The Best of the West (WCF's) Discussion Thread...

emkee

The Truth Is Out There
Odds just dropped.

[TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 934"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL - TUE 5/19[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, colspan: 4, align: center"]GAME[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]HANDICAP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MONEY LINE[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]TOTAL POINTS[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MORE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Tue 5/19[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]501[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Houston Rockets[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+10 -110[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+442[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 218.5 -113[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]06:00 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]502[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Golden State Warriors[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-10 +100[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-525[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 218.5 +102[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

The Warriors have dominated the Rockets this year winning all 4 games, all by double digits.

@ Houston 98-87
vs Houston 105-93
@Houston 131-106
vs Houston 126-113

We match up well with them, but it's the playoffs. Anything can happen.

League will step in to make a few games interesting. One-sided sweeps are bad for business.

Harden lived at the line today, many on minimal if any contact.

[h=1]Don’t expect Warriors to play Hack-a-Rocket[/h]
The Warriors returned to practice Sunday, and Andrew Bogut butted in to ask the first question of Steve Kerr during the head coach’s post-practice news conference.
“Didn’t you see that I was already standing over here, waiting to do my interviews?” Bogut asked.
Of course, Bogut was joking. But the 7-foot center also provided a serious anecdote for the Warriors’ Western Conference finals matchup with Houston: The Warriors don’t want to spend a bunch of time waiting around.
It might seem like a savvy strategy to intentionally foul the Rockets’ terrible free-throw shooters, but the Warriors haven’t employed the Hack-a-Whoever method all season, and they don’t expect to do it now.
“Our team is all about rhythm and flow, and fouling stops the game. We want the game to go,” Kerr said. “We like our pace. That’s one of the reasons I haven’t done it. I won’t rule it out, but I wouldn’t expect a whole lot of it.
“We trust our defense. We think we can get stops. We want to get out and run and let the game flow, but it’s always there. You know, everything is different in the playoffs. You have to have every option at your disposal.”
The Western Conference semifinals between the Rockets and Clippers, which included Los Angeles’ 40 percent free-throw shooter DeAndre Jordan, was rife with intentional fouling. Some of the games ground to such a halt that fans in the arena booed and fans watching on TV changed the channel.
Clippers head coach Doc Rivers even turned to the crowd and apologized while intentionally fouling Houston center Dwight Howard during Sunday’s Game 7.
