The #1 pick

Tide High

p90sex
Hey fellas, I am not around much but always come back to CTG this time of year for solid fantasy draft discussion. Let's start at the top... who do you draft in each type of league and why?

Bell
Johnson
Zeke

I'm in a .5pt ppr where I have to choose to keep Bell or DJ. I will be back later with my analysis. Digging in this week.

Enjoy your Sunday.

My only focus on NFL fantasy anymore is my Dynasty IDP league. Tons of work involved with that, but it's very fun. It's basically fantasy all-year round. So I don't really follow re-draft rankings as closely anymore. But of course, I'm still in tune with it all.

My #1 overall would be David Johnson, no doubt. That's for PPR or standard. Seems to have less question marks than Bell. Also, for Keeper, you have to factor in Bell being in a contract year. Will he be with the Steelers next year? And if not, will his new team use him the same as the Steelers? To me, Johnson feels safer. Bell would be my #2 overall, though.

I wouldn't even have Zeke in the top-5 RBs, and he'd probably be a 2nd round pick for me. Second year RBs historically do not fare well in the NFL. I wrote an article on that on this website a few years back. The most recent example is Todd Gurley from last year. I think defensive coaches get film on these guys and pick up on their tendencies and kinds of blocking schemes these guys like. Also, Dallas has lost some pieces on the O-line. I expect a regression for Elliot this year. I like Ajayi more than him.

After the first 2 RBs come off the board, I would draft a bunch of safer, WRs in round 1 until the top 7 or 8 dry up. If I picked towards the end of round 1, I'd take Ajayi in Rd 1 and come back with a TE in rd 2 (Gronk or Kelce). You can actually make an argument for Kelce over Gronk given injury concerns. Kelce is in line for a HUGE year, and whether or not KC makes a QB change will not have a difference in his usage.

This year, I really don't think there's a big difference between the #10-#35 WRs. Good example is Willie Snead. He's a top-20 WR for me, but he's being drafted in the 30s among WRs. Another guy is Garcon. I think he's a rock solid WR2, but being drafted as a WR4. Pretty crazy. Crowder could catch 100 passes this year, but I saw one website where he is the #30 ranked WR.

Also saw one prominent website who has Amari Cooper as their #10 ranked WR. To me, that's crazy considering how risky he is. Crabtree is still a very key piece to that offense and if Lynch proves to still be able to play, Cooper will not have enough opportunity to live up to his 2nd rd value.

Thanks BAR, you too. I'm going to get back into NCAAF was getting this season so I'll be around to lurking and occasionally post like a drunken homer.

I didn't get anything done on fantasy this week like I wanted to. I appreciate the insight gorg. I was this close to starting a dynasty league and dropping the rest (except the one I referenced above) but with a newborn scheduled to be here the first weekend of college, I decided to wait a year.

Glad we ruled out zeke. I was just kinda grasping st someone else to throw in and I assumed he's way up there on the standard league boards.

Bell and DJ are right there together, for me but I figure with a contract year and Pitt willing to run him into the ground, he should be on the field almost all of the snaps. Also he should have the offense to light up the scoreboard. Does Ari offense regress? DJs vision will improve again but it isn't near what Bells is and his yards after contact sucks. He does have that breakaway speed, though and should be on the field a ton too. This is all just off the top of my head nonsense. I really need to dig in before I start shooting off my mouth.

So you're saying go WR 1st round then skip the 2-3 draft wrs? Seems like a good strat but I feel the same way about the rbs. Might be a year to take a te early.

Kelce is going in the third and fourth round in a bunch of mock drafts. I think he's fair in the third round and a freakin steal in the fourth round. Are there any other TE that have as big of an upside. It seems to me that the pool of WR and RB2 will be large this year but the pool for TE is always shallow. You guys think it makes sense to move earlier just for draft value? What about Jordan Reed? Health issue is probably biggest concern yea?

I'm new here but damn sure enjoy the conversations.

Ahhhh…My favortie thread. Gorg are you going to be doing Tiers again? I look forward to reading your analysis and ranks.

Also saw one prominent website who has Amari Cooper as their #10 ranked WR. To me, that's crazy considering how risky he is. Crabtree is still a very key piece to that offense and if Lynch proves to still be able to play, Cooper will not have enough opportunity to live up to his 2nd rd value.

