• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

The Official LSU Thread

My post in Ramble's thread regarding the UNT/LSU game this weekend...

This will be Miles and Crowton's last chance to assess the QB situation before traveling to Auburn next week. I look for Crowton to open up the playbook and call plays to test his QB's, which means plenty of passing from LSU. LSU knows they can run the ball, so we won't risk injury of a RB or OL run blocking. All signs point to LSU obliterating UNT, but I am not going to lay 42 points when LSU is clearly looking ahead to Auburn.

And with a set total of 58.5 it eliminates the appeal of the over to me. We know LSU will be in the 30s or 40s by half, but will LSU's scoring hault when Crowton starts calling plays to really test Hatch and Lee? How many garbage points will LSU's defense allow? My best guess is 58-13.

Week 2 Bet

LSU -24 1H

As I mentioned above, I expect Crowton to open up the playbook and throw often to assess his QB's. Tulsa was up by 32 at half in UNT's first game, Kansas St was up by 28 at half last week, and I see no reason LSU should not be up at half by a margin bigger than 24. UNT wants to go there, play, and leave. UNT's HC has made comments about getting home after the game with Hurricane Ike making landfall (although with UNT being in Denton, I'm not sure what his concern is). If LSU is indeed looking forward to Auburn (and they are), it will come in the 2H once this game is on cruise control. LSU will be ready to play in the 1H after missing a game last week.

When these teams last met in the 2005-06 season, the line closed at 43.5 with a total of 59. LSU won 56-3 and was up at half by 25 points. Vegas must see similar make-up in this year's teams compared to that year's teams.

When these teams last met in the 2005-06 season, the line closed at 43.5 with a total of 59.

I'm pretty sure I bet that total at 48 on Sunday night. I think the Greek opened it at -44 and 48, if you can believe it. What a bunch of pansies they've turned into -- it's late Wednesday night, and totals still aren't up. Anyway, I recall Flynn throwing three TD's in the second half to cover the spread and send it over.

I'm pretty sure I bet that total at 48 on Sunday night. I think the Greek opened it at -44 and 48, if you can believe it. What a bunch of pansies they've turned into -- it's late Wednesday night, and totals still aren't up. Anyway, I recall Flynn throwing three TD's in the second half to cover the spread and send it over.

You're right, the total did close at 50.5. And Flynn did throw for 3 4Q TD's.

Wow -- they were all in the 4Q? I had forgotten that. Way to go for the cover, guys!

LSU -24 1H

As I mentioned above, I expect Crowton to open up the playbook and throw often to assess his QB's. Tulsa was up by 32 at half in UNT's first game, Kansas St was up by 28 at half last week, and I see no reason LSU should not be up at half by a margin bigger than 24. UNT wants to go there, play, and leave. UNT's HC has made comments about getting home after the game with Hurricane Ike making landfall (although with UNT being in Denton, I'm not sure what his concern is). If LSU is indeed looking forward to Auburn (and they are), it will come in the 2H once this game is on cruise control. LSU will be ready to play in the 1H after missing a game last week.

When these teams last met in the 2005-06 season, the line closed at 43.5 with a total of 59. LSU won 56-3 and was up at half by 25 points. Vegas must see similar make-up in this year's teams compared to that year's teams.

good luck BC

Has LSU found their new kicker?

Josh Lewis of Denham Springs High School (~10-15 mi outside Baton Rouge) kicked a 57-yard field goal against East Ascension High Thursday night. New Louisiana state record.

The first half of the North Texas game can be described as nothing more than worrisome. LSU had to punt and got stopped on a red zone possession. We are talking about the statistically worst defense in D1 football. LSU's defense can only carry the team so far. This will be a three or four loss season if Crowton cannot get Lee or Hatch or Jefferson to connect with receivers and manage the game.

The above being said, I still lean LSU and under next week in Auburn. LSU was forcing passing plays into the game tonight, they will do no such thing next week. The game will be close, so LSU can run throughout the game. This will alleviate the QB problem. The defenses will be tough as always, but Auburn's offense is learning a new system and seems confused. This does not mean they will not click versus LSU's young secondary. The homefield in this match-up has proved to be the deciding factor for many years, and this game has decided the SEC West champ for many years.

