time to post my week 2 card so far

RetroVK

This claim is disputed
313 Oklahoma State -26.5 ( good through 28 ) loss
329 Utah State -10 -120 ( good through 11 )
359 Bowling Green -7 -120 ( good through 9.5 )
308 Kentucky -17 ( good through 17 )
375 Washington State +16 ( good through 14.5 )
343 Texas -6.5 ( good through 7 -105 ) loss
Western Kentucky +13 ( good through 11.5 ) loss
351 Arkansas State +13.5 ( good through 13 ) loss

wake forest at boston college under 48.5 10-24 WIN
Cincinnati -7 -120 ( good through 7 -120 ) loss
Oklahoma -20.5 ( good through 21 , sigh late ) loss
Utah state at air force under 60 ( good through 58 ) loss
duke at Memphis over 49.5 ( just bet it ) loss
Tulsa -10 ( good through 10 ) loss
buffalo +27.5 ( good through 27 ) loss
Arizona at unlv under 61 ( good through 60.5 ) loss

UCF -24 ( good through 24 ) 38-0 WIN

Thoughts may or may not follow. Ahhhh the freedom.

Obviously there are way better numbers on some of these available out there...just posting what is available at bc/bm this very second. Will post totals and any additions as week progresses. Good luck everyone.

Last edited:
Great to see you back posting your plays on here VK. Good luck this weekend, the card looks good so far.

You know VK is back when you see the "time to post" signature quote. GL on the season VK.

Opposite those last two, albeit at very different numbers. Pissed I didn't grab my Cats when it was 14ish.

Opposite those last two, albeit at very different numbers. Pissed I didn't grab my Cats when it was 14ish.

I have an auburn -6.5 ticket myself. But at this number I will take my shot the other way. And I have Kentucky under 14 as well.. but still like it through 17. Western Kentucky sure looked good against Kentucky and I don't think it was Kentucky playing bad either ( obviously since I am backing them laying a big number ). Huge upgrade at QB year over year for wky. Vols will just have to prove it to me.

Great to see you here posting plays VK. Good luck.

WKU has some serious speed. Like that pick.

Good stuff. I tailed your under on Miami-Marshall last week for a small play. Dankya.

Good stuff. I tailed your under on Miami-Marshall last week for a small play. Dankya.
Thought it was locked up at halftime and then the Marshall explosion .. and running it up with passes no less up a billion. I won't be standing in line to back many of their unders. First Miami TD set up on a quacking duck that I thought was getting intercepted but WR Scott just jumped over the top of the defender and made the catch. Miami Ohio showed they could do little on offense and while Marshall is improved on defense, they are still a defensively challenged team. I think Kentucky athletes just saw a team that is executing at a high level and will feast on Miami ohio here. After losing to WKU, Stoops would serve himself well to put this game out of reach of a fluke ending as well. They have Louisville, florida, at south Carolina and Alabama before catching Mississippi state at home in late October. I actually thought they looked decent during chunks of the wky game and a game under their belt should be all they need to get over the hump far enough to take care of Miami ohio. At some point you have to decide that the cradle of coaches would be better if Treadwell had never been hired.

Great to see you here posting plays VK. Good luck.

WKU has some serious speed. Like that pick.

Tennessee has a good box score against Austin Peay but that club was 2-9 last year and one of the wins was against a school that I didn't even know existed. But perhaps more telling about Austin Peay in regards to this game is that they played Western Kentucky last year.

