Thursday NBA

while we're talking about football....i don't really like to bet much nfl, at least not like the NBA, but it seems to me there is some value in betting the cowboys at +1246 to win the NFC championship. I hate the cowboys, but it seems like if they get hot they could easily win the NFC. Am I crazy?

Supersav said:
yea i think the "mangini knows belicheck angle" is over blown and the jets last few games didnt impress me at all especially that terrible dolphin game

You see the front page of the Post today...was pretty funny IMO...

"Man" Genius vs the "Mad" Genius...

I give NY all the credit in the world they dont have much talent but week after week they are prepared and play hard. They dont give away games and beat the teams they should. Both guys I am sure know each well it is overplayed but is rivalry. No one wants their pupil to shine overthem , do they?

dont know bout that J cuz they would have to win three games on the road and if they face saints again they will get killed again

yea I seen the post I see the game going like this Jets come out full of energy Chad throws a ick with his noodle arm and the pats exp takes over and they win 13-3

JPicks said:
while we're talking about football....i don't really like to bet much nfl, at least not like the NBA, but it seems to me there is some value in betting the cowboys at +1246 to win the NFC championship. I hate the cowboys, but it seems like if they get hot they could easily win the NFC. Am I crazy?

I didnt even look at those Props to be honest...there simply is flaws in all the NFC teams...bears have issues but health and QB , Cowboys have turnover and secondary issues , Eagles and NYG are somewhat darkhorses , the Sainst dont have playoff exp...

I would say I like NO the most , then Dallas then Chi then Philly , NYG and Sea....

So yes at that return....

LAL is playing exactly how DET did in the 2nd H with the huge difference being Kings have an offense..

Ya i don't really like playing games as much as props and season totals. figured i might take the saints at 3-1 and cowboys at 12-1 Bears have too many problems imo, but i could be wrong.

yep totally SN, I also had the giants-skins game in mind as I wrote it. People are also quick to forget how well the boys have played on the road since romo came in. I'm just really looking forward to the chance to bet against the overvalued bears and chargers!

Pats can beat chargers in rnd 2

Saints can beat the Bears in the NFC championship

damn you get an under 51.5 for +125 right now. that's some value

that'd be for the 4th qtr of lakers/kings game

Same shit I have been sayong we are definetly in tune on the approach to this game. I think Romo's only loss was the fluke game @ Wash...3-1 away Carolina , Arizona , Atlanta ..?? Seattle really isnt better then Atl or Carolina...

hey J , the payout is high cause its a gamble...we all have to decide which we like better...if the Bears secondary was healthy I could overlook Grossmans inconsistent play..so I dont blame ya ..I should have been fucking around with ingame on this one...

btw I play a ton of basketball still at 32 and Kobe is such a bitch! he is seriously making ne hate him and I like everybody... He makes those faces that I would definetly smack right off his grill if I was guarding him...unfortunately I am not 6'7 only 6'2 & cant guard him...that last and 1 in the 3rd Q...that was somehow a tough basket? that he felt like he needed to show his defender up? Please , I have made that shot a thousand times on a guy my size guarding me..and I have played against alot of college stars and some NBAers only one ex-Nova player had that type of I am so great attitude....and shockingly he wasnt....

get a grip Kobe you got bad skills so you should be doing those things....

ya I had to bite on the Kings ML at +222. couldn't help myself from it, but i'm not posting it in my plays. home crowd is loving this comeback.

i'm as concerned about the Bears two DT being hurt/in jail. if their secondary is hurt and they have trouble stopping the run, then what is their strength?

hey sports what if we worrying bout the wrong side what if indy doesnt come to play?

JPicks said:
i'm as concerned about the Bears two DT being hurt/in jail. if their secondary is hurt and they have trouble stopping the run, then what is their strength?

The problem is its Harris and Brown the glue IMO to those units...it actually looks like they have gotten healthier...i simply fired away on GB not even concerned with how was in or out for Chi last week...