My best guess: Auburn -3 & 39

Dead Man

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 borderColorDark=black cellPadding=0 width=430 bgColor=#000058 borderColorLight=gray border=4><TBODY><TR><TD>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=430 bgColor=#000058 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=440 background=http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/aub/graphics/aub-mtt-bg.gif border=0>
<TBODY><TR><TD width=50>
number_button-76.gif

</TD><TD vAlign=center>[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Chaz Ramsey[/FONT]</TD>

</TR>

</TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=1 width=430 bgColor=#000058 border=0 valign="top">
<TBODY><TR>
<TD vAlign=top align=left width=105>
1360243.jpeg
</TD><TD vAlign=top width=321><TABLE width=321 bgColor=#000058 border=0 valign="top"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2>
profile.gif

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE width=160 align=top bgColor=#000058 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>
arrow.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=top>[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Class:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Sophomore[/FONT]

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>
arrow.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=top>[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Hometown:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Madison, Miss.[/FONT]

arrow.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=top>[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]High School:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Madison Central[/FONT]

</TD></TR></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD vAlign=top><TABLE width=160 align=top bgColor=#000058 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>
arrow.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=top>[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Height / Weight:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]6-4 / 289[/FONT]

arrow.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=top>[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Position:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]OL[/FONT]

arrow.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=top>[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Birthdate:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]08/22/1988[/FONT]

arrow.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=top>[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Experience:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1L[/FONT]

arrow.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=top>[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Major:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Undecided[/FONT]

</TD></TR></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD>

</TR>

</TBODY></TABLE>

</TD>

</TR>

</TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This is the prick that threw the illegal chop block directly at Dorsey's knee last year.

This poor bastard will have many cheap shots and late hits taken at him. He is in for one rough night.

It seems too obvious, and I do not like that. I have to roll with the under here. LSU is shaky at best at QB and are untested. Auburn was comparable to LSU in their two easy games, but we saw what a SEC defense did to that new spread system. LSU's defense has the speed to defend Auburn. Auburn has the pass defense to shut down the rookie QB for LSU. I believe the only offensive success in this game will be LSU running the ball, which plays into the under as well.

I have two worries:
  • big plays - LSU's WR tower over Auburn's CB's, and LSU's secondary is inexperienced so Auburn can confuse them easily.
  • defensive points - I would not be at all surprised by seeing multiple pick sixes throughout this game.

defensive points - I would not be at all surprised by seeing multiple pick sixes throughout this game.
Relax. Hallman and Howard are long gone.

Ironically, in '94 I was dating a Howard; now I'm married to a Hatch. That's got to be a good omen. Or something.

I just threw a nice chunk at the under 38.

Breakdown from local personality

Records: Auburn is 3-0 on the season with wins over UL-M 34-0, Southern Mississippi 27-13 and Mississippi State 3-2. LSU is 2-0 on the season with wins over Appalachian State 41-13 and North Texas 41-3. I give Auburn a slight edge on strength of schedule because of playing three games and the fact that they have played one SEC opponent on the road and went home with a win.

Coaching: Auburn is coached by Tommy Tuberville who has a 108-53 record as a head coach. LSU is coached by Les Miles who has a 64-27 record as a head coach. I think that Tuberville and Miles are two of the best coaches in the SEC and I will say that coaching is even.

Quarterbacks: Redshirt sophomore Andrew Hatch and redshirt freshman Jarret Lee have split time in the first two games for the Tigers and both quarterbacks have struggled a bit to make good decisions. Hatch has had a tendency to under-throw receivers, while Lee has had a tendency to overthrow receivers. Auburn quarterbacks have also had their problems in the early goings. Kodi Burns, who started one game in 2007, started the first two games this season for new offensive coordinator Tony Franklin and had his good and bad moments. Chris Todd, a 6'4" junior college transfer started the MSU game and was not very affective. Auburn has gone to the spread offense this season and I believe Burns who has 4.4 speed will start against LSU. Because of playing at home and the fact that Burns played in several games as a freshman, I give Auburn a slight edge at the quarterback position.

