Thursday MLB Discussion Thread

Where Bar? Need to know about Tarik Skubal! I see he has pitched last 11 innings vs the twins and only allowed 3 runs, and he a lefty, that almost enough for me to say cards will have problems against him!! Jack is gonna bounce back big and have a great game me thinks. Should be a decent Ff under.

if I like what I see when I look into tigers pitcher they might be worth a look. I love flaherty and all but not sure why cards -210 vs a team playing around .500 ball? Cards not any better than a .500 team either!

Oh it’s a DH so forget Ff under, would prob just play the full 7 under. Even if flaherty don’t go distance I’d assume we use the good pen guys unless tigers have big lead.

Gonna be a Sonny Day in Chicago, I’m afraid. Don’t the Cubs lifeless bats waking up against him

how that kid cubs pitching? I know he threw few innings vs cards but I don’t really recall if I watched or not, obviously I wasn’t paying attention, lol

Wonder how many ppl getting stung trying to get a win with tribe over kc? Gotta think tribe gonna be a huge system chase play for some 2marro! Scary thought. Those used to really jack lines up closer to 1st pitch but havnt paid attention to them this year.

Oh wow. Phils/fish starting up a 5 day 7 game series! Who woulda thought this be such a huge series in the East!! Arrieta owns a stellar record vs fish but surface stats much better than the advanced and lot of fish have hit him well in their careers.

Phils come in the hotter team but I think they have had a more favorable schedule of late and fish have held their own playing some the tough al East teams and coming off taking 2 of 3 off div leading Braves after the embarrassing butt kicking they took wed night! Bright side of that is they didn’t use up much their better pen guys!!

ya’ll know how much I love Alcantara, he been stellar against phils in his career, showed no lingering problems from coming off the Covid list last time out vs rays in 6+ innings of excellent work. I’ll def be on Fish Ff and possibly game along with Ff under. Hate playing side and total but seeing Full game total at 9 im assuming we gonna see 4.5 Ff at lowest and that to high imo, can’t pass that up.

To tough a task asking Akin to see the beat up yanks twice in a row? I’m always expecting the opposite ya see from the 1st outing but that not always the case, yanks only sporting a .711 vs lhp this year, my biggest worry gotta be his propensity to walk guys paired with his fly ball rate at that bandbox, scary combination. His saving grace may be he stays off the barrels with a low hard contact rate. Yanks don’t exactly have scary power right now.

It looks like Cole has made mince meat of O’s hitters but they have managed to get runs home vs him in both games they have faced him this year (most of them were unearned last start), like akin he is seeing this lineup for second time in a row, as crazy it sounds I think balty lineup the tougher task to face b2b right now! We all know Cole getting tagged for homers in bunches this year and I’d be shocked if O’s couldn’t get a few out this bandbox on him! It will probably come down to whether anyone is on base when they come which anyone’s guess, but I’m def willing to take a stab on O’s at this price. My feelings about -200 or higher favs no secret and when that price attached to a team playing well worse than .500 ball lately and a pitcher who while still really good sporting a 4-3 record I don’t see how you lay that or pass up the price on the dog?

Gonna be a Sonny Day in Chicago, I’m afraid. Don’t the Cubs lifeless bats waking up against him

good god, I just saw cubs batters vs Sonny. Are those accurate? Lol. 12 hits in 117 at bats! 39 k’s to 5 walks, .103 ba with a .367 collective ops! Only happ sports a good anything and that him being 1 for 3 w a double. After that schwarber only other guy with a ops above .500!!! Fair to say he owns them! And he coming off his worst start in god knows how long against cards of all teams! Unless he hurt himself and none of us know (I can’t think of how else cards tagged him? Lol), yea I think I’ll lay it here, actually if wind not blowing in hard I’ll prob look to play the -1.5 at plus money :)

Unreal....watching the highlight video on mlb.com titled " Brewers record 13 extra-base hits " and Matthew Boyd did not even look like he was trying...everything was down the middle and up. I don't get these guys sometimes. Did no one teach them how to pitch at all? Makes me wonder.....

Unreal....watching the highlight video on mlb.com titled " Brewers record 13 extra-base hits " and Matthew Boyd did not even look like he was trying...everything was down the middle and up. I don't get these guys sometimes. Did no one teach them how to pitch at all? Makes me wonder.....

that’s a shame, Boyd has pretty solid stuff, hasn’t been great this year but he was coming off a really good game vs twins. Luckily brewers numbers vs lefties kept me away from tigers.