[h=4]Team Stat Comparison[/h]
[TABLE="class: mod-data"]
<thead>[TR="class: team-color-strip"]
[TH="align: left"] [/TH]
[TH="align: left"]
PEAY[/TH]
[TH="align: left"]
WKU[/TH]
[/TR]
</thead><tbody>[TR="class: odd"]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]1st Downs[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]28[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: even"]
[TD="align: left"]3rd down efficiency
[/TD]
[TD]1-12[/TD]
[TD]6-9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]4th down efficiency
[/TD]
[TD]0-1[/TD]
[TD]0-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: odd"]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]Total Yards[/TD]
[TD]154[/TD]
[TD]596[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]Passing[/TD]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]352[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Comp-Att
[/TD]
[TD]2-11[/TD]
[TD]20-27[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Yards per pass
[/TD]
[TD]1.0[/TD]
[TD]13.0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]Rushing[/TD]
[TD]143[/TD]
[TD]244[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Rushing Attempts
[/TD]
[TD]37[/TD]
[TD]39[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Yards per rush
[/TD]
[TD]3.9[/TD]
[TD]6.3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]Penalties[/TD]
[TD]5-55[/TD]
[TD]8-89[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]Turnovers[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Fumbles lost
[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Interceptions thrown
[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]Possession[/TD]
[TD]27:07[/TD]
[TD]32:53[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Looking at the vols against the peay ... and looking at the gross rushing stats for Kentucky... have to think Tennessee takes a shot at the new DL of western Kentucky by feeding Neal. Kentucky had 32 rushes for 216 yards but a huge chunk of that came on three plays ( 49 , 50 and 33 ) ... so 29 rushes for just 84 yards over the bulk of the game ( granted some sacks skew ). And that new DL has a game under the belt now too.

Auburn gave up a whopping 4.9 ypc (101st ) last year and 5.2 ypc to a Washington state team that is no running juggernaut. Arkansas State averaged 5.0 ypc last year ( 25th ) and took care of business with their running game against the lesser last week. Aplin is gonna be missed obviously. Also, this is a big transition for the Auburn Defense game over game and Auburn is a bit banged up defensively. Since 2006, Auburn is 17-22 as a home favorite and that stretch includes their championship professional team. Out first downed and gained at home by Washington state last week as a dd favorite .. now a dd favorite again. I have Washington state 3.5 pts better than Arkansas state on a neutral right now so that this game is lined lower than Washington state means that market has made an adjustment ( obvious bad overadjustments at some places ) already based on the bad performance. That team just has to prove to me that they can beat a quality opponent in that type of fashion.

You have to like the motivational angles here too. I mean the Arkansas State players know Gus' system better than the Auburn players at this point. Gus left pre-bowl to take this job last year....... players for ark st should have a major chip on the shoulder for this game.

Glad to see you back where you belong Kyle. Thanks for all that you do around here.

Okie State looked like dog shit on Saturday, offensively they looked lost. Defensively they didn't look bad, but that might have been because Miss is just dogshit.

Like that Ark State angle. Miami O is just bad this year so I can fading them vs almost anyone. Good luck this year partner.

kyle I guess we see utsa a lil different. if u would take osu up to -28 then I basically understand ur line. how much difference on neutral would u have on south Alabama to utsa?

Like Bowling Green, Washington State and Texas. Others not sure.
GL on all.

Wow, had to double check to make sure I was seeing correctly when I saw a time to post thread. Great to have you back Kyle. GL on the season. I agree with a ton of your card, might be adding some of them to mine as well.

love the bgsu play. kent is a hot mess.

understanding the problems psu faces with depth, injuries, fatigue of a noon game and obrien pulling starters early, the emu line is falling into playable range imo. from 27.5 to 22.5 now. emu trailed howard 24-13 in the 3rd and scored 21 straight to win by 10. howard slightly outgained them and lost the to battle 2-1. hackenburg was as advertised and gave no impression he won't eventually be a great qb. this week he'll have a cleaner pocket and open wr's. psu's defense, while paper thin, can get after benz and cover in the secondary. halftime play might be a safer route here. any opinion on this one?

You have to like the motivational angles here too. I mean the Arkansas State players know Gus' system better than the Auburn players at this point. Gus left pre-bowl to take this job last year....... players for ark st should have a major chip on the shoulder for this game.

I see this differently. Malzahn knows the ASU squad inside and out, and I would think he would be more successful prepping for them than vice versa (it looks like most of the staff he had there last year is gone). Motivation always gets played up in these spots - see SDSU at Michigan with Hoke in '11 - and I'm not sure it always pans out when the former coach has a superior bunch and home field.

