Thursday MLB Discussion

Let me make this as simple as I can. Arizona last night had 20 baserunners and scored 3 runs. This goes way past good pitcher bad pitcher. Melvin is right up there with the very worst managers in baseball and if you play the Diamondbacks and see them bunt with their best hitter and then not score a run and get annoyed----. You are spotting the opposition a lot more than money odds here. Yost is simply a poor manager. That makes him almost a Genius of the game compared to Melvin.

Good points . I had Zona yesterday and well I knew I lost despit ebeing up 2-0 when they had 2 runs on 8 hits and ton of baseruuners (stranded) through the 1st four innings ....

The only thing I can say Zona had done slightily better vs LHP. Doesnt show in all the stats but they have a better chance of putting up a few vs a LHP IMO.

Braun is supposedly out and Branyan could rested. End of a long trip which they cant do worse then 5-5 and have Pitt on deck at home. Could be a flat spot for MILW especially with Webb doing . Going to play the ML ...:cheers:

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD align=left>5 Days Rest</TD><TD align=right>5</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>2.11</TD><TD align=right>8</TD><TD align=right>8</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>55.1</TD><TD align=right>47</TD><TD align=right>22</TD><TD align=right>13</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>4</TD><TD align=right>11</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>43</TD><TD align=right>4</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>.227</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD align=left>> 5 Days Rest</TD><TD align=right>6</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>4.44</TD><TD align=right>8</TD><TD align=right>8</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>50.2</TD><TD align=right>47</TD><TD align=right>25</TD><TD align=right>25</TD><TD align=right>4</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>14</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>45</TD><TD align=right>9</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=right>.245</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Cant weigh this to heavily since the OAK start was on extra rest but generally he stunk @ ATL this year on normal rest and has been pretty good otherwise. Also 1/3 of his home earned runs allowe din Oak start in 3.1 innings just 14 the other 45 innings .

Just Prince and Branyan from the LH side .

Though Prince 6-10 career and Branyan 5-19 2b , 3b , hr 2 rbi but 11Ks in 19abs .

RHB .199 in 2007 and .218 in 2008

Parra recently tons of run support at least 5 runs in his past 8 starts but also just 1 win all season in a game he started with less then 5 runs a 4-3 home win. Dont expect that type offense vs Webb today especially since hi slast 3 starts vs Milw in 05-07.

So with Parra TONs of run support especially recently where has recieved at least 5 runs from his offense and not suprisingly he is doing well in that period. Going back 8 games now and Milw is 7-1 . His only WIN in 2008 getting less then 5 runs happened to be 4-3 at home vs STL where he allowed 3 runs in 5 innings and the pen blanked them the rest of the way . Also his starts on normal rest were very medicore outside of 2 in the 7 he has had. With both recently being vs Houston and Zona . The other 5 he went 26.2 inn allowing 34 hits and 17 runs the good two he went 13inn allowing 8 hits and 2 runs ...huge difference.

Webb has been excellent in his past 3 home starts vs Milw one each season from 05 to 07. He has never faced Kapler or Hart though . The 4 other RHP are 15-68 vs him with Price 6-10 and Branyan 5-19 being all or nothing 3XBH but 11 ks . L3 for Webb vs Milw 22 inn 16 h 3 rus 4bb 20Ks .

Branyan has struggled away and vs ZOna . 198 with 36Ks in 86 abs vs Zona and .178 8/45 3Hrs 5 rbi away so far .
Cameron .207 career vs Zona 77ks in 241 abs. He is 8-34 vs Webb with 1bb to 10ks.
Weeks .228 vs Zona and 1-11 vs Webb with 6ks
Hardy all solid splits till you get to day and nite . Only .200 in teh day compared to 314 at night .
Hart .309 away but 8-45 career vs Zona .179
Fieldler .235 away 3hr 14rbi despite good zona amnd Webb splits

MILw some solid day splits but seemingly the opposite of the other stats for each player . The guys who Zona good dont hit the day and the guys who dont hit in the day or road hit Zona well...

Zona day splits are scary only Conor Jackson rakes . The rest are well below .260 but most of the guys hit LHP well

And a damn error with 2 out on a 1-2 count cost me the 1st 5 inning under ! Towles off all people at .149 and RH jumps on Billingsleys 1st pitch and doubles in 2 . Which is okay maybe helps get them +1.5 RL except Hr the next inning to make it 5-2......

And a damn error with 2 out on a 1-2 count cost me the 1st 5 inning under ! Towles off all people at .149 and RH jumps on Billingsleys 1st pitch and doubles in 2 . Which is okay maybe helps get them +1.5 RL except Hr the next inning to make it 5-2......

:moose:
Man that sucks. I hate when errors make me lose bets.

I think the Dusch can shut down the Sox...and I think the A's can hit Vazquez....what do you guys think...line looks pretty cheap to me...

I think the Dusch can shut down the Sox...and I think the A's can hit Vazquez....what do you guys think...line looks pretty cheap to me...

