time to post my week 5 card so far

I never bet the Ags, but went ahead and gave the hook. This is what the last 3 games have come down to, game plan wise.
Best thing for the Ags would be that Kyle Allen gets to play in every game.
Not sure we can cover anyone consistently, but that D is coming around.

Good luck this week, sir.

Good luck with that one CC. You're probably right, but I can't bring myself to lay DD with Iowa.

totally understand that ferentz could f up a cup of coffee. but purdue biggest weakness, and there's a big pool to choose from, is defending the power run game. they lucked out by being a few miles west of bloomington to not be in the b1g east. but temporarily playing the downhill run of minny, wisky and iowa is gonna be ugly.

I never bet the Ags, but went ahead and gave the hook. This is what the last 3 games have come down to, game plan wise.
Best thing for the Ags would be that Kyle Allen gets to play in every game.
Not sure we can cover anyone consistently, but that D is coming around.

Good luck this week, sir.

Down to 8.5 in some places. Wow.

Miami and Duke are next up for GT. I will be paying close attention. Still don't have a feel for Miami qb. You are so correct on quality of competition. I am with you. If they win big maybe make gt +3 next week. Great weekend. GL this week.

-3.5 now you weren't kidding about the money. Interesting.

Miami's QB is pretty good. Two bad decisions for INTs, one was called back on a (bullshit) penalty. His other INT was just a phenomenal play. Other than that, I thought he played great.

Pretty much my thoughts in a nutshell. The Kansas QB is the worst kind of awful imaginable. Texas D will eat them alive. Assuming Texas doesn't fall over themselves with turnovers and penalties they should win handily.

in agreement with the both of ya'll. charlie is gonna have these kids up for this game.

I think the Arkansas love is a bit out of hand too. TAMU been toying around waiting for a big game again ... if that gets all the way down to 7 I have no choice but to take TAMU ... Arkansas is greatly improved ... but at 7 it would be a little much to say they would be a pickem if the game were at Arkansas. TAMU held S Carolina to 67 yards rushing and I know some of that is scoreboard related and SCary having to pass to come back but still ... Rice tore them up a little I guess ....

I do wonder how good TAMU is ... S Carolina's play is as fickle as the love of a teenage girl. (insert chris Hansen joke here) ... in other words .. how do I know the TAMU big effort wasn't just one of the many no-show games for S Carolina at this point?

Don't like Arkansas in this game... and I could point to some defensive deficiencies against the spread ... and I could point to some tiring in games where their offense doesn't control the ball. Gonna be a little harder to just line it up and get first downs pounding it on the road at a stadium named for the most handsome man alive.

in agreement with the both of ya'll. charlie is gonna have these kids up for this game.

It's big for him. And i actually think taking the team away from Austin will work to Texas benefit. Strong preaches unity and togetherness - no better opportunity than going on the road to practice it.

Anyway, our last coach would find a way to turn these trips against inferior opponents into nightmares. Conversely, I think Strong will seize opportunities like this and go for the throat. He better, as he's not going to have a lot of chances to do so this season. Feels like a 35-13 type game.

Not a TAMU home game .. nevermind.... I keep doing this with neutral and semi-neutral field games.

Miami's QB is pretty good. Two bad decisions for INTs, one was called back on a (bullshit) penalty. His other INT was just a phenomenal play. Other than that, I thought he played great.

appreciate it cub. I didn't watch one moment of that game, I still have the ville game in my mind, glad you commented on his improving performance, feel real good now about the u this week.

I'm probably going to be on a lot of the same plays you are as well this week.

Completely agree with Miami. I went back and watched their game with Nebby today and was actually very impressed with the QB play. Only concern, which I need to do more looking on, is stopping the run game.

As as well as Stanford. Think there is Zero chance they start out 0-2 in conference play. Washington should get exposed this week. Just sitting back and hoping that line comes back down a little

great read as always VK. always a must,good luck this week. agree on the U and Tejas

Completely agree with Miami. I went back and watched their game with Nebby today and was actually very impressed with the QB play. Only concern, which I need to do more looking on, is stopping the run game.

I'm not saying Miami's run D is good, b/c it wasn't, but they aren't going to be facing anyone near as good as Abdullah the rest of the way. Abdullah will be in NY at the end of the year.

