Titans at Patriots Wild Card Discussion

Tenn hammered the pats last year, holding a better NE offense to 10 points. While I’d expect NE to score more at home here they are struggling mightily to score consistently. Tenn has a solid d, and with the lack of down field weapons, no gronk to worry about, I do think the titans hold NE in check.

On offense, Henry is gonna eat, he’s been the hottest back the 2h of the season, and NE has been vulnerable on the ground. The emergence of AJ Brown as a legit no 1 WR and Tannehill’s accuracy has helped lead to a huge uptick in tenn offense. If they can keep him upright and protect Tannehill and give him time to make throws when he has to, I like their chances. Stick with what’s got you here. Pound the rock with Henry, wear down that d, play action high percentage throws down the field, find AJ Brown.

At 4.5 I feel a lot of ppl will bet NE, hoping to see the number climb and hit it later in the week. Doubt it hits 7, but hoping it does lol.

5 on Bovado & they are as square as it gets. I don't think this gets any higher. Hell as a Pats fan I'm teasing Tenn. This way I can still route for Pats to win & cash the ticket but I think Pats lose outright. Henry should be able to run all over them.

Weather calling for high of 50 with 50% chance of showers during the day. So probably upper 30's to low 40's during the game.

Can Titans D get stops? Pats O isn't great but they'll pull out all the stops like they do in big games. Flea flickers. WR pass, etc.

Grabbed the 5.5. This line has no business being higher than 3, whether it hits or not this is a matter of principle.

If you’ve watched the Titans and Patriots both play football over the last month and expect the Patriots to win comfortably, I think you’re on drugs.

Can Titans D get stops? Pats O isn't great but they'll pull out all the stops like they do in big games. Flea flickers. WR pass, etc.

Don't be fooled into thinking the Pats flip a switch in this game. Other than against Buffalo they showed up flat against the three legit (non NFC East) playoff teams they faced this year.

Don't be fooled into thinking the Pats flip a switch in this game. Other than against Buffalo they showed up flat against the three legit (non NFC East) playoff teams they faced this year.

Agree...but is this Titans D the worst New England has faced down the stretch? I suppose Miami is awful but I don't trust Titans D at all.

Cons of playing the titans- Patriots defense is still very good, and even better at game planning to erase 1 key player. You already know they'll be looking to stack against the run as they feel Gilmore can shut down AJ Brown (he can). Props to Tannehill on the nice regular season but I think the Pats will be able to put some pressure on him. Can the Titans beat a good defense?

All this talk of the Patriots offense being terrible yet they average more points per game and passing yards per game than the Titans on the year. I think the Titans D gets exploited by the Pats dink and dunk. Michel is starting to get going and Brady has enough with White/Edelman to move the chains. I really want the Titans to win though.

Cons of playing the titans- Patriots defense is still very good, and even better at game planning to erase 1 key player. You already know they'll be looking to stack against the run as they feel Gilmore can shut down AJ Brown (he can). Props to Tannehill on the nice regular season but I think the Pats will be able to put some pressure on him. Can the Titans beat a good defense?

All this talk of the Patriots offense being terrible yet they average more points per game and passing yards per game than the Titans on the year. I think the Titans D gets exploited by the Pats dink and dunk. Michel is starting to get going and Brady has enough with White/Edelman to move the chains. I really want the Titans to win though.

So what happened against Parker . Just a bad game for Gilmore ?

Aj Brown is plying as good as any receiver in football right now

As a fan I really don’t like all this love for the titans, hoping it’s just on this forum and the public backs the pats. Don’t want this number shrinking on me. Lol

It’s still NE. It’s still on the road, and as Ric Flair would say in order to be the man, you gotta beat the man, wooooo. Titan up!!

I hear ya about it being a forum play

I wouldn't worry about the Titans being popular with people who are into sports betting. Anyone with a lick of sense and eyeswould only bet the Titans or nothing in this game. I've talked with all kinds of Joe Sixpacks and none of them think the Two tone blue have a chance.

