The St Louis Rams Draft Thread.

Beyond that it gets screwy. Even speculating on the top 5 this year is a little screwy. Houston won't tip its hand.

If they are able to draft Watkins their receivers are as good as any in the league. The tight and combo is formidable, and Stacy is a franchise back. If Bradford can just be not terrible this team will be a contender

If I'm running the Rams, I draft Matthews over Watkins.

I don't know if this means shit, but the only WR drafted in the top 10 (I think?) to win a Super Bowl with the team that drafted him is Terry Glenn, and I don't think he even played in the game.

Well Watkins is the kind of guy Who some teams Gma will drool over so if you don't want him might as well trade down and get a package

I don't know if this means shit, but the only WR drafted in the top 10 (I think?) to win a Super Bowl with the team that drafted him is Terry Glenn, and I don't think he even played in the game.

I don't necessarily think that means anything. First off Randy Moss would have been if he wasn't a knucklehead off the field... Second guys like Calvin Johnson are doing just fine it's not his fault he has no ring

The team that drafted Cal Johnson ignored more pressing needs. Agree?

The Lions go to the playoffs with the regularity of the Browns.

Yes they have a notorious past for going wide receiver early when it was not necessary but I don't think there's any universe in which if they could redraft they would not take Calvin

I'm the rare guy who stands up on a table and fist pumps when my team drafts the best interior lineman available.

If you find a quarterback (big if, I admit) and have good offensive and defensive lines, you'll make the playoffs by accident.

I'm the rare guy who stands up on a table and fist pumps when my team drafts the best interior lineman available.

I actually think this is more common nowadays fans are a little bit more knowledgeable and understand how important that is... I was thrilled with the Eagles taking Lane Johnson

Last football game we saw. Did Manning have a bad day, or did Seattle win the line of scrimmage? And which team has better receivers? (And I bet Denver, stupid motherfucker.)

understood, no doubt int he past history has shown that elite offense vs elite defense super bowls tend to end up in favor of the defenses. but dont discount the offense that at least got denver there in the first place

Tip, you're assessment is spot on. Lineman is where it's at. Rams however have been so bad that I'm thinking weapons 1st if you can address trenches also. Rams can get the best weapon and also address the the oline with 2 high picks.

Lions drafts of the past have netted these wrs in the first or 2nd round.....calvin, charles rogers DRUGS/BUST, roy williams BUST, mike williams FAT/BUST, titus young AWOL/BUST, ryan broyles TORN ACL in college, TORN ACL pro TORN knee again/INJURY (that he was recovering from when you drafted him) you can add in skill players like RB Javid Best CONCUSSED/BUST and TE pettigrew whom they just resigned for a shit ton Mediocre at best and my least favorite Lion.

Now all the talk is trading up for Watkins or Mike Evans or staying put and taking Odell Beckham. When you have the best WR in the world, just resigned your fumbling tight end, and overpaid for Golden Tate. So if they are drafting a WR again, they are basically saying its a huge need and we made two stupid signings in the off season that didnt significantly improve our team, at a total of about 10 million a yr between the two.

This is what I deal with on a daily in Detroit and Lions fans (some of the most ignorant people in the universe) still want to see a WR taken and will line up in droves to buy the hype that the Fords sell to them, so they buy tickets.

To follow up on Tips point about WRs winning the big game

Only one QB since 2001 has been drafted in the top 10 picks and made first team all pro or won a super bowl.....eli manning

ONE, amazing!

You draft inside out, inside out, inside out.

Lions should be trading DOWN and getting more picks to build a defense and add an o lineman. Why is this so hard for them

because no want wants to trade up to the 10 spot. 75% of teams probably want to trade down and get more picks.. not that easy.

because no want wants to trade up to the 10 spot. 75% of teams probably want to trade down and get more picks.. not that easy.

bullshit, teams want to move up for beckham supposedly, for ebron perhaps, and once a player falls through the cracks and is there at 10 like maybe donald, clinton-dix, there will be offers.

every team basically gets at least an offer for their draft pick, obviously some arent great or even good, but they never trade down do they??? no the lions dont. they trade up, like for Best.

Yea, give away the draft for Sammy Watkins (who i do think is great btw), and then how have you improved your team overall? Still no defense and no 2nd rd pick to address it.

Would be entirely possible, other than perhaps scheme, the Lions will not have done one thing to improve their defense if they trade up for Sammy

Lions fans are ok with this, buy the hy......pe

trading up is largely dumb, there's too much value put on high picks via that stupid point chart that GMs still reference. I would love to trade back into the late teens/early 20s and pick up a second rounder if someone wants to trade to 10, just don't see it happening.

If sammy fell to 10 by some miracle i would love him, but trading up for him would be a bad move IMO. sammy doesnt turn that team into a playoff contender, and we wouldnt have any picks left after moving up to address those needs.

Call me crazy but im taking a rams sb future bet. The intent is to hedge in playoffs, but w a good draft this team could be the surprise of the year. Would not shock me if they finish ahead of the niners
They have a major division issue....

When I get a chance, I'll start a draft diary thread of my experience. An amazing time considering how fortunate I was to be 2 rows from the stage.
well needed picks by the Rams. We needed to improve in the trenches.