Chicos.jpg

Penn State is a bad football team. They may win their season over, but the point is they are still bad. It's a damn shame they snuck by Rutgers and UCF. The have no OL and the running game is pathetic. I will bet against a poor offensive team laying DD any day of the week.

add

#107/#108 UCLA/ASU under 59.5
#131/#132 Iowa/Purdue over 46
#199/#200 NMSU/LSU over 54.5
#153 Bowling Green -4
#135/#136 NW/PSU under 45.5

capt -pr # TT +9.5 with the belief it is too low a number ( obviously since I leaned okie lite ). I wont get into what I think the problem with my pr number is in this case other than to say I try to change them gradually.

smails -- chicos the bomb

cubsker - will do

johnny - Hope the qb just has an average day .. should be all we need from him.

Frank - hope so .. looks like some things reversed to make us look in better shape now.

Dollaz -- ya the Rutgers win was fortunate for them .. thought they dominated ucf. I just see a really slow team who is well coached.

Sigo -- I will get some thoughts in here but understand that I wouldn't take my opinions regarding the game very seriously as my feel/understanding for Memphis is really bad.

gps - grats on crushing florida and ruining my under last week.. Thanks for the well wishes on UT and UM

Hammers -- Hope you got in .. looks like line skyrocketed today.

Not a TAMU home game .. nevermind.... I keep doing this with neutral and semi-neutral field games.

I thought for a second you were saying Jerry Jones is the most handsome man alive.

We are seeing eye to eye again this week on most things. good luck

Congrats on a great season so far. What are your thoughts on the UNM/Fresno under? Was looking to go the other way myself.

MW .. my thoughts on the Fresno Total are pretty straight forward. Obviously not backing any wonderful defenses here with this investment but I made the total mid sixties so I see a ton of value despite seeing a game where the offenses can move the ball. But there are factors in play that made this line inflated imo.

Fresno State has been playing bad defense. There is no denying that they just aren't tackling people but they also get major class relief here. Faced USC, UTAH and Nebraska in those games .. the first two on the road. Fresno fell way behind in all three of those games very early. This led to Fresno State throwing the ball a lot and a ballooning of the score in the mismatch. In this game, I think Fresno is the more likely team to have an early and if not, I don't think they are getting blown out early by the lobos. Unlike Utah, Nebraska or USC, Fresno state will have more success running the ball but I still doubt they just run it at unm all day. Middling success is always the best way to an under when it comes to the run game. We know unm will be running the ball and has one of longer time spans per offensive play run. Fresno rates to match up better athletically against unm than they did vs the offensive athletes of the aforementioned. Again, I don't think they "stop" the lobos in the sense of dominating them defensively but I think they keep the lobos under thirty points in the game. The clock will run a lot more in this game than in previous bulldog games. While Gautsche and Connette will both start, they are also both banged up. Fresno played against the unm version of the option last year and held them to under 200 yards rushing. They played cal poly last year and held that option attack to 172 yards. The team got a needed break against Southern Utah leading into this game to get their defense fresh and prepared for the short week game. 73 is just a ton of points for how I see this one playing out ... and if fresno is in the lead and able to run this thing doesn't sniff the total imo.

Charlie Strong is doing exactly what needs to be done at Texas to change the entitled mentality of that football program. Whether it hurts my investment this week or not, it will definitely benefit the program down the road. That he has had to dismiss this many players from the team is telling as to the state of discipline and work ethic that Brown left the program in at his departure.

Adding VT to my strong leans list. I have played against WMich twice now losing with a bad number ( sigh ) against purdue and losing with Idaho in a game I thought the vandals would handle them ..... when you back purdue and Idaho laying pts to the same team it pretty much gives you an idea of what I think about the Wmich ball club. Seems like a good spot for VT to take out its frustrations on a lesser after back to back losses.

Charlie Strong is doing exactly what needs to be done at Texas to change the entitled mentality of that football program. Whether it hurts my investment this week or not, it will definitely benefit the program down the road. That he has had to dismiss this many players from the team is telling as to the state of discipline and work ethic that Brown left the program in at his departure.

