2h ndame/navy under 28.5 30-23
2h usm/utep under 24.5 30-24

2h zona/ucla under 33.5 31-24
2h cal/osu over 32.5 32-24
2h wyo/fresno under 30 lol 32-25
2h Utah/asu under 26 33-25
2h Utah state/Hawaii over 23.5 33-26

Last edited:
I would like to thank ole Miss and LSU for playing Men's football yesterday. That was as enjoyable a game as I have seen all year. Seeing first downs that matter and are earned, points that are earned, tackling, hitting, scheming, adjusting, caring, hard nosed blocking .... it was a throwback and I really enjoyed it. Shame the coach for ole miss was a moron on the one hand but LSU was certainly the better team. I was impressed by them. Say what you want about Les Miles and his clock management and late game decisions ( and you should because he has done some amazingly stupid things ), but outside of those things, he is one hell of a football coach.

Basically it is Tevin Coleman +8 right? The backups are terrible..but so is Mich..I might be joining you on that one..gl vk.

Really hope you are right on my Cats as it'd bring me great joy to win this one. Got Mizzou u9.5 wins for one (which strangely isn't locked up already), need one more win for UK bowl eligibility, and haven't seen my boys win an SEC road game in five years. It'll be relatively difficult to keep myself composed while that game is on at work.

Ncsu hasn't won a conference game since Nov of 2012. On principle I would leave it alone, but if you see it differently, well, VK shake to ya, sir.

Other games look solid (on paper) as usual.

I would like to thank ole Miss and LSU for playing Men's football yesterday. That was as enjoyable a game as I have seen all year. Seeing first downs that matter and are earned, points that are earned, tackling, hitting, scheming, adjusting, caring, hard nosed blocking .... it was a throwback and I really enjoyed it. Shame the coach for ole miss was a moron on the one hand but LSU was certainly the better team. I was impressed by them. Say what you want about Les Miles and his clock management and late game decisions ( and you should because he has done some amazingly stupid things ), but outside of those things, he is one hell of a football coach.

I agree. Only things that would have made it better would have been playing the game on Halloween weekend, as God intended, and having it end 7-3 just like the game in '59.

I like the following:

Indiana +8
utep -5
Tamu -31
terps +3

Will play TAMU big.

Basically it is Tevin Coleman +8 right? The backups are terrible..but so is Mich..I might be joining you on that one..gl vk.

He is leading the nation in rushing after all. Michigan scoring since the opener ... 0, 34 Mia oh, 10, 14, 24, 18 I cashed with them wheee, 11. That makes laying over a TD mighty tough. Heck .. Indiana could backdoor easily enough anyway. Granted the Indiana defense is horrid. But isn't this a horrible spot? Michigan off a loss to their rival in their line in the sand game. They wont be bowl eligible this year and Indiana off a bye with an easier schedule in front of them. Michigan kids have shown a lot of heart after the heartbreak loss to Rutgers, the big win against penn state and then at least competing with Michigan state most of the game .. just think it seems like a hard game to get up for. Meanwhile, I think I was a junior in high school the last time Indiana beat Michigan and they must think they can here.

Really hope you are right on my Cats as it'd bring me great joy to win this one. Got Mizzou u9.5 wins for one (which strangely isn't locked up already), need one more win for UK bowl eligibility, and haven't seen my boys win an SEC road game in five years. It'll be relatively difficult to keep myself composed while that game is on at work.

Quite frankly I have a hard time passing up on the better team plus a TD. A little worried UK is beat up after two physical opponents but the Mizz offense is in shambles right now and shouldn't be laying this number to the cats. I currently have uk power rated higher than Missouri. FWIW .. which is about the cost of a burning ticket I would imagine.

Ncsu hasn't won a conference game since Nov of 2012. On principle I would leave it alone, but if you see it differently, well, VK shake to ya, sir.

Other games look solid (on paper) as usual.

On the bright side, they wouldn't have to win to cash. Finding it hard to back them because I didn't pull the trigger and doubt I see 6 .... so I will look at it some more over the course of the week. On an ncsu note ... a lot of people around here laughed at me when I said Mike Glennon would be a starter on Sundays in the NFL when he was a young buck at NCST. So I have been sort of a fan of him at Tampa .. was sad to see the ot loss there today.