When I get a chance, I'll start a draft diary thread of my experience. An amazing time considering how fortunate I was to be 2 rows from the stage.
I'm sure many would love to read it :shake:

NFC West has such tough schedules next year I won't be surprised if only the division winner gets to the postseason although we know how much teams change from year to year, so the tough schedule may not play out that way

That game the Rams went up and clobbered Indy gave us a little glimpse. Think teedub nailed that one.

Did you meet Ivy?? ;)

But yeah that will be cool to read.

It's never easy to come up with reasons the team that last won the Super Bowl won't be good the following year. It just seems to happen a lot. Think the main reason is not a hell of a lot separates these teams.

To follow up on Tips point about WRs winning the big game

Only one QB since 2001 has been drafted in the top 10 picks and made first team all pro or won a super bowl.....eli manning

ONE, amazing!

Micheal Irvin and Ben Roesthlisberger were both selected at #11 so those are sort of a cherry picked stat.

steadman bailey suspended first 4 games....not a huge deal but i liked the kid...sucks for both draft "winners" rams and browns, days later each has a pretty big player suspended...of course gordon is a much bigger deal

SF... As long as Seattle is somewhat decent, their home-field advantage is going to make them hard to top...theyre a lock for 7 wins before you even look at their road schedule

why do you feel they move ahead of SF? Curious =)

steadman bailey suspended first 4 games....not a huge deal but i liked the kid...sucks for both draft "winners" rams and browns, days later each has a pretty big player suspended...of course gordon is a much bigger deal
I think it's a big deal that Stedman is out. I think he's a top 3 WR on this team. Mind boggling that they didn't go WR at all while dumping a lot of picks into the secondary. Also mind boggling is not landing another Olineman earlier in the draft. I love the Tre Mason pick but I think they should have gone oline in round 3 and then gone for Seastrunk later on. There were plenty of RB's who could have supplemented Stacy.
I've had enough of the Michael Sam coverage to make me ill. I want to see these guys play and help this team win. Getting bulldozed by the same non football related media coverage is enough to make me turn the channel every time they talk about the a Rams. Why does the media feel they need to show 2 men kissing each other over and over and over and over? It's a disgrace to force feed this.

Last edited:
Sam, getting a reality show now too?? wouldnt let anyone know until after he was drafted, i see his true colors coming through, no pun intended. i personally think the guy is a ego maniac from the start. everyone is over the fact your Yag, we get it now. most are happy you got drafted even though it was scripted. now i hope he gets cut. then the media will blame it on him being discriminated against. just the way it is.

i know a few Yag people and everyone of them said he is one of those who wants his flag to show, most don't and they were saddened how it went down on draft day.

I don't see the big deal here.. it's getting a little old but least this story has some cultural impact unlike tebow, the yankees, etc.

I don't see the big deal here.. it's getting a little old but least this story has some cultural impact unlike tebow, the yankees, etc.

sure it is, he said its all about football, no outside distractions. yet he wants cameras to follow him and his boyfriend during camp and get in the locker room to document this.

the nfl mad damn sure he would get drafted but i doubt they would have made a team draft him if they knew this, hence why he withheld this info.

Feel bad for the Rams, damned if they do, damned if they dont by not letting the media access to the locker room. The media will make the Rams out to be horrible if/when he gets cut. The media hates not getting access and will make them pay.

you realize he doesn't have a guaranteed contract and he's going to make money off of this right? good for him and his family, get it while you can. I don't think he's intentionally trying to be a distraction.. if he can have a positive light for the homosexual community while getting a paycheck, great. I don't think any of us would turn this down.

The red flag immediately goes up for me when he says the media is the one making a big deal about this and then he signs on with Oprah. Wow. Is it really about football? Who freaken cares what process he as an individual goes through making this team? Are you kidding me? Is this what Fisher drafted him for? I don't think so. This whole thing is a joke.

ive been an avid Rams fan since 1973. Yesterday was the 1st day in my life I actually thought this scenario could change my allegiance.

[FONT=verdana !important]At the scouting combine in February, Sam said he wanted the attention focused on his football abilities, not his sexual orientation. “I just wish you guys would just see me as Michael Sam the football player,” he said, “instead of Michael Sam the Yag football player.”[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana !important]And yet, as a statement from Winfrey reveals, this series is very much focused on the history Sam will be making.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana !important]“We are honored that Michael is trusting us with his private journey in this moment that has not only made history but will shape it forever,” said Winfrey, in a statement. “I am proud of the focus on authentic storytelling in our new documentary series format. The next real-life story we follow in ‘The Untitled Michael Sam Project’ promises to spark valuable, important discussion on life in America today. Acceptance and illumination start here.”[/FONT]

i dunno, if someone offered me half a mil to follow me around with some cameras I'd be good with it.

JFF has been filming commercials for months.. how is this that different?

i get what you guys mean to an extent too, and I'm already bored of the coverage, but I get why he's doing it I guess.

Yeah if he was drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round I doubt this show happens, but 7th round and likely won't make the team? Gotta cash now. Doesn't seem a really interesting watch to me though.

yeah i doubt anyone here watches it, i'm 100% pro michael sam and happy for the "movement" but I have no desire to watch... my gf who knows nothing about football on the other hand might be interested.

Back