time to post my week 2 card so far

I wanna pop WKU bad, and I have a 13.5 there right now....dunno tho. Last week was the bacon it seems

Also related would be UK...I dont hink they are as bad as they showed last week either...this does seem like a game Stoops will throttle if given the chance

Ya Irvin produced a few major college players as I recall. Hate seeing the F'ing Troopers with a higher pr than Hanks. Coronado still a "pretty boy" school?

Nah, that's more Franklin now... I think.

Pretty cool that Montwood got the job done AT Permian... You see how my Cruces schools roll. LCHS defending state champs.

Montwood had only been around a couple of years before I left town. I used to play in their half-court open gyms a lot as I lived out near Zaragosa.

Ya when I was living with the ex in EP that I told you about that went to Hanks too, we lived right off Montwood just a couple blocks down the street from the school. Lots of money in that area, higher-ups from Fort Bliss in the district, etc. Eddie Britton, Texas Tech...wonder if he's still playing somewhere?

Oklahoma impressed me defensively, and Holgorsen's stuff isn't so magical anymore without Tayvon. And of course I'm SURE Stoops talked all offseason about giving up 350+ rush yds to a WR LY (Tayvon). Bodes well

I think wvu will be one of those teams that improves a ton over the course of the year but this seems a tall task for them early.

ADD

UCF -24 ( good through 24 )

Have a strong lean to the over Idaho at Wyoming but need to look into one or two things first. And I think barring a significant line move, injury/suspension or weather issue that this should be it.

VK - Talk to me about Texas. I am not high on Ash. I watched the NMSU game and Texas looked awful in the first half and were lucky to be up 14-7. If anything, the explosion in the second half was due to wearing NMSU down and lack of depth. Just curious if that play is purely based on BYU's lack of offense. Thanks as always for your input and great to see you posting.

Great to see you post VK!!! Didn't take your advice and grab that Wazzu +16 last week. I sat tight with my 1st half UNDER much to my chagrin.

:snorting:

We are definitely on the same page on some games this week, including your latest addition. I hope that's a good thing!!!

Best of luck this week VK!!!

:shake:

Mighty handsome card there VK

Great to have you back posting plays but always have enjoyed your insight. Feels weird saying welcome back bc you never really left. GL buddy

Good luck Vk, on a few with you...big card for you
I'm trying my best to pull the trigger on as many September games as possible since I always regret the games I pass on come November when there is no line value anymore.

Best value in November, Kyle, is the 29-degree sign at the Twin Peaks on Harmon ... make sure you enjoy 1 or 2 of those (and the views, of course!!).

Best value in November, Kyle, is the 29-degree sign at the Twin Peaks on Harmon ... make sure you enjoy 1 or 2 of those (and the views, of course!!).

ya .. doubt they are as overstaffed as when we were there but bet it is still nice.

[TABLE="width: 336"]
<colgroup><col width="64" style="width: 48pt;" span="7"> <tbody>[TR]
[TD="width: 64, bgcolor: transparent"]Game[/TD]
[TD="width: 64, bgcolor: transparent"][/TD]
[TD="width: 64, bgcolor: transparent"][/TD]
[TD="width: 64, bgcolor: transparent"]pts [/TD]
[TD="width: 64, bgcolor: transparent"]cum pts[/TD]
[TD="width: 64, bgcolor: transparent"]juice[/TD]
[TD="width: 64, bgcolor: transparent"]key?[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 3"]313 Oklahoma State -26.5 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: right"]0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 2"]329 Utah State -10 -120[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: right"]-0.5[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]minus[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 3"]359 Bowling Green -7 -120 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: right"]-20[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 2"]308 Kentucky -17 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: right"]0.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 3"]375 Washington State +16 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 2"]343 Texas -6.5 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]plus[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 3"]361 Western Kentucky +13 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 3"]351 Arkansas State +13.5 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: right"]3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 3"]303/304 wake at bc under 48.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 2"]321 Cincinnati -7 -120 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: right"]1[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: right"]4[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: right"]-10[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]plus[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 2"]324 Oklahoma -20.5 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: right"]4.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 3"]329/330 Utah state at air force under 60 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: right"]1[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: right"]5.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 3"]335/336 duke at Memphis over 49.5 ( just bet it )[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: right"]3.5[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: right"]9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 2"]350 Tulsa -10 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: right"]9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 2"]357 buffalo +27.5 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: right"]9.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 3"]377/378 Arizona at unlv under 61 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 2"]483 UCF -24 [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Won't have time tomorrow to do the regularly scheduled vs the close thread so I just posted above. Will be on late night friday with some small blurbs for the reasoning for these. Thanks everyone who was nice to me in here..