RBs: LSU is led by Charles Scott (5'11", 215, sophomore) who is having a great season. Trindon Holliday (5'5", 160, junior), Richard Murphy (6'1", 198, sophomore), Keiland Williams (5'11", 223, junior) and Stevan Ridley (5'11", 210, redshirt freshman) are very capable backup running backs. Auburn is also very deep at the running back position. Ben Tate (5'11", 215, junior) will likely start in place of senior Brad Lester (5'11", 205) who has an upper shoulder/neck injury. Mario Fannin (5'11", 210, sophomore) is also a quality back. Slight advantage LSU.

WRs: As a rule, Auburn has great wide receivers in the 6'3" to 6'4" range with great speed, but that is not the case this season. Robert Dunn (6'0", 180), Roderigus Smith (6'0", 180) and Montez Billings (6'3", 190) are the starters and they have great speed. LSU starting wide receivers are Brandon LaFell (6'3", 195, junior), Demetrius Byrd (6'2", 195, senior) and Chris Mitchell (6'2", 190, sophomore). I like LSU's receivers. Advantage LSU.

TEs: Auburn has two of the best TEs in the South in Tommy Trott (6'5", 250) and Gabe McKenzie (6'4", 255). LSU recruited both players and was in the final three. LSU starting tight end Richard Dickson (6'3", 240, junior) is as good as they come but there is a depth problem for the Tigers. Mitch Joseph (6'3", 245, freshman) is LSU's backup tight end. Advantage Auburn.

OL: LSU returns four starters, Brett Helms (6'2", 285, senior), Lyle Hitt (6'2", 285, junior), Herman Johnson (6'7", 351, senior) and Ciron Black (6'5", 315, junior) from the 2007 BCS national championship team. Joseph Barksdale is the lone new starter. Auburn started three freshmen linemen in 2007 in Lee Zimeba, Chaz Ramsey, and Ryan Pugh. Seniors Tyrone Green and Jason Bosley will be the other two starters this sason. The Auburn offensive line is very athletic and quick but they are still learning the blocking assignments in the spread offense. Advantage LSU.

Defensive line: LSU lost All-American Glenn Dorsey and he will be missed. Tyson Jackson, Ricky Jean Francois, Charles Alexander and Kirston Pittman return from the 2007 BCS national championship team and will be the starting four. LSU has great depth in Marlon Favorite, Tremaine Johnson, Rahim Alem and Al Woods as backup replacements. LSU might have the deepest defensive line in the nation. Auburn lost three starters off the 2007 team but the three new starters might be better than what they lost. Antonio Coleman (6'2", 250, junior) and Raven Gray (6'5", 250, junior) will be the starting defensive ends. Jake Ricks (6'4", 305, junior) and Derrick Marks (6'1", 290) are the two starting defensive tackles. Auburn's defensive line might be the quickest in the SEC. Advantage LSU.

Linebackers: From the 2007 BCS national championship team, LSU lost two starters in Luke Sanders and Ali Highsmith. Darry Beckwith was the only returning starter and a preseason All-SEC selection. Beckwith with down early in the first half last week against North Texas with a knee injury that will sideline the senior for several games. Jacob Cutrera will replace Beckwith and will be joined in the starting lineup by Kelvin Sheppard (6'3", 230, sophomore) and Perry Riley (6'1", 220, sophomore). Auburn has a great history of producing big, fast and physical linebackers. Tray Blackman (6'0", 220) Craig Steven (6'2", 220, sophomore) and Chris Evans (6'0", 220, senior) will be the three starters. Blackman is the real deal and makes tackles sideline to sideline. Advantage Auburn.

DBs: LSU returns starting safety Curtis Taylor from the 2007 BCS champion team but had to replace cornerbacks Chevis Jackson and Jonathan Zenon and FS Craig Steltz. Chris Hawkins (6'1", 180, junior) and Jai Eugene (5'11", 185, sophomore) are the starting cornerbacks. Harry Coleman will start at strong safety. Chad Jones and Danny McCray will play nickel back. Jones and Coleman are very physical players. Patrick Peterson will also see playing time at cornerback. Auburn lost their best cover cornerback in Patrick Lee and Aairon Savage will replace him. Jerraud Power, a two-year starter, will be the other starting cornerback. Zac Etheridge will start at SS and superstar Mike McNeil will start at FS. Auburn has more experience than LSU in the defensive backfield, but LSU has the best talent. Even.