Pats have lost 3 Home Playoff games in 20 years. (Jets, Ravens twice)
Some notes/ concerns

* This is Tannehill's 1st ever playoff game.
* Titans secondary is average at best
* Titans do not have a pass rush and that is the ONE thing Brady hates (besides losing)
* Titans Special teams are terrible BY FAR their weakest link (besides Kern the punter) they cant kick touchbacks and FG's I think they set a record of missing more than they made this season. They are 8 -18 on FG's 44% The Kicker they have now has not made a FG yet
* Titans were playing for a playoff spot vs Hou and they moved the ball with ease with no Watson, Hopkins, Stills, Fuller
* Media love for Titans (hope its more about Pat Hate)..... I've seen it too many times when Titans get all this hype they find a way to fall flat on their face
* Mariota is on the bench....... I know Vrabel has some 2 QB plays hidden away. Double pass (Tannehill was a WR at aTm)
* Titans have a lot of NE ties ..... Vrabel will have these guys ready to play, will they respond?
* Keep an eye on the weather, I haven't seen any change.... so 34 5-10 mph wind?

This game really could mean so much..... it could be the decline of Brady & Hoody (The Evil Empire) and the Titans going from good to the doorstep of great.

I think Hoody stacks the box and tries to stop Henry..... Pats will run the ball
Who can make the most FG's

I lean Under and will hope the Titans pull it out

Last edited:
Pats have lost 3 Home Playoff games in 20 years. (Jets, Ravens twice)
Some notes/ concerns

* This is Tannehill's 1st every playoff game.
* Titans secondary is average at best
* Titans do not have a pass rush and that is the ONE thing Brady hates (besides losing)
* Titans Special teams are terrible BY FAR their weakest link (besides Kern the punter) they cant kick touchbacks and FG's I think they set a record of missing more than they made this season. They are 8 -18 on FG's 44% The Kicker they have now has not made a FG yet
* Titans were playing for a playoff spot vs Hou and they moved the ball with ease with no Watson, Hopkins, Stills, Fuller
* Media love for Titans (hope its more about Pat Hate)..... I've seen it too many times when Titans get all this hype they find a way to fall flat on their face
* Mariota is on the bench....... I know Vrabel has some 2 QB plays hidden away. Double pass (Tannehill was a WR at aTm)
* Titans have a lot of NE ties ..... Vrabel will have these guys ready to play, will they respond?
* Keep an eye on the weather, I haven't seen any change.... so 34 5-10 mph wind?

This game really could mean so much..... it could be the decline of Brady & Hoody (The Evil Empire) and the Titans going from good to the doorstep of great.

I think Hoody stacks the box and tries to stop Henry..... Pats will run the ball
Who can make the most

I lean Under and will hope the Titans pull it out

Special teams does worry me a bit in a close game. I trust Kern, but Succop not being healthy all year has been a problem. No idea what to expect from this kicker

Lows in the upper 30's, 80% chance of rain, looked like it could be heavy during the evening.

From having worked outside for years in New England I can say there is nothing worse than a 30-degree rain to chill you to the bone & freeze up your hands. Makes it hard to grip things.

What this does to the flow of the game, fuck if I know.

It's going to end bad for New England. Whether it's here or in KC they are going to lose big. Writing is on the wall. The team isn't good, Brady and Alex G selling houses, McCourteys rumoured to be retiring. It's all going to blow up at some point. Fact they lost that KC game at home earlier off a loss and then got beat in W17 with a bye clinching opportunity...I mean those are games they NEVER, EVER lose. So TEN is going to go in and whip them or KC is going to throttle them. Kind of feel like they win here though. Titans DL and secondary is pretty bad and they take a million sacks. NE will get pressure here and score some. Tannehill in wet conditions sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. But this team gets buried in KC.

Lows in the upper 30's, 80% chance of rain, looked like it could be heavy during the evening.

From having worked outside for years in New England I can say there is nothing worse than a 30-degree rain to chill you to the bone & freeze up your hands. Makes it hard to grip things.

so this leads back to who can run the ball, stop the run, control TOP and make FG's

If this is going look something like the Dallas game earlier this year then I think that gives a nice advantage to Pats

Tannehill making his first playoff start is a really big factor. Bellichick is 11-0 facing a QB making his first playoff start.