I think AC is a top 5 wr in the league, but everything you said is right. Too many weapons in that offense. Jared cook and Patterson coming in give them the best TE and WR3 carr has ever had too

The reasoning I keep seeing for cooper making a leap fantasy wise is his red zone targets were loe last year but that was for reason, the line is so great they power run when they get close. Marshawn will take TD's away from him

My only focus on NFL fantasy anymore is my Dynasty IDP league. Tons of work involved with that, but it's very fun. It's basically fantasy all-year round. So I don't really follow re-draft rankings as closely anymore. But of course, I'm still in tune with it all.

My #1 overall would be David Johnson, no doubt. That's for PPR or standard. Seems to have less question marks than Bell. Also, for Keeper, you have to factor in Bell being in a contract year. Will he be with the Steelers next year? And if not, will his new team use him the same as the Steelers? To me, Johnson feels safer. Bell would be my #2 overall, though.

I wouldn't even have Zeke in the top-5 RBs, and he'd probably be a 2nd round pick for me. Second year RBs historically do not fare well in the NFL. I wrote an article on that on this website a few years back. The most recent example is Todd Gurley from last year. I think defensive coaches get film on these guys and pick up on their tendencies and kinds of blocking schemes these guys like. Also, Dallas has lost some pieces on the O-line. I expect a regression for Elliot this year. I like Ajayi more than him.

After the first 2 RBs come off the board, I would draft a bunch of safer, WRs in round 1 until the top 7 or 8 dry up. If I picked towards the end of round 1, I'd take Ajayi in Rd 1 and come back with a TE in rd 2 (Gronk or Kelce). You can actually make an argument for Kelce over Gronk given injury concerns. Kelce is in line for a HUGE year, and whether or not KC makes a QB change will not have a difference in his usage.

This year, I really don't think there's a big difference between the #10-#35 WRs. Good example is Willie Snead. He's a top-20 WR for me, but he's being drafted in the 30s among WRs. Another guy is Garcon. I think he's a rock solid WR2, but being drafted as a WR4. Pretty crazy. Crowder could catch 100 passes this year, but I saw one website where he is the #30 ranked WR.

i appreciate the write-up, but damn i completely disagree with you on Zeke and think your 2nd year RB thing is a hoax. Also have no idea why you'd draft Gronk

Brutal gorg. Your fans need it. Just give me some good WRs sand RBs in the 10-30 ADP. Shaving trouble identifying my #1 wr targets after the top guys date gone and my #2 rb

Yea Gorg. I usually printed your tiers and had that as my list when I was drafting. It's good shit man. Hopefully you can post back up.
My draft is 25th

Outside the top few I hate the RB's this year. Ajayi with concussion issues, Lamar Miller sucks, just not a ton of bellcow guys anymore.

I won't touch Jordan Reed this year after dealing with his Q on multiple teams last year. Kelce is gonna get a million targets and should be much higher in PPR as yards are a Q but he'll have a lot of catches.

Hey fellas, I am not around much but always come back to CTG this time of year for solid fantasy draft discussion. Let's start at the top... who do you draft in each type of league and why?

Bell
Johnson
Zeke

I'm in a .5pt ppr where I have to choose to keep Bell or DJ. I will be back later with my analysis. Digging in this week.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Imo, dj is the way to go. Bell a close 2nd. Both get the volume and are 3 down backs.

You cant go wrong picking either one

I wrote up a post in this thread, and it's been deleted. I guess due to the new site? O well.

Absolutely no response from the site on the content I wrote that was inexplicably deleted due to the site maintenance. Pretty pathetic. Spent about an hour on that due to the response from some members here.

Pretty clear they don't give a shit. At least acknowledge the technical mistake. If the content can't be restored, understandable. But to ignore me, just shows negligence.

Gorg in fairness to these guys, they explicitly said they could take the site down altogether last week when they did the upgrade but instead chose to keep it up and running with the caveat that posts for about 24 hours wouldn't be saved...and it was well announced that those posts would be lost but the site kept running as opposed to being shut down while they did the upgrade.

Dm me on Twitter. Fuck this place
Hey Gorg, did you message any of the mods on the lost post? I went through this thread and dont see anything deleted. It is possible that it was lost in the switch.

If you did reach out to a mod and nothing was done then i understand your frustration but if you didnt your post may have not been seen until i saw it.

While we try to view every thread it is tough to read every post in every thread.

I will look into it more to see if i can figure out what happened

Back