Thursday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
The weekend is just around the corner, time to find some winners!

Screenshot_20240808-094944.pngScreenshot_20240808-094955.png

Last edited by a moderator:
i didn't do any work on games overnight and she has chemo this morning so i probably won't mess with any the day games, i dunno guess we see how long it takes till she actually gets done with labs, dr, then gets it going, maybe i'll have time to look and run across river while she doing it but prob not, she starting new stuff today and nervous so i'll prob end up staying w her. i'll cap the night games and post while we there.

i didn't do any work on games overnight and she has chemo this morning so i probably won't mess with any the day games, i dunno guess we see how long it takes till she actually gets done with labs, dr, then gets it going, maybe i'll have time to look and run across river while she doing it but prob not, she starting new stuff today and nervous so i'll prob end up staying w her. i'll cap the night games and post while we there.
Hope things go well today Bank. In my thoughts bud.

Hope things go well today Bank. In my thoughts bud.

thanks man appreciate it.

only pitcher at 1st glance i woulda looked at Herz for nate but they must have figured out they were fucking up k props cause last night they made mostly stronger lines now today this kid is 5.5 and freaking -155 to over, thar a big jump from where i played him last few starts! i see chance for rain in dc anyways so just gonna focus on later games.

starting pitchers aside seems little crazy pads are even money against pirates. even w king pitching shitty (every time start after he throws 100+ seems to happen, he hit k's at least!) somehow pirates managed to lose that game last night. not sure the starter pitcher edge is big enough to negate all the other advantages pads have? but again not playing it just have a hour to kill before her appointment so here i am babbling away! lol

One early game I do like is Pitt over S.Diego and the under 8.5 at plus money. Just think not as many runs Scored in the day game and like Pitt to right the ship. Ortiz faced them once with crappy numbers but will take a chance with them being a slight fav and the under.

One early game I do like is Pitt over S.Diego and the under 8.5 at plus money. Just think not as many runs Scored in the day game and like Pitt to right the ship. Ortiz faced them once with crappy numbers but will take a chance with them being a slight fav and the under.

man i couldn't lay any juice w pirates over one the hottest teams in baseball. i prob wouldn't play pads either even if i could so what do i know? lol

More than me you do lol

lol, don't sell yourself short, i didn't even cap this game, didn't make expected lines for starters or anything, i just saw price and thought "really pirates favs over a team that has won 13 of last 15", far from a great take. i really don't know either starter well enough to be saying shit without doing some work which i'm not, lol. hope you cash brotha.

lol, don't sell yourself short, i didn't even cap this game, didn't make expected lines for starters or anything, i just saw price and thought "really pirates favs over a team that has won 13 of last 15", far from a great take. i really don't know either starter well enough to be saying shit without doing some work which i'm not, lol. hope you cash brotha.
Thxs bud

i do think mets should look better at plate today, should have acclimated to the 3 day stretch of time changes they played in beginning the week. gomber actually decent at coors but not so much during the day. def over or nothing.

i do think mets should look better at plate today, should have acclimated to the 3 day stretch of time changes they played in beginning the week. gomber actually decent at coors but not so much during the day. def over or nothing.
Great call the other day on the time zone effect - even the mile high atmosphere couldn't wake their bats up! Today it changes!

Great call the other day on the time zone effect - even the mile high atmosphere couldn't wake their bats up! Today it changes!

who knows if that was it or not? lol. just going laa to stl to col and playing all 3 days seemed a bit much even for these guys. i agree i think by today they should be bout as settled in it gets, they better be cause they going back out west after this game i think, that shouldn't be a big deal, it was just throwing that stupid make up game in with stl in middle a west coast trip was pretty ignorant.

mets really did good to get last night and split 1st 2, i gaurentee cardinals woulda lost both if put in that situation!

who knows if that was it or not? lol. just going laa to stl to col and playing all 3 days seemed a bit much even for these guys. i agree i think by today they should be bout as settled in it gets, they better be cause they going back out west after this game i think, that shouldn't be a big deal, it was just throwing that stupid make up game in with stl in middle a west coast trip was pretty ignorant.
Pretty sure I saw that them and StL don't have the same off days again this season so this one made the most sense. Looking at the Mets, they go to Seattle after this, then home for 9 games (last series is BALT), then no day off back out to SD. Off day between SD and AZ but then after the Snakes series...no off day (well figuratively) before a series at the White Sox and no off day back home. Pretty brutal scheduling.

With both teams making a playoff push I'm sure neither wanted to have to deal with that make up game at the end of the season.

speaking of cardinals it so tough to trust them to sweep anyone, for years i used to fade them when going for sweep, i'd think philosophy has changed as it used to be organizational mentality i was fading but they just not all that good anymore so they simply can't sweep teams!, opposed to back when they would be prone to checking out after winning a series.

outside of Gray all cardinals starters are the same to me, bunch of middling mfers i have a terrible time capping cause there doesbt seem to be much logic behind when they pitch well or don't?! it prob be a good time to look at umps with these guys cause they all the type who do much better if they getting corners and then can expand the zone, none of them have good enough stuff to be leaving it over the plate! inexplicably to me gibson has all a sudden turned into a strikeout pitcher? i assume he been getting guys to chase bad pitches and look at strikes, how the hell to predict if that keeps up beats me! they have his k number at 5.5 which id never put him stuff wise in the group i expect to be lined there. rays lineup isn't very good, it took fedde a freaking 100 pitches to go 5 innings but he was able to keep them in check and produce a decent number of k's. i'd think gibson can do at least that, id think he would be more efficient then again he has only went longer than 5 innings 2 his last 7! lol. like i said, good luck figuring this rotation out. you would think they mostly just pick on bad lineups and get killed by good but not really the case either, they all been known to get hit by bad lineups and they all from time to time pitch well vs a better one. i dunno,i have no great read on cardinals anymore, used to be i was on point when it came to this team now i think there other teams im better with. not just the pitching either, how the hell they hit Taj last night is beyond me? never woulda guessed that. now today watch them struggle against Baz!

