Thursday Plays

JPicks

Pretty much a regular
YTD 67-41 29.43 Units 62.0%
Yesterday 4-1 2.92 Units

Well I bought the Mavs at -8 (+100) yesterday evening, but I'm not sure if I'll actually keep it. The three game road trip that follows this game might be the most difficult trip that the Mavericks will have all year. At SA, at lakers, at Jazz. Not sure where the Mavs concentration will be, but I'm sure they want to continue this winning streak into the road trip. I'd love this bet any other day of the week, but the road trip is really bothering me. Might take a first half position and sell back the full game wager. I'll update later.

Tons of other stuff that I could see myself playing before the days over.

Hornets getting 8 at home to a team without Billups and a struggling Wallace. Eventually Hamilton is going to start wearing down as well if he's required to score 38 a game. This wouldn't be the game however as the Pistons are off rest. The farther down this O/U goes the more interested I am. I really see value in any O/U below 180 in today's NBA.

No interest at all in the Mavs/Pacers O/U.

Late game is an intersting one for sure. I personally think the O/U is high on this game, but I don't know that I have the balls to play the under. 6 of 8 games in the series have gone over including the last 4 in arco. Makes me lose some interest in the total unless it really runs to 210 or something. As far as the game goes I'd lean Lakers. Who exactly have the Kings beaten recently to get the respect to be a 5 point favorite? Sixers, Warriors, loss to the Clippers, the Knicks. Lakers off a relatively decent road trip. I'll most likely take the 5 points and expect a one possession game in the end.

Going to play around with the ingame betting tonight as well. I think there is an easy way to make money playing in-game and I'm going to find out just how hard/easy it is. I'll be playing with small, small amounts of money just in case it's not easy at all. BOL to all. I'll post my plays later. This took about an hour to write with only one hand so I wouldn't expect anything long winded again.

Well that didn't take long. Dallas is moving back to 8 from 9 so I sold it back to +8 (+105). Not going to be in my records though as I never really listed as a play. Still looking at a first half position.

Good luck J I am huge LA Laker homer the only thing that really scares me is our injuries its gonna be A. Bynum starting at center with Turiaf coming off the bench. I agree with you that its a lot of points to give a good laker team that has been playing really well. and like you said what the hell has sac town done to be a 5 pt favorite to anyone let alone one of the best teams in the NBA today. I think people are going to be making a big deal out of the Kwame Brown injurie but I think Bynum will do well and get around the same numbers that Kwame would normally get anyway!! Good luck I think I am leaning towards the Lakers myself!!!

The one armed bandit!

Good stuff...sound abit like me....

Just waiting till later to get into the NBA..

i was suprised to see the line so high. I had it at -2 or so..
Lakers have been off for a while and are rested. Artest is good and all but he cant guard kobe. This will come down to the last shot hopefully.

Action -- ya i don't see the loss of kwame being huge against the kings as the don't really have any bigs that scare me. also a reason to think the over has a better shot if both teams go to small lineups.

troutman-- just a little fall on a some ice. a similar injury to something my grandma would do. :) i wish there was a better story, but that's it.

sportsnut -- i'd be lying if i didn't say i follow your style a bit after the years of reading your stuff on covers. i was around for awhile, but didn't really like the enviroment. quite enjoyable posting here.

djfadeaway with the usual good luck. gl to you as well.

abcs -- i agree, but the line is running and there must be plent of people who do think the kings are worthy of being big favorites. i certainly don't see it though. migh just wait for an in-game bet and hope i can get something attractive.

Friday Play -- Bucks -3.5 (-104) Cavs on the road (3rd of a 4 in 5) only laying 3 to a team that's is 7-0 su and 6-1 ats at home and is also 9-1 ats last 10. Best thing about it is that the Bucks 1 non cover was against the Cavs. Think this will be a nice spot for them.

yeah they did well with this place...still mulling over this card...

Well they say immatation is the greatest form of flattery. I was really only kidding around but Thanks...

SportsNut said:
yeah they did well with this place...still mulling over this card...

Well they say immatation is the greatest form of flattery. I was really only kidding around but Thanks...

agreed and I have no problem giving props when they are deserved.

More friday plays...i'll get back to thursday eventually..card completely blows..

Minny/Philly O 188 (-103) Minny is in a very similar situation, albeit a less extent, that is similar to the Memphis Grizzlies. They've seemed to changed their style and have been playing a more uptempo game lately. Look at their last 10 games and you'll see their 8-2 O/U and while there are some bad defensive teams, Milwaukee, there are also some good defensive teams, SA and Chicago. Philly on their last game on the road and they've been playing better of late. They looked good against the Jazz last night, but were simply overmatched. I expect a 101-93 kind of game. Thought this line should have been closer to 192.

GL JP. Not a lot appealing to me. Sac-Lakers could be 110-100 or 90-90, Dallas-Indy 102-95 or 89-76. See better stuff tomorrow frankly.

just not a good card today, i do like the bucks play a lot for tomorrow. hopefully it wont go up too quickly. I have quite a few CBB plays and would rather wait for those to finish to lock that one in.

renew orleans said:
just not a good card today, i do like the bucks play a lot for tomorrow. hopefully it wont go up too quickly. I have quite a few CBB plays and would rather wait for those to finish to lock that one in.

ya it's certainly going up, but i'm sure it'll be at -4 for the long run

Well I finally found something to play. Such torture. If I had any other options of things to do today I would have done them, but the first day I have/get to miss work I'm stuck looking at this card all day.

Hornets/Pistons 1st Half O 89 (+101)

Mavericks -5 1st Half (-105) (edited this in instead of bumping the thread to the top)

Last edited:
Seriously that was the luckiest, most undeserved win of the season. Must be a gift for the broken wrist. Oh well, a win is a win I suppose.

Killa said:
Best NBA capper on this site. :bow:

Come on dude. You know that shit ain't true. Thanks though.

I'm just way to bored this evening. Need to find a way to get away from my computer. Keep that in mind when evaluating these plays.

ADD:

Lakers/Kings U 53.5 (+105) 1st Qtr

Well that'll put the wraps on a dissapointing evening. Knew I should have just watched tonight. Tomorrow looks promising.

Recap for myself.

2-1 1.01 Units

Well I already wrote up the Lakers 1st qtr as a loss, but lady lucky was on my side yet again. Great scoring drought during the last 4:40. Ill leave the other stuff up there for comical value.

abcs said:
i was suprised to see the line so high. I had it at -2 or so..
Lakers have been off for a while and are rested. Artest is good and all but he cant guard kobe. This will come down to the last shot hopefully.
:drinking:

Back