Texas @ Texas Tech

Once again, dumb line. Has Tech played anyone this year? Seriously. Have they played anyone with a pulse? Anyone that doesn't give up 38 to south florida? .

I hate this point when capping games.......Teams play who is on their schedule. You cant control who you play. Tech has played 7 teams and won all 7 games. Yes, at this point Texas has played tougher teams and has covered every game......so that means we should make them a 14 pt favorite Saturday?

Last year when KU was going undefeated everyone said they hadnt beaten anyone ( I hate KU btw)....so going into the Orange Bowl it was "KU lost their only tough game v. Mizzou"...."their schedule was weak"....well look what happened, they pimp slapped VTech.

Like Herm Edwards would say "You play who is on your schedule". All a team can do is go out and win every game they play.

Personally I think Texas wins a close, high scoring game, but it has nothing to do with who Tech has played thus far.

He's referring to the fact that the tech line got bet down and he thinks UT will cover.

Me too.. I am all over the Horns...Took them at 6.5, then at 4 and again at 3 with steep vig....looking for a big Horn win.

Just don't think tech has seen a D this good yet. I know Tech will get their points but not enough IMO.

Thanks Horses

I hate this point when capping games.......Teams play who is on their schedule. You cant control who you play. Tech has played 7 teams and won all 7 games. Yes, at this point Texas has played tougher teams and has covered every game......so that means we should make them a 14 pt favorite Saturday?

Last year when KU was going undefeated everyone said they hadnt beaten anyone ( I hate KU btw)....so going into the Orange Bowl it was "KU lost their only tough game v. Mizzou"...."their schedule was weak"....well look what happened, they pimp slapped VTech.

Like Herm Edwards would say "You play who is on your schedule". All a team can do is go out and win every game they play.

Personally I think Texas wins a close, high scoring game, but it has nothing to do with who Tech has played thus far.

Really, strength of schedule doesn't come into play when you cap your games? How teams match up with prior opponents don't really matter to you either? Wow. Just wow.

Horses -

Do us all a favor and post something worthwhile. I have seen your anti-Texas comments on the board before and it contributes nothing at all...

If you don't have anything to contribute other than these meaningless posts then shut it. Everyone else is giving thoughtful, meaningful opinions on here except you.

Have you ever had anything positive to say about Texas? It cuts both ways, partner.

On the rare occasion; yes, I know it does.

Horses -

Do us all a favor and post something worthwhile. I have seen your anti-Texas comments on the board before and it contributes nothing at all...

If you don't have anything to contribute other than these meaningless posts then shut it. Everyone else is giving thoughtful, meaningful opinions on here except you.

I did; I said I like Texas Tech...or at least implied it. Sorry to get your pussy in such a snit. What have you posted that's worthwhile...anywhere? I've posted winning week threads since week 3 here or over at U of W. Keep up the good work.

I dont wear glasses, I wear contacts... not colored ones either. And I am an FSU fan. Annnnnnnd I'm on the Horns ML, and will be on -3 as well come saturday if it is still available to buy down from 3.5. Jog on.

Really, strength of schedule doesn't come into play when you cap your games? How teams match up with prior opponents don't really matter to you either? Wow. Just wow.

Wow...just wow.

You didn't say how does Texas match up w/ Tech, you said...... "Once again, dumb line. Has Tech played anyone this year? Seriously. Have they played anyone with a pulse? Anyone that doesn't give up 38 to south florida?

Now, I do agree that Harrell likes to whine, especially when he is getting hit......and I do think that Texas wins a close one as I said....but I dont think that you can discount Tech b/c they havent played any top 10 teams yet.

Horses -

He's posting his opinion. Stop crying because it's different than yours. I like the Longhorns, he leans Red Raiders...so what? Get over it.

This thread is here for us to discuss the game, and provide insight. He's merely pointing out that most of the Texas backers are Texas fans, and he's right.

One of the main reasons I'm on Texas is quite simple...almost every single year, the media is all over TT's nuts, saying "This is the year the Red Raiders have a shot at taking down the Longhorns!" But what happens in the end?...UT finds a way to pull it out.

I think the major issue is, EVERYONE is clammoring on and on about how the Texas defense matches up against the Tech offense. Yet, very little discussion about the Texas offense matching up against the Tech defense, since the Tech offense gets all the attention.

