Three Loss LSU vs Alabama BIG One Thread

With coaching and LSUs horrific QB I think Bama wins by 2 or more scores (though their QB play is woeful too).

With coaching and LSUs horrific QB I think Bama wins by 2 or more scores (though their QB play is woeful too).
When people say "terrible" "horrific" QB for LSU, this year

it tells me they haven't watched Harris play this year

I don't think he is terrible, but he is certainly unproven. I'll pay to see him move the offense when LF isn't getting 7.6 yards a carry

The rain has me a bit worried. I really felt like BH was gonna test that secondary.....

we we will see with Harris on Sat night

I hate weather in marquee games even when it always favors bama

Agreed. Hate built-in excuses, and yes I'm aware of the irony of an Alabama fan complaining about excuses. We have an awful, unknowledgeable and loud fanbase.

Agreed. Hate built-in excuses, and yes I'm aware of the irony of an Alabama fan complaining about excuses. We have an awful, unknowledgeable and loud fanbase.

I thought the alabama fan base was known for being quiet and sitting on their hands during games?

I thought the alabama fan base was known for being quiet and sitting on their hands during games?

The folks who go to games, other than the no charge spring game, make up only about 20% of our fan base, and less than 1% of the ones that call into Finebaum and visit message boards

Still waiting on the Service Cat explanation twink

Really looking forward to this game this year

Bama is a public team, so line is inflated somewhat but not by much. Game just comes down to LSU RB. He can take over a game, and this Bama D isn't as good as in past years.

Bama is a public team, so line is inflated somewhat but not by much. Game just comes down to LSU RB. He can take over a game, and this Bama D isn't as good as in past years.

I think this is the second best defense Saban has had, behind the 2011 squad

I would have to disagree in regards to bolded unless you are referring to '09 and '11 which would be a fun discussion. 4th nationally in total defense, 3rd in defensive TD, 11th in scoring defense, 3rd in rush defense, 12th in interceptions, 7th in pass efficiency defense, projected 3 first rounders in the front 7 of the 2015 draft.

To me, the key to the game is pretty simple, first down. Who does better on first down getting manageable down and distances. Whoever does that best will win. Would not be shocked to see Henry have more yards than Fournette who was held to 79 yards on 21 carries last year in the game. Neither team ran well but if you pay attention to this series no RB has ever really won this game for his team, regardless of class or skill level.

LSU depth on defense is a concern thanks to injuries and the recruiting/development of two lazy ass staff members that now reside in Texas. If Alabama is able to sustain drives with any consistency, even if they don't result in points early, the second half could get ugly. Hopefully Alabama's OL issues continue and LSU is able to get off the field quickly more often than not.

I would have thought LSU wins this for sure until the committee released the playoff rankings. Now I lean to a more honest outcome which should mean bama by 5 or so.

I would have thought LSU wins this for sure until the committee released the playoff rankings. Now I lean to a more honest outcome which should mean bama by 5 or so.

I assume this is one of the games you'll enjoy watching this season, am I right? Definitely won't be basketball on grass

Word making the rounds is that Tre White is a no go for LSU. That likely means starting two true freshmen at corner or starting Mills, off significant injury and yet to play a full game, at corner and Jefferson at safety.

LaCatoure likely out at DT meaning only 3 bodies likely to take the majority of snaps there.

WOW, no question who is the better team

[TABLE="class: mod-data, width: 515"]
<thead style="box-sizing: border-box; border-bottom-width: thin; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(204, 204, 204);">[TR="class: header"]
[TH="align: left"]Matchup[/TH]
[TH]
i
[/TH]
[TH]
i
[/TH]
[/TR]
</thead><tbody style="box-sizing: border-box;">[TR="class: highlight"]
[TD="align: left"]1st Downs[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]28[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: indent"]
[TD="align: left"]3rd down efficiency[/TD]
[TD]3-11[/TD]
[TD]7-15[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]4th down efficiency[/TD]
[TD]0-0[/TD]
[TD]1-2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: highlight"]
[TD="align: left"]Total Yards[/TD]
[TD]182[/TD]
[TD]434[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]

[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

16 more first downs and 250 more yards

That was an ass whooping that wasn't done justice on the scoreboard

When Derek Henry has the ball he is a dead ringer for Eddie George. Upright running style but lowers for contact, not a juker, he never makes you miss by a lot and do ankle breakers or anything, he just sort of slithers past you. Under-rated speed in the open field too. Perfect comparison.

WOW, no question who is the better team

[TABLE="class: mod-data, width: 515"]
<tbody>[TR="class: header"]
[TH="align: left"]Matchup[/TH]
[TH]
i
[/TH]
[TH]
i
[/TH]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]1st Downs[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]28[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]3rd down efficiency[/TD]
[TD]3-11[/TD]
[TD]7-15[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]4th down efficiency[/TD]
[TD]0-0[/TD]
[TD]1-2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Total Yards[/TD]
[TD]182[/TD]
[TD]434[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

View attachment 39760

Was really pissed LSu scored there late. Hate it for Henry that he fumbled and the defense gave up another cheap one like Chubb got in garbage time. Fun defense to watch. Thought LSU was really fortunate to get 16. Not quite as thorough as the 2011 BCSNCG but a good spank, nonetheless.

I will say though, if Bama played that way, which they are capable of and it's frustrating they don't consistently enough this season to appease me, they will be tough for anybody to beat.

When Derek Henry has the ball he is a dead ringer for Eddie George. Upright running style but lowers for contact, not a juker, he never makes you miss by a lot and do ankle breakers or anything, he just sort of slithers past you. Under-rated speed in the open field too. Perfect comparison.

Heard Brandon Jacobs recently. Hard to find many comparisons for me but he and George are good, especially the uprightness of George. Good call.

Bit late to comment but Bama defense has been touted here and LSU defense has been very iffy all year...so looks like right result came about...

Back