Special teams: LSU returns field goal kicker Colt David who made 26 of 33 FGs and 63 of 63 extra points. Auburn returns Wes Byrum who made 17-23 FGs and 33-34 extra points. Auburn returns punter Ryan Shoemaker who averages 42.4 yards per punt. LSU is searching for a replacement for All- SEC punter Patrick Fisher. Auburn returns Robert Dunn to return punts and kicks. Trindon Holliday is LSU's new punt returner and will be deep on kick returns with Keiland Williams. Slight edge LSU because of Colt David and Trindon Holliday.

I will try to get a position-by-position analysis up later this week for MSU/LSU.

I didn't like the under last week after everyone including Kirk Herbstreit liked it, but oh well. Take away the pick six in the 2Q and the TD by LSU later in the 2H to compensate for the Lee pick six, and you have your under. As I mentioned above, pick six was one way in which the under would get screwed up. Once Herbstreit and Corso and Holtz picked Auburn, I knew LSU was money in the bank. I should have laid the three with my Tigers rather than bet the total. Hindsight is 20/20, so let's move on.

LSU off an emotional win last week and looking to a bye next week with Miss St sandwiched in between. I don't doubt LSU abuses MSU but laying over three TD's is a bit much.

LSU gets the win but falls just short of covering the spread. Play is Miss St catching the points on the road.

I will try to get a position-by-position analysis up later this week for MSU/LSU.

I didn't like the under last week after everyone including Kirk Herbstreit liked it, but oh well. Take away the pick six in the 2Q and the TD by LSU later in the 2H to compensate for the Lee pick six, and you have your under. As I mentioned above, pick six was one way in which the under would get screwed up. Once Herbstreit and Corso and Holtz picked Auburn, I knew LSU was money in the bank. I should have laid the three with my Tigers rather than bet the total. Hindsight is 20/20, so let's move on.

LSU off an emotional win last week and looking to a bye next week with Miss St sandwiched in between. I don't doubt LSU abuses MSU but laying over three TD's is a bit much.

LSU gets the win but falls just short of covering the spread. Play is Miss St catching the points on the road.

Say it ain't so. LSU is going to abuse Miss State like they do every year. State was pretty damn decent last year and lost 45-0 at home. I'm hammering game and half, Blue Chip, and you should too.

Say it ain't so. LSU is going to abuse Miss State like they do every year. State was pretty damn decent last year and lost 45-0 at home. I'm hammering game and half, Blue Chip, and you should too.

LSU was favored by 18 last year to start the season. Miss St seems to get better as the season goes on, as evidenced in their progress last year. I took LSU last year, but not this year. Emotional win over Auburn followed with a bye week as we prepare for Florida. I am recommending a play on MSU, but I'm not sure if I will bet it myself.

Word on the street is that Hatch is getting the start over Lee.

LSU was favored by 18 last year to start the season. Miss St seems to get better as the season goes on, as evidenced in their progress last year. I took LSU last year, but not this year. Emotional win over Auburn followed with a bye week as we prepare for Florida. I am recommending a play on MSU, but I'm not sure if I will bet it myself.

Word on the street is that Hatch is getting the start over Lee.

Thats the word I hear too bluechip. I still think LSU beats the shit out of them.1st half will be close but that Miss team will be gassed by the 2nd half tackling Scott and being on the field way to long.

yea it's an obvoius spot to lay an egg. i'm gonna watch this one from the sidelines

especially since MSU got their ass whipped last week

Regardless of the situation, LSU is at home, at night, and they are playing a team that they have dominated in years past and who is the worst they have been this year. I mean, State is god awful guys. They give up big plays on the ground every possession. Ass whipping.

They give up big plays on the ground every possession.

If Scott goes off for another 120+ yard game, will he enter the Heisman talk?

