Ohio State/Maryland over 54.5
Michigan State/Rutgers over 51.5

Strong Lean
Wake Forest 9
ncstate 2
Oklahoma -14.5
Texas State 5

Last edited:
Just telling you .. ball state will get hammered tomorrow...... up to 11 now .. I am no idiot ... it will get hammered tomorrow. You have less than 24 hours of getting Double digits in my estimation.

Only got 8 with NW, but I think they can win this outright. I also think that Ohio State takes out some frustration against MD. I watched them get blanked against Michigan and they are just awful. MD has zero QB play and that will be an ugly score.

Only got 8 with NW, but I think they can win this outright. I also think that Ohio State takes out some frustration against MD. I watched them get blanked against Michigan and they are just awful. MD has zero QB play and that will be an ugly score.

While I agree, I have sort of reached my wits end as far as hoping for the offense to wake up. I have been on the over with them quite a bit and had them against Hawaii too I think. I am going to need to see it once before I hop on board again ... I can only trust my preseason beliefs so long... at some point I have to believe what is happening until I get some evidence to support my position. But I agree, especially about the terps issues right now.

Getting ready to finally watch that Maryland-Michigan game here in a few, was not able to due to cirucumstances other than gamecast...

I will have a thread tomorrow with thoughts...

With that being said, I said the line should be about 5.5...Hunt kinda said in 4-5 range...this was Saturday night...

Respect factor back somewhat? Just like the BYU line I was a little suprised.

Lets say Michigan wins like 20-13 and MSU comes out sloppy again, what is your number for October 17th?

OT: Do you still calculate HFA? I know you listed them several years ago, just kinda popped into my head.

OT: Do you still calculate HFA? I know you listed them several years ago, just kinda popped into my head.

ya I still do that though I don't update it as well as I should ... I suppose you are telling me the fa is good again and the blue hairs are louder now

Ballsy......i have a feeling the true frosh pees down his leg in this one...

I could see SC being disinterested enough in the 2nd half for a strong backdoor possibility and UW has a strong coaching edge...but to be honest I don't really know how to play this one. SC 1st half might be worth a look.

I think Washington defensively matches up extremely well with this brand of offensive football, making the 17 a lot to cover. Stanford and Arizona prior ..... Notre Dame and Utah after ..... seems like a tough spot for usc to be focused.

While I agree, I have sort of reached my wits end as far as hoping for the offense to wake up. I have been on the over with them quite a bit and had them against Hawaii too I think. I am going to need to see it once before I hop on board again ... I can only trust my preseason beliefs so long... at some point I have to believe what is happening until I get some evidence to support my position. But I agree, especially about the terps issues right now.

It's interesting to watch all this early money flowing to OSU each week. Surely it's the same people losing money week after week.

OSU through 5 games:
Turnovers: 13 (117th nationally)
Red Zone TD% 37.5 (121st nationally)
3rd Downs: 34.9% (103rd nationally)
Penalties: 7.8 per game (101st)

It will fix itself eventually but impossible to guess on which week that will occur. The turnovers have been alarming dating back to the Alabama game last year.

It's also kind've amazing that OSU has actually had a shot to cover late in these last few games despite the horrendous stats above. It does demonstrate that the ceiling is pretty darn high for this team.

It's interesting to watch all this early money flowing to OSU each week. Surely it's the same people losing money week after week.

OSU through 5 games:
Turnovers: 13 (117th nationally)
Red Zone TD% 37.5 (121st nationally)
3rd Downs: 34.9% (103rd nationally)
Penalties: 7.8 per game (101st)

It will fix itself eventually but impossible to guess on which week that will occur. The turnovers have been alarming dating back to the Alabama game last year.

It's also kind've amazing that OSU has actually had a shot to cover late in these last few games despite the horrendous stats above. It does demonstrate that the ceiling is pretty darn high for this team.

In the offseason .. heading into week 1 ... I can't remember having a larger spread between positions #1 and #2 in my pr .. ironically the concerns I had for Ohio State at the time were on the defensive side of the ball. So I obviously think the potential is there for them to get on a run of greatness if they get it sorted out ...BUT ... with a few seconds to go in the game this past Saturday, they were one TD catch and two pt conversion away from losing to Indiana with Indiana being a favorite to score the TD at the beginning of the series inside the ten yard line. That would have eliminated them from playoff contention. So while I think they can right the ship, I also will no longer accept the "boredom" excuse from either TOSU or MSU.

It's definitely NOT boredom. I haven't seen anything in the way of lack of effort and the defense is playing it's tail off. The offense is just sloppy. Sloppy to me doesn't indicate lack of effort.

I'm not sure if I agree with OSU having been eliminated there with a loss to Indiana. If they ran the table they'd still get into the B1G champ game and the winner is going to be in the playoffs barring anything really weird. With the parity this season it's hard to envision a lot of undefeated teams left heading into the playoffs.

There's a slight hole up the middle for OSU on the defensive side (they haven't adequately replaced Michael Bennett from last year) but overall it's a very strong unit with a lot of playmakers. If the offensive train wreck can ever get sorted through...watch out.

In the offseason .. heading into week 1 ... I can't remember having a larger spread between positions #1 and #2 in my pr .. ironically the concerns I had for Ohio State at the time were on the defensive side of the ball. So I obviously think the potential is there for them to get on a run of greatness if they get it sorted out ...BUT ... with a few seconds to go in the game this past Saturday, they were one TD catch and two pt conversion away from losing to Indiana with Indiana being a favorite to score the TD at the beginning of the series inside the ten yard line. That would have eliminated them from playoff contention. So while I think they can right the ship, I also will no longer accept the "boredom" excuse from either TOSU or MSU.

Hey guys .. what did you all make Texas State at ULL?

I have this at around -2 but I am not sure if I'm way off base...seems like a few points were added in for past success if that makes sense. Otherwise I can't see what the difference is unless I missed something (totally possible)

I have this at around -2 but I am not sure if I'm way off base...seems like a few points were added in for past success if that makes sense. Otherwise I can't see what the difference is unless I missed something (totally possible)

Looks like it got hit already.... though still looks decent. My knowledge level is a little low on both teams to invest though .. but my instinct might have been right... at least in regards to what market would think.

It would be a very bad one loss though against a schedule that is laughable.

2014 says hello.

And at least this year OSU has the added clout of having a NC under their belt.

Moot point anyways. Although we may have to revisit the topic next week if OSU loses to Maryland at home.
:rofl:

2014 says hello.

And at least this year OSU has the added clout of having a NC under their belt.

Moot point anyways. Although we may have to revisit the topic next week if OSU loses to Maryland at home.
:rofl:

Correct about 2014. They did not deserve the playoff spot in my opinion, though they clearly outplayed both opponents and were a quality champion.

Back