The 145th Belmont Stakes

I still really like oxbox though. Only thing I'm concerned about is how horses with succes in derby struggle at Belmont. I have a fairly large wps bet

Baffert cleaning up on the undercard stakes with Power Broker and Fast Bullet winning for fun.

I knew about halfway thru that 12 had race. But man one more spot for oxbow and I would have been raking in. Overall still a very good weekend at Belmont. Took 4 in last race

Pace was solid and Palace Malice limped home in 27 and change for the final quarter. No excuses for Orb, he had it all right in front of him, and eventually couldn't even get by Oxbow. Revolutionary was probably too close to the pace and unsurprisingly evened out down the stretch. I'm a little surprised someone like Golden Soul didn't try the Calidoscopio style of hanging WAY back and making a sustained charge starting at the middle of the far turn.

FWIW Oxbow is probably the best of the 3YO's. He's got a very high cruising speed, reminds me of Shackleford only with a bit more in his tank to get the classic distance.

Hopefully they all come out of this OK and we get to see some high-quality 3YO races this summer/fall. Last year was brutal losing all the win-place finishers from competition by mid-July.

Back