Tarheels thurs - monday plays

T

Tarheel Brn&Bred

Lots of action this week and tons of possibilties are out there. It just wouldn't be Christian if I didn't play the first game. I'll admit I got a tad worried on the line drop but BC has to be the play unless the turnover battle is won in a landslide by the Chippewas.

BC returns it's above avg QB in 6-5 Matt Ryan. He completed close to or over 60% of his passes last season, but he did haver the help of a couple of seniors who are gone now. none the less, Ryan is in his junior year and things like that tend to not worry a guy who is already accomplished. He should just plug right along. besides, there will be a lot of running b/tn and outside the tackles b/c of the two guys they have in the backfield Callender and Whitworth.

The defense did lose there All American in Keywanuka (msp?) but bring back a few guys at key poitions on defense. Linebacker Brian Toal is the do-everything linebacker for this team. In a pinch, he could line up at FB and take a goal line carry if memory serves correctly. The secondary is also headed up by a couple of guys who have proven there worth in awhile as well in Silva and Tribble. This team should still be able to compete at the same level as last year.

Like I said, the only way BC cannot take this line is if they lose the turnover battle. Once again they will be solid on defense and anchored by a veteran QB and two solid RB's this should be a 20 point game give or take 3 pts.

My Pick: Boston College -11 (+100) 1 unit

more to come later. :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's get 'em, Tarheel!!
dancingcool.gif

BC +11 I still would have second thoughts but good luck.

Like it THBB. Taken them as well. Just think the bigger, stronger and faster team rolls here.

Goose----EXACTLY. their offensive line is always one of the elite in the nation. the d0-everything lineman for the Chips will be double teamed all night and I just can't see the offense getting stopped toomuch. i dunno, maybe I am hard headed!

B.A.R. and Den------thx alot guys. no since in losing the first game!

Nickfazekas----good luck to you tonight when you play CMU. someone ahs to win.

im actually rooting we both win tarheel. I lucked out and got +14 two days ago, so lets hope for a 13 point BC win so everybody who got down on a good number will start the season off with a casher:shake:

BC 13 point win:cheers:

Tarheel Brn&Bred said:
Lots of action this week and tons of possibilties are out there. It just wouldn't be Christian if I didn't play the first game. I'll admit I got a tad worried on the line drop but BC has to be the play unless the turnover battle is won in a landslide by the Chippewas.

BC returns it's above avg QB in 6-5 Matt Ryan. He completed close to or over 60% of his passes last season, but he did haver the help of a couple of seniors who are gone now. none the less, Ryan is in his junior year and things like that tend to not worry a guy who is already accomplished. He should just plug right along. besides, there will be a lot of running b/tn and outside the tackles b/c of the two guys they have in the backfield Callender and Whitworth.

The defense did lose there All American in Keywanuka (msp?) but bring back a few guys at key poitions on defense. Linebacker Brian Toal is the do-everything linebacker for this team. In a pinch, he could line up at FB and take a goal line carry if memory serves correctly. The secondary is also headed up by a couple of guys who have proven there worth in awhile as well in Silva and Tribble. This team should still be able to compete at the same level as last year.

Like I said, the only way BC cannot take this line is if they lose the turnover battle. Once again they will be solid on defense and anchored by a veteran QB and two solid RB's this should be a 20 point game give or take 3 pts.

My Pick: Boston College +11 (+100) 1 unit

more to come later. :cheers:

I always knew Tarheels caught all the breaks! A 22 point difference in lines!!! :bow: Just kidding man. I know it is a typo! GL!! money;

LMAO!

I didn't even notice it!! thx for pointing it out.

OTHER GAMES OF NOTE TONIGHT!!!

could not resist so I dropped a unit on BC in the 1st quarter as well.

My Pick: Boston College -3 (-104) 1st Quarter 1 unit

Looking at EMU and Ball St intially, I wanted to pass it up and look over this crap game. Then I took another look and went inside the numbers a bit. I am noticing that ball St is returning 10 starters form offense and whie they were not the best bunch last season, 10 starters is 10 starters and has to mean something. especially against a team like EMU. While they will burn no one up, one has to like the balance (if you do not mind me caling it that) this team has. I've read where this team is capable of running and throwing the ball. so we'll see.

The defense is returning alot of their guys too from last season, but again this team was not sooo great last year on defense either. Meanwhile EMU lost their QB and RB last year to graduation. One scary point is the new QB loves to tuck the ball and run. He's not had that much service so I really think this defense can cause him to throw some early int's and give him a friendly official hello to the MAC. Two sources have put Ball St as the best ST's unit in the MAC so hopefully this is where the game will be won.

Defense is going to have to step it up tonight for Ball St. It should be able to do just enough to get this game past the -4.

My Pick: Ball St -4 (-121) 1 unit

This will be an unpopular pick here amongst the crew. Taking Miami (Oh) here. Not going to give much of a write up but I will say that Miami (Oh) offense is more of a scheme and gimic thing than it is any player on the field. If everyone is doing the thing they are supposed to do, they can hang and even win this game. A new QB does not phase me. What should phase you N'Western guys is the new QB in the spread for the Wildcats. What I am hoping for is a combo of things. 1.) some discipline out of the young defense and 2.) a QB under center for N'Western that looks and plays green.

My Pick: Miami (Oh) +6 (-104) 1 unit

prolly sneak another play or two in here before it is all said and done. possibly a tail play from one of you guys.

GOOD LUCK FREAKS!!!

With ya on BC bro!

GL with the card 2night and the remainder of the year!

:wacka wacka:

Avatar makes me want two Q sandwhichs hold the slaw and sweet T. Good thing about B's is when you have the big one Pitt Memorial is right next door.

appreciate it fellas. Good Luck to all you guys as well.

damn BC line just keeps getting pushed down!?? -10.5 now at Pinny. anybody worried??

Paleales,

nothing like 2 huge BBQ sandwiches from B's BBQ. don't sleep late in Greenville or you'll have to wait till the next day to eat!

Texsn95,

I had considered buying it down to 11 but my brain jsut kept saying, "don't worry about it." wishing I had now. smart on your behalf. :shake:

thx for "bumping" the thread Nick!!

just for that, I got one more play!!!

My Pick: UTEP/SDSU under 48 (-101) 1.5 units

I made that green for the money I will have after it is over!!!

going for 2-3 baby!!! down only a small bit.

Back