The Genesis -Form Sheets - Tiger is Back

The 134-player field at the 2023 Genesis Invitational is loaded, 19 of the top 20 golfers in the Official World Golf Ranking who will tee it up north of Los Angeles starting Thursday.

Tiger will be making his first appearance since December in the PNC Championship with his son, Charlie, and his first PGA Tour start since the 2022 Open Championship at St. Andrews last July.

Joaquin Niemann, the defending champion, won’t be in the field since he plays for LIV Golf

Riviera CC
par: 71
distance: 7,322 yards

The longer hitters have the advantage this week.
You want a tee to green machine this week.
Fast, breaky poa greens

FYI:

Adam Hadwin top ten finish +850

he’s had eight starts in this tournament and has missed the cut just once
That is because he loves this course and it fits his game
He is 37th in Driving Accuracy
16th in Strokes Gained: Approach
17th in Strokes Gained: Putting
most of his game is working well
that was evidenced by his 66-66 opening last week
If he can keep it together for four rounds
he should be an easy top 10

Genesis-CH-1-1024x513.png

Most Important Stats For Success at the Genesis Invitational​

*In order of importance

• SG: APP
  • SG: ARG
  • Driving Distance
  • Scrambling on Poa
  • Bogey Avoidance
  • Good Drive %
  • Course History
  • Par 4: 400-500 yds
  • Proximity 150-200 yds
  • Par 5 Scoring

Because I'm a huge fanboy, I took Tiger +150 over Luke Donald

BetOnline is offering a "Big Guns vs the Field"...the big guns being Rahm; Rory; Scottie; JT; Tony; Xander...at +120, so I took a piece of that.

Top 10

Cantlay +250

Willy Z +350

Deki +400

Swing it easy fellas.

Taylor's for round 1, hoping one of em hits, 1u each.

3-ball, T. Moore over Buckley & Bezuidenout +150
First round, top 5- T. Montgomery +1000

Add- 3ball C. Young v. Burns & Lee, +150 for 1.4u

Last edited:
Can’t wait for this..my two favorite plays..

Max Homa - Top 20 +100

Adam Scott - Top 40 - 125
Just adding some thoughts to my original plays here and sharing a few opinions as I’ve watched almost every shot of this tourney so far.

My strategy for golf is to make a lot of pre tourney plays on top 20’s and top 40’s..then add to my card and continue to double down on certain players as I watch each round..

I have approximately 7 different plays on Homa, so obviously very happy with his start. Most of the value is now gone, same with Rahm.

With that being said..I think the top players take over the leaderboard here, and there is still some value out there..here is what I like and plays I’m on..

Morikawa- Top 5 -140
Rory - Top 5 +110
Cantlay Top 5 +120
Scottie Scheffler - Top 10 -105
Hovland - Top 20 +110

Wouldn’t blame anyone for taking Finau Top 20 or Justin Thomas Top 20. Both are plus money and both guys are obviously capable of having big weekends. Morikawa, Rory and Cantlay..I think two of those guys make top 5, possible all 3, so I want to have exposure to all of them. Scheffler basically even money to finish top 10…I absolutely love. Hovland is tricky…been very inconsistent this tourney, and his chipping scares the shit out of me..but hes putting pretty well and he likes this course..I think he can finish top 20 and possibly even top 10 by end of tourney. Just some thoughts. Good luck guys.

That Rahm round was just ridiculous.

65 with a lot of great par saves.

He's just too good. Tomorrow, he'd need a total breakdown to lose methinks.

Although he was on opposite side today, that was a remarkable round by Tiger. In fact, you might say he left some out there.

I hope he gets one more tourney in before Augusta but he's definitely not one to discount in early April. Although, the terrain there could be the issue.

Although he was on opposite side today, that was a remarkable round by Tiger. In fact, you might say he left some out there.

I hope he gets one more tourney in before Augusta but he's definitely not one to discount in early April. Although, the terrain there could be the issue.
Think they said it well, when he has to draw the ball that's were he struggles with the lower body which makes sense

He should just try to play that cut every time and if it's a draw shot just play conservative and take the medicine. That shot was so on point today, hell the last three days.

0-3 day 3, -4u

Really like Rahm as a player and his current dominance but why is him winning getting old? Never felt that way when Tiger was winning on a regular basis.

Top 20’s looks like it might split, need C Young to have a decent round.

Final round-

Homa 68 or better +120 3u
3ball Homa +175 over Rahm, Mitchell 1u

Back