Is that negated a bit since it’s Vrabel on the other sideline and he’d know more than most what Bill likes to do that’s made him so successful in this situation? It probably is, but that would probably mean Bill schemes up something completely different as not to give Vrabel any type of edge.

At some point the dynasty will come to an end, and all of the people who’ve been predicting it for a decade or so will FINALLY be right, and this year may just very well be it...but is it going to be this home game, against a QB making his first career playoff start, and one that not one person on this board would have had much (anything) good to say about him until 10 games ago?

That’s why they play the games, as the cliche goes. I have a though time seeing NE lose the game, but covering a spread over a FG is just as though to see.

parker is legit and pats decided to go man all game...it was a mistake in the sense that fitzpatrick had a great game, his passes were extremely accurate all game, probably the best game he had all year and miami game planned extremely well....i like under here

Is that negated a bit since it’s Vrabel on the other sideline and he’d know more than most what Bill likes to do that’s made him so successful in this situation? It probably is, but that would probably mean Bill schemes up something completely different as not to give Vrabel any type of edge.

Lattimore checked him to one catch couple of weeks ago, scored on end around, thank god for my fantasy team. Only targeted twice at the end of the Saints game trailing too.

The Dolphins finished the season 5-4 beating some decent teams along the way.

Pats' are not elite but this Tenny attack will be forced to be one-dimensional.

Henry had a great year but he doesn't strike me as someone who is dynamic enough to beat a BB scheme.

Will Tommy Uggs lose a home playoff game to this guy...

Image result for funny ryan tannehill
Image result for funny ryan tannehill

Attachments

• 1578023908504.jpeg
    1578023908504.jpeg
    9.3 KB · Views: 0
If I am Hoody my game plan would be this.
I would run the ball w/ Burkhead, Michel dump passes to White. Quick slants ins, outs to Edelman / Watson.
Basically keep the Titans O off the field.
Brady understands they don’t need him to win, just execute.
Brady can move the ball one 1st down at a time, Tire down Titans D.
1TD May win this game. But it will also take maybe a handful of FGs.

As I said earlier I have NO confidence in Titans. special teams, on kickoffs or FGs.

One thing I do trust in Special Teams is Slater.
He has a nose for the ball and rarely makes mistakes.

Thoughts on Titans gameplan to come......

If I am Hoody my game plan would be this.
I would run the ball w/ Burkhead, Michel dump passes to White. Quick slants ins, outs to Edelman / Watson.
Basically keep the Titans O off the field.
Brady understands they don’t need him to win, just execute.
Brady can move the ball one 1st down at a time, Tire down Titans D.
1TD May win this game. But it will also take maybe a handful of FGs.

As I said earlier I have NO confidence in Titans. special teams, on kickoffs or FGs.

One thing I do trust in Special Teams is Slater.
He has a nose for the ball and rarely makes mistakes.

Thoughts on Titans gameplan to come......
This has been the Pats gameplan all year. They rarely throw the ball deep.

This has been the Pats gameplan all year. They rarely throw the ball deep.
Deep to NE is 15-25 yards. The intermediate routes. They will pick and choose their spots.

Titans have Adore back but to me that just means he’s fresh, he will have to adjust quick.

Also these 2 teams spent a lot of time together w/ joint practice preseason.
What can you take from these? Not much I don’t think but who knows.
I suppose you could see tendencies and see who has corrected theirs. They will have a lot of tape on each other.

I’m as ready to bury pats as everyone else not in New England but I’ll be damned if I buy the titans and tannenhill being the team to do it.,

Not worried bout the dolphins game, fish have beaten pats 10x in reg season in December or later, rest of nfl has also beaten them 10x during that stretch!!! Fish have always kinda had their number.

Pats will limit Henry I suspect then make tennenhill best them. I saw how shaky he looked in 1st half when Houston went to Tennessee with division on the line.

Back