They threw 108 passes or something like that, the last time that bc played wake. I suppose a repeat of that gameplan by both teams is the big concern. That game only had 42 points but the yardage was significant.

They threw 108 passes or something like that, the last time that bc played wake. I suppose a repeat of that gameplan by both teams is the big concern. That game only had 42 points but the yardage was significant.

Well vs Presbeterian last week QB Price ran 14 times, which is I think is notable because 1) vs the overmatched team you wouldn't figure they would need to run him that much and 2) last season he typically only ran 6-7 times (12 was his most attempts). This and with Addazzio and RB Williams I believe they are going to run him a bunch. I'm not a good totals player, but I'd guess that both teams will run the ball considerably more than last year. Williams only got 4 attempts last year, injured? And Price only ran 4x vs BC last year.

quick hitter on why I like Oklahoma State

The first and most obvious is the incredible difference in both opponent quality and style for UTSA. Week 1 opener at UNM where they are running option offense to week 2 against the spread attack ( slightly more qb running? ) of Oklahoma State. Okie lite started slow against Mississippi State but seemed to have the light turn on at halftime in that game where they just dominated. The Cowboys have Lamar on deck so there is no look ahead factor to be concerned with. We have a coach in Gundy who is not afraid to run it up as well. We have a qb who will enter the game late who Gundy will want to get TD's because he is basically gonna go Walsh most of the way the rest of the year ( my guess ). We have a UTSA pass defense that was untested last week because of option and gave up 8.3 yards per attempt last year against the pass ( 113th ). They faced four quality spread attacks last year in Rice, sjsu, Utah state and latech. In those games they gave up 34, 52, 48 and 51 respectively in those games. They lost by 20 or more in all four and the okie lite 2013 defense is superior to all of the ones UTSA faced the entirety of last year. Little reason that Okie lite doesn't get up early and if utsa starts throwing for catch up then it gets that much uglier that much faster and if they do not .. well let's face it .. they can't run the ball here if mississippi state could not. They have no answer for the speed .... backdoor against backups is probably the big concern here but without fearing disinterest too much ... has to be played. PR was much higher as well.

Quick hitter on why I like Utah State and the under...

Air Force lost their starting QB Pearson to a knee injury in week one against Colgate. While I really like Awini going forward this is a bigger challenge for him to run the option against than Colgate was obviously. Utah State was 13th in the nation defending the run last year and while they can be had in the secondary at times this seems like a tall task to ask of Awini in his first start. While there are some differences between the read option and the option attack of afa, the aggies should be well schooled in the principles involved and be able to defend. When you flip to the other side of the ball you are far from a newbie at qb... you have Chuckie Keeton who is just a flat out baller at the position. Colgate ( a decent fcs team out of the patriot league ) moved the ball with some success on afa, garnering 19 first downs ... .. Utah state had something incredible ... like 21 first downs in the first half of the Utah game ... a game they should have won. Their offensive line is VERY good and afa is tiny along the defensive front. I think we see afa use ball control and both teams will be running ... so I like the under for that reason .. and while I think Utah State pummels them a little up front .. afa has a decent defense that will compete for 60 minutes. If Awini can come in and make big plays with his arm ( eventually he might be ok at that btw ) then so be it. Utah State off the loss in a game they played well making conference debut should be more than motivated to get this win. I see a game similar to Rice in the bowl game. I should note that this particular game does not have a wide variance in my pr .. I just like the matchup and like Utah state off the loss compared to if they had beaten Utah.

quick hitter on why I like texas ....

