Thursday MLB Discussion

Took a small shot with DET ML. They cost me so much this the past 2 days I had to put somethjing on them wont get back the 18 units from Tuesday or the 6 yesterday .....

Right now pissed I passed on Houston and Over but have the AWAY ML today so every road team helps !

me too:shake: knew oswalt had great numbers against the reds but didnt know fogg had such shitty numbers against the stros. should have looked a little harder

shoulda been a autoplay. was just looking at that when they had that rally in the 3rd... argh.

:whip:

me too:shake: knew oswalt had great numbers against the reds but didnt know fogg had such shitty numbers against the stros. should have looked a little harder

shoulda been a autoplay. was just looking at that when they had that rally in the 3rd... argh.

:whip:

I was leaning more on Houston . Besides Oswalt great 20-1 career mark , I did see Fogg's previous issues with Houston. Little concerned with Houstons pen . Reds just struggling even more so vs RHP and despite losing 2 of 3 @ Chi at least Astros hit fairly well.....just one of those things. I tend to always fuck up when I am in a rush. Force plays I shouldnt and then next pass on stuff I should play . Had to run out for half hour and didnt get back in time...oh well...maybe COL will rally ...:cheers:

I love Tampa Bay ML late

the king seems to pitch extremely well against tampa 1-1 (2.90 ERA) in 4 starts..... and look at these numbers, no one really hits him well. iwamura 1-3 and that aint nothin to bragg about.

<table class="stats_table" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="zebra ps-matchup_subhdr"><th scope="col" class="s-hitter">Hitter</th> <th scope="col" class="s-avg">AVG</th> <th scope="col" class="s-ab">AB</th> <th scope="col" class="s-hr">HR</th> <th scope="col" class="s-rbi">RBI</th> <th scope="col" class="s-avg">AVG</th> <th scope="col" class="s-ab">AB</th> <th scope="col" class="s-hr">HR</th> <th scope="col" class="s-rbi">RBI</th> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row" class="s-hitter">Aybar, Willy</th> <td class="s-avg">-</td> <td class="s-ab">-</td> <td class="s-hr">-</td> <td class="s-rbi">-</td> <td class="s-avg">.000</td> <td class="s-ab">2</td> <td class="s-hr">0</td> <td class="s-rbi">0</td> </tr> <tr class="zebra"> <th scope="row" class="s-hitter">Bartlett, Jason</th> <td class="s-avg">-</td> <td class="s-ab">-</td> <td class="s-hr">-</td> <td class="s-rbi">-</td> <td class="s-avg">.000</td> <td class="s-ab">8</td> <td class="s-hr">0</td> <td class="s-rbi">0</td> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row" class="s-hitter">Crawford, Carl</th> <td class="s-avg">-</td> <td class="s-ab">-</td> <td class="s-hr">-</td> <td class="s-rbi">-</td> <td class="s-avg">.083</td> <td class="s-ab">12</td> <td class="s-hr">0</td> <td class="s-rbi">0</td> </tr> <tr class="zebra"> <th scope="row" class="s-hitter">Floyd, Cliff</th> <td class="s-avg">-</td> <td class="s-ab">-</td> <td class="s-hr">-</td> <td class="s-rbi">-</td> <td class="s-avg">-</td> <td class="s-ab">-</td> <td class="s-hr">-</td> <td class="s-rbi">-</td> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row" class="s-hitter">Gross, Gabe</th> <td class="s-avg">-</td> <td class="s-ab">-</td> <td class="s-hr">-</td> <td class="s-rbi">-</td> <td class="s-avg">-</td> <td class="s-ab">-</td> <td class="s-hr">-</td> <td class="s-rbi">-</td> </tr> <tr class="zebra"> <th scope="row" class="s-hitter">Hinske, Eric</th> <td class="s-avg">-</td> <td class="s-ab">-</td> <td class="s-hr">-</td> <td class="s-rbi">-</td> <td class="s-avg">.167</td> <td class="s-ab">6</td> <td class="s-hr">1</td> <td class="s-rbi">1</td> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row" class="s-hitter">Iwamura, Akinori</th> <td class="s-avg">-</td> <td class="s-ab">-</td> <td class="s-hr">-</td> <td class="s-rbi">-</td> <td class="s-avg">.333</td> <td class="s-ab">3</td> <td class="s-hr">0</td> <td class="s-rbi">0</td> </tr> <tr class="zebra"> <th scope="row" class="s-hitter">Longoria, Evan</th> <td class="s-avg">-</td> <td class="s-ab">-</td> <td class="s-hr">-</td> <td class="s-rbi">-</td> <td class="s-avg">-</td> <td class="s-ab">-</td> <td class="s-hr">-</td> <td class="s-rbi">-</td> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row" class="s-hitter">Navarro, Dioner</th> <td class="s-avg">-</td> <td class="s-ab">-</td> <td class="s-hr">-</td> <td class="s-rbi">-</td> <td class="s-avg">.250</td> <td class="s-ab">8</td> <td class="s-hr">0</td> <td class="s-rbi">0</td> </tr> <tr class="zebra"> <th scope="row" class="s-hitter">Pena, Carlos</th> <td class="s-avg">-</td> <td class="s-ab">-</td> <td class="s-hr">-</td> <td class="s-rbi">-</td> <td class="s-avg">.000</td> <td class="s-ab">3</td> <td class="s-hr">0</td> <td class="s-rbi">0</td> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row" class="s-hitter">Riggans, Shawn</th> <td class="s-avg">-</td> <td class="s-ab">-</td> <td class="s-hr">-</td> <td class="s-rbi">-</td> <td class="s-avg">-</td> <td class="s-ab">-</td> <td class="s-hr">-</td> <td class="s-rbi">-</td> </tr> <tr class="zebra"> <th scope="row" class="s-hitter">Upton, B.J.</th> <td class="s-avg">-</td> <td class="s-ab">-</td> <td class="s-hr">-</td> <td class="s-rbi">-</td> <td class="s-avg">.111</td> <td class="s-ab">9</td> <td class="s-hr">0</td> <td class="s-rbi">0</td> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row" class="s-hitter">Zobrist, Ben</th> <td class="s-avg">-</td> <td class="s-ab">-</td> <td class="s-hr">-</td> <td class="s-rbi">-</td> <td class="s-avg">.167</td> <td class="s-ab">6</td> <td class="s-hr">0</td> <td class="s-rbi">0</td></tr></tbody></table>