Howard shot 53 percent from the foul line during the regular season, and forward Josh Smith shot 52 percent. It could be an attractive strategy for the Warriors to send those Rockets — or maybe even forward Terrence Jones (61 percent) — to the foul line, but they hope to avoid the temptation.
“I think Steve Kerr actually likes when teams do it to us, because he knows the analytics of it,” Bogut said. “Teams that do that are scared of something.”
It’s been 18 years since Don Nelson started intentionally fouling bad free-throw shooters away from the ball. He first did it against Bulls forward Dennis Rodman in 1997, but Nelson’s repeated fouling of Shaquille O’Neal gave the strategy its enduring nickname, the Hack-a-Shaq.
Some of the best coaches in the game have used the strategy during the past two decades, but most current data point against it. In general, teams score less than one point per possession, so sending a 50 percent free-throw shooter to the line is break-even. But the strategy also:
•Gets the fouling team into the penalty quicker, making every foul worth two free throws.
•Creates foul trouble for rotation players.
•Destroys opportunities to get transition baskets after missed shots.
<extra_leading class="macro" displayname="extra_leading" name="extra_leading">The Clippers went into the 2015 playoffs 9-0 this season when Jordan took 15-plus free throws, 12-0 when he took 14-plus free throws and 15-2 when he took 12-plus free throws. The same proves true of the Warriors and their poorest free-throw shooters.</extra_leading>
Bogut shot 52 percent from the free-throw line this season, and swingman Andre Iguodala shot 60 percent.
There were two games in which Bogut was sent to the foul line at least four times. He made 7 of 9 attempts, and the Warriors went 2-0. Iguodala was sent to the foul line at least four times in 11 games. He made 35 of 55 (64 percent), and the Warriors went 9-2.
“You just have to make them,” Bogut said. “If I get hacked, I have to go down there and make them. It’s not the be-all, end-all. The pressure is on, but … it’s not a huge deal.”
Kerr agrees.
“Bogues has handled it well when it has happened to him, and Andre handled it well,” Kerr said. “The one thing it does: It sets up our defense. When we can play half-court defense, we’re tough to score on. It also gives our guys a chance to rest a little bit. A guy goes to the foul line, everybody takes a deep breath, you lock in defensively and it gives you a chance to have a great defensive possession.
“I don’t mind it when teams do it to us, but I’m not a huge fan of fouling, because it stops the game, and we want the game to be fast.”
Briefly: During the regular season, assistant coach Jarron Collins scouted the Rockets and associate head coach Alvin Gentryscouted the Clippers. After Houston beat Los Angeles on Sunday, the coaches reconvened to come up with a game plan that they’ll install at Monday’s practice. … There was no official update from the Warriors on Marreese Speights (right calf), but Kerr said the reserve forward won’t play in Game 1 on Tuesday.
Rusty Simmons is a San Francisco Chronicle staff writer. E-mail: rsimmons@sfchronicle.com Twitter: @Rusty_SFChron
The Rockets’ free-throw percentage in the playoffs despite James Harden making 93.6 percent of his free-throw attempts.
http://www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/Don-t-expect-Warriors-to-play-Hack-a-Rocket-6269435.php