The A's bullpen is really struggling other than Ziegler, and Vazquez is going to throw strikes. With Crosby and Chavez both injured, this might be the start of the tumble for the A's.

I just see one team on fire, and another team that just had a real depressing loss the day before. If there is one thing I've learned in baseball, its to go WITH the tide, not against..

:moose:
Man that sucks. I hate when errors make me lose bets.

Just wasnt meant to be. 3-0 after t1 thanks to 3 two out hits and then again with 2 outs I get an error , single and double....shit happens ...wrong side = wrong bounces IMO....:cheers:

Webb is slowly becoming a joke easy fade

Doesnt help that he walked Branyan , allowed a bloop single and he is still okay really but plunks Cameron . The throws a WP to score the 1st one and a groundout for the other ....crazy 1 bloop single equals 2 runs ! I thought Milw would score 3 or less so lets see ....:shake:

Dont like to call things over but we knew what was gonna happen after Webb started this crap in the 2nd...A lot of the time...not always...you can watch a few inning and tell exactly the way the games gonna go

Now theyre almost to the point where they can have Cy Young on the mound and still lose most of the time....that hot start they had means nothing

Can someone answer possibly a stupid question?

o/u at 9.0 - under +112
o/u at 9.5 - under -111

If I like the under I usually take the plus money and eat a 0.5 run in this situation. Is this a bad idea?

o/u at 9.0 - under +112
o/u at 9.5 - under -111

If I like the under I usually take the plus money and eat a 0.5 run in this situation. Is this a bad idea?

I mean is there an unwritten rule on how to play this, like never teasing across 0.

i had the dbacks, but i must say that i deserved to lose that game. My condolences to those who had brewers, that was ridiculous.

After they made Gag me look like Cy Young I turned the channel...but they won my god incredible....dont think anyone saw that coming after the 8th.....They should have led the whole game though....Bad beat Brewer backers

o/u at 9.0 - under +112
o/u at 9.5 - under -111

I sometimes do as well...worst case scenario I push where I could have won. But if its set on a flat number (like 9.0) I never give the half run away that could beat me instead of push

pathetic managing, mota couldve gotten out of that, 2 infield singles then he brings in shouse and tracy was sitting on the first pitch then he goes to torres who wasnt even warmed up

horrible

Zona team o4.5-105 for me:smiley_acbe:

Never in doubt 'an_horse'

hehe.

I'm sure it's tough to consider backing Silva, but I do think it's the way to go. Or you could play a 17-25 road team with Verlander, who is 1-5 in 7 road starts. Laying chalk no less.

Mariners +1.5-135 for me.....

Got sidetracked for awhile . Yeah Dbacks had 2 on in at least 4 of the first 7 innings and did zilch . Pathetic that Milw lost that game but clearly I will take it . Just the ways it meant to be . The only way I can swallow tough losses like the 1st 5 inning under @ Houston when its 4-0 2 outs with no one on base and 1-2 to the hitter . Ground ball to 2nd base booted (well error) and the inning is extended , single and double on the next 2 pitches makes 4-0 become 4-2. Sure not the same as a 5-0 lead but generally best way to deal with that crap is accept as the way it was supposed to be. Doesnt make sense and it sure aint logical but not everything is in life . My only advice for dealing with that type of painful shit ....

Anyway hated the Rsox got swept coming in but couldnt pass on the Yanks with there track record after 10 + run wins.

Yanks ML 2u
Yanks RL -1.5 +140 1u
Under 5 1st 5 innings 1u
Under Reds 1st 5 innings 1u
Cubs +120 1u
Over 7 -120 1u
Under 7.5 Atl 1u
KC +140 1u

Props :
Lost ATL 1st score +125 and Won 1st Inn score YES Prop -

Think we are gonna see some runs @ the Stadium though....:shake:

8 PM- Hard to pass on the WSox. Looking at Mets and Seattle as well:cheers:

They need to take those fucking things off

a-rod and giambi both go down swinging?/

:whip::pillow:

Vazquez glad June is gone: The Sports Xchange notes that Javier Vazquez was glad to tear June off the calendar; the right-hander went 2-2 with a 7.61 ERA last month. But the hope is that his problem has now been fixed. "We looked at film and I think we found something with my mechanics and what I was doing," Vazquez said. "We worked on it in the bullpen, and hopefully it's something that's fixed. It was small, but kind of a big thing. I was bringing my arms out and then leaning back and that's why I felt like I was all over the place. We'll see (against Oakland). Just less motion with my arms, keep them close to my body."

Lost my mind playing COL ML and RL(small)......

Rockies 8-3 at home vs LHSP losing twice to Sanchez of SFG and blew awin late vs Hill of Chicago earlier . Miller struggling with RHB at .304 and thats basically what COL is sending out ...

GL all .

WSox ML then lesser RL +170 . Over 7.5 and less on 1st 5 over . WSox score 1st Prop .

Col ML and RL (less)

Mets ML and 1st5 under

Back