was gonan write more but really i dont give a shit now unfortunatley.

just lost my jays under in a matter of seconds

3-0 bottom 4th 2 out.... barajas single. TWO infield singles and then a single followed by a double.

all with 2 out.

thanks DUCHbagger

and now was im typing this, sweeney HR 4-4.

Probably a good spot to play ATL...5th starter vs starter and its =170?

Karstens almost perfect gamed them , they had 3 vs Duke and Co , only guy they hit was Herrera who really isnt a ML pitcher and never will be. Morton may be raw and young but he is talented at least. Think ATL lineup is probably better better and probably nice for them not to see Cain , :incecum , CC or Sheets .....

So looking at playing ATL ML , 1st 5 ML and maybe +1.5 ......over loooks attractive but doing shitty on those so far:cheers:

milledge just ended any hopes we had of coming back with an amazing diving snag after seth smith hit what shoulda been a triple near the gap in left center

SportsNut - I like Atlanta quite a bit as well. I'm on it

Satyr. LOVE the Rays. That will be a big play for me. Felix just hasn't been the same guy since coming back from the DL... Not horrible, but certainly not the lights out guy he was before....

Plus the DP after DP in the Yankee game...guess obvious is gonna win out today on totals and kick me in the balls ......

Satyr. LOVE the Rays. That will be a big play for me. Felix just hasn't been the same guy since coming back from the DL... Not horrible, but certainly not the lights out guy he was before....

:shake:

Only reason I cant back seattle is felix has been struggling with pitch counts/stamina since he came back... first couple games he came back he was on a pitch count but last couple games hes hit 108 112 and 109... lasting 5 6 and 6 innings....
seattle pen has been better but id still rather see it in small doses.
felix hasnt gone 7 since june 17th

seattle all of a sudden has woke up and decided to start crushing RHSP... so i really dont know what to make of this game.
like posted above none of TB batters have really had any success against the king
i'll take my 0-2 day and go home. gl fellas

Question with TB is there is a carry over of momentum . Actually think SEA is very cheap here . The Mariners are definetly hitting better then TB and there SP is definetly better. King Felix hasnt been great of late but he hasnt been bad either worst start is basically 3 runs in 6 inn. His 3 career home starts vs R+TB have been dazzling . SEA hitting well above 300 past week and Sonnastine is hittable with a 5.52ERA on normal rest .....

Would be SEA or pass for me ...

Also his 3 road starts vs AL teams as I dont even factor IL games anymore the AL just dominanted the NL in every way including statistically. On Normal rest I mean....

