TCU Injuries - Question For Someone in the Know

Frank Costanza

Co-Inventor of the Man's Bra
Are Hobbs, Merrill and DePriest ever going to be back? It's hard to get injury information from the Ft Worth paper. These guys are 3 of their 4 or 5 best skill players. Huge impact guys who have yet to see playing time this year. Thanks.

T-C-U - Wide receiver Derek Moore (9/19, ankle sprain) is questionable for 9/28 against B-Y-U. Running back Robert Merrill (9/19, back) is questionable for 9/28 against B-Y-U. Running back Lonta Hobbs (9/19, foot) is questionable for 9/28 against B-Y-U.

It's the NCAA and we are likely not going to find out whether these guys will play or not until gametime.

DePriest actually played versus Texas Tech

on Sept. 16. Had some balls thrown his way, but no catches.

Hobbs and Merrell have both participated in all the Frogs' practices the past week, so the feeling is that both will be ready to go against BYU on Thursday night.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Thanks for the info, pstone!
beer.gif

For those who may be wondering about injuries on the other side of the ball, Beck will play, but he will be hindered still with that ankle injury. He wears a soft cast on it every day and the coaches have said he will not be able to leave the pocket to pass -- of course, he is a pocket-passing QB anyway. Still, he will be limited with mobility.

Also, Kuresa, Robinson and Gabriel will all return to the line-up after sitting out with injuries this past week against Utah State.

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_4397106

Necro bump, but still on subject.

I see a TCU / OU line is out at 11.5. I'm assuming that big a line indicates Boykin is out, no?

Pags got a baseball school and kids were signing to colleges and so on ... think he felt he needed to not bet on college athletics anymore for appearances.

this is a top-10 bump in CTG history, lmao

I am of the of the belief that the opening number coming at 10 also reflects that they expect the QB to play, and the WR is out.

Necro bump, but still on subject.

I see a TCU / OU line is out at 11.5. I'm assuming that big a line indicates Boykin is out, no?

I don't think it does. OU has been much better than TCU this year. OU could easily lay 10 with Doctson and Boykin both healthy.

Back