The NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

While she has no parts that may resemble him, she looks like she could be the sister of the Karate Kid!

^^^

that's what most people were saying last season...

I'm not saying it' can't happen, but odds are against it....

people think without Osi and Strahan they are done.. that's what they thought with Tiki and Luke Petitgout gone last year...

the fact remains that the giants have depth that is very capable of stepping up...

with Manning as a starter, they went 11-5 and won the division in 05', they went 8-8 when half the team went down in 06' with injuries and still made the playoffs, and they went 10-6 and won the Super Bowl last year...

it's funny how Manning has never produced a losing season as a starter and most people still keep predicting it... I'm thinking so that they can look like geniuses if and when it happens... but odds are, it won't this year.

I'm just messing with you Giants lovebirds.

My team sucks

<-----

But I do like them tonight vs. the Chargers! lol

^^^ cool then.. hehe..

as for tonight, I don't even think any of the starters are playing.. probably for either team.. but who knows... gl with the play though... I hope you hit it bud.

# The Giants are going with two Quarterbacks - Eli Manning and David Carr. They released both Anthony Wright and rookie Andre Woodson. The Giants have ALWAYS carried three QBs so this is a surprising move. # Brandon London was cut, I’m sure he will catch on with somebody, I just hope it isn’t Philly. # Also released were DE Wallce Gilberry, DE Alex Morrow, TE Jerome Collins, CB Darren Barnett, and OL Digger Bujnoch. # As for the guys on the bubble, it sounds like Sinorice Moss, R.W. McQuarters and Sam Madison will all make the team. # UPDATES: Add OL Na’Shan Goddard to the cut list. # The Giants also signed 44 year old kicker John Carney. I wonder if we now have the oldest kicker/punter combo of all time with he and Jeff Feagles. The Giants cut kicker Josh Huston (good riddance). # More cuts: CB Geoffrey Pope, S Stewert Schweigert, FB Robert Douglas, WR Marcus Monk, LB James Terry, OL Cliff Louis, OL Kurt Quartermain, TE Eric Butler, DT Ogemdi Nwagbuo. # Jerry Reese only needs to cut one more player. A few players are not checking out of the team hotel, and it looks like they will be signed to the practice squad.

The Giants are going with two Quarterbacks - Eli Manning and David Carr. They released both Anthony Wright and rookie Andre Woodson.

a little surprised with Wooden being boosted... figured he'd make the team considering he was drafted and was at one point considered a high potential draft pick.

The Giants also signed 44 year old kicker John Carney. I wonder if we now have the oldest kicker/punter combo of all time with he and Jeff Feagles.

that's funny... I guess cause it's probably true... lol.

Let's go Big Blue!

:cheers:

# The Giants are going with two Quarterbacks - Eli Manning and David Carr. They released both Anthony Wright and rookie Andre Woodson. The Giants have ALWAYS carried three QBs so this is a surprising move.

turns out Wright wasn't cut... he was put on IR...

Here is the official 23 cuts/IRs:

Injured reserve:

QB Anthony Wright (neck), LT Guy Whimper (foot), C Digger Bujnoch (knee)

Cut:

S Stuart Schweigert, QB Andre’ Woodson, OL Andrew Bain, OL Kurt Quarterman, OL Clifford Louis, OL Na’Shan Goddard, FB Robert Douglas, TE Eric Butler, TE Jerome Collins, WR Brandon London, WR Marcus Monk, DE Wallace Gilberry, DE Alex Morrow, DT Ogemdi Nwagbuo, DT Jeremy Clark, LB Tank Daniels, LB James Terry, CB Geoffrey Pope, CB Darren Barnett, K Josh Huston.

The current 53-man roster:

QB (2): Eli Manning, David Carr

RB (5): Brandon Jacobs, Derrick Ward, Ahmad Bradshaw, Reuben Droughns, Danny Ware

FB (1): Madison Hedgecock

WR (6): Plaxico Burress, Amani Toomer, Steve Smith, Mario Manningham, Dominek Hixon, Sinorice Moss

TE (3): Kevin Boss, Michael Matthews, Darcy Johnson.