[TABLE="class: league, width: 763"]
<tbody>[TR="class: otherline"]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: bdt, colspan: 27, align: center"]Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - NBA SERIES Basketball Game[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: h2hSeq firstline"]
[TD="class: col_time bdevtt, align: center"]09:00 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: col_rotno bdevtt, align: center"]781[/TD]
[TD="class: col_teamname bdevtt"]Rockets Series Prices[/TD]
[TD="class: info bdevtt"][/TD]
[TD="class: checkboxes bdevtt2"][/TD]
[TD="class: hdcp bdevtt, align: center"][/TD]
[TD="class: odds bdevtt, align: center"][/TD]
[TD="class: checkboxes bdevtt2"]<input type="checkbox" class="oddsselection" cfg="{'type':'h2h','selId':'G|Basketball|NBA SERIES|0|POSTUP|.|295808026|M|MLHW|Rockets Series Prices','selObj':{'gt':'G','str':'POSTUP','prf':'.','mkt':'M','selTyp':'MLHW','tmId':'Rockets Series Prices'},'a':600,'d':7,'h':0,'dh':'','aorg':600,'dorg':7,'horg':0,'dhorg':'','av':0,'dv':0,'rno':781}" value="G|Basketball|NBA SERIES|0|POSTUP|.|295808026|M|MLHW|Rockets Series Prices" style="margin: 0px;">[/TD]
[TD="class: odds bdevtt moneylineodds displayOdds, align: center"]+600[/TD]
[TD="class: info bdevtt"]o[/TD]
[TD="class: mktdesc bdevtt"][/TD]
[TD="class: smlhdcp bdevtt, align: center"][/TD]
[TD="class: addMktIcn bdevtt"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: otherline"]
[TD="class: col_rotno bdevtt, align: center"]782[/TD]
[TD="class: col_teamname bdevtt"]Warriors Series Prices[/TD]
[TD="class: checkboxes bdevtt2"]<input type="checkbox" class="oddsselection" cfg="{'type':'h2h','selId':'G|Basketball|NBA SERIES|0|POSTUP|.|295808026|M|MLAW|Warriors Series Prices','selObj':{'gt':'G','str':'POSTUP','prf':'.','mkt':'M','selTyp':'MLAW','tmId':'Warriors Series Prices'},'a':-800,'d':1.125,'h':0,'dh':'','aorg':-800,'dorg':1.125,'horg':0,'dhorg':'','av':0,'dv':0,'rno':782}" value="G|Basketball|NBA SERIES|0|POSTUP|.|295808026|M|MLAW|Warriors Series Prices" style="margin: 0px;">[/TD]
[TD="class: odds bdevtt moneylineodds displayOdds, align: center"]-800[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: addMkt"]
[TD="colspan: 22"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: bdt, colspan: 27, align: center"]Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - NBA SERIES Basketball Game[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: h2hSeq firstline"]
[TD="class: col_time bdevtt, align: center"]08:30 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: col_rotno bdevtt, align: center"]783[/TD]
[TD="class: col_teamname bdevtt"]Cavaliers Series Prices[/TD]
[TD="class: checkboxes bdevtt2"]<input type="checkbox" class="oddsselection" cfg="{'type':'h2h','selId':'G|Basketball|NBA SERIES|0|POSTUP|.|295635076|M|MLHW|Cavaliers Series Prices','selObj':{'gt':'G','str':'POSTUP','prf':'.','mkt':'M','selTyp':'MLHW','tmId':'Cavaliers Series Prices'},'a':-205,'d':1.487,'h':0,'dh':'','aorg':-205,'dorg':1.487,'horg':0,'dhorg':'','av':0,'dv':0,'rno':783}" value="G|Basketball|NBA SERIES|0|POSTUP|.|295635076|M|MLHW|Cavaliers Series Prices" style="margin: 0px;">[/TD]
[TD="class: odds bdevtt moneylineodds displayOdds, align: center"]-205[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: otherline"]
[TD="class: col_rotno bdevtt, align: center"]784[/TD]
[TD="class: col_teamname bdevtt"]Hawks Series Prices[/TD]
[TD="class: checkboxes bdevtt2"]<input type="checkbox" class="oddsselection" cfg="{'type':'h2h','selId':'G|Basketball|NBA SERIES|0|POSTUP|.|295635076|M|MLAW|Hawks Series Prices','selObj':{'gt':'G','str':'POSTUP','prf':'.','mkt':'M','selTyp':'MLAW','tmId':'Hawks Series Prices'},'a':175,'d':2.75,'h':0,'dh':'','aorg':175,'dorg':2.75,'horg':0,'dhorg':'','av':0,'dv':0,'rno':784}" value="G|Basketball|NBA SERIES|0|POSTUP|.|295635076|M|MLAW|Hawks Series Prices" style="margin: 0px;">[/TD]
[TD="class: odds bdevtt moneylineodds displayOdds, align: center"]+175[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Vince was all over that after the game Braves. Few nights ago. She has to be the hottest mom in the NBA.