IMO, the Texas offense should be able to dictate the pace of this game. Hopefully, by controlling the clock, they can keep Harrel and Co. luke-warm, and hold Tech to 35 points or less. Since I firmly believe Texas will score at least 40, that should equate to a cover.

:shake:

He's posting his opinion. Stop crying because it's different than yours. I like the Longhorns, he leans Red Raiders...so what? Get over it.

This thread is here for us to discuss the game, and provide insight. He's merely pointing out that most of the Texas backers are Texas fans, and he's right.

One of the main reasons I'm on Texas is quite simple...almost every single year, the media is all over TT's nuts, saying "This is the year the Red Raiders have a shot at taking down the Longhorns!" But what happens in the end?...UT finds a way to pull it out.

I think the major issue is, EVERYONE is clammoring on and on about how the Texas defense matches up against the Tech offense. Yet, very little discussion about the Texas offense matching up against the Tech defense, since the Tech offense gets all the attention.

IMO, the Texas offense should be able to dictate the pace of this game. Hopefully, by controlling the clock, they can keep Harrel and Co. luke-warm, and hold Tech to 35 points or less. Since I firmly believe Texas will score at least 40, that should equate to a cover.

:shake:

Ding-ding-ding...we have a winner. Biggest mismatch of the game is can TT stop the Texas offense? They haven't even been able to and this offense is the second best under Mack Brown only behind VY's team.

Don't believe the hype, Horses is an asshole.

At least until he buys me a beer. Then he's an ok guy.

Ding-ding-ding...we have a winner. Biggest mismatch of the game is can TT stop the Texas offense? They haven't even been able to and this offense is the second best under Mack Brown only behind VY's team.

That's true. This is being completely overlooked.

Line is still stuck at 3.5 to 4.5 depending on the book. Any idea if Bob plays this and if so, who is he on (Tech?)?

Wow...just wow.

You didn't say how does Texas match up w/ Tech, you said...... "Once again, dumb line. Has Tech played anyone this year? Seriously. Have they played anyone with a pulse? Anyone that doesn't give up 38 to south florida?

Now, I do agree that Harrell likes to whine, especially when he is getting hit......and I do think that Texas wins a close one as I said....but I dont think that you can discount Tech b/c they havent played any top 10 teams yet.

No, I typed the following in the same post.

Texas has beat 3 legit top 10 teams and 2 top 5 teams. They've got the best defensive line they've had in the Mack Brown era. The Dline is tailored to face a spread with an ability to have 4 pass rushing dlinemen in the game at any point in time. Two deep across the board.

Also, they've got Will Muschamp who is intimately familiar with Leach's spread offense. He was at Valdosta State around the same time as Leach and Hal Mumme. He knows the system inside and out. He's been through the fire against a good Mizzou team. He knows Leach. Leach doesn't know him. Leach would give his left nut to coach against Gene Chizik or Duane akina this year. Sorry Captain hook, no soup for you.

Translation...I've alluded to matchup issues that Texas' dline poses, as well as defensive coaching matchup advantages in that Muschamp is very familiar with Leach's offense.

I'm not big on the transitive property of college football and it's effects on capping. But, I look at match ups and I look at how teams fare against similarly styled teams. Texas has played the spread attacks of Mizzou, OU, and OSU. Who has Tech played that resembles Texas in style and talent?

Concerned about any drama I may have caused in here; really didn't think questioning the rooting nature of Texas ATS backers was anti-Texas sentiment though.

Appreciate Azzie and esp 'Horn (a Texas native) giving me some cover; RJ...you're killing me 'bro but thank you as well...we are due for another beer by the way. You gonna be up there Sat for the game?

That's true. This is being completely overlooked.

Line is still stuck at 3.5 to 4.5 depending on the book. Any idea if Bob plays this and if so, who is he on (Tech?)?

Thinkin he'll probably be on Tech, RJ...if he's on this game.

This is a really great thread.

Most of the Texas love in this thread is coming from Texas fans though; I'm not sure how you can be so convinced that Texas is such a sure thing SU. This is without a doubt the best Tech team during Leach's tenure and he's beaten UT before. I'm not betting this game but to think UT is a lock here is to see it thru burnt orange glasses if you ask me. I'd say you ignoring some obvious factors for the other side.

