Texans vs. Ravens Discussion Thread

As a fan, I would love to see Houston win. As a capper, I don't think they are in the same ballpark as Baltimore.

If Indy completes a pass on 4th down, Houston isn't even in the playoffs and doesn't get a game against a very flawed Cleveland team.

Just think this is a huge step up in class for them.

Not firing hard on it yet. Tough to ignore "playoff Baltimore" and if Houston is able to get a lead, can Baltimore play catch up when the stakes are high.

Interesting. With Lamar at QB, the Ravens are 1-6 ATS with extra rest, 0-6 ATS as a favorite, including that bad playoff loss to Tennessee four years ago.
It's concerning, I don't like betting much on teams with the bye. By all means I believe the Ravens win and likely by double digits, but hard to lay that many on a team off the bye. It's not just a coincidence at this point that 1 seed hardly ever both cover. Tough game to bet on for me, weather is probably going to be a hindrance for points being scored as well.

Sat will be cold in Balty. I expect a full blown gator mask, wearing the 6 foot long jacket, out of Lamar.

Last edited:
Went with Balty first half to avoid diminished scoring altogether due to weather and/or the possibility of a CJ backdoor. If throwing is difficult which it sounds like it might be, the Ravens will have the clear edge offensively and defensively on the ground.

As a fan, I would love to see Houston win. As a capper, I don't think they are in the same ballpark as Baltimore.

If Indy completes a pass on 4th down, Houston isn't even in the playoffs and doesn't get a game against a very flawed Cleveland team.

Just think this is a huge step up in class for them.

Not firing hard on it yet. Tough to ignore "playoff Baltimore" and if Houston is able to get a lead, can Baltimore play catch up when the stakes are high.

That last paragraph is the big question here

Went with Balty first half to avoid diminished scoring altogether due to weather and/or the possibility of a CJ backdoor. If throwing is difficult which it sounds like it might be, the Ravens will have the clear edge offensively and defensively on the ground.
Not worried about rust?

Not worried about rust?
Running and TE passing should lessen it, weather will likely kill that aspect of it

I don't think Houston scores much in this game anyway, rather just get the Ravens in at a number below a TD. Will be looking at game under as we get closer to kickoff if the weather is going to actually be what they're predicting. Total is already down to 43.5 so might as well wait at this point.

Running and TE passing should lessen it, weather will likely kill that aspect of it

I don't think Houston scores much in this game anyway, rather just get the Ravens in at a number below a TD. Will be looking at game under as we get closer to kickoff if the weather is going to actually be what they're predicting. Total is already down to 43.5 so might as well wait at this point.
I hear ya. Ravens are CLEARLY the better team here and should roll. It’s just hard to ignore the Ravens’ recent playoff history, and the almost 3 week layoff for many of their starters.

I understand the weather aspect but a drop to 43.5 might have been an overreaction. Maybe too much credit for Ravens D? Stroud has been unreal and played a near perfect game vs Browns D. I don't think the Ravens shut him down completely, still think Nico goes off again. Ravens have had their games defensively where they struggled. Home ot win vs Rams Stafford was dealing 31 pts allowed. I was on Ravens vs SF but without the costly Purdy mistakes it's a different game. Outgained by nearly 100 yards but 5 turnovers & 10 penalties for SF. 33 allowed at home to Cleveland followed by home game vs Cincy. Game was 14-10 2ndh q when Burrow had to exit 11-17 100 1td.

Stroud good at protecting the ball won't throw 4 picks. I'm just not sure Houston D can make enough stops here. WTF is up with the injuries for Texans D looks like half the team is questionable???

I understand the weather aspect but a drop to 43.5 might have been an overreaction. Maybe too much credit for Ravens D? Stroud has been unreal and played a near perfect game vs Browns D. I don't think the Ravens shut him down completely, still think Nico goes off again. Ravens have had their games defensively where they struggled. Home ot win vs Rams Stafford was dealing 31 pts allowed. I was on Ravens vs SF but without the costly Purdy mistakes it's a different game. Outgained by nearly 100 yards but 5 turnovers & 10 penalties for SF. 33 allowed at home to Cleveland followed by home game vs Cincy. Game was 14-10 2ndh q when Burrow had to exit 11-17 100 1td.

Stroud good at protecting the ball won't throw 4 picks. I'm just not sure Houston D can make enough stops here. WTF is up with the injuries for Texans D looks like half the team is questionable???
Yea, I’m starting to warm up to the points. ML might be a small waste, but why not? Lamar in the playoffs, ehhh. I obviously know the counterpoint and Balty certainly isn’t a Dallas by any stretch.

I do not know what to do. So I settled on this wager for Saturday's games.

$200.00 on SF -2.5 and Ravens -2.5 in a 7 point teaser risking $280. Do not remember the last time I took a 7 point teaser

Oh, do have a small wager on Ravens TT Over 27.5 -115 (its now at +100)

TEXANS OVER 16.5
3 UNITS (660/600)

SCHULTZ OVER 33.5 REC YARDS -108
2 UNITS ($432/400)

GUS EDWARDS TD +105
2 UNITS. ($400/420)

Smaller play
TEXANS to win by 1-6 points +650
0.25 units ($50/325)
Nico yards overrrrrr he had 80 in the blowout loss before him and Stroud really had the connection. I like schultz over the number too but I think Nico prop might be best otb
The Andrews loss is big, but Likely is legit. Probably going to play his yards over. Dude can catch and run!
I agree. rec yds lined 36.5 he's went over the number last 5 times he played with Lamar (I'm throwing out count the Pitt game). Almost looks too easy to me

Nico yards overrrrrr he had 80 in the blowout loss before him and Stroud really had the connection. I like schultz over the number too but I think Nico prop might be best otb

I agree. rec yds lined 36.5 he's went over the number last 5 times he played with Lamar (I'm throwing out count the Pitt game). Almost looks too easy to me

That likely prop shot up to 45.5 last night here and quickly dropped down to 36.5 , I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like it non weather related .

Yes. The too easy part is the only thing giving me pause. But he’s legit. I think he’ll be too 10 TE in a couple years

Wagers in this game for me - all 1 unit:

Texans +9.5 -110
Ravens TT Over 27.5 -115 (now at +100)
Lamar rushing Over 53.5 -110 (not sure I like this one)
Likely Over 3.5 recerptions -110
D Schultz Over 34.5 receing yards -110

Ravens -2.5/SF -2.5 2 unit 7 point teaser 280/200

Lions -.5/Over 38 in Ravens/Texans 6 point teaser

Last edited:
Back