The March to 73...

That's the guy. Who cares though? Guy doesn't like the anthem.

Our national anthem sucks. It's hard to sing, it's hard on the ears. Comparitively, Canada's is better. And there are hundreds of reverant alma maters that run circles around the anthem. I guess we're stuck with it.

Born here, lives here, makes millions here, but somehow he's "oppressed". Ok...

Oh c'mon. He would have probably been standing next to a couple murderers and rapists who love America.

Besides, I think we've all seen what Phil Jackson's credentials as a "talent" evaluator are when Jerry Krause or Mitch Kupchak aren't involved...

I mean, let's put this guy's stance in perspective. He converted to Islam, I assume. This was way pre-911. People of that faith aren't always down with the American flag or horrible songs. So what?

I mean, let's put this guy's stance in perspective. He converted to Islam, I assume. This was way pre-911. People of that faith aren't always down with the American flag or horrible songs. So what?
There's no inherent hypocrisy then? While I agree that playing the anthem is outdated, at the same time, c'mon...

I'd say he was ahead of his time, not hypocritical. He used his platform as a pro athlete to peacefully protest. We could use more of it, not less. Unfortunately, they're almost all retards.

Well, let's just agree to disagree so as not to derail BAR's thread any further. Plus, I don't want spanishshark coming in here and dropping the hammer on us...

I'd say he was ahead of his time, not hypocritical. He used his platform as a pro athlete to peacefully protest. We could use more of it, not less. Unfortunately, they're almost all retards.
Protest what? At least there was some context for Tommie Smith and John Carlos. Beyonce probably has a stronger case than he did...

Protest what? At least there was some context for Tommie Smith and John Carlos. Beyonce probably has a stronger case than he did...

I can't even remember the guy's career path, so I don't know what his beef was. It probably came from the heart. What's more obscene, an American Muslim who has a problem with US policy, or Michael Jordan using the flag to conceal a Reebok logo?

But to steer BAR's thread back home, I don't see this team not doing it, they have to have a lot of home games left, they've been on the road for three weeks.

Three games left with the Spurs including two in SA. Those will be must watch games and will let us know if they break the record or not.

We stopped. Hey, someone else brought up the Tourette's guy.

Who needs Curry, when you got Lull :)

[video=youtube;uRAtUYIFFVs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRAtUYIFFVs[/video]

What's crazy about this run is they're only 3.5 games ahead of the Spurs. Lost in all this is how great and consistent the Spurs are. And with 3 head to head games left Spurs are right there. Props to SA.

What's crazy about this run is they're only 3.5 games ahead of the Spurs. Lost in all this is how great and consistent the Spurs are. And with 3 head to head games left Spurs are right there. Props to SA.

Spurs on pace for 69.5 wins.

Unreal.

Not that I think the Spurs care but yeah this could turn tight.

I think that Durant is the worst possible thing for GSW if they break the record and win the title. The expectations will be such, that I think no team can live up to them...
If they fail however in one of the two things, then it should be a great idea.

Bringing Iggy was a no brainer - they didn't give up anything for it, if I remember correctly. As for Livingston, it's Kidd the one that saved his career. He made him a starter in Brooklyn, before Warriors lured him away...

Btw, do you think that with Jackson, Warriors wouldn't have won the title last year?

No, don't think he was a good coach, not good with matchups, rotations and don't think the players would play as hard for him as they do for Kerr..

Now it gets interesting.

This Lakers game might be a good wake-up call for Dubs.

Spurs just 2.5 back. I think both teams end up in high sixties with maybe dubs around 71-72. We shall see.

Golden State should easily get over 70 wins. Will be shocked if the fail (without injuries problem). Can they get to 73 - this is the big question. I also wonder if Pop wants to stop them from getting there. If Dubs win one of the two games in SA, they should get to 72 wins at least. They played in all the problematic spots like Oklahoma, Chicago, Cleveland, LA, Toronto and so on... they won't lose more than two home games and got 6 road games till the end of the season.
It will be decided in Alamo...