I am sure he will enter the Heisman race if he shreds Florida and UGA, but with another impressive game, would he enter talks as early as late September?

Local Personality

MSU will be the first team LSU has played this season who does not use the spread offense. MSU plays smack mouth power football with nothing fancy. The Bulldogs average 318 yards per game on offense holding their opponents to 308 yards per game. MSU averages 113 yards per game rushing and 204 yards per game passing. MSU opponents average 181 yards rushing and 126 yards passing. LSU averages 427 yards per game on offense and allows 257.7 yards per game. LSU averages 220 yards per game rushing and 207 yards per game passing.

QBs. Sophomore Wesley Carroll (6'1", 190) took over as the starting quarterback for MSU at mid season in 2007 and showed signs of becoming a solid SEC quarterback, but has not reached his potential yet. In four games this season Carroll has completed 51 of 95 passes for 528 yards and three touchdowns. Backup quarterback Tyson Lee has completed 30 of 45 for 291 yards. LSU will likely start Jarrett Lee against MSU. Lee has completed 27 of 50 passes for 382 yards. Andrew Hatch has completed 19 of 37 passes for 218 yards. True freshman Jordan Jefferson has only attempted one pass and it was incomplete. Advantage LSU.

RBs. MSU's top running back, Anthony Dixon, has rushed for 286 yards on 56 carries for a 5.0 average. Christine Ducre has carried the ball 30 times for 134 yards for a 4.6 average. LSU's leading rusher is Charles Scott with 398 yards on 44 carries for an amazing 9.0 yard per carry average. Andrew Hatch has gained 118 yards on 20 carries for a 5.9 average. Richard Murphy has gained 57 yards on 11 carries and Keiland Williams 49 yards on 12 carries. Advantage LSU.

OL. Mississippi State's offensive line only returns one starter in senior Anthony Strauder. The other four starting offensive linemen are sophomores. LSU returns four starters from the 2007 national championship team. The only new starter is sophomore Joseph Barksdale who is a future All-American. I do not believe MSU's defensive line can hold up against LSU's starting offensive line that averages 315 lbs. LSU's second offensive line averages 316 pounds per man and adds depth for the entire game. Huge advantage LSU.

WRs and TEs. Brandon McRae (6'4", 200, junior) leads MSU in receiving with 24 receptions for 210 yards and four touchdowns, Aubrey Bell has 17 catches for 152 yards. LSU's top receiver is Brandon LaFell with 15 receptions for 248 yards and three touchdowns. Demetrius Byrd has eight catches for 100 yards and two touchdowns. Chris Mitchel has five receptions for 89 yards and one touchdown. Advantage LSU.

DL. Mississippi State's defensive line has given up an average of 181 yards per game rushing, but they have been playing shorthanded because of injuries. LSU's defense line that consists of Tyson Jackson, Ricky Jean Francois, Charles Alexander and Kriston Pittman, has only allowed an average of 57 yards per game rushing. Huge advantage LSU.

LBs. MSU always has outstanding linebackers and the trend has continued for the 2008 season. Seniors Jamar Chaney (6'1", 236) and Dominic Douglas (6'2", 227) can run and are sure tacklers. LSU's starting linebackers for the MSU game will be sophomore Kelvin Sheppard (6'3", 230), junior Perry Riley (6'1", 220) and junior Jacob Cutrera (6'4", 227). Even.

DBs. Mississippi State's defensive backfield is the strength of their team. Free Safety Derek Peques and strong safety Keith Fitzhugh are very good. MSU's starting cornerbacks are Marcus Washington and Jasper 0’ Quinn. LSU‘s defensive backfield has looked great at times and bad at times. Free Safety Curtis Taylor and cornerback Chris Hawkins played very well against Auburn. Danny McCray and Harry Coleman had problems covering receivers against Auburn. Chad Jones and Jai Eugene have played well all season. Even.

