THE week 3 BULLSHEET, FCS included

bull

Coattailing Cheerleader
THE week 3 BULLSHEET, 4th FCS game added

Last week's bullsheet went 3-4, with my FCS plays going 0-2. I apologize to any who followed me; I thought I had two outstanding picks, but---
Army getting 14 lost their QB early second quarter - he had completed 7 for 7 and 95 yards- and thereafter played as poor a game as I've seen in a long time. Ugly.
Final score- UNH 28 Army 10.
Richmond getting 15 trailed Virginia 3-0 mid 4Q. They missed two makeable FGs along the way, surrendered one TD and then gave up a pick-6 with 2 minutes to play.
Final score - Virginia 16 Richmond 0.
I'm a bit annoyed at myself for leaving winners on the table.
Coulda shoulda bet Idaho, an easy winner over Idaho St, and shoulda faded the two Colorado FBS teams, both of whom won late squeakers over their FCS opponents.

But on to this week, and so far I've played 3 home teams at the high early juice of -120. My write-ups are admittedly sketchy, and I do not maintain my own set of power rankings. However,each of my posted plays are supported- some of them strongly- by either Keepers or Sagarin or both.
James Madison +6 1/2 v UMass. - These are probably the two best teams in their league, and Phil Steele rates JMU the best. I won't argue with him; I'll just take the points with the home team.
Colgate + 17 1/2 v Furman.- This is a lot of points for the southern conf visitor to lay on the road against one of the Patriot League contenders.
William & Mary -13 1/2 v VMI. Despite the fact that Sparky Woods is the new head coach at VMI and they won their opener 49-0, that win was against maybe the worst team in the FCS ( St Francis, PA ) W & M have beaten VMI by something like 120 points over the past 3 years.
Maine -5 1/2 v Stony BrookAfter two road games in which they lost to iowa and won a miracle finish in the rain at Monmouth, Maine get their home opener against a team that is in a league 1 1/2 levels lower than the Colonial conf. Stony Brook made a move from the Monmouth conf to the Big South. They were not as good as Monmouth while playing in same conf.

Added on Friday evening
Duke -2 - The Blue Devils lost to the Midshipmen by 3 at Annapolis last year. What's different this year?
Duke returns a ton of experience, game is in durham, and both teams have new coaches. One has a good record in the tough SEC. The other I never heard of.
Nevada + 26 1/2 - A lot of points should be put up in this game. Nevada did a respectable job against hi-powered texas Tech last week. Now they go on the road against another Big XII power. A repeat of last week's effort and a Mizzouri defense that surrendered 42 to Illinois keeps this final under the number.
Florida Atlantic + 17 - I have to toss out FAU's loss to OU in this one. That leaves me with comparable wins against UAB and Eastern Mich. Which leaves the Spartan loss by 7 at Cal. That's worth 17 points. I'll take them. I also like OLD coaches.
Iowa State +13 1/2 These guys have treated me pretty well this year, and I rate their two opponents much better tests than the cupcakes the Hawkeyes played in rolling up 88-3. A tough interstate rivalry; and it's tough for me to pass up 13 1/2.
Michigan -2 You will love this one. Wife's son is a Michigan alum and I'm scolded and shut off if I don't bet on the Wolverines. That good enough for you?
I really don't want ND to get a BCS bowl bid and with their cupcake schedule, they have to lose this one for me

Last edited:
They missed two makeable FGs along the way

29 yards definitely qualifies as makeable. I was on the Spiders as well -- a brutal spot in a good weekend.

What do you guys think about the NDSU and Wyoming game?? The Bison are +5.5. I am taking NDSU all the way to the bank!! Cowboys are one of the worst teams in D 1.

Bull, just a FYI.... 5dimes is allowing +100 2 team 6pt teasers on FCS games...

Don't know how long that will last..... but I like it.

GL this week.

Thanks all for the good wishes :smiley_acbe:

I might add Maine to the FCS slate tomorrow but 5d still has games at -120.
Here are some FBS games that don't get much discussion.
Duke -2 - The Blue Devils lost to the Midshipmen by 3 at Annapolis last year. What's different this year?
Duke returns a ton of experience, game is in durham, and both teams have new coaches. One has a good record in the tough SEC. The other I never heard of.
Nevada + 26 1/2 - A lot of points should be put up in this game. Nevada did a respectable job against hi-powered texas Tech last week. Now they go on the road against another Big XII power. A repeat of last week's effort and a Mizzouri defense that surrendered 42 to Illinois keeps this final under the number.
Florida Atlantic + 17 - I have to toss out FAU's loss to OU in this one. That leaves me with comparable wins against UAB and Eastern Mich. Which leaves the Spartan loss by 7 at Cal. That's worth 17 points. I'll take them. I also like OLD coaches.
Iowa State +13 1/2 These guys have treated me pretty well this year, and I rate their two opponents much better tests than the cupcakes the Hawkeyes played in rolling up 88-3. A tough interstate rivalry; and it's tough for me to pass up 13 1/2.
Michigan -2 You will love this one. Wife's son is a Michigan alum and I'm scolded and shut off if I don't bet on the Wolverines. That good enough for you?
I really don't want ND to get a BCS bowl bid and with their cupcake schedule, they have to lose this one for me.
Best of luck to all in week 3. Unless, of course, you're fading me.

On nevada as well.

considering using florida atl in a teaser too ...

nice looking card. sorry for no fcs input this week.....

One game added on Saturday am.
Maine -5 1/2 v Stony Brook. My "write-up" has been added to first post in thread.

Have a great day, all.

Good luck with Maine Bull. I just have a hard time laying points with that stagnant offense they've had lately.

But they sure did shut down Rhode Island's option last year.

Back