BYU had to prepare for UVA and Texas had nmsu. Clearly Texas a bit disinterested early and were not executing well. The thing is ... UVA DL dominated the BYU offensive line. Cougars are thin along that oline, their JC signees didn't pan out and they have guys playing out of position. The result is poor blocking and confusion while trying to run a new uptempo offense. Then you have an inaccurate passer who doesn't always value the football in Taysom Hill. On paper, the Texas DL is a bit better than what BYU saw out of uva and should be in the backfield a lot. Hill was 13 of 40 against UVA ... highly unlikely he could be THAT bad again but there is too much for BYU to fix here and the up tempo favors the Texas depth. BYU will play better at home, they will certainly play hard ... but this is a step up in opponent and I don't think their issues ( oline and qb ) can be fixed in a week against an opponent this good. There was also talk of lack of speed after the uva game ... now that was played in some wetness for awhile but if they look slow against uva. .........

quick hitter ( repost ) on Kentucky ...

First Miami TD against Marshall set up on a quacking duck that I thought was getting intercepted but WR Scott just jumped over the top of the defender and made the catch. Miami Ohio showed they could do little on offense and while Marshall is improved on defense, they are still a defensively challenged team. I think Kentucky athletes just saw a team that is executing at a high level and will feast on Miami ohio here. After losing to WKU, Stoops would serve himself well to put this game out of reach of a fluke ending as well. They have Louisville, florida, at south Carolina and Alabama before catching Mississippi state at home in late October. I actually thought they looked decent during chunks of the wky game and a game under their belt should be all they need to get over the hump far enough to take care of Miami ohio. At some point you have to decide that the cradle of coaches would be better if Treadwell had never been hired.

quick hitter ( repost ) on Kentucky ...

First Miami TD against Marshall set up on a quacking duck that I thought was getting intercepted but WR Scott just jumped over the top of the defender and made the catch. Miami Ohio showed they could do little on offense and while Marshall is improved on defense, they are still a defensively challenged team. I think Kentucky athletes just saw a team that is executing at a high level and will feast on Miami ohio here. After losing to WKU, Stoops would serve himself well to put this game out of reach of a fluke ending as well. They have Louisville, florida, at south Carolina and Alabama before catching Mississippi state at home in late October. I actually thought they looked decent during chunks of the wky game and a game under their belt should be all they need to get over the hump far enough to take care of Miami ohio. At some point you have to decide that the cradle of coaches would be better if Treadwell had never been hired.
:shake:

you hurt me:crying:...buy me a beer in vegas

GL tomorrow vk......jfc, i had to jump on texas with you....drukn and lovin it........

313 Oklahoma State -26.5 ( good through 28 )
329 Utah State -10 -120 ( good through 11 )
359 Bowling Green -7 -120 ( good through 9.5 )
308 Kentucky -17 ( good through 17 )
375 Washington State +16 ( good through 14.5 )
343 Texas -6.5 ( good through 7 -105 )
361 Western Kentucky +13 ( good through 11.5 )
351 Arkansas State +13.5 ( good through 13 )
wake forest at boston college under 48.5 10-24 WIN
Cincinnati -7 -120 ( good through 7 -120 )
Oklahoma -20.5 ( good through 21 , sigh late )
Utah state at air force under 60 ( good through 58 )
duke at Memphis over 49.5 ( just bet it )
Tulsa -10 ( good through 10 )
buffalo +27.5 ( good through 27 )
Arizona at unlv under 61 ( good through 60.5 )
UCF -24 ( good through 24 ) 38-0 WIN

Thoughts may or may not follow. Ahhhh the freedom.

Obviously there are way better numbers on some of these available out there...just posting what is available at bc/bm this very second. Will post totals and any additions as week progresses. Good luck everyone.

It's great to have you posting plays , VK And I like a lot of them. Best of Luck

Back