I'm curious what you mean by obvious factors you think are being ignored. I'm excited about the game and I'd love to hear your objective opinion. Seriously, I'm not being facetious.

I'm curious what you mean by obvious factors you think are being ignored. I'm excited about the game and I'd love to hear your objective opinion. Seriously, I'm not being facetious.

I know you're not being facetious; maybe I shouldn't have said ignored, since I'm sure it's been considered, just haven't read about it. Obvious factor being that UT is quite a young team and this is their first real road game outside of Boulder and El Paso which have nowhere near the HFA Lubbock offers. Last time I saw UT play a real road gm they were losing in College Station. I realize UT has won five in a row SU in this series, but this is Tech's best team under Leach including his best defense. I have the offenses rated about even coming in with UT having the defensive edge, but probably not as large an edge as you have them having. Situation clearly favors Tech and they've proved they can pick and choose the week they bring their 'A' game. Their best two games this yr were in Lawrence and Manhattan; they play their best home game this Saturday.

Texas fully deserves their #1 ranking and I made them a 3 point favorite in this game, so I think the spread is now about where it should be.

And for the record...I do not hate all things Texas; I like to make fun of the state, just like people make fun of Cali (for different reasons, obviously) but it's mostly tongue in cheek.

Enjoy the game.

Fair enough. It's certainly not a lock, but I think Texas matches up well with Tech. Their defense is much improved however. Dixon and Seasay are beasts off the edge.

We'll see, I suppose. Good luck with your action, horses.

This game can't get here soon enough. No work today...and I'm staring at the TV, just waiting for it to start. Unfortunately, it's Friday...

:popcorn:

I don't post much, in fact I think this may be my first time. But I do check these boards often see what others are thinking on certain games.

One idea that keeps showing up on this game is that this is Texas' first "true" road game. As if a trip to Lubbock is going to rattle Texas. Anyone who thinks this is the first Texas road trip has never been to a Texas/OU game. There is more pressure, noise, and intimidation in that game than any other place Texas will play this year. The noise may be similar, but the pressure is not even close.

And the idea that a night game makes a difference is kind of silly to me. Of the last four games Texas/Tech have played in Lubbock, 3 have been at night and one in the afternoon. Texas is 3-0 at night, and 0-1 in the afternoon. I don't understand why anyone would even consider this to be a factor worth considering.

Anyway, I was on Texas at -6. I doubled at -4 and redoubled when Bob drove it to -3.5. I may be proven wrong, but this looks like the line of the week to me.

Joe

texas tech/texas info

little known info.....before any line comes out in lubbock...tech at home is a 9 point favorite....with the line being 4-5 for texas....vegas thinks the longhorns win by 13-15 points....should be an interesting game....good luck

:popcorn:

longhorns choke please:hang:

Here's a little info. on Texas secondary personnel this weekend. Chykie Brown will play this weekend. He was held out vs. OSU ostensibly for injuring an ankle in practice, but the truth is that he missed curfew and was benched. He's Texas' best corner, 6' 2" with long arms. He's Aaron Ross with a little more size and speed. He held Josh Smith in check and nearly shut out Jeremy Maclin one on one.

The silver lining for Texas is that it was able to find out exactly what they had in freshman star Curtis Brown against OSU. Brown checked Dez Bryant nearly all over the field and did a terrific job. He won all of the 1 on 1 battles, although he did enjoy safety help on about 60% of the snaps. Look for Chykie Brown to shadow Crabtree and Curtis Brown to check Britton. Deon Beasley, the other starting corner will most likely be matched on Morris.

As an aside, keep in mind that no
#1 receiver has had a great game against Texas, and they've played some good ones...Manuel Johnson, Josh Smith, Jeremy Maclin, and Dez Bryant. The only players that have really hurt Texas are stud TE's like Gresham, Coffman, and Pettigrew. All first day draft picks. The reason? Two freshman safeties that the Horns ask to do alot of key reading when a TE is in the game because of the threat TE's pose as run blockers and pass catchers. Tech's going 4 wide, so the keys the Texas safeties need to read ar limited. Schematically, it's all good news for Muschamp's talented but young secondary. A unit that improves every week due to the competition it's being tested by.