[h=3]REMAINING SCHEDULE[/h][TABLE="class: data, width: 660"]
<tbody>[TR="class: datahead, bgcolor: #333333"]
[TD]Date[/TD]
[TD="width: 25%"]Vs[/TD]
[TD="width: 28%"]Last Vs[/TD]
[TD="width: 20%"]Odds[/TD]
[TD="width: 9%"]Result[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: datarow"]
[TD]03/07/16 Mon[/TD]
[TD]Orlando[/TD]
[TD]02/25/16 W 130-114[/TD]
[TD]-8/224[/TD]
[TD]W/O[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]03/09/16 Wed[/TD]
[TD]Utah[/TD]
[TD]12/23/15 W 103-85[/TD]
[TD]-14/207[/TD]
[TD]W/U[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]03/11/16 Fri[/TD]
[TD]Portland[/TD]
[TD]02/19/16 L 105-137[/TD]
[TD]-8/224.5[/TD]
[TD]L/O[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]03/12/16 Sat[/TD]
[TD]Phoenix[/TD]
[TD]02/10/16 W 112-104[/TD]
[TD]-16/221[/TD]
[TD]L/U[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]03/14/16 Mon[/TD]
[TD]New Orleans[/TD]
[TD]10/31/15 W 134-120[/TD]
[TD]-5.5/211[/TD]
[TD]W/O[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]03/16/16 Wed[/TD]
[TD]New York[/TD]
[TD]01/31/16 W 116-95[/TD]
[TD]-10.5/218[/TD]
[TD]W/U[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]03/18/16 Fri[/TD]
[TD]@ Dallas[/TD]
[TD]01/27/16 W 127-107[/TD]
[TD]-17.5/214[/TD]
[TD]W/O[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]03/19/16 Sat[/TD]
[TD]@ San Antonio[/TD]
[TD]01/25/16 W 120-90[/TD]
[TD]-4.5/211[/TD]
[TD]W/U[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]03/21/16 Mon[/TD]
[TD]@ Minnesota[/TD]
[TD]11/12/15 W 129-116[/TD]
[TD]-10/210.5[/TD]
[TD]W/O[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]03/23/16 Wed[/TD]
[TD]L.A. Clippers[/TD]
[TD]02/20/16 W 115-112[/TD]
[TD]-4/228[/TD]
[TD]L/U[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]03/25/16 Fri[/TD]
[TD]Dallas[/TD]
[TD]01/27/16 W 127-107[/TD]
[TD]-17.5/214[/TD]
[TD]W/O[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]03/27/16 Sun[/TD]
[TD]Philadelphia[/TD]
[TD]01/30/16 W 108-105[/TD]
[TD]-16.5/218[/TD]
[TD]L/U[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]03/29/16 Tue[/TD]
[TD]Washington[/TD]
[TD]02/03/16 W 134-121[/TD]
[TD]-10/227[/TD]
[TD]W/O[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]03/30/16 Wed[/TD]
[TD]@ Utah[/TD]
[TD]12/23/15 W 103-85[/TD]
[TD]-14/207[/TD]
[TD]W/U[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]04/01/16 Fri[/TD]
[TD]Boston[/TD]
[TD]12/11/15 W 124-119[/TD]
[TD]-5/214.5[/TD]
[TD]P/O[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]04/03/16 Sun[/TD]
[TD]Portland[/TD]
[TD]02/19/16 L 105-137[/TD]
[TD]-8/224.5[/TD]
[TD]L/O[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]04/05/16 Tue[/TD]
[TD]Minnesota[/TD]
[TD]11/12/15 W 129-116[/TD]
[TD]-10/210.5[/TD]
[TD]W/O[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]04/07/16 Thu[/TD]
[TD]San Antonio[/TD]
[TD]-4.5/211[/TD]
[TD]W/U[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]04/09/16 Sat[/TD]
[TD]@ Memphis[/TD]
[TD]11/11/15 W 100-84[/TD]
[TD]-7/200[/TD]
[TD]W/U[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]04/10/16 Sun[/TD]
[TD]@ San Antonio[/TD]
[TD]-4.5/211[/TD]
[TD]W/U[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]04/13/16 Wed[/TD]
[TD]Memphis[/TD]
[TD]11/11/15 W 100-84[/TD]
[TD]-7/200[/TD]
[TD]W/U[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

They can overlook Dallas, thinking of the Spurs, but their set of mind needs to be to get to the first game in SA without any more losses.

Right now, If I would get even odds, I think I would have taken them on GSW to at least tie the record. Curry would worry me a bit if I'm Dubs fan. He been going through many bad quarters, despite heating up in some. His ankle or something bothering him I think...

The majority of those games are home games so that helps. Obviously the SA games are going to be the tough ones. But that Laker loss will get them focused and where they need to be. Regardless of what any coach or player says, I know these guys want to break the record.

56-6. 20 games left. If they go 16-4, they tie the Bulls record. 17-3 and they break the record. We shall see.

68-7. 7 games left. 5 of them at home, and 2 on the road. If, and when they break this streak, I don't know if it'll be done in our lifetime again. It's such a hard thing to do to be on your game for the full year taking everybody's best punches. With a 5 game lead over SA, I'm pretty sure Pops will lay down and rest players. If I had to guess I think they go 6-1 the final 7 and end with a 74-8 record. That's crazy.

I think that GSW will lose in SA, but other than that... probably smooth sail... 74 - 8 is almost a lock imo...

I think that GSW will lose in SA, but other than that... probably smooth sail... 74 - 8 is almost a lock imo...
Yeah. I hope Pops plays everybody when GS plays SA in SA. Undefeated at home, the Spurs deserve to keep it that way and try and win. I know these things mean little to Pops but hopefully the players will want to win it and convince him to play.

Any concern, cog, that they shoot their wad in pursuit of history while their rivals rest up for the playoffs?