OL (8): Shaun O’Hara, Rich Seubert, Chris Snee, Kareem McKenzie, David Diehl, Kevin Boothe, Adam Koets, Grey Ruegamer.

DL (8): Justin Tuck, Mathias Kiwanuka, Fred Robbins, Barry Cofield, Renaldo Wynn, Dave Tollefson, Jay Alford, Rodney Leisle.

LB (7): Antonio Pierce, Gerris Wilkinson, Danny Clark, Chase Blackburn, Zak DeOssie, Bryan Kehl, Jonathan Goff.

DB (10): Aaron Ross, Corey Webster, James Butler, Michael Johnson, Kevin Dockery, Sam Madison, R.W. McQuarters, Sammy Knight, Kenny Phillips, Terrell Thomas.

P (1): Jeff Feagles.

K (2): Lawrence Tynes, John Carney.

More reason for Giants haters to eat crow http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2008/08/report-giants-talking-with-mcd.html UPDATE: An NFL source confirmed the report below that McDougle did arrive in New Jersey last night and has been talking with the Giants about a contract today. It’s not clear yet whether he’s signed, but practice begins momentarily, so if he’s out there, I’ll let you know. *** Ex-Philadelphia Eagle DE Jerome McDougle spent last night in New Jersey talking with the Giants, according to a report out of Philadlelphia this morning. In fact, the reporter - a former Eagles player who’s now in the media - “almost” guaranteed that McDougle will sign with the Giants today. tell me how we dont have depth again

a little surprised with Wooden being boosted... figured he'd make the team considering he was drafted and was at one point considered a high potential draft pick.

Blitz, don't know if u heard this, but Woodson couldn't handle the snaps from center - to the point that they had to take him out at the end of the game vs the Pats and put Carr back in b/c Woodson just couldn't get it...

^^^

no, I hadn't heard that... I didn't watch the game... but that's pretty sad if he couldn't even get the snaps....

I just hope Eli doesn't plan on going down this season.. hehe.

Man, seems like everyone is on the Skins. Maybe I am just a homer. But the line keeps rising!

:popcorn:

I think the Giants win by 1, 3 or 4. The NFC East is too good to be laying pts like someone else mentioned in a post on here.

I really have no idea what to expect to see from Washington offense nor does there team from what i have read. Clinton Portis was asked and he said something along the lines of the Skins looking to exploit the best matchup they can in a game. A lot different he said from going into a game and always having the mentality they are gonna have to win a 20-17 type game pounding the run like they did last year.

Giants 21-20 sounds about right but no real confidence in it all.

Good luck to all who venture into the water tonight.

attachment.php
attachment.php

1 hr 56 min

:smiley_acbe:

i wasnt impressed, the skins were one score from covering, any other team would have done it, the gianst are not that good..cant lay points with em, a good dog play

the Redskins got their one td off a big kick return and a Giants penalty that gave them half the distance to the goal...

The Skins only had 209 total yards and didn't even complete their first pass til' about a minute left for halftime...

I wasn't impressed with the Giants settling for field goals, but there wasn't much to be impressed by the skins at all...

it's true, after all the dominating the Giants did last night, the skins still could have found a way to somehow cover, but the Giants could have just as easily made last night a blowout...

you don't have to be impressed with anything... and you may be right about the Giants not being good to take as chalk, but the fact remains last night they were.... and I sure hope that line didn't go up to 6 and make you bet even more on the skins like you said you were going to do if it did.

Darn it Blitz. It looked like an easy victory for the G-Men but talk about cutting it close for a cover. Those last few throws into the endzone by the skins were nerve wracking for those who took the skins. Any catch and they would have covered. :15_10_5:

^^^

kinda reminds you of our conversation two years ago.. huh?

remember when Giants were favored by 9.5 and they were up 19-3 and they dominated Tampa the whole game... then Gradkowski starts driving the ball in the last few minutes and gets em' to the 20 or so.. then he starts chunking some balls to the endzone... geez... a td woulda killed the half point there.

maybe it's something about Giants football and relaxing too much with a lead.. hehe.

Back