Last 4 weeks 27 ,31 , 21 and 26...so last 4 games their defense hasnt been there strength...so yo have a valid point to some degree...

take all my football comments lightly. i really don't pay very close attention to what's going on.

If I remember right the fluke loss was at Washington where TO dropped an easy catch for a TD in the fourth, an extra point miss lead to a tied game at the end and then the comedy blocked field goal :) They won convincingly at zona and also beat the giants. That prime time thanksgiving rout of the horrible bucks really did seem to distort public opinion. It's funny looking back on it now that seems to be the only home game he really played well in (I don't remember him being so hot even in the win against the colts).

Sav that's how I see it too. Really can't invisage the chargers getting past both the pats and the ravens. If the latter stop the run against the chargers as well as they have been doing most of the season and rivers is forced to throw I think it could get ugly real fast! Agree about the saints as well if they get there, but if they play the eagles in the game before I'm not too sure who I'd expect to win right now. As SN says playoff experience does count for a lot and philly will be on such a tear. Would be a great game, hope it happens :)

Supersav said:
hey sports what if we worrying bout the wrong side what if indy doesnt come to play?

I think last year Dungy losing his son really took the focus away from football and I have this sneaky feeling the Colts will be super focused here. Also remember all the talk about how tough it was to win in KC in DEC? Well they lost to Balt and Jax almost beat them....seems like they are not as good as advertised....key road win where do they have won?? Bottomline the more factors we add the more risk we add..

Colts were 8-0 at home and KC was 3-5 away..winning In Oakland , Zona by 3 and STL.....

Trent Green could be hurt , the Cheifs backed into the playoffs....

Basically since they are a vet team I would be more concerned if people doubted them. Actuallt it seems like they getting more credit then they deserve...I played them vs Jax in week 17 so how many who are willing to back them here also had enopugh faith to do so....?? Probably not many IMO..

If the kings would just drive to the hoop they would either score every possession or go to the line every possession...they dont shot threes well!

How I see the AFC playoffs

Indy beats Chiefs

Pats beat Jets

Pats beat Chargers

Ravens beat Indy

Ravens beat Pats

All I know is great shot KOBE!!!!!!side of the backboard...quality look!

AFC playoffs will be interesting...home field is huge so I do see both home teams advancing here....after that I dont know...I think Balt and SD are both getting way overhyped... still dont see ground game in Balt...

Kinda sucks I had 4units on ov 106.5 and 3 units on ov 207.5 that I basically washed out down to just 2 units cause of Miller being OUT....

Hurt myself some...

SportsNut said:
Since 1/1/07:

Sides/Totals : 15-8 +22.80u
1st Q: +0.30u
1st H: -0.50u
2nd H -7.45u
Team Totals : +7.24u

Pending:

Team Total :
Over 106.5 Kings -106 {4units} & Under 107.5 -111 {2units} Win +1.78

Over 207.5 -110 {3units} & Under 210 -110 {3units} little nervous with so a big move and miller out(-0.30)

Kings -4.5 -110 {2units} Pending

no OT. i got +222 on the kings. almost bet out of it and took the free money, but didn't. nice no call on kobe...screw that guy

he spins into traffic....clearly contact but I wouldnt say he deserved a foul...we get a miss and 2 FTs!!

To me when a guy makes a move like that and hits into you the normal foul rules shouldnt apply...like being straight up..he had a clear path to the baasket after the initial contact...one of those things that is marginal LAL wants the call , us Kings dont...

well I think i got to get out of this game. kobe's pissed and the energy is gone from the building. no more stress for me tonight

JPicks said:
so Charles has money on the Lakers ML evidently

Charles is great though ...he just says whats on his mind and what most of us are thinking.....was my fav player in the NBA growing up...

....you got like a guy named Douby....he gambles....and admits it! God, what I could do with a million dollar roll

Supersav said:
martin is scared thats why he missed free throws

Nah , he was off all nite...he might have been scared but he was still like 4 of 8 early when they were getting crushed

Back