Three Loss LSU vs Alabama BIG One Thread

It might not get a lot of pub, but Alabama's final drive was a thing of beauty. 9:18 left in the game, LSU pulls within 14, a weird bounce on the kickoff plus a penalty pins Alabama deep, and LSU doesn't get the ball again

LSU fans really really really really hate Alabama

yep

It is getting very very old. We get out coached in this contest everytime it seems. Taking nothing from Bama, they sure beat the shit outta LSU. That defense is nasty when it wants to be.

If we finish out this year recruiting like we hope, we will have those guys like we used to on defense, like you all have now. Like MOT said, lazy ass Chief the last 2 years fucking around.

Always a fun one. I would like to get on the right side of this one soon.

It might not get a lot of pub, but Alabama's final drive was a thing of beauty. 9:18 left in the game, LSU pulls within 14, a weird bounce on the kickoff plus a penalty pins Alabama deep, and LSU doesn't get the ball again

So hard to think of a thing I enjoyed most about the game, there were so many but almost all centered around Cornbread Robinson but this drive was right up there. Haven't seen us take the air out of it like that since prob 2011 or 2012. Prob the first time Lane has ever experienced that, gotta hope it gives him the tickle in his peaches like it did me and we do it some more.

Twink, super tough game coming up in Red Stick this weekend too. Couldn't be two more separate feels in locker rooms between the Hogs and your boys this week. This is the annual flat spot for you guys in what's always a one score game. Offense should get back on track in a shootout, fun game I think as an objective fan but wouldn't feel good as a Cajun.

So hard to think of a thing I enjoyed most about the game, there were so many but almost all centered around Cornbread Robinson but this drive was right up there. Haven't seen us take the air out of it like that since prob 2011 or 2012. Prob the first time Lane has ever experienced that, gotta hope it gives him the tickle in his peaches like it did me and we do it some more.

Twink, super tough game coming up in Red Stick this weekend too. Couldn't be two more separate feels in locker rooms between the Hogs and your boys this week. This is the annual flat spot for you guys in what's always a one score game. Offense should get back on track in a shootout, fun game I think as an objective fan but wouldn't feel good as a Cajun.

totally. this is the annual let down. believe me.....I will have some Arky money likely trying to play catch up......

A'shawn Robinson doesn't get the pub and doesn't have the stat line of a Suh or a Fairley, most on here prob don't even know him aside from being Lenny's bilogical father, but he is every bit as deserving of being in every conversation centered around best players in CFB this season. Should be an outstanding pro and top 10ish pick

A'shawn Robinson doesn't get the pub and doesn't have the stat line of a Suh or a Fairley, most on here prob don't even know him aside from being Lenny's bilogical father, but he is every bit as deserving of being in every conversation centered around best players in CFB this season. Should be an outstanding pro and top 10ish pick

that guy is straight nasty....if he isnt a top 5 pick I have never seen one

i wouldnt want to stand near that guy...you see him beating his chest?

those guys were poppin out there......bad ass D for sure

i wouldnt want to stand near that guy...you see him beating his chest?

those guys were poppin out there......bad ass D for sure

You could tell they were super keyed up, everybody on every play. Just feeding on one another's emotion, literally like no missed tackles I can think of the entire game that's just pride and want-to. [video=youtube;VYksmGmXGtw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYksmGmXGtw[/video]

Not in that weak-ass conference...

we seem to be right there with you all

LOL at Iowa.....that side of the league. I mean, could they really be allowed in a playoff? No disrespect to Iowa fans at all, and I really like their coach

You could tell they were super keyed up, everybody on every play. Just feeding on one another's emotion, literally like no missed tackles I can think of the entire game that's just pride and want-to. [video=youtube;VYksmGmXGtw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYksmGmXGtw[/video]

we seem to be a year away.....I was looking at some of the defensive guys we had out there, and they just aren't of caliber.

Also, don't you think we just call a shitty offensive game when we play you all? Taking nothing away CK, look I know yall force our hand a bit, but ONE pass to the tight end?

that's my point, if an undefeated team from SEC East at the end of the season, they shouldn't get into the playoff? That's essentially what you are saying

no I am saying Iowa loses to whomever makes it from the other side

it will take care of itslef

Of course just like Florida will, but if either win they would obviously be in discussion, and if Iowa are undefeated they would be in I'm sure

also did FLA coach McElwain say "Anything inside the 20s we were going with the dentist"

refering his walk on dental student K?