Not sure if cards will be able to hit this lefty tigers throwing in game 1 or not? Seems like he has pretty good stuff but he does throw a lot of fastballs which suites us. Not like it a bad fastball tho. If you betting a side I think tigers ml or rl the way to go, even with jack pitching I dont think cards worthy of this kind of price! if the +1.5 was plus money I’d be all over it, at -120 I can take it or leave it. Lean under 6.

looks like wind whipping in at wrigley again today. already brought up Grey numbers vs cubs hitters, he should dominate. dunno much bout the cubs starter. his walk rate incredibly alarming, i doubt it be as bad as it been so far in small sample but he has struggled with it last few years in bigs and minors. he generating a ton of ground balls out of the blue this year but has never had a high ground ball rate at any level but dont think whether he continues getting grounders matters a ton here. doesnt matter how much help the wind giving you if you walking guys home. id love to back the ff under here cause i dont expect grey to give up anything just unsure of what we get out cubs starter, dont really expect reds to light it up tho so def lean that way but like reds ff -.5 -105 more. if it wasant for the wind i would really like reds full game rl +130 but the low total and high wind scares me.

how do ya look at Cahil when all his freaking starts been against snakes? he really hasnt been very good or went very far in any of them either, of course i think it incredibly tough to face the same lineup over and over again. on the other hand not pitching very well vs zona has to be a huge concern cause their offense is crap!! that certainly explains his k/9 being at a all time high at his advanced age!!

paddock has had issues with left handed hitters this year which san fran has a handful of and giants offense been pretty good this month. both teams coming in 6-2 on the month. paddack been hittable this year despite the excellent k/bb rate, average exit velo is up several ticks coinciding with a higher hr rate. i like the over 9 here.

Last edited:
Yanks taking some money which crazy to me. No clue why anyone would lay -250 w them? Just freaking pass and find another game before ya do that!!

I’ll take balty +233
The only problem I see is Akin going against the Yankees lineup b2b. Akin is a lite-innings/control starter.

The only problem I see is Akin going against the Yankees lineup b2b. Akin is a lite-innings/control starter.

yea that def my biggest concern. If yanks were healthy or hitting I’d prob leave it alone, they have had a whole bunch of games this month where they only scored 1-2-3 runs tho, so I’m with you I don’t like that either but think it worth a play at this price.

i see the great career BvP numbers, but man Sonny has been striking out the world this year yet has had some pretty poor starts. He gets a lot of respect favored on the road in nearly every start now, but i'm not sure he's deserved it so far

To tough a task asking Akin to see the beat up yanks twice in a row? I’m always expecting the opposite ya see from the 1st outing but that not always the case, yanks only sporting a .711 vs lhp this year, my biggest worry gotta be his propensity to walk guys paired with his fly ball rate at that bandbox, scary combination. His saving grace may be he stays off the barrels with a low hard contact rate. Yanks don’t exactly have scary power right now.

It looks like Cole has made mince meat of O’s hitters but they have managed to get runs home vs him in both games they have faced him this year (most of them were unearned last start), like akin he is seeing this lineup for second time in a row, as crazy it sounds I think balty lineup the tougher task to face b2b right now! We all know Cole getting tagged for homers in bunches this year and I’d be shocked if O’s couldn’t get a few out this bandbox on him! It will probably come down to whether anyone is on base when they come which anyone’s guess, but I’m def willing to take a stab on O’s at this price. My feelings about -200 or higher favs no secret and when that price attached to a team playing well worse than .500 ball lately and a pitcher who while still really good sporting a 4-3 record I don’t see how you lay that or pass up the price on the dog?

i'm also happy to fade NYY and Cole plus that bullpen at 2/1, but Torres was good last night and every AB he gets he's closer to being the nightmare he was

With that said, Akin b2b starts vs NYY makes me concerned and you basically have to win a game in regulation this year if you're a road team thanks to the lame extra innings rules

how do ya look at Cahil when all his freaking starts been against snakes? he really hasnt been very good or went very far in any of them either, of course i think it incredibly tough to face the same lineup over and over again. on the other hand not pitching very well vs zona has to be a huge concern cause their offense is crap!! that certainly explains his k/9 being at a all time high at his advanced age!!

paddock has had issues with left handed hitters this year which san fran has a handful of and giants offense been pretty good this month. both teams coming in 6-2 on the month. paddack been hittable this year despite the excellent k/bb rate, average exit velo is up several ticks coinciding with a higher hr rate. i like the over 9 here.

i played Giants TT over 3' (-120)

Back