@ OAK L9-1
@ CLE L 13-2
@ KC L6-1

With KC being his best outing .

18 Inn 26H 18 R 6Hrs 3bb 8Ks ...

Something about ATL just seems to easy which is concerning me ....and OAK needs to score in the 7th with top of the order

anything on late game? Gibson behind the plate and a 7.5total? Sonanstine is not lights out as his K rate blows... anything stick out?

Played ATL passed on the over . (Both ML and RL) .

Played SEA ML late some -1.5 and over lesser due to both pens really . Mariners bats are alive lately especially vs RHP. After today SEA who is playing well has Silva , Batista and Dickey...take the SEA ace vs TB 5th SP....

Tampa is 0-5 SU vs AL teams when playing a road game off a home game. Seattle's offense is firing (5+ run totals in 8 of last 10 games) and they've already hammered Sonnastine once this season (4 ER in 6 IP).

SN, we got the Yanks ;) :cheers:

Btw, Sonnanstine retired 17 batters in a row, set a franchise record.

Miller relieved A Sonnanstine

runner on 2nd

Ichiro up next

Shitty situation for TB backers

Cant believe I am saying this ....to date your 2008 AL Cy Young- Mike Mussina ??

Right now I would say Cliff Lee is the frontrunner (clearly) , with Halladay possibly slightily ahead of Moose( better overall numbers definetly) . With a trio Of West Coast guys in the conversation Duchscherer , Ervin Santana and Joe Saunders ...(no particular order)

Expect Duch to fade and OAK in ability to win will hamper him. While Saunders and Santana on the same team will hurt them. I think Moose has one minor edge over Lee at this point in that Moose started slow and Lee on fire so in that sense I could see Moose outpitching Lee down the stretch. Also NYY is the best team of the three.

Lee 15-2 153.2 inn 144h 7hr 22bb 127K 2.58 ERA 1.08 WHIP .247 BAA
Roy 13-8 175.1 inn 150h 13 Hr 29bb 149K 2.77 ERA 1.02 WHIP .230 BAA

Moose 15-7 140.1 inn 141h 14hr 20bb 98K 3.27 ERA 1.2 WHIP .273 BAA

Clearly Moose has the weakest stats but he also started real slow and needed 5 starts before he turned in a real good one which went 7 inn ( 1 good start vs TB that lasted 6 in the 1st few). Also though 10 unearned runs attributed to him mostly in that Balt start he didnt survive the first(6 that game) .

1st 4 starts 19.1 inn 25 h 14 r 13 er 5hrs 3bb 7K .

Nest 20 starts the Yanks are 14-6 and he is 14-4 .
120.1 Inn 116 h 47 R 38er 9Hrs(7 since April) 17bb 91Ks 2.84 ERA 1.105 WHIP BAA around .248ish..

Insane to even think this outloud....:36_11_6:If he wins 20 games for the 1st time now it will be such a FUCK YOU to everyone and I know he wants to do that and say that in his own way...

Moose will turn 40 in Dec has he truly reinvented himself ?? If so and he can pitch not at this level but just a nice consistent SP for 2 more years he could get to 300 wins and then the HOF most come knocking IMO...

As of today in the era of offense he is 265 -151
3.69ERA 1.19 Whip and .254 BAA

Probably not as good as Glavine in his prime but real close and outside of that probably better then TG was....Maybe he was though ...17 season in the AL and only 6 seasons with a 4 + ERA and of the other 11 really just one other it was above 3.51. One season at 4.05 is pretty decent as well the other high ERA seasons were high...He was 101-44 his 1st 6 seasons (full ) in the majors. His 1st 3 Yankee years were very solid but the past 5 he has just 2 solid ones and probably 3 that were poor or borderlining poor...only 108-70 as a Yankee and this season isnt over but when he first arrived would have expected 125-130 wins after seasons knowing NY would be a dynasty ..

Interesting

:36_11_6::popcorn:

for you guys who are not watching the SEA-TB game

Putz goes and hits Longoria with a pitch, right on the wrist, Longoria doesn't know if he's injured, he's in pain and all you can see the next 5 minutes is Riggleman yelling "bullshit" to the umps.

cliff floyd shows why he shouldnt even be in the lineup today batting .164 on the road....

HUGE k for putz 2 down now

Okay SEA survived the rally and has some momentum starting the 9th and 3-4-5 now or never for SEA IMO......

and ATL gets out alive 6-4 top 9th....

I passed on 4 plays Oak over , Atl Over , reds Over and Astros and all 4 hit ....

good news is the away teams ML will cash @ +170

Back