As for how Auburn looked against Wazzu, I certainly won't disagree that they should've probably lost that game - but I'm gonna make an assumption that we get a more crisp effort this time around. Perhaps they just aren't that good again this year, but I'm giving Malzahn the benefit of the doubt and anticipate they're a bit better than what we saw last Saturday.

Of course, this is all moot because playing the game at 13 is a whole different story...

I'm licking my chops waiting for a total in that Wky/Tenn game. Not sure there's a number high enough to keep me away.

Temple also has my attention this week.

Good luck VK

Expected to see UTEP here, but with the amount of frosh expected to play it could be dicey.
You have to think Davies will get a win somewhere.
Jones and Laufasa could help Showers , if you're to believe the Alamogordo news.

Good luck, good to see you posting.

thanks for welcome back all

adds

wake forest at boston college under 48.5
Cincinnati -7 -120 ( hate going against a big ras move but I made it 10 so I have to )
Oklahoma -20.5
Utah state at air force under 60
duke at Memphis over 49.5 ( made this considerably higher so it is my favorite total )
Tulsa -10
buffalo +27.5
Arizona at unlv under 61

Expected to see UTEP here, but with the amount of frosh expected to play it could be dicey.
You have to think Davies will get a win somewhere.
Jones and Laufasa could help Showers , if you're to believe the Alamogordo news.

Good luck, good to see you posting.

el paso montwood beat OP? oh snap

darn it Press...

knights_hanks.gif
Hanks (0-1, 0-1 Away) 28
eagles_andress.gif
Andress (1-0, 1-0 Home) 43

I like Ok St, hard to imagine them slow starting here and the D was impressive last week. UTSA had all summer to prep for option, much bigger challenge for them this week.

I also like Wast St, they were good to me last week and minus some of the turnovers, I liked what I saw. USC D will be much tougher for them to navigate though.

I'm intrigued by WKU.

Tend to agree with lindetrain about Gus knowing the strengths/weaknesses of the Ark St players for gameplanning. As much as Ark St players will have that chip on their shoulder, I've heard many post game comments from players who talk about how important it was for them to step up when facing their coache's former team (or in the pros, a player's former team). So I think Auburn players could have the approach of "we've got your back" mentality. Guessing on motivation and who's playing with something extra is always so tough.

Great to see your thread!

I like Ok St, hard to imagine them slow starting here and the D was impressive last week. UTSA had all summer to prep for option, much bigger challenge for them this week.

I also like Wast St, they were good to me last week and minus some of the turnovers, I liked what I saw. USC D will be much tougher for them to navigate though.

I'm intrigued by WKU.

Tend to agree with lindetrain about Gus knowing the strengths/weaknesses of the Ark St players for gameplanning. As much as Ark St players will have that chip on their shoulder, I've heard many post game comments from players who talk about how important it was for them to step up when facing their coache's former team (or in the pros, a player's former team). So I think Auburn players could have the approach of "we've got your back" mentality. Guessing on motivation and who's playing with something extra is always so tough.

Great to see your thread!

the good news is ... I personally don't give motivation much consideration anymore. While I agree that Gus knowing ark st is an advantage for him. ... they know exactly what he is trying to do as well.. at least at the player level. That is something other than motivation anyway. That is just preparation. Right now, based on the offseason and based on week 1, I think Gus is more concerned about getting his guys to understand and execute what he is trying to do more than anything else. I watched every snap of the first half of Auburns week 1 game and was not impressed... and I watched their spring game .. also not impressed. I also watched this club last year .. no one was impressed. I think they need to prove to me they can beat a quality opponent by two TD's before I would consider laying them.

One thing I gathered here... Remember how good Riverside used to be year in and year out, VK, even as one of the smaller schools? Boy, have they fallen.

And Irvin, back in our era...they were contenders every year. They've been at the bottom for quite a while now though.

Ya Irvin produced a few major college players as I recall. Hate seeing the F'ing Troopers with a higher pr than Hanks. Coronado still a "pretty boy" school?

Montwood had only been around a couple of years before I left town. I used to play in their half-court open gyms a lot as I lived out near Zaragosa.

Back