T$T & Monday MLB

TheSportsThing

Go NY Go NY Go Go Go
Got time on my hands being off 2marrow which helps after finally having a great day which was much needed. Here is the breakdown:

NL

Hou +120: Oswalt has been Hott since coming off the DL. Houston just won their series with STL, are 7-3 last 10. Cubs lost 2 in a row and have lost 3 in a row twice and 4 in a row once this season BUT only 2 of these games were home for the 1st loss and rest were on the road. Now we have 2 losses in a row to Philly and Cubs stay home to face an ACE who looks in ACE form. I would think it's safe to say that the Cubs could lose a 3rd in a row and for the 1st time this season they will do it at home. It is a stretch but there are factors that make this look possible.

NYM -116: Small price on Santana which I'd jump on anyday. Mets beat Flka in the series, and split with Philly. Best shot is with Santana who is usually great 2nd half of season and he has showed it. Sheets has looked vulnerable of late and even though Milw has been hott lately they have been doing it against mediocre competition. Mets are NOT that. Here are the teams theyve played from recently to right before they got swept in the Cubs series: Pitt, STL, Pitt, Hou, LAD, SD, Wash, Cinn, Atl. On this note Milw has been looking like a Phenom team Esp with CC going 9 all the time. I'd gladly fade this perception of Milw and take the Mets who will not repeat what they did last season with theiir ACE pitcher who dominates 2nd half of season.

Wash +133: Wash swept ATL anbdd LAD. They have to be running on a high as of now. They get Philly with Kendrick who has been horrid of late with just about more Walks than strikeouts this month. Redding isn't much better but being at home has to help. Reddings problems have been 8 HR's in past 5 games. If I were to take Wash it would be b/c their on a minny streak at home and get Philly who must feel great taking 2 out of 4 from the cubbies after splitting 1-1 with the Mets.

STL +159: STL just got swept by Hou and they have to be pissed. Pineiro seems to fare well vs weak offensive teams which AZ seems to be. Johnson has pitched alot better compared to beggining of the year but the problem is that AZ just Dosn't score for him no matter how well he pitches. This seems like it's gonna be a close game and tight matchup but if it's a play it will have to be on the Dog at this high price.

AL

CWS +162:
Lee has lost against Cinn giving up 5er's when they had Griffey, Minny giving up 4 ER's. He's faced TB twice home and away and has won both. TB seems to struggle vs good Lefties which LEE has turned out to be. He beat LAA by 1 run during their slump as of late. His team lost the the CWS by 1 but he didn't get the Loss. His team lost to SD for him as well as a game vs Tor. He gave up 6ER to Texas but the team scored a bunch for him. Just a few pointers to how Lucjy I think Lee has fared. Lee is also the 8th pitcher since 1920 to win 19 of his first 21 decisions in a season. Few things about Clayton Richard is that he is a groundball pitcher which an 89-93 Sinker, 90-92 4 Seamer, and a low 80's changeup. I would have to fade Lee myself just like I did Webb.

Last edited:
SD/LAD Over 7.5: Young is off the DL from a strained right forearm. He is 1-3 in 10 games with a 3.74 ERA. Maddux hasn't fared well all season. Wind might be blowing out from an early perception which would help. Need to find out Umpire but I like taking an Over at such a low line.

Look at these stats with the CWS vs Cliff Lee.