Vegas just doesn't respect the Rockets. Home dog in Game 7, double-digit dog in Game 1 of Round 3.

Shows how fortunate this team is.

Vegas just doesn't respect the Rockets. Home dog in Game 7, double-digit dog in Game 1 of Round 3.

Shows how fortunate this team is.

Wow, like horses said you just never stop.......

Here I thought Vegas was in the money business - its actually the respect business??
Its ok to tip your hat to the other team sometimes....

League will step in to make a few games interesting. One-sided sweeps are bad for business.

Harden lived at the line today, many on minimal if any contact.

This was game 7... what does Harden living at the line in game 7 have to do with a sweep?
Confused ?? :popcorn:

Over is 18-8-1 in the last 27 meetings in Golden State.

Rockets are 0-5 ATS in the last 5 meetings.

Everyone is talking about how the warriors crushed the Rockets in the regular season... those games mean absolutely nothing because the rockets were a totally different team than they are now. The regular season means very little because there are so many other factors that can be at play game to game. The postseason is all about game to game adjustments

I can see the rockets winning this series but I think their FT shooting is going to be their biggest problem. I think they have MORE options on offense than the warriors do, without a doubt.... so they can be more versatile in the way the attack the warriors.

Everyone is talking about how the warriors crushed the Rockets in the regular season... those games mean absolutely nothing because the rockets were a totally different team than they are now. The regular season means very little because there are so many other factors that can be at play game to game. The postseason is all about game to game adjustments

I can see the rockets winning this series but I think their FT shooting is going to be their biggest problem. I think they have MORE options on offense than the warriors do, without a doubt.... so they can be more versatile in the way the attack the warriors.

Toronto had swept Washington in the reular season and Washington swept Toronto in the playoffs

ALL 4 houst / clips games went under in the regular season and 6 or 7 went over in the playoffs

You are right..means nothing

Funny how for certain people trends and stats matter when they are taking a certain team...but when you provide them with stats and trend supporting the other side they say trends don't matter...lol

Flip flopper and what ever benefits their arguement

oh you're being serious? Let's start at the top.

1. The rockets look like strong contenders, playing the gimp mavs defense, along with a quitting rondo. This really wasn't a series. So rockets look strong.
2. Rockets never made it out of the 1st round in hardens tenure, until they got a cupcake rd1, so finally getting to 2nd round, with HC, and they lose to lac minus cp3. They needed 64 ft attempts to get the win in g2, they lose b2b road games in LA by 25+ points. Come home to win with back against the wall, very typical playoff spot, and then back in LA down DD again.

Rest it we all know, LAC blow the game. Handed series to Houston. Houston didn't win it, it was gifted. Everything we saw from Houston. Does not make me think they even deserve to be there, and based on everything I detailed above, it gives me zero reason to believe they can win. Vegas agrees with me, hence the -800 series price.

and the warriors have played two of the worst offenses of the playoffs in the first two rounds of the series... does that matter to you?

What's Marreese Speights status ?

And not sure where you got that above, the Pelicans were a solid offensive team this season, better than the Mavs once Rondo got there.

What's Marreese Speights status ?

And not sure where you got that above, the Pelicans were a solid offensive team this season, better than the Mavs once Rondo got there.

Warriors' Speights will not play in Game 1

The Golden State Warriors will not have the services of power forward Marreesse Speights against the Houston Rockets for Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals.

Speights is dealing with a right calf strain and did not participate in the final three games of the Dubs' conference semifinal series versus Memphis.
<!-- / message -->

I would be shocked if Rockets will win more than a game. Unless they steal somehow a game...
My bet is 4 - 0 or 4 - 1.
Houston is the easiest to prepare in a playoff team.
Rockets won 3 games against Clippers (one Clippers lost), a team that at best as good on offense as GSW, but not nearly as good on defense as the Warriors.
It will be absolutely one sided series...

Wow, like horses said you just never stop.......

Here I thought Vegas was in the money business - its actually the respect business??
Its ok to tip your hat to the other team sometimes....

Lol, love how the little guys in the room always like to pick fights.

oh you're being serious? Let's start at the top.

1. The rockets look like strong contenders, playing the gimp mavs defense, along with a quitting rondo. This really wasn't a series. So rockets look strong.
2. Rockets never made it out of the 1st round in hardens tenure, until they got a cupcake rd1, so finally getting to 2nd round, with HC, and they lose to lac minus cp3. They needed 64 ft attempts to get the win in g2, they lose b2b road games in LA by 25+ points. Come home to win with back against the wall, very typical playoff spot, and then back in LA down DD again.

Rest it we all know, LAC blow the game. Handed series to Houston. Houston didn't win it, it was gifted. Everything we saw from Houston. Does not make me think they even deserve to be there, and based on everything I detailed above, it gives me zero reason to believe they can win. Vegas agrees with me, hence the -800 series price.