Here's a little info. on Texas secondary personnel this weekend. Chykie Brown will play this weekend. He was held out vs. OSU ostensibly for injuring an ankle in practice, but the truth is that he missed curfew and was benched. He's Texas' best corner, 6' 2" with long arms. He's Aaron Ross with a little more size and speed. He held Josh Smith in check and nearly shut out Jeremy Maclin one on one.

The silver lining for Texas is that it was able to find out exactly what they had in freshman star Curtis Brown against OSU. Brown checked Dez Bryant nearly all over the field and did a terrific job. He won all of the 1 on 1 battles, although he did enjoy safety help on about 60% of the snaps. Look for Chykie Brown to shadow Crabtree and Curtis Brown to check Britton. Deon Beasley, the other starting corner will most likely be matched on Morris.

As an aside, keep in mind that no
#1 receiver has had a great game against Texas, and they've played some good ones...Manuel Johnson, Josh Smith, Jeremy Maclin, and Dez Bryant. The only players that have really hurt Texas are stud TE's like Gresham, Coffman, and Pettigrew. All first day draft picks. The reason? Two freshman safeties that the Horns ask to do alot of key reading when a TE is in the game because of the threat TE's pose as run blockers and pass catchers. Tech's going 4 wide, so the keys the Texas safeties need to read ar limited. Schematically, it's all good news for Muschamp's talented but young secondary. A unit that improves every week due to the competition it's being tested by.

good stuff texasfight.

I don't post much, in fact I think this may be my first time. But I do check these boards often see what others are thinking on certain games.

One idea that keeps showing up on this game is that this is Texas' first "true" road game. As if a trip to Lubbock is going to rattle Texas. Anyone who thinks this is the first Texas road trip has never been to a Texas/OU game. There is more pressure, noise, and intimidation in that game than any other place Texas will play this year. The noise may be similar, but the pressure is not even close.

And the idea that a night game makes a difference is kind of silly to me. Of the last four games Texas/Tech have played in Lubbock, 3 have been at night and one in the afternoon. Texas is 3-0 at night, and 0-1 in the afternoon. I don't understand why anyone would even consider this to be a factor worth considering.

Anyway, I was on Texas at -6. I doubled at -4 and redoubled when Bob drove it to -3.5. I may be proven wrong, but this looks like the line of the week to me.

Joe

Welcome to posting.

Nice first post as well. Was unaware of the day/night splits for texas games in lubbock.

Don't be such a stranger mr applewhite.

yessssssssssss sir.

so sick. just cashed my biggest play of the year in

good talk fellas, :shake:

Horrible game. Are you kidding. I want to throw up.

Horrible clock management by Colt and the coaching staff when Texas had the ball inside the 10. You don't snap the ball with 20 second lefts then 8 more seconds left on two consecutive plays.

I feel bad for Blake Gideon the frosh who dropped the ball. He's probably always going to be remembered for not catching an INT that would've put Texas in the title game.

Congrats to you TT guys as it should be a helluva a night in Lubbock. I never would've thought their DL would've whipped Texas OL in the first half like they did.

Tech deserved to win the game - without question. Their o-line and d-line dominated texas for most of the game. Pretty tough to hold Texas to 1 first down in a half of football. With all of the being said, Texas had the game and it literally slipped through their hands. How Davis and Brown don't eat up that clock on their last scoring drive will probably spin my head until I die. You want to give the ball back to Tech with 1:30 to play? After looking at it a second time, Texas ran plays with :18, :19 and :29 seconds on the play clock under 3 minutes. Inexcusable when you are facing a team like Tech. Gideon shouldn't have had a chance to drop that ball.

I shit you not I turned the thing off when I THOUGHT Gideon got the INT.....flipped back for postgame and was a bit surprised.

Tech showed they have tons of weapons....lot of diff guys made plays. But damn, Crabtree got it done all night.

That game def. lived up to the hype!

for those who don't think crabtree is the best receiver in the nation, i hope you are starting to change your mind. i think he's the best PLAYER in the nation and was last year too. he really doesn't have any weaknesses. if he doesn't at least go to nyc this year, it's a real shame

Flying back to Houston this evening, still in Lubbock. It was the best game I've ever gone to here at Tech. Don't have a lot of time right now, but we've got Oklahoma State coming in this week. Let's dissect it tonight and win some $$. Early guess would be Tech -7ish? What do y'all think?

Back