I like the following:

Indiana +8
utep -5
Tamu -31
terps +3

Will play TAMU big.

Miners are balling right now. Need the game for bowl eligibility down the line too. Tough travel for USM if locals have bought in on the border. Serve them some chicos tacos and forget about it.

TAMU is just a situation where I think they need to get well. Offense is too good to be held back and the ulm offense is just completely incapable of taking advantage of any defense. Demoralizing loss last week for ulm too.

Terps is a pr play. I worry their oline gets dominated like it has vs competition all year but I think psu can be had in the secondary for the terps, I think psu will have a hard time concentrating this week ( though shouldn't doubt Franklin much ) after the overtime wars with tosu. Just have a hard time believing psu is equal to Maryland right now. Should be a good week of practice for the terps too.

Have some interest in ohio state as I think CUM was pretty upset with how they played last week and Illinois just lays egg after egg on the road.

Remember a few weeks ago that I stated I would shave my head if Miami florida lost to duke ... Pitt .. you are up to bat.

Tulsa is the most speculative of the group but explain the line to me ..... -23.5 or whatever it closed at against smu and 21.5 against Tulsa off a bye? I think Tulsa can have some success throwing the ball in that game.

Thank you for saying that. I said the same thing in a in game about that type of game and a few guys basically called me retarded and that the game was trash...pretty funny with NFL talent all over that field. I guess some people like different brands, but that was a gritty ass game.

I agree. Only things that would have made it better would have been playing the game on Halloween weekend, as God intended, and having it end 7-3 just like the game in '59.

:shake:

It was throwback....and it was awesome

Yeah, I'm an LSU fan, but that really didn't matter in terms of just enjoying the game. I was sad to see it end. I'm not surprised the Tigers won, but am surprised that they looked like the better team for most of the night. I, of course, picked the wrong game to go to. Will get to watch Bama win in BR in 12 days.

Love, love, love Pitt. Will be there, in the snow, as my nephew plays for the Devils.

Love Northwestern and UTEP.

Like IU, Cincy, TCU, TAMU and UK. Feels like a good week. Gl to you.

Sat there and looked at Indiana +9 and couldn't bring myself to play it for some reason. Seems like the right play though. GL VK.

Thank you for saying that. I said the same thing in a in game about that type of game and a few guys basically called me retarded and that the game was trash...pretty funny with NFL talent all over that field. I guess some people like different brands, but that was a gritty ass game.

I think you basically said it with liking differing styles. To me ... the new rules football is garbage. When a team scores a td it isn't a big deal anymore .. ho hum tcu scored again while I was typing that sentence .... I like the games where the points feel like you have accomplished something. I think that younger generations grew up playing madden and the game is just fine for them.

I just have a problem with a team up a point with four minutes to go and performing an onside kick and that decision being the correct one. If you are playing Baylor ... most teams should be going for every fourth down and kicking onside almost every time. The balance of the game is just severely warped. Others might say it has evolved to something better ... to each their own.

As for the nfl talent .. I agree ... but the nfl game is trash now too. I don't even watch it ( As a Raiders fan they make it that much easier for me to tune out ).

Anyway .. I thought that game, the psu tosu game .. even the mich/mich st game were fun to watch ... I cant watch cal-Oregon, tcu-texas tech .... it's just pathetic to watch.

Yeah, I'm an LSU fan, but that really didn't matter in terms of just enjoying the game. I was sad to see it end. I'm not surprised the Tigers won, but am surprised that they looked like the better team for most of the night. I, of course, picked the wrong game to go to. Will get to watch Bama win in BR in 12 days.

Love, love, love Pitt. Will be there, in the snow, as my nephew plays for the Devils.

Love Northwestern and UTEP.

Like IU, Cincy, TCU, TAMU and UK. Feels like a good week. Gl to you.

A lot of situational plays in there. Looks like I should have waited on Tulsa but I mostly got value. knock on wood, I need a good week.