The guy that was dismissed on Tuesday, Kennedy Estelle, was reported to be in a rehab program but wasn't complying with it and thus the last straw for Strong. Estelle has more interest in a rap career, and the team had written him off awhile back and he wasn't going to be part of the plan. The feel around Austin is that the guys that are onboard with Strong are rallying and galvanizing around him. As mentioned earlier, I like that the team is playing its first true road game. Let them get away from here, especially with a crowd / environment that won't be a factor. I love that there's been a bye week, in multiple respects.

I feel good about playing Texas this weekend. Regardless of a cover or not, I could not be more thrilled with how Strong is handling things. Especially in light of the clusterfuck that Brown left him.

Gonna be a little harder to just line it up and get first downs pounding it on the road at a stadium named for the most handsome man alive.

Now That is funny.:rofl:

The guy that was dismissed on Tuesday, Kennedy Estelle, was reported to be in a rehab program but wasn't complying with it and thus the last straw for Strong. Estelle has more interest in a rap career, and the team had written him off awhile back and he wasn't going to be part of the plan. The feel around Austin is that the guys that are onboard with Strong are rallying and galvanizing around him. As mentioned earlier, I like that the team is playing its first true road game. Let them get away from here, especially with a crowd / environment that won't be a factor. I love that there's been a bye week, in multiple respects.

I feel good about playing Texas this weekend. Regardless of a cover or not, I could not be more thrilled with how Strong is handling things. Especially in light of the clusterfuck that Brown left him.

He has to win some games because there was a strong ( no pun intended ) contingent of Big $ alumni and boosters who thought he was a bad choice. I hope he gets it done.

Gonna be a little harder to just line it up and get first downs pounding it on the road at a stadium named for the most handsome man alive.

Now That is funny.:rofl:

Ya bad timing to pull that joke out but whatevs.

Move was beyond correct. Pace from both teams was miscapped. Thought with backup in that asu would play slower and run more. I was wrong. I thought UCLA might play slow with Hundley banged up as well. They played faster than in any game I watched this year. I did sort of think asu defense was atrocious but they are even worse than I thought. The backup for ASU played well for the most part. Too many big plays on the field in that game. My biggest fear going into the bet was the quality of the kickers. I didn't feel I would gain much on empty drives via missed FG's. Unfortunately the fear was the only thing I was right about. Add in a defensive td and special teams td ( not even to fourth qtr yet ) and any hope would be squashed .... add in two 80 yard td plays ... and well ... you start wondering if you have an under on a game that will hit a 100 points. I have a really bad feeling about this week.

Fantastic work as usual CC!!! I think we're on the same side on several games, so I would be remiss if I didn't wish you the very best of luck this weekend!!!

:shake:

Thanks freak.

Btw ... the ttech/okie lite and ucla/asu games embodied everything wrong with modern football.

Thanks freak.

Btw ... the ttech/okie lite and ucla/asu games embodied everything wrong with modern football.

I'm not sure who the announcers were in last night's UCLA/ASU game, but one of them gets the "Idiotic Comment of the Year" award. In the 4th quarter, after watching the most pathetic excuse for tackling I've ever witnesses in an American football game - that includes Pee Wee football - the announcer said Todd Graham "runs a tight ship." Apparently he wasn't watching the same game everyone else in the nation saw.

I'm not exaggerating when I say

Rice is a feel play for me and I think you have a case where one team had a misleading final to the negative ( sort of ) and one team had a misleading final to the positive. USM was outplayed by App St which I detailed above in post 3 ... despite App St being as inept as they possibly could be. Meanwhile, Rice played without Jackson most of the first half after he hurt his non-throwing shoulder which allowed ODU to build a lead when the backup was unable to make key plays. And Rice goes from facing one of the best QB's in college football who was making perfect passes all day long to facing a soph QB who is .... well .... not that good right now. Rice sitting 0-3 after the ODU loss will be very hungry and get a class drop here ... off of notre dame, tamu and odu offenses to what usm brings to the table. A loss here and Rice can forget about bowling this year most likely with a half decent team ... 0-4 with 8 left with one of those being Marshall would be a tall task. So I am pretty sure Rice comes with a top notch effort instead of what usm tends to face these days which are teams taking a week off mentally

Rice injury update here:

http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/...back-two-key-starters-from-injury/#26318101=0

Back