Special teams. Derek Peques of MSU is an outstanding punt and kick returner and LSU will need to pay special attention to him. Peques has returned seven kicks for 195 yards for a 28.0 yard average. LSU's punt returns have not been consistent in the first three games. Chad Jones will likely return punts against MSU. Trindon Holiday and Keiland Williams will be returning kicks. Colt David will kick field goals and PATs for LSU. David made 26 of 33 field goals in 2007 and 63 of 63 PATs. David has made four of five field goal attempts and seven of seven PATs so far in 2008. Adam Carson of MSU kicked 10 of 13 field goals and 33 of 34 PATs in 2007. Advantage LSU.

34-10 LSU

As a side note, I will be in attendance at this game, beligerently drunk and contributing to the homefield advantage. With my addition to the game, I can no longer endorse a play on Miss St +24 :)

yeah this may be a no play for some but I cant see an ounce of relevance to a State endorsement

surely USC woke the Tigers up

the crowd will be insane with the first SEC home game and bourbon drinking weather

QB. Florida quarterback Tim Tebow won the Heisman award in 2007 and could repeat this season if the Gators win the SEC and national title. In 2007, Tebow was the first quarterback in history to pass and rush for at least 20 touchdowns in the same season. Tebow rushed for 23 and passed for 32 touchdowns. Tebow has completed 79 of 128 passes for 1,025 yards and eight touchdowns this season and has rushed for 157 yards on 61 rushing attempts for an average of 2.6 yards per carry. LSU will start Jarrett Lee who has completed 45 of 77 passes for 643 yards and six touchdowns. Andrew Hatch has completed 19 of 37 for 218 yards and one touchdown and will also receive playing time. The start will be Jarrett Lee's first SEC road start. I believe Lee and Hatch will play very well but they will take a back seat to Tim Tebow. Advantage Florida.

RBs. Chris Rainey leads the Gators in rushing with 220 yards on 31 carries for an average of 7.1 yards per carry. Jeffery Demps has rushed 13 times for 178 yards. Percy Harvin has carried the football 27 times for 177 yards. Charles Scott leads LSU and the SEC in rushing with 540 yards on 71 carries for a 7.5 average per carry. Richard Murphy has carried the football 13 times for 70 yards. Keiland Williams has gained 66 yards on 15 carries. Advantage LSU.

WRs. Percy Harvin leads Florida in receiving with 19 receptions for 284 yards and three touchdowns. Lewis Murphy has 17 receptions for 237 yards. A. Hernandez has 13 receptions for 140 yards. LSU is led in receiving by Brandon LaFell with 22 receptions for 348 yards and six touchdowns. Demetrius Byrd has 10 receptions for 153 yards and three touchdowns. Richard Dickson has eight receptions for 94 yards and one touchdown. Chris Mitchell has caught nine passes for 89 yards and one touchdown. Even.

OL. Florida has a rebuilt line and has lost a player or two for the season. LSU's offensive line is one of the best in the nation and in great shape health-wise. Advantage LSU.

Defense. Florida's defensive line is very young with three new starters from the 2007 team. Defensive end Jermaine Cunningham is the leader in the defensive line and can cause trouble with opposing teams' quarterbacks. LSU's defensive line is led by Tyson Jackson, Kirston Pittman, Charles Alexandria and Ricky Jean Francois. Advantage LSU.

LBs. Florida has three very outstanding starting linebackers led by Brandon Spikes who I believe is the best in the SEC. A. J. Jones and Dustin Doe are also very good. LSU will receive a huge boast this Saturday night with the return of Darry Beckwith. Kelvin Sheppard, Perry Riley and Jacob Cutrera have also been playing very well. Advantage Florida.

DBs. The defensive backfield has been the weakness of both teams this season. LSU's best defensive backs are Curtis Taylor, Chris Hawkins and Jai Eugene. Chad Jones, Harry Coleman and Danny McCray are great at making tackles but have had trouble covering receivers one on one. Florida's best defensive back is sophomore Joe Haden who started as a true freshman. EVEN

Special Teams. Florida’s Brandon James has returned 14 punts for 287 yards for a whopping average of 21 yards per return. James has also returned 10 kickoffs for 298 yards. Chas Phillips has punted 19 times for an average of 45 yards per punt. Jonathan Phillips is six for six in kicking field goals with the longest being 40 yards. For LSU, Trindon Holiday has returned 7 punts for 176 yards including a 92-yard return for a touchdown. Chad Jones has returned four punts for 64 yards. On kick returns, Keiland Williams has returned six kicks for 140 yards. Holiday has returned two kicks for 48 yards. As for field goal kicking, Colt David had make six of seven with the longest being 46 yards. Brady Dalfrey has punted 15 times for a 38.9 average. Even.

