Thursday Night = ***********Utah to the Bank$$*********

D-Woww

Old Man Dan
The linesmakers know that after last week, the public is going to have a chubby for Oregon State (on a side note, how did this school get prime time weekday games two straight weeks?)

they know that joe public is going to say "wow they just beat usc, and utah is nowhere near as good as usc, im taking the points"

but college football is all about two things....MOMENTUM AND MENTALITY

OSU's 15 mins of fame is over. They played out of their minds and are going to come back down to earth. They are also on the road now, where they have lost to Stanford and been blown away by PSU

They will be coming back down to earth Thursday night, and will lose somewhere along the lines of 34-17

GET MONEY

yep...jekyl & hyde team, at home vs on the road. add in the letdown angle, and the score could easily look like the beavs trip to cincy last season.

I tend to agree somewhat but be careful with this mentality. Dont think for one minute that the books didn't know that was the general thought after last weeks game. The thought that Oregon had blown it's load aginst USC and would come down to earth for this game. It makes sense to some degree but you tell a team that got up for USC and beat them that they are 11 point dogs to Utah and they might just get up again. Know what I mean? I'm staying out of this one. Good luck guys :cheers:

I'm going to be on the other side tonight and I don't really think it is the "public" side. The key to this game is can Oregon State run the ball against Utah. The Beavers are averaging 143 yds a game on the ground and have been closer to averaging 200 yds a game in their last two. The Utes are only giving up 60 yds a game on the ground. However, beware of Oregon State under Riley they are 13-15 on the road SU. That is not a bad record and they always play better as the year goes on.

Please keep posts with these kinds of titles out of here. They scare me and remind me on blankets. :shake:

I may or may not have a small wager on Utah tonite...I don't know. Pretty far-fetched to think the Beavers will have a letdown in my opinion since they're playing another ranked team and for Pac10 pride...what's left of it.

A hallmark of Riley's OSU teams is to get whacked early on the road; that's already happened...twice essentially. Another hallmark of Riley's teams is that they improve throughout the year...usually peaking in November.

Definitely should be an interesting game...

I thought i would be on utah this week but got priced out and after i went to revisit the game and thought maybe it was worth a utah bet ... the line had moved up even more. so i am not playing .....

what if utah is a better football team than usc ?

Their wins are..

at virginia ( who just lost to duke 31-3 )
home to Tosu ( who almost lost to ohio bobcats )

what if usc is just overrated ??

utah ability to stop the run makes moveao ( 10 percent chance of spelling his name right which is better than the navy qb ) have to beat them with his arm on the road.

Concern for me with utah is the 2.4 sacks per game they give up facing a team that relies heavily on pressuring the passer.

what if usc is just overrated ??

Anyone who puts a beatdown on like the one they threw to Ohio State can't be too overated. USC plays up to the opposition & I still firmly believe, as much as I hate them, that if the Championship game were played tomorrow they would beat any team in the nation.

I'm going to be on the other side tonight and I don't really think it is the "public" side. The key to this game is can Oregon State run the ball against Utah. The Beavers are averaging 143 yds a game on the ground and have been closer to averaging 200 yds a game in their last two. The Utes are only giving up 60 yds a game on the ground. However, beware of Oregon State under Riley they are 13-15 on the road SU. That is not a bad record and they always play better as the year goes on.

Utah is 7-2 against BCS teams at home. 6-0 L5 years. 4-0 vs Pac 10 with two of those wins coming against top 20 teams. So Riley being 13-15 on the road doesn't really bother me. Utah is also notorious for playing better as the year goes on and they haven't played a full game yet. Should be entertaining. I do agree about the public side. I think most are on the Utes from what I've seen, but it's pretty split on Wagerline.

gl tonight. i dont really try an pay much attention to a letdown after a huge outright win, might have to look at it an sort it in tha database to see how historically shit has done. lookin at stanford lastyear after they beat USC as a huge dog, they were at home vs TCU as a 6 point home dog. they lost by 2, 38-36

gl tonight. i dont really try an pay much attention to a letdown after a huge outright win, might have to look at it an sort it in tha database to see how historically shit has done. lookin at stanford lastyear after they beat USC as a huge dog, they were at home vs TCU as a 6 point home dog. they lost by 2, 38-36

I think that is a big factor. When you upset a team I think its a lot easier to roll it over when your at home compared to having to travel the following week.

Back