Titans at Patriots Wild Card Discussion

I’m as ready to bury pats as everyone else not in New England but I’ll be damned if I buy the titans and tannenhill being the team to do it.,

Not worried bout the dolphins game, fish have beaten pats 10x in reg season in December or later, rest of nfl has also beaten them 10x during that stretch!!! Fish have always kinda had their number.

I know this is a playoff game, and on the road, but Vrabel and the Titans hammered the pats last year, a much better Pats offense, and this Titan team is better than last years version. Not saying they win, but very very good chance here imo.

1st q will be huge. If Tenn can stay within a FG or have the lead it bodes well. A young team, inexperienced, can’t fall behind and make crucial mistakes early. Stay disciplined, stay solid. Make the pats feel the pressure knowing you’re not gonna fold.

I know this is a playoff game, and on the road, but Vrabel and the Titans hammered the pats last year, a much better Pats offense, and this Titan team is better than last years version. Not saying they win, but very very good chance here imo.

1st q will be huge. If Tenn can stay within a FG or have the lead it bodes well. A young team, inexperienced, can’t fall behind and make crucial mistakes early. Stay disciplined, stay solid. Make the pats feel the pressure knowing you’re not gonna fold.

My initial thoughts went to that game but the more I’ve heard ppl like titans the more I’ve decided I’m good riding with pats one last time before i start fading them next week., I don’t think titans all that good to go up there and win. I could be wrong. Decided I can live with it easier than I could playing titans and watching pats turn tannenhill over a couple times.

My initial thoughts went to that game but the more I’ve heard ppl like titans the more I’ve decided I’m good riding with pats one last time before i start fading them next week., I don’t think titans all that good to go up there and win. I could be wrong. Decided I can live with it easier than I could playing titans and watching pats turn tannenhill over a couple times.

I feel you. I certainly do not like all the love for tenn and ppl writing off the pats. This game will most likely come down to the wire, either way, imo.

Anyone have any good player props??

Was thinking Edelman receptions or James white receptions.
Edeman's is kinda high at 5.5
White is at 4.5

Rush attempts by D. Henry (TEN) is at 20.5

Edelman better bet. Never know how many snaps White will play and like him better when NE playing from behind.

I feel you. I certainly do not like all the love for tenn and ppl writing off the pats. This game will most likely come down to the wire, either way, imo.

Good call brotha. Congrats.

I’m not shocked they lost really. I am shocked how it happened. The talent fall off we knew about. The fact they got beat situationally which was the difference is shocking to me. Goal line, end of half, failing on 3rd and shorts. Not getting key stops on 3rd and longs. Not cashing in after the pick, punting after pick from mid field on 4th and 3?!?!!! They looked like the browns not the greatest dynasty we have ever seen!!!

Good call brotha. Congrats.

I’m not shocked they lost really. I am shocked how it happened. The talent fall off we knew about. The fact they got beat situationally which was the difference is shocking to me. Goal line, end of half, failing on 3rd and shorts. Not getting key stops on 3rd and longs. Not cashing in after the pick, punting after pick from mid field on 4th and 3?!?!!! They looked like the browns not the greatest dynasty we have ever seen!!!

Thanks brother. Ugly but I’ll take it. That game was there for the taking for either team. The pats had a chance to put them away in the 1h but settled for those 2 FGs, and not sure why they didn’t go to that run d they used the super bowl right out the gate and waited to make the switch until Henry had already gotten going, as it was clear Tannehill wasn’t winning that game. I give the Titans d credit for bending but not breaking and making adjustments. That goal line stand was huge, but very shocked they didn’t try at least one pass there. I was mad nervous when Tannehill bobbled that 3rd down snap with 5 minutes to go, figured Tom was gonna burry me, but got helped by Edelman dropping that pass. Henry was an animal, but gonna need Tannehill to show up next week bc Balt will score more than 13 points.