LOL, that is great

Ya, would agree on your defense. Beckwith, I really like, but he got his ass handed to him by pretty much whoever wanted to all game. I was really surprised by that. I think the issue against Bama is still the smaller guys, not enough beef on the DE's and this year instead of having a Mingo type guy that's so disruptive, you just have guys that are prime to get bullied.

I mentioned it earlier in the thread that I though that first down was going to be the key to the game and I think that was a pretty accurate assesment. They flashed a stat during the game but was Bama was at least 2 or 2.5 times better on first down from a yardage standpoint. The problem against Bama is you just can't run and that's where you guys have made your bones. I know you and I disagreed about Harris before the game and not sure if your opinion of him has changed at all but it was clear to me the stage was too big and he was just razzled. I don't have the stats and haven't seen them but I think you guys ran on an overwhleming majority of first downs and that just wasn't working when Lenny had 18 carries for 18 yards at one point before he bounced that one. I really like Doral and Dupree and Harris did throw that one dime on the corner blitz for 6 but I just don't know that even with a diff gameplan it would have worked. Would have been a really tall order for him to shoulder the load and it's kinda hard to envision the bama rush defense was going to be THAT dominant. I know this, I don't like Kevin Steele as a DC at all and Cameron is a real good pro-style OC, problem is, you guys haven't had a legit pro-style QB since Mett. Bama just has better players and depth right now, IMO.

Of course just like Florida will, but if either win they would obviously be in discussion, and if Iowa are undefeated they would be in I'm sure

yea I would think Iowa would get in for sure if they run the table and win B10 'ship

i don't see it personally, but yes

CK if I am yall I worry about Dak:shake:

Ya, I'm pretty concerned. Was making my lines and settled on Bama -6.5 and total of 46.5. I actually think Miss St is prob most likely candidate left on the schedule to score 20, until the bowls and who knows then based on matchup. Problem for Miss St is their OL. they have several guys hurt and I think they are gonna be in a lot of trouble there. They have big WR on the outside so again big plays are how you beat bama, not gonna sustain drives very much, but I think this will be a tight one.

It looked just like the 2011 Championship game CK.....just a shitty offensive plan

Ya, it was bad. Just don't know how I would have called it differently other than realizing it was time to abandon ship on the run on standard downs

we seem to be right there with you all

LOL at Iowa.....that side of the league. I mean, could they really be allowed in a playoff? No disrespect to Iowa fans at all, and I really like their coach

Yeah big 10 West just like the sec east.

And big ten east just like sec West...

A'shawn played probably the best game of his career last night. So did Adam Griffith, Dillon Lee, and Geno Smith. Good timing. Scary that A'shawn isn't even our best DL. I bet Reed goes higher in the draft, but they'll both be 1st rounders.

As for LSU play calling, it seems miles' plan in this series is to play conservative and get to the 4th quarter and force a mistake. Also similar to the 2011 championship game, it's almost as if they don't have a backup plan if their plan doesn't work. It was the option with Jefferson in New Orleans, Fournette last night.

The pro style QB is coming CK. Felipe Franks is on deck. LSU will finish number 1 in recruiting this year and the talent is legit...finally, a QB too in Franks

Question for both fan bases: How does your team perform against the spread the following week (this week) against the spread?

Seems I recall conversation that both teams are play against this week.

LSU def a play against week after for me just about every season. Arkansas getting 8.5 is the only side I liked at open in conf. Arkansas almost always either wins or keeps it within 7. That's just the trend, I like it a lot from a matchup perspective too.

Bama usually pretty sluggish as well but the disparity in talent between miss st and Bama has been great enough that it hasn't showed up on the scoreboard. Traditionally, miss st under Mullen struggles to score on Bama defense but think they can get close actually to matching last years total of 20. Bama has a massive edge at the LOS

LSU is still one of the biggest unknowns in college football. They could be a top 6 team or they could be somewhere around 20ish. I really have no grasp on them but I think the next 2 games will cement where they belong

Question for both fan bases: How does your team perform against the spread the following week (this week) against the spread?

Seems I recall conversation that both teams are play against this week.

Quick look at Phil Steele, we haven't covered the week after LSU since 2010. 4-1 SU last 5, the one loss was to Manziel in 2012. One thing that may help us this year as opposed to year's past was that our defense was only on the field for 47 plays and 20:33 of game time. Probably the freshest our defense has been after LSU in 10 years. Henry may be a little tired, and Drake was banged up at the end of the game, but this is the best we've come out of this game from an injury standpoint in a while.

Back