White Sox hitters vs Cliff Lee

<table class="stats_table" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="ps-matchup_hdr"> <th scope="col" class="s-hitter"> </th> <th scope="col" colspan="4">2008</th> <th scope="col" colspan="4">2003-2007</th> </tr> <tr class="zebra ps-matchup_subhdr"> <th scope="col" class="s-hitter">Hitter</th> <th scope="col" class="s-avg">AVG</th> <th scope="col" class="s-ab">AB</th> <th scope="col" class="s-hr">HR</th> <th scope="col" class="s-rbi">RBI</th> <th scope="col" class="s-avg">AVG</th> <th scope="col" class="s-ab">AB</th> <th scope="col" class="s-hr">HR</th> <th scope="col" class="s-rbi">RBI</th> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row" class="s-hitter">Anderson, Brian</th> <td class="s-avg">.333</td> <td class="s-ab">3</td> <td class="s-hr">0</td> <td class="s-rbi">0</td> <td class="s-avg">.125</td> <td class="s-ab">16</td> <td class="s-hr">0</td> <td class="s-rbi">0</td> </tr> <tr class="zebra"> <th scope="row" class="s-hitter">Cabrera, Orlando</th> <td class="s-avg">.000</td> <td class="s-ab">4</td> <td class="s-hr">0</td> <td class="s-rbi">0</td> <td class="s-avg">.227</td> <td class="s-ab">22</td> <td class="s-hr">0</td> <td class="s-rbi">0</td> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row" class="s-hitter">Crede, Joe</th> <td class="s-avg">.333</td> <td class="s-ab">3</td> <td class="s-hr">0</td> <td class="s-rbi">0</td> <td class="s-avg">.360</td> <td class="s-ab">25</td> <td class="s-hr">0</td> <td class="s-rbi">2</td> </tr> <tr class="zebra"> <th scope="row" class="s-hitter">Dye, Jermaine</th> <td class="s-avg">.000</td> <td class="s-ab">3</td> <td class="s-hr">0</td> <td class="s-rbi">0</td> <td class="s-avg">.250</td> <td class="s-ab">24</td> <td class="s-hr">1</td> <td class="s-rbi">3</td> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row" class="s-hitter">Griffey Jr., Ken</th> <td class="s-avg">.333</td> <td class="s-ab">3</td> <td class="s-hr">0</td> <td class="s-rbi">1</td> <td class="s-avg">.357</td> <td class="s-ab">14</td> <td class="s-hr">3</td> <td class="s-rbi">4</td> </tr> <tr class="zebra"> <th scope="row" class="s-hitter">Hall, Toby</th> <td class="s-avg">-</td> <td class="s-ab">-</td> <td class="s-hr">-</td> <td class="s-rbi">-</td> <td class="s-avg">.353</td> <td class="s-ab">17</td> <td class="s-hr">1</td> <td class="s-rbi">2</td> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row" class="s-hitter">Konerko, Paul</th> <td class="s-avg">-</td> <td class="s-ab">-</td> <td class="s-hr">-</td> <td class="s-rbi">-</td> <td class="s-avg">.359</td> <td class="s-ab">39</td> <td class="s-hr">5</td> <td class="s-rbi">14</td> </tr> <tr class="zebra"> <th scope="row" class="s-hitter">Owens, Jerry</th> <td class="s-avg">-</td> <td class="s-ab">-</td> <td class="s-hr">-</td> <td class="s-rbi">-</td> <td class="s-avg">.500</td> <td class="s-ab">4</td> <td class="s-hr">0</td> <td class="s-rbi">3</td> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row" class="s-hitter">Phillips, Paul</th> <td class="s-avg">-</td> <td class="s-ab">-</td> <td class="s-hr">-</td> <td class="s-rbi">-</td> <td class="s-avg">.000</td> <td class="s-ab">2</td> <td class="s-hr">0</td> <td class="s-rbi">0</td> </tr> <tr class="zebra"> <th scope="row" class="s-hitter">Pierzynski, A.J.</th> <td class="s-avg">.500</td> <td class="s-ab">4</td> <td class="s-hr">0</td> <td class="s-rbi">0</td> <td class="s-avg">.357</td> <td class="s-ab">28</td> <td class="s-hr">1</td> <td class="s-rbi">3</td> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row" class="s-hitter">Quentin, Carlos</th> <td class="s-avg">.333</td> <td class="s-ab">3</td> <td class="s-hr">0</td> <td class="s-rbi">0</td> <td class="s-avg">.333</td> <td class="s-ab">3</td> <td class="s-hr">0</td> <td class="s-rbi">0</td> </tr> <tr class="zebra"> <th scope="row" class="s-hitter">Ramirez, Alexei</th> <td class="s-avg">.000</td> <td class="s-ab">2</td> <td class="s-hr">0</td> <td class="s-rbi">1</td> <td class="s-avg">.000</td> <td class="s-ab">2</td> <td class="s-hr">0</td> <td class="s-rbi">1</td> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row" class="s-hitter">Swisher, Nick</th> <td class="s-avg">.000</td> <td class="s-ab">2</td> <td class="s-hr">0</td> <td class="s-rbi">0</td> <td class="s-avg">.364</td> <td class="s-ab">11</td> <td class="s-hr">0</td> <td class="s-rbi">0</td> </tr> <tr class="zebra"> <th scope="row" class="s-hitter">Thome, Jim</th> <td class="s-avg">.333</td> <td class="s-ab">3</td> <td class="s-hr">0</td> <td class="s-rbi">0</td> <td class="s-avg">.238</td> <td class="s-ab">21</td> <td class="s-hr">1</td> <td class="s-rbi">4</td> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row" class="s-hitter">Uribe, Juan</th> <td class="s-avg">-</td> <td class="s-ab">-</td> <td class="s-hr">-</td> <td class="s-rbi">-</td> <td class="s-avg">.286</td> <td class="s-ab">35</td> <td class="s-hr">2</td> <td class="s-rbi">6</td></tr></tbody></table>

CWS +162 (5 Units)

I'm just in love with these plays today. Dunno what that means but I've analyzed each game to the fullest today. Hope for the best.

Houston in the books. STL not looking good but to hell with them.

Adding: CWS +154 (5 more Units) Line is moving down as expected so I'm jumping on them bigger.

Back