Thursday Night Play

hile75

CTG's ambassador of sexy
Might as well throw a winner on here after sweating out that under (if anyone were in the ingame tuesday night)

Looking at the Clemson/Wake game

I'm going to keep this very brief, because I dont feel there is much to analyze. Clemson is not very good. Period. Let's see what Clemson has done this year. They have played 5 homes. They have also played 2 shitty 1-AA schools this year. All 5 Clemson games this year have been at home. Against 1-A schools they are only averaging around 19 ppg (rough math). They now make a conference road game on a Thursday night and play one of the best D's they will face all year.

As for Wake, lets just say it like it is, they didn't show up to play Navy. I cannot justify it. I watched the best part of that game, Kaipo Noa really gave them fits. 3-4 yards a clip and they kept Riley Skinner on the sideline. Navy ran the ball 58 times that game, thats ball control. Navy's TD runs were from 4, 3, and 4 yards away. My point is this, Navy didn't bust out any BIG plays for scores, like it feels like Clemson lives on.

Bottom line, Wake may have been exposed that they can be run on a little bit, but I expect home field advantage and 8 in the box most of the night. Skinner has another very very solid night against a D that has decent numbers because of playing the sub division teams.

Play:
WakeForestDemonDecons3.GIF

Be careful,

Clemson off a bye and a close loss to Maryland spells trouble for the Demon Deacons, home field or not. Remember Clemson was picked to win the ACC, this is a make or break for the coach. I think Clemnson rolls this one.

First off, Clemson's first "home" game was in the Georgiadome in Atlanta - not exactly Death Valley there.
Secondly, Alabama's defense is quite a bit better (and faster) than Wake's.

I'm not saying I'm backing Clemson in this one, I'm just here to offer a more truthful/unbiased opinion on the game.

Dylan, understandable. Ok, I'll rephrase it this way. They have not had to play a road game in hostile territory yet. Still makes a huge difference. And I agree that wake d is not on the bama level, but I do think they offer a much better D than maryland does, who beat clemson in clemson. I'm not sure that clemson scores more than 14 tonight, as I have little to no respect for harper or korn to take pressure off the run game

certainly fair points there hile75. I think the biggest detriment to this Clemson team happens to be their head coach. I think the extra week off should help Clemson a bit too, but I'm certainly not backing them. I think the line is pretty dead on, but I think I like the over more than the under right now.
Cheers

I'm torn on the total. I love playing wake unders, but navy did show that they are able to be ran on and clemson is easily thrown on as long as skinner gets some time in the pocket. I kicked both sides of the total around and just found myself disagreeing with myself.

damn i hope Clemson loses and they fire that jacksass coach
That's the key... When Bowden feels like his back is against the wall, which he HAS to feel that way now, he always pulls the next one out. I think he pulls out all the stops here and makes it happen for the tigers.

I'm torn on the total. I love playing wake unders, but navy did show that they are able to be ran on and clemson is easily thrown on as long as skinner gets some time in the pocket. I kicked both sides of the total around and just found myself disagreeing with myself.

Good decision:shake:

Fuck these weekday coinflip totals with these sharp assed numbers.

Wake has been very prone to force turnovers this season and clemson coughs em up.

It could either spell a bad night in offensive production for clemson in an UNDER, or some defensive TD's and short fields for wake in an OVER

Best of luck hile !!

Grobe in a bounceback spot after a bye at home vs bowden in a bounceback spot off a bye on the road has to be worth something in your favor ...

The potential for the short fields due to turnovers is what really scared me from the under. I actually thought it would have been closer to 40-41.

Plus cheering for unders in college football is so painful

Back