Thursday 03/19/15 NBA discussion thread

divol

The Spurs can suck my manhood
[TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 954"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL - THU 3/19[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, colspan: 4, align: center"]GAME[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]HANDICAP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MONEY LINE[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]TOTAL POINTS[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MORE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Thu 3/19[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]701[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Minnesota Timberwolves[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+1 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 2.009[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 197.5 1.990[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]04:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]702[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]New York Knicks[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-1 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.900[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 197.5 1.917[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Thu 3/19[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]703[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Denver Nuggets[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+7.5 1.925[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 3.810[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 215 1.961[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]05:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]704[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Houston Rockets[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-7.5 1.980[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 1.312[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 215 1.943[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Thu 3/19[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]705[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]New Orleans Pelicans[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-1.5 1.934[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.840[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 200 1.925[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]07:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]706[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Phoenix Suns[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+1.5 1.970[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 2.080[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 200 1.980[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Thu 3/19[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]707[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Utah Jazz[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-4 1.909[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 1.564[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 181.5 1.934[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]07:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]708[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Los Angeles Lakers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+4 2.000[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 2.590[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 181.5 1.970[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
Without a doubt, GOY for Phoenix. If they win, they will have a few more of those, but if they lose, it's the end of the season for them.

Tuck, your thoughts on the game? Suns have a shot here?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en-gb"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Nuggets?src=hash">#Nuggets</a> coach Melvin Hunt on if he expects to have a full roster vs. Houston: &quot;Yes sir. I'm ready to roll. The guys are ready to roll.&quot;</p>&mdash; Chris Dempsey (@dempseypost) <a href="https://twitter.com/dempseypost/status/578270067839746048">March 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reason I'm pointing that out is not so much for Thursday, but for Friday's B2B game @ Miami. Nuggets took a lot of heat for sitting Lawson, Gallinari and Faried against the Grizzlies on Monday, and Chandler, Arthur and Foye the night before that at NO, so this is an obvious knee jerk reaction. That doesn't preclude them from sitting players on Friday though when they'll have a more convenient excuse.

<iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I think it depands on how well they play on Thursday. I also don't see any reason why they should sit guys out to begin with. They won't make playoffs of course and I see no special reason for tanking, since they can maybe go down one place, but not much more than that...

I agree that it makes no sense for them to rest players (if they wanted to tank so badly, why not wait until the end of the season to fire Shaw?), but conspiracy theories abound (maybe they've played too well under Hunt?). I just read one of Wilson Chandler's comments and thought maybe there was more going on than people realized (almost like a real life "Major League"):

Forward Wilson Chandler was asked if he expected a full roster Thursday with the long rest between games.

"I have no idea what they are going to do," Chandler said. "Whoever is on the court just has to keep playing. It's the nature of the business. I'm not a GM; I don't know what's going on. It's tough when you're fighting together but you're getting set up for failure."

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_27724799/denver-nuggets-get-cooled-off-loss-memphis-grizzlies

Just a reminder I guess to keep an eye on the Nuggets lineups before making any plays involving them the rest of the season.

worse night of the year last night year.. rushed my plays -- it happens
worse night of the year -36 now +164 ytd.

leans
over in msg
over in houston
over in hollywood..

Probably they do. NO is 3-7 away on Thursday. Suns last 2 Thursday games at home were wins vs OKC. Bledsoe has started passing to Warren with real success and Archie who is helping at point guard. Suns are 10-2 off a 10 or greater win and 6-3 last 3 years off 3 days or greater rest although it has not happened this year. Still no Len and Knight is possible and that puts a win in real jeopardy. The brothers, Tucker and Wright are available but it is thin.

The Pels are 1-1 SU and ATS this season on Thursdays, both games coming back in December. To get their L9 Thursday away games you have to go back through December 25, 2008.

The whole spot is tough. NO plays the next day at GS. Obviously that means real focus on the Suns game.

My problem with Suns is that they gave up on Plumlee, Dragic and Thomas for Knight. They went from one of the deepest teams in the league to one of the shortest. Now, with Knight and Len out, look at their bench...
Earl Barron, Gerald Green, Warren, Curry and Goodwin - maybe the worst bench in the league at the moment - even weaker than Knicks bench maybe...