I think you basically said it with liking differing styles. To me ... the new rules football is garbage. When a team scores a td it isn't a big deal anymore .. ho hum tcu scored again while I was typing that sentence .... I like the games where the points feel like you have accomplished something. I think that younger generations grew up playing madden and the game is just fine for them.

I just have a problem with a team up a point with four minutes to go and performing an onside kick and that decision being the correct one. If you are playing Baylor ... most teams should be going for every fourth down and kicking onside almost every time. The balance of the game is just severely warped. Others might say it has evolved to something better ... to each their own.

As for the nfl talent .. I agree ... but the nfl game is trash now too. I don't even watch it ( As a Raiders fan they make it that much easier for me to tune out ).

Anyway .. I thought that game, the psu tosu game .. even the mich/mich st game were fun to watch ... I cant watch cal-Oregon, tcu-texas tech .... it's just pathetic to watch.
Agree with the last sentence/section. My main thing is for someone to call THAT particular game garbage; well, I just have no words.

As for the NFL, yea. Especially this year. The flags are out of control. The ATL/DET game was about as bad officiated as I have seen...delays not called, PIs both ways..yuck. Also I am not sure how, but the rule for kicking FGs and the team kicking can have a penalty on them yet kick again....eh, not sure what to do but it didnt feel right that Prater got a practice swing essentially...

And it is different strokes for different folks, but LSU/Piss was gritty defense. Total shit was Tulane/UCONN....BIG difference

Ya .. I assume most folks can distinguish between good defense and bad offense ... I really don't think there is an excuse for bad offense anymore. period. If you cant score with these rules ....

Gl this week sir. Beathard is healthy this week and will get several series btw. Schereff embarrassed last game. Don't see that happening again vs this defense. Ferentz and little Norm off a bye is usually cash.. Just sayin

Gl this week sir. Beathard is healthy this week and will get several series btw. Schereff embarrassed last game. Don't see that happening again vs this defense. Ferentz and little Norm off a bye is usually cash.. Just sayin

Ya .. but nwestern has some other situational edges and always seem to give iowa trouble even when iowa is much the best, which they aren't this year. Hard to see a ton of pts .. likely a one possession game .. I will take the pts.

#307/308 Tulsa/Memphis over 61
#317/318 UCF/UConn over 39
#321/322 ncsu/cuse over 50.5
#371/372 uva/gt under 56
#379/380 rice/fiu under51
#397/398 usm/utep under 59

VK - Interested in your thoughts on USM/UTEP under. I see UTEP no. 1 in opponent's plays per game at 57.9 but only 125th in pp at 6.7. Mullens questionable with the foot injury for USM but Weeks played well vs. LAT. USM defense not good and UTEP prefers the running game. Do you see UTEP dominating TOP here and being able to sustain drives with the running game and limit USM opportunities and plays? I don't know if I can trust either of these defenses.

VK - Interested in your thoughts on USM/UTEP under. I see UTEP no. 1 in opponent's plays per game at 57.9 but only 125th in pp at 6.7. Mullens questionable with the foot injury for USM but Weeks played well vs. LAT. USM defense not good and UTEP prefers the running game. Do you see UTEP dominating TOP here and being able to sustain drives with the running game and limit USM opportunities and plays? I don't know if I can trust either of these defenses.

Neither team can complete forward passes. UTEP largely because they don't try. They are running for over 200 and usm is giving up over 200 so I think the miners run successfully on them. I have a utep minus the number ticket so it obviously isn't that I don't think UTEP will score. And you have hit on the major point of the play. UTEP is the only team in the nation that has defended less than 400 plays this year (397). Their running success should mean they control the clock again. Their time per play is about a full second slower than the next closest team in cfb right now. USM is averaging 5.17 yards per play at a pretty average pace of play and they only average 6.7 yards per pass attempt. Utep coming off of a pretty impressive pass defense performance and I think they can contain usm who already has to work down the field to score. I think Weeks is probably better than a banged up Mullens .. don't care for either anyway. Team has 11 td passes so far and 11 interceptions. I don't fear them and they will have to score on a high number of possessions to hit mid twenties. tick tick tick ... game rates to have a lot of third downs when usm is on the field and they are 94th in converting them and utep is 16th in preventing them. So unless the game completely bucks the trends, USM is not getting big plays out of their passing game, they methodically move the ball down the field with their passing when it is working and I just think that the third down conversions buck them a little. Also ... not sure usm rush defense is so bad that utep just gashes them all day long. Some of their bad rushing d stats are because they played a bunch of offenses in the top 40 in rushing .. bama, miss st, rice, appy st, and mtsu ....