"Hatch will most likely play the third and sixth series of the game."
"LSU would treat Tebow as if he was a running back."

Quotes taken from Miles weekly radio show last night. Looks like Timmy is going to have to beat LSU with his arm.

50% chance of t'storms ... this could bode very well for LSU to grind it out on the ground and control the LOS

Blue my thoughts exactly concerning the weather.
It surely shouldnt hurt our chances.

I always consider rain a bad thing for the home team and of course the fast team.
I think both of these teams are pretty fast but clearly Florida has a speed edge at the skill positions.

As for Hatch I mean no bad will to the guy but he should probably be the 3rd string QB.

Maybe he is best suited for creating new trick plays for the offense.

Young team that played an overrated Auburn team. We didn't control the LOS and we didn't take the crowd out of the game early. I've been saying that Lee cannot read coverage schemes but that did not improve. I can't say I'm surprised that we lost, I just expected a better performance than this lawn chair folding act.

Time will tell.

Judge this team after the next two games of South Carolina on the road and Georgia at home. I hoped for 2 of 3 in this three-game stretch so if we lose to UF and beat both SC and UGA, then I will be happy.

Bottom line is what I expect before the season began, SEC teams would beat up on themselves, and let USC play the B12 champ for it all ... although Joe Pa has something to say about it.

Young team that played an overrated Auburn team. We didn't control the LOS and we didn't take the crowd out of the game early. I've been saying that Lee cannot read coverage schemes but that did not improve. I can't say I'm surprised that we lost, I just expected a better performance than this lawn chair folding act.

Time will tell.

Judge this team after the next two games of South Carolina on the road and Georgia at home. I hoped for 2 of 3 in this three-game stretch so if we lose to UF and beat both SC and UGA, then I will be happy.

Bottom line is what I expect before the season began, SEC teams would beat up on themselves, and let USC play the B12 champ for it all ... although Joe Pa has something to say about it.

i ronically i wasnt upset with Lee's play at all. But I never saw florida completely dominating the line of scrimmage like that on both sides of the ball. In fact , who on lsu played better than Lee ?????? He had ok numbers and while a few of his passes were not perfectly placed it seemed like he never got bailed out by an effort from the receiver.

Oline did nothing , scott did nothing , defense gave up something like 7.5 yards per play or thereabouts.

Did not see physical domination coming ... bleh. Another losing bet for me.

He had ok numbers and while a few of his passes were not perfectly placed it seemed like he never got bailed out by an effort from the receiver.

I can immediately recall two passes that would have resulted in scores. One behind LaFell and one away from Tolliver. Add in the pass directly into Brandon Spikes chest for a pick six.

But I agree that losing the battle of the LOS on both sides was the biggest surprise to me. I knew our DBs could not defend UF WRs, so getting pressure on Timmy Jhorts Tebow was crucial. We did not do it and UF drove down the field multiple times.

You kmow I'm biased, but I'm not sure what Lee gives you is enough to offset that tendency to throw pick-sixes.

Shaky 1st half at SC, but I really liked the defensive adjustments coaches made in the 2nd half. Peveto and Mallory could be in the process of bringing back the aggressive, attacking defense of the Saban days. A 7pt win at SC is what UGA did earlier in the season, so I'm happy with it. I didn't post in here but I did in ETG's thread that I liked LSU -3 last week. Onto this week...

I'm going to try to be better with offering insight and updating this thread.

Injury Report:

RJF has been working out with the team and there's a 50-50 chance he will play against Georgia.

Darry Beckwith, who played against South Carolina at about three-quarters speed, is expected to be near 100 percent for Georgia.