Any concern, cog, that they shoot their wad in pursuit of history while their rivals rest up for the playoffs?
Yeah, a little. These past few weeks they have been taxed mentally and physically and it can come back to haunt them in the playoffs. But they're young, and in the playoffs there's no back to back so I think they should be good. Guys who are injured are getting rest though: Iggy and Ezeli. I'd like to see Curry get a little rest. But one thing they can do to get more rest if needed is sweep teams in the playoffs and hope other teams go 6 or 7 to complete their series.

I don't believe in rest before playoffs. Maximum one last game. Every else can do more harm than good and take out the focus. Good players in good form, should continue to play till the end of the season...

I don't believe in rest before playoffs. Maximum one last game. Every else can do more harm than good and take out the focus. Good players in good form, should continue to play till the end of the season...

I think it helps the guys with a lot of mileage. Just using Bron as an example, guy plays like Superman after some time off.

Tons of mileage maybe - because they need the rest and they usually know how to handle it right.
But for young guys... I believe that one of the things that hurt Hawks last season was them starting playing with the line up and giving guys rest. They just fell out of sync...
There usually 2 - 3 days of rest between end of the season and playoffs anyway and with a rest in the final game, you get 4 - 5 days of rest anyway. 99% of players don't need more than that... Unless players nurse and injury or something, I think there is a lot of danger in giving rest and so on...
Veterans that can handle it well and probably need it the most, can be an exception maybe...

Fully agree. It's not just the amount of minutes... It's the amount of "stressful" minutes.... Although the Warriors do get the best of their opponents night in and night out, it just seems like no one player is required to perform at their peak level game in game out. Their style of offense allows this.

what hurt the Hawks last season was the NYC police department

shit man, i had a hunch.. AT halftime when i saw the line to take boston on the ML(2nd H). 2nd h spread was putting the game line at GS -6...
fishy to me
didnt do it

Now Spurs are the only ones that can make make it a season without a home loss... should be a great game in SA.

As for the record, GSW still on the right track, but I do wonder how will they react to this loss.

Really hard to see Dubs lose any other game but the game in SA:
[TABLE="class: tablehead, width: 756"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent;">[TR="class: oddrow team-46-22"]
[TD]Sun, Apr 3[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]8:00 PM[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]NBATV[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 4"]494 available from $201[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-46-16"]
[TD]Tue, Apr 5[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]10:30 PM[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]TNT[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 4"]794 available from $121[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-46-24"]
[TD]Thu, Apr 7[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]TNT[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 4"]1,023 available from $240[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-46-29"]
[TD]Sat, Apr 9[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]8:00 PM[/TD]
[TD="align: center"] [/TD]
[TD="colspan: 4"]1,413 available from $171[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-46-24"]
[TD]Sun, Apr 10[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]7:00 PM[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]NBATV[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 4"]2,377 available from $178[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-46-29"]
[TD]Wed, Apr 13[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"] [/TD]
[TD="colspan: 4"]1,288 available from $207[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

I think I jinxed the dubs. :hang:

You might be right BAR, maybe a tie of the record.

[TABLE="class: cms_table_data, width: 660"]
<tbody>[TR="class: cms_table_datarow"]
[TD]04/03/16 Sun[/TD]
[TD]Portland[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: cms_table_datarow"]
[TD]04/05/16 Tue[/TD]
[TD]Minnesota[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]04/07/16 Thu[/TD]
[TD]San Antonio[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]04/09/16 Sat[/TD]
[TD]@ Memphis[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]04/10/16 Sun[/TD]
[TD]@ San Antonio[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]04/13/16 Wed[/TD]
[TD]Memphis[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

The only bad news is for the Spurs with that loss, because the game in SA will now matter to the Dubs, no matter what. Also maybe bad news for Memphis, because now both games against them are a must win...

The old adage now applies: the moment a long winning streak ends, the next loss to occur is never far behind. IMO GS will lose another home game before the reg. season is done. No new record, be lucky to tie it.

CfA_EVfVIAQ7nt3.jpg:large

And those odds that I asked about last week that seemed out of whack were just that. It was +450 that they wouldn't break the record. I didn't really have intentions on betting on them to break the record, and was tempted to throw a little something on the +450 but I don't want to root against them, or anyone going for a record like that, it's cool to see history made.

Couldn't really get much discussion going when I asked, as I was intrigued and a bit confused as to why my book had them at -650 to break the record at the time when their odds were only about 68%, but there was one response on the topic...

I wouldn't bet against them period...

10 games, 7 of them at home, three road games against Utah, Memphis and SA and they can lose two of them...
Out of 7 home games, they play Sixers, Memphis and Minny - three easy wins.
I would assume that Spurs will go all in in SA, but not Oakland, so should be very easy win as well.
As I see it, they got one game they will probably lose - in SA.
So that leaves us with 4 potential mines - game in Utah and home games against Portland, Boston, Washington. Out of those 4 games - they can lose one and still break the record. Very hard to believe they will split those 4 games......

I'm still standing by that statement. Bets should represent value and betting against GSW to not break the record wasn't the case. If anything, it would have been much more profitable betting against them SU in each game. Boston got 8.4 odds and Wolves got 18.68 odds to win.

Back