Pretty sure I saw that them and StL don't have the same off days again this season so this one made the most sense. Looking at the Mets, they go to Seattle after this, then home for 9 games (last series is BALT), then no day off back out to SD. Off day between SD and AZ but then after the Snakes series...no off day (well figuratively) before a series at the White Sox and no off day back home. Pretty brutal scheduling.

With both teams making a playoff push I'm sure neither wanted to have to deal with that make up game at the end of the season.

someone being overly optimistic if they think cards will be sniffing playoffs where 1 game will matter! lol. suppose it could for the muts. mlb seems pretty awful when it comes to scheduling, baffles me how many times det played cle in july, or the 100 other times div opponents play damn near all their meetings in a short period early or late in year. spread that shit out! they don't even play as many vs each other anymore so shouldn't be that difficult! i can't stand when a pitcher has to see a team 3x in 20 days or some crap.

Reactions: KJ
i guess all that babbling bout cards the bottom line is there no way i lay juice w this team to sweep practically anyone! im pretty sure they lost 2 of 3 to white sox this year!! they are mediocre in pretty much every way imaginable, just how the front office apparently likes it!! even our closer who was one the best has been getting hit more lately, his stuff doesn't look any different so gotta wonder if teams have found something w him tipping pitches maybe? not sure just another thing i can't figure out w cards!! gun to head id take the plus w tampa but still not sure how this team responds to the fire sale that dumped 3 every day position starters and some pen guys i think.

i guess all that babbling bout cards the bottom line is there no way i lay juice w this team to sweep practically anyone! im pretty sure they lost 2 of 3 to white sox this year!! they are mediocre in pretty much every way imaginable, just how the front office apparently likes it!! even our closer who was one the best has been getting hit more lately, his stuff doesn't look any different so gotta wonder if teams have found something w him tipping pitches maybe? not sure just another thing i can't figure out w cards!! gun to head id take the plus w tampa but still not sure how this team responds to the fire sale that dumped 3 every day position starters and some pen guys i think.
I looked at this game too and cannot read into any angle really, that tells me to lay off instead of pushing something.

I looked at this game too and cannot read into any angle really, that tells me to lay off instead of pushing something.

i agree, my only argument would be it prob a coin flip and i do like me some plus money coin flips!! throw in the unlikeliness cards sweep another mediocre team and i think there a decent case for rays but certainly not confident, it just what it is, a plus money coin flip which i like playing as many those i can on the year!

that how most these assholes operate, it not always even a bigger or smaller k zone it just they can only see one side the plate real good the way they positioned so they give a inch or 2 on one side then the other they squeeze. essentially just moving the plate, problem being they the only ones who see it that way!

the time had long passed where they should be calling these electronically or at least give ump a damn ipad and let them actually see where ball went!

Ended up doing a MIL/SD/Coors o10/Reds -1.5 parlay with the 50% boost it came in at +1997. Shits n giggs bet just to have something this morning.

Really need Noah Lyles to win the 200 today to complete a couple wagers from the other day so just passing time

Guess the only game I kinda like today is Balty at -110 to -115 ish, figure both pitchers been shit this season, rather take the team that can actually rake

Gotta dig into this, but clearly there's been almost a league-wide change of approach in the first innings. Hitters swinging on first pitch more often is it? I need to do some digging, but my eye tells me something changed with the approach, along with the ball and the weather.

Ended up doing a MIL/SD/Coors o10/Reds -1.5 parlay with the 50% boost it came in at +1997. Shits n giggs bet just to have something this morning.

Really need Noah Lyles to win the 200 today to complete a couple wagers from the other day so just passing time

Guess the only game I kinda like today is Balty at -110 to -115 ish, figure both pitchers been shit this season, rather take the team that can actually rake
Noah is really fun to watch run. One thing I have enjoyed us both women's and men's racing

Reactions: KJ
Gotta dig into this, but clearly there's been almost a league-wide change of approach in the first innings. Hitters swinging on first pitch more often is it? I need to do some digging, but my eye tells me something changed with the approach, along with the ball and the weather.
Last few of these I have lost. Been laying off. Think I had one win in last bunch

Nice of them to sneak a couple innings in DC before what's probably a long delay

the rules on this are so stupid (assuming they havnt changed and knowing the mlb's disdain for change i assume not!), so the home team has total control on if/when they start the game but once it starts then mlb takes over. mlb taking over in game makes sense cause obviously home team could manipulate it based on how game going, i just never understood why they let home teams make the call on start? larussa would start them on purpose and have pen guy start so cards starter didn't get burnt when rain came in 2nd inning!

mlb should just put a team of weather ppl in control and figure it out, how damn dumb you gotta be to start a game that gonna get rained on in 20 min? maybe a hour i suppose the nats pitcher made 1st inning really long! lol., happened witb pads/pirates the other day so cease got to pitch 1 inning and was burnt cause pirates to stupid to read radar!

This Germany/France game getting good last 38 seconds. Germany down 2

so glad im sitting in room at cancer center! can't even be out with all the other ppl cause this new treatment she gotta be in dark with ice packs on eyes, not sure bout this shit.

Yeah got France Germany on the main screen here. "Do you foul to stop the 3".. why is this even a question?

I can't stand when people are bald and have a beard. It's a terrible look imo. Beard should connect to hair at top of the head via sideburns

lol. why you care what a bald dude does with his facial hair? poor guy can't grow hair on his head now you want him not to grow on his face either? poor ugly bastard has no camouflage then!

Back