It is a discussion thread. Looking to hear why or why nots ? :shake:

Funny how for certain people trends and stats matter when they are taking a certain team...but when you provide them with stats and trend supporting the other side they say trends don't matter...lol

Flip flopper and what ever benefits their arguement

Bro, you shouldn't throw stones. You were called out for stealing a respected CTG poster's system and passing it off at another deadbeat forum.

Now you in here swinging bravado because you apparently won a -150 series bet on a team that had to comeback from 1-3, lol.

lol ok if you want to go on pure hollinger stats go for it

i go by what i see

Clippers stopped playing defense in this series from the 4th quarter of Game 6 onwards, Rox appear a lot better than what they are. People always love an underdog story.

Dubs are a bad matchup for this current Houston roster especially at the guard positions.

Bro, you shouldn't throw stones. You were called out for stealing a respected CTG poster's system and passing it off at another deadbeat forum.

Now you in here swinging bravado because you apparently won a -150 series bet on a team that had to comeback from 1-3, lol.

Where did I tout that I won a series bet ?

I corrected his claim that the clippers were favored to win the series

If you want me to tout I can... I picked every series winner including Wash over Toronto , clipps over spurs , houst over clipps.. cleve over bulls

Wont even bring my 20015 playoff record and units won into it..don't want you to cry

I have the feeling you are 22 yrs old or under...can you confirm this so I can stop wasting my time ?

Clippers stopped playing defense in this series from the 4th quarter of Game 6 onwards, Rox appear a lot better than what they are. People always love an underdog story.

Dubs are a bad matchup for this current Houston roster especially at the guard positions.

G ST is - 1000 to win the series

You are really going on a limb here telling us they will win...lol

of course the rockets look a lot better than they are because of the clippers meltdown....That was not my point.

my point is so do the warriors. You saying that you think the Pelicans offense is better than the rockets is just silly. I don't care what the efficiency stats say from the regular season. This is not the regular season.

of course the rockets look a lot better than they are because of the clippers meltdown....That was not my point.

my point is so do the warriors. You saying that you think the Pelicans offense is better than the rockets is just silly. I don't care what the efficiency stats say from the regular season. This is not the regular season.

Exactly.

Where did I tout that I won a series bet ?

I corrected his claim that the clippers were favored to win the series

If you want me to tout I can... I picked every series winner including Wash over Toronto , clipps over spurs , houst over clipps.. cleve over bulls

Wont even bring my 20015 playoff record and units won into it..don't want you to cry

I have the feeling you are 22 yrs old or under...can you confirm this so I can stop wasting my time ?

Hard to believe given you don't keep a running record.

Rumor is you fed so much bullshit at SBR they banned you, that says a lot when that cesspool of crap shows you the door.

Have been around awhile. Wish I was 22.

Best offense in the league vs. the 17th ranked defense (15th if you only count games Howard played at least 24 mins in). If GS doesn't take them easy (which one suspects was an aspect that played a part in their losing 2 straight to Mempiss after winning that R2 Game 1 easily), then this will be a short series.

IMO the Hawks are just happy in the ECF, whereas the Rockets are obviously lucky. Can't see a game 7 in either series, think the odds are decent we don't even see a game 6.

Best offense in the league vs. the 17th ranked defense (15th if you only count games Howard played at least 24 mins in). If GS doesn't take them easy (which one suspects was an aspect that played a part in their losing 2 straight to Mempiss after winning that R2 Game 1 easily), then this will be a short series.

IMO the Hawks are just happy in the ECF, whereas the Rockets are obviously lucky. Can't see a game 7 in either series, think the odds are decent we don't even see a game 6.

:shake:

What nobody is talking about is the Warriors defense. They had one of the better defenses in the league this year. Only Chicago and Cleveland held teams to less points but they play in the east so that's skewed a little IMO. And their point differential was +10.1 this year. Teams that usually have double digit differentials usually go on to win championships. This team is special. Win or lose, they're getting that valuable playoff experience teams need to have in order to win it all. Hopefully they can do it this year.

Back