tip's April bases

• Thread starter Thread starter tipyerbartender1
  • Start date Start date
T

tipyerbartender1

This might be a one time thing, I haven't posted baseball picks in years and I think it's a jinx, but I'm feeling dangerous. And I might suck on Fridays. Also, if one of you nerds scares me with umpire news, I might not do the totals. But will, of course, count them in the record. I'm a gentleman.

Phils +130
Cards RL +110 x2
Jays/Sox over 8.5 -120
Stros RL even
Mets/Tribe under 8 -115

I didn't know that you actually gambled. I just figured you supplied the humorous, rational, liberal side to the issues at hand. Kinda like a ctg Jon Stewart.

Good luck...

:cheers3:

I gamble, unfortunately. And I mean unfortunately in a couple different ways.

1-3

I told you posting plays is a jinx. I managed to mush some NHL too.

4/16

Moving kind of slow today. In games before nightfall, I like ...

Reds +130
M's -120

3-3
+1.3

4/17

Dodgers -140 (listed pitchers)
Dodgers RL +150 (x.5)
Dodgers -2.5 +245 (x.5)
Jays -140 (x.5) (listed pitchers)
Jays RL +120 (x.5)
Tigers/Stros OVER 8.5 -110

Last edited by a moderator:
Health in Houston, but completely agree in Chavez Revine. The former Irish WR who probably could've excelled in the NFL has lost a lot of luster the last few seasons IMO. GL, tip. :shake:

Thank you.

It doesn't look like Maeda's been solved yet, kind of a funky delivery. I think he can ride the crest of being the strange and mysterious unknown commodity from the Far East until the hitters get to see a little more of him.

Going to add a little Jays above. Love me some Sanchez, hate me a knuckleballer in the crisp April air. Jays just saw this guy last week.

Thanks, clown. I've considered just copying your one-a-day winners out of laziness, but I think people would catch on after a little while.

Its nice to see U posting Tip
U more about baseball than most of us put together, appreciate U sharing
BOL on the season

:cheers:

8-4
+4.65

4/18

Nats +150 (listed pitchers)
Reds -130 (listed pitchers)

Thanks, grinder.

Passed on Tuesday.

8-6
+2.35

4/20

Cards -110 (list Martinez)
Tribe -120 (list Salazar)
Tribe RL +170 (x .5)

9-8
+1.65

4/21

Braves -1.5 +475
Giants RL +130
Tribe even (listed pitchers) (x 2)
Angels even (listed pitchers)
Rays +140 (list Odorizzi)

11-11
+0.05

4/22

Braves +170
Cubs RL -120
Phils +110 (list Nola)
D'Backs -130 (list Corbin)
Pads +120
A's/Jays UNDER 8 -110
Tribe/Tigs OVER 8.5 -110
M's/Angels OVER 7.5 -110

Will do the record in just a sec, like a couple one-o-clockers ...

4/23
14-16

Tribe -110 (list Kluber)
Nats -120
Phils +120
LAD/Rocks UNDER 11.5 -120
Pirates even (listed pitchers)
Marlins -120 (listed pitchers)

I feel like I owe the baseball forum an explanation or two for going to the well on Tribe games too much lately, including a loser on the total last night, lest you think gman has returned.

I do play on 'em quite a bit as dogs or short faves against RHP, so take those plays with a grain of salt. I'm a homer. I go against 'em once in a while, and always think I have a read on the total, but haven't been wildly successful on Tribe totals over the years.

They're a tough read early on. They stand at .500 and have played the fewest games in baseball with all the early bad weather and other April off days. No rhythm to the season yet.

Worried about the bully. Shaw's been pretty bad, think all he has left in the tank is fearlessness. He's probably pitched more relief innings the past few years than anyone in the AL or close to it, and I fear his effective shelf life as the 8th-inning guy might be near an end. Allen's been a tad shaky, but he's kind of a streaky RP.

Not worried about Kluber. He's still throwing well, still striking guys out. He's been undone by the bad inning, late inning long ball at the wrong time, balls lost in the sun. He'll be fine.

Offense is pretty choppy. Need Bradley back and healthy, should be in the line-up Monday in Minny. Do think as the year goes on you'll see them score marginally better than recent years against LHP. No superstars, but more RH veteran hitter options at Tito's disposal than the last few years. And a full season of Lindor. So ... go Tribe.

Good luck today, guys.

I miss the guy that got all that weed delivered, need him back in the pen.

GL today tip, on em 1st 5

lol, Chris Perez. That probably made him a CTG folk hero. Technically, he had it delivered to his dog.

Adding under the lights:

Phils +120
LAD/Rocks UNDER 11.5 -120
Pirates even (listed pitchers)
Marlins -120 (listed pitchers)

18-18

4/24

Phils-110 (listed pitchers)
Yanks -110 (list Pineda)
Tribe RL -110
Royals -140 (list Ventura)
Red Sox even (listed pitchers)

21-20
+0.55

4/25

Reds +180 (list Iglesias)
Cards/D'Backs OVER 7.5 -110
Pads +170 (list Pomeranz)
CWS +160
A's +130
O's +120
O's/Rays OVER 7.5 -110
Rangers -110
Stros/M's UNDER 8 -110
Bravos +120 (list Teheran)

Wasn't planning on fondy style, but there you go. Good luck, all.

Ouch on Monday.

24-27

4/26

Phils +170 (list Velasquez)
Phils/Nats UNDER 7.5 -120
Reds +140 (listed pitchers)
CWS -120 (list Sale) (x 2)
Rays -125 (listed pitchers)
Rangers +110
Red Sox RL -125 (x 2)

Thanks, blood.

Adding a side and total in the Nats game above, and doubling up on the Red Sox RL.

Good luck, folks.

30-28
+4.75

4/27

A's -105 (list Gray)
Tribe even (list Tomlin)
Red Sox RL even

Definitely the "Little Engine that Could" of the Tribe staff. Interesting match-up, I'll take a shot against this Berrios kid in his debut, hoping the Indians can show him he's not in Rochester anymore. Good luck, grinder.

Back