DD gives a breakdown

LSU averages scoring 31.2 points per game, Georgia averages 31.7. LSU allows 21.5 points, Georgia allows 17.7. LSU rushes for 178 yards per game and gives up 96.7. Georgia rushes for 169 yards per game and allows 61.0 yards per game. LSU averages 220 yards per game passing and allows 198.5. Georgia passes for 266 yards per game and allows 209. LSU averages 399 yards per game total offense and allows 295 yards per game. Georgia averages 429 yards per game on offense and allows 270.

QB: Matthew Stafford of Georgia, a 6'3", 227 junior and a three-year starter, has completed 124 of 203 passes for 1,967 yards and 10 touchdown and has thrown five interceptions in seven games . Jarrett Lee of LSU has completed 81 of 146 passes for 1,041 yards and eight touchdowns and threw six interceptions. Andrew Hatch has completed 23 of 43 for 260 yards and two touchdowns. Advantage Georgia.

Running backs: Knowshon Moreno has rushed for 789 yards on 128 carries and 11 touchdowns. Caleb King has rushed for 260 yards on 53 carries. Charles Scott of LSU has rushed for 638 yards on 99 carries for a 6.4 average per carry. Keiland Williams has rushed for 137 yards on 32 carries. Slight advantage Georgia.

WR: A.J. Green of Georgia has caught 36 passes for 573 yards and four touchdowns, M. Massaquoi has caught 25 passes for 350 yards. Brandon LaFell of LSU has 33 receptions for 462 yards. Demetrius Byrd has 19 receptions for 295 yards. Richard Dickson has 16 receptions for 154 yards. Even.

OL: LSU has four returning starters from the 2007 BCS national champion team. Georgia's offensive line is made up of two freshmen, two sophomores and one junior. I believe LSU's front four on defense will be more than the young Georgia offensive line can handle. Advantage LSU.

DL: Georgia's defensive line returns seven of the team's top eight defensive linemen and they are very fast off the edge. LSU lost Glen Dorsey from the 2007 BCS national championship team, but the Tigers' defensive front has great speed and is very physical. Advantage LSU.

LBs: Georgia's linebackers are big, fast, very young and very good. LSU's linebackers played great at South Carolina and Kelvin Sheppard and Perry Riley, both from Georgia, will be fired-up to play the Bulldogs. Also, Darry Beckwith will be near 100 percent. Slight advantage LSU.

DBs: The strength of the Georgia team on defense is their defensive backs. Georgia returns three starters from the 2007 defensive backfield which was one of the best in the NCAA. LSU's defensive backfield has been a sore spot for the Tigers this season but has plenty of talent and will improve as the season goes. Advantage Georgia.

Special teams: Georgia has returned 16 punts for 335 yards for a 21.0 yard average. LSU has returned 15 for 262 for a 17 yard average. Georgia has returned 24 kicks for 518 yards for a 21.5 average. LSU has returned 26 for 494 yards and a 19.0 average. Georgia has punted 25 times for a 42.5 average. LSU has punted 26 times for a 40.3 average. Georgia has made 11 of 15 field goals. LSU has made nine of 10. Even.

holla at ya boy

Knowshon Moreno
(908) 902-0587 cell

Give him a call, tell him who you have money on, and see if he can work any favors

:tiphat:

So you like LSU this week? I think it's a favorable matchup as Georgia is a pretty traditional style. LSU has home field and if they win the running battle they win the game IMO and I like their chances to do that.

So you like LSU this week? I think it's a favorable matchup as Georgia is a pretty traditional style. LSU has home field and if they win the running battle they win the game IMO and I like their chances to do that.

I think LSU stands a chance to win any game they play if their defense plays up to potential and the O-line does not fold like they did in Gainsville. If LSU cannot get pressure on Stafford, then he will slice up LSU's young secondary. If UGA cannot control the LOS when on defense, then LSU will run on them all day.

Too many "what if" scenarios for me to guess the outcome with any confidence, but it is hard not to like the home team in conference play when that home team has arguably the biggest homefield advantage in the nation. On paper, I think these teams are evenly matched, but as they say, the game is not played on paper. Truthfully, my biggest concern is getting pressure on Stafford. If that happens, then LSU wins. Bama showed a straight-forward smash mouth approach on offense is effective, and LSU can play that style.

Back