Giving up Plumlee was very lame. Meanwhile Denver is off a 10 plus loss and on 2 days rest.

I like the Wolves tonight. No way Knicks should be favorites against any NBA team.
Utah should easily win tonight. Lakers made some really dumb wins lately, but enough is enough. If they lose this draft pick...

Pelicans should be favorites to win, but it's so hard to fade Suns, in such a huge game at home...
Still... very short rotation and can't imagine who can guard Davis...

I like the Wolves tonight. No way Knicks should be favorites against any NBA team.
Utah should easily win tonight. Lakers made some really dumb wins lately, but enough is enough. If they lose this draft pick...

Pelicans should be favorites to win, but it's so hard to fade Suns, in such a huge game at home...

Anthony Davis (ankle) will be a game-time decision for Thursday's game vs. the Suns.
Davis rolled his ankle while going through drills, and was unable to go through Thursday's shootaround. If he's unable to suit up tonight, Alexis Ajinca would likely slide back into the starting lineup, and he'd be worth a look as a plug-and-play option in daily leagues. Tyreke Evans and Eric Gordon would also be tasked with doing the heavy lifting on offense if Davis is indeed unavailable. Stay tuned. Mar 19 - 3:13 PM

not sure you have watched either team play in the last 2 weeks...
twolves are all banged up and have been playing their rookies quite a bit.. minus last night.. Martin has been avg at best the last month,, finally had a very good game last night..
Ny with their new look lineup "shved" and without, calderon,cleananthony,hardwayjr, have been competitive vs the lower teams....and the spurs.
it is their 2nd game back off a 5 game roadie and play in philly tomorrow night...

worse night of the year last night year.. rushed my plays -- it happens
worse night of the year -36 now +164 ytd.

leans
over in msg
over in houston
over in hollywood..

Hate the spot but
knicks .ml - large, making it xl - l
1st half over. 99 ..xl - W

2nd qtr rox over 54 - max - push
3rd qtr over 52 - max - l

1h lakers over 88.5 - xl - l
game 183 - max - l
2nd qtr over 43 max - l

-38 - 126

Last edited:
not sure you have watched either team play in the last 2 weeks...
twolves are all banged up and have been playing their rookies quite a bit.. minus last night.. Martin has been avg at best the last month,, finally had a very good game last night..
Ny with their new look lineup "shved" and without, calderon,cleananthony,hardwayjr, have been competitive vs the lower teams....and the spurs.
it is their 2nd game back off a 5 game roadie and play in philly tomorrow night...

Didn't watch any of either team games for a while now - but I can see box scores and so on...
Bottom line, Knicks should be favorites - they have very little talent and while they are fighters and sometimes catch a good game, my opinion, they should be favorites against any team, including Wolves, LAL and Sixers.

Took Over 183 in Staples Center. Just don't get this line. Teams scored 197 just three weeks ago, in Gobert era already, Jazz average 177 points on the road with the new line up, Lakers games at home average 199 points, why the total is not 187 - 188 points - not clear to me...

had jazz 2q and 1h tt over (21.5 and 44.5), saw them with 10 (2q) and 28 (1h) at the 9:00 mark, come back to check and see they scored 5 pts the rest of the half? wtf...see their poor ft shooting from last night continues as well

Essentially in Pelican game and Laker game you are dealing with teams about to play at GS. That is a situational feature that demands an under. Worked it out late in the Laker game but not in time for the Suns game.

In that Suns game, just a total mystery why Archie and TJ played a combined 33.27 minutes looking at the shooting percentages of their team mates.

Off topic but you might make it a rule in hockey to fade Vancouver at home on Thursdays.
Denver still a perfect disaster on 2 days

Took Over 183 in Staples Center. Just don't get this line. Teams scored 197 just three weeks ago, in Gobert era already, Jazz average 177 points on the road with the new line up, Lakers games at home average 199 points, why the total is not 187 - 188 points - not clear to me...

Jazz have been playing great defense, but most if it at home, had thought once they got on the road and. A a poor defensive team like the lakers there would be an uptick in points ... Obviously not./..

Back