Unreal I go to play it and the under gets fucking hammered across the board and I get changed at submit fml....

Thoughts on Michigan Indiana total?

Seems about right to me. Usually teams off the bye find some things that work offensively but I read Indiana didn't start prepping for Michigan until this week as they were focusing on fundamentals and trying to get their QB to a playable level. Assuming Diamont is the starter again ... he had negative 1 yards of total offense in his first start against MSU ... every game Indiana has played this year vs fbs competition reached 52 pts or more so hard to back an under involving them though in the low fifties... and I see Michigan and their defense having a hard time getting up for this game given recent schedule and results. Very hard to gage the total and the game for that matter. I like all of the situational aspects of the spot and need for Indiana vs. the disappointment and uninspiring opponent for Michigan. I had Michigan against psu and msu against Michigan and sort of feel like I have their team figured out a little bit. Michigan with the 16th rated rush defense so if you don't think Indiana can coach the qb ( whoever it may be ... cough cough ) position up over the past two weeks then you have to consider the under I suppose. Counting on the backup qb situation to pan out for pts and Michigan's offense to pan out for pts isn't how I want to make a living on overs ... yet my instinct tells me it is a game where only one team will care that much and those games often end up over the total. That is a long winded way of saying what my first sentence said which is "seems about right to me".

BOL Kyle. I feel pretty confident in the Aztecs this weekend

I know they get Ezell Ruffin back who broke his collarbone after a 59 yard catch against UNC in their second game of the year .. line has moved down while the over ticked up ever so slightly so I also wonder if the QB has gotten healthier to the point he can be his old self again. Better team catching points is something I am a general sucker for.

USM did well stopping Dixon and the LT run game last wk. I'm on USM like every wk it seems. They're still being treated like they're an 0-12 team. I was actually impressed by them early in the year when they played Bama. Night and day from that 0-12 team.

By all accounts, Kaehler is feeling much better, or should I say, feeling a lot less pain in his shoulder. Still not 100 percent, but with Ruffin back, I would expect their offense to resemble something more closely to what we saw v UNC.

I too have been on USM two straight weeks and have gotten the cash both weeks; this week seems like a bad spot for them, though, and El Paso is never a fun place to go no matter the circumstances.

Hey CC: Rapist sighting at Staples last night; I have nothing for the Lakers and hope that asshole goes out the way he deserves to go out. That said, I was totally bummed to see Randle go down the way he did.

I know they get Ezell Ruffin back who broke his collarbone after a 59 yard catch against UNC in their second game of the year .. line has moved down while the over ticked up ever so slightly so I also wonder if the QB has gotten healthier to the point he can be his old self again. Better team catching points is something I am a general sucker for.

Ruffin's back, Kaehler should be 100%, LB Largent should finally be 100%. Even get back their best defensively player in LB Fely (although I don't expect him to make too much of an impact bc he hasnt played in over a year). Interesting stat, although off a limited sample size: SDSU passing offense w/ Ruffin averaged 280 yd/game, without Ruffin averaged 130 yd/game. Most likely b/c he takes a lot of attention and helps free up the other young/raw WR's.

Horses: Good to see another SDSU follower around here. Good stuff

I'I really want to bet the under in that one..

Will indy have any success?

I'I really want to bet the under in that one..

Will indy have any success?

Not if the wolverines defense plays the way it has most of the year. I don't think they will though, so I think Indiana hits low to mid twenties. All depends on the qb spot for Indiana as far as their upside. I can make more good pts for the over than the under but instinctually I prefer the over for some reason.

seems a lot to ask both of these teams to score 4 TDs which is about what you need. I could see 20-17 or 35-31 though. I played under, but not in love with it.

Back