Time to play "rate my team"

KowboyKarl

Live. Breathe. Blue.
Just finished up this draft. Yahoo standard scoring. 10 teams... 10th pick. Really like this squad.

QB - Vick (90)
WR- Megatron (11)
WR - Roddy (30)
WR - V-Jax (31)
RB - T-Rich (10)
RB - Run-DMC (50)
TE - Gronk (51)
K - Bullock (150)
DEF- Steelers (130)

BEN - Mathews (70)
BEN - Bradshaw (71)
BEN - Thompkins (91)
BEN - Ivory (110)
BEN - Ballard (111)
BEN - Cutler (131)

I think you took some gambles... Vick obviously a gamble, Run DMC as well..

Probably could use some WR depth. What you going to do with TE the first two weeks?

You're right, I definitely took some gambles...

I'm very high on Vick, love the new offense and just hope he stays healthy. If he does he's easily a top 5 QB and I stole him with the 90th pick.

WRs...absolutely loaded. According to ESPN rankings I've got the #1, #7, and #8 WRs. Easily the top WR corps in this league. Then, I was able to snag Thompkins in the 10th round. Another absolute steal considering he could be Brady's new favorite target.

RBs...very pleased with T-Rich at #10. Yes, my RBs suffered a bit since I did go with Mega in the 2nd round but I simply could not pass him up there. Then, in the 3rd/4th rounds I felt the best value was with the WRs and put it in my mind to stockpile RBs in the mid/late rounds. So, that's what I did...everybody low on DMC and Mathews, had to gamble on each of them, but, where I got them I'm pretty pleased. Everybody down on both those guys... I've seen countless times in ff when everybody is down on guys and they prove everybody wrong. The potential is there, no doubt. The addition of Fluker should no doubt help Mathews, could be the year he finally shows us something. Really like my Bradshaw/Ballard combo, think one of those two emerges as a solid RB2 this year. So I'm really looking for 1 of 5 RBs to solidify themselves as T-Rich's partner in my starting lineup.

TE...yep, first couple weeks will probably pickup either Myers or Sudfeld, who are both available. Sudfeld would obviously make perfect sense while Gronk is out.

pick up his handcuff and see if he's worried about wilson third down then...wilson was in a grand total of six pass attempts last year...his pass pro is a big question mark.

Haha... I'm seeing Cox, Scott, or Torain or maybe even a free agent.

"While Brown's timetable to return might be best ballparked at 8 weeks (maybe he plays later this year), there is no immediate backup/handcuff for Wilson, a positive for his Fantasy status. Rookie Michael Cox and veteran Da'Rel Scott are physical backs on the roster but neither have experience nor great ability to fully take Brown's role. Cox averaged less than 4.0 yards per carry last year at UMass. It is believed the Giants will consider other options including but not limited to current veteran free agents."

Scott is getting cut. I guess they could go McGahee. But I don't think they are signing a guy like Michael Turner over Cox.

you really need to figure out how to get a little more depth @ WR... aside from three bye weeks you're betting on all three WRs to work out...I like drafting 5-6 in order to hit on someone that can fill in for an injured or underproducing WR1-3 along the way....thin teams win championships when everything works out...but if you're looking for more consistency you really need to pick up a WR...

10 team leagues, there are deff a few guys on the wire worth taking a look at...

with your RB strength...you do NOT need Ballard AND Ivory...maybe you can made a trade for someone stacked @ WR and weak at RB

I have Kenbrell Thompkins on the bench as well, Ivy...and I like him enough that I'd feel comfortable starting him. Agreed, there are always WRs that come out of nowhere and can easily be had on the waiver wire, that's why I didn't go after another WR. I think 4 WRs is enough for now. Wanted to stockpile as many RBs with potential as possible.

Ok, so in my quest for David Wilson I offered V-Jax. Trade was rejected.

I have now sent another offer for David Wilson, this time giving up Roddy.

I also picked up Zach Sudfeld and dropped Cutler. Sudfeld will start for me until Gronk gets on the field.

Back