Thanks brother. Ugly but I’ll take it. That game was there for the taking for either team. The pats had a chance to put them away in the 1h but settled for those 2 FGs, and not sure why they didn’t go to that run d they used the super bowl right out the gate and waited to make the switch until Henry had already gotten going, as it was clear Tannehill wasn’t winning that game. I give the Titans d credit for bending but not breaking and making adjustments. That goal line stand was huge, but very shocked they didn’t try at least one pass there. I was mad nervous when Tannehill bobbled that 3rd down snap with 5 minutes to go, figured Tom was gonna burry me, but got helped by Edelman dropping that pass. Henry was an animal, but gonna need Tannehill to show up next week bc Balt will score more than 13 points.

They a way tougher test for ravens than whipping Houston again would have been that for sure. Texans probably thrilled they don’t have to go thru that kind of physical beat down again! Titans at least won’t get physically overwhelmed and I def think the way to try to beat ravens defense is on the ground not the air against those corners and all those blitzes. That will be biggest key keeping out of obvious passing downs cause titans pass protection is not good. Be super interesting to see what kind of plan they come up for trying to deal with Lamar and the offense. Good match up but much tougher to bet imo. Lol

They a way tougher test for ravens than whipping Houston again would have been that for sure. Texans probably thrilled they don’t have to go thru that kind of physical beat down again! Titans at least won’t get physically overwhelmed and I def think the way to try to beat ravens defense is on the ground not the air against those corners and all those blitzes. That will be biggest key keeping out of obvious passing downs cause titans pass protection is not good. Be super interesting to see what kind of plan they come up for trying to deal with Lamar and the offense. Good match up but much tougher to bet imo. Lol

Hoping Jayon Brown can play next week. They will need him to help try and contain Lamar. I think Tenn can move the ball and score on Balt, but you’re right, they will need to outphysical them, which I think they can do, but Lamar is the X factor

Hoping Jayon Brown can play next week. They will need him to help try and contain Lamar. I think Tenn can move the ball and score on Balt, but you’re right, they will need to outphysical them, which I think they can do, but Lamar is the X factor

Ravens d nasty when they know you passing so think it huge for titans to win early downs., also think titans gonna have to take and hit a few shots which def doable if they can get tannenhill time., ravens been ultra aggressive since Peters arrived and smith got healthy. I’d suspect they continue blitzing with the idea of stopping run as much as gettin to Qb so I think big plays be there to be made.

Ravens offense so tough and well designed. Very Titans like with the power run game but you can never take your focus off Lamar and those tight ends. It like they always have a numbers advantage cause the things you have to always respect. Tannenhill will have to be way better so ravens not just sending bodies flying to point of attack.

It def a interesting matchup. I’m too tired to start digging into it further. My 1st guess is I’ll be a huge square and tease balty/kc since I’ve thought they were gonna meet to decide afc for some time.

Punting on 4th and 6 was ridiculous
Not having a return man was ridiculous, particularly since it wasn't for an additional rusher....

Even the best coach of all time is a moron.

It was not one his finer coaching jobs to say the least.

Ravens d nasty when they know you passing so think it huge for titans to win early downs., also think titans gonna have to take and hit a few shots which def doable if they can get tannenhill time., ravens been ultra aggressive since Peters arrived and smith got healthy. I’d suspect they continue blitzing with the idea of stopping run as much as gettin to Qb so I think big plays be there to be made.

Ravens offense so tough and well designed. Very Titans like with the power run game but you can never take your focus off Lamar and those tight ends. It like they always have a numbers advantage cause the things you have to always respect. Tannenhill will have to be way better so ravens not just sending bodies flying to point of attack.

It def a interesting matchup. I’m too tired to start digging into it further. My 1st guess is I’ll be a huge square and tease balty/kc since I’ve thought they were gonna meet to decide afc for some time.

I’ll respond to this tomorrow but agree with most of your points about the gameplans for sure.

I’ll respond to this tomorrow but agree with most of your points about the gameplans for sure.

Right on. Yea we def talk more. Time to get some rest., lol., super curious bout your thoughts on titans offense whether they have some kinds of misdirection and/or screens of some sort, blitz beaters in other words. I have prob only seen them parts of 3-4 games this year and not much against a very aggressive attacking defense outside this game.,

Last edited:
Back