*** Super Bowl LII Discussion ***

Think people maybe waiting on Gronk confirm?

I know everyone expects him to play but when he gets officially cleared I think we see a move
Maybe?

Maybe it does settle around 4.5 or so.

I have absolutely no interest in touching the spread in this game.

I do have NE PK +100 (lol, side bet with someone for 2 units) so I may hedge a bit on ML.

Yes it's nice to put some wagers with my Phily friends that don't care about the points, cause "We gonna win str8 up" logic. If they want to play it, i'll take it.

i was reading that this is the biggest qb mismatch in super bowl history....and they listed all the other ones and 2 of the mismatches actually won close games but the most of them was a blowout

The barn well article is bullshit.

I wouldn’t read into it.

Something that long is hullshit.

Tell me in a few sentences the keys.

The longer a write up is the more it loses.
If you are right you will be right / no long write up needed

I don't want to bet the Eagles cause I think the Pats will win in the end. I don't want to bet the Pats cause they'll probably win by a FG. I don't want to take the Pats ML cause it's too expensive. I'm leaning Philly +4.5 but man something tells me the Pats finally roll in a Super Bowl and Foles screws up.

Basically I have no idea wtf I want to do with this game LOL.

wonder what the eagles conditioning program is like? the pats do a lot of after practice conditioning that the players say really sucks,hill sprints and the like, and they say that they can feel it at the end of games when the other team appears tired and they are still fresh....atl was really tired in the 4th last year as was jax 2 weeks ago....4th quarter pats bet maybe?

wonder what the eagles conditioning program is like? the pats do a lot of after practice conditioning that the players say really sucks,hill sprints and the like, and they say that they can feel it at the end of games when the other team appears tired and they are still fresh....atl was really tired in the 4th last year as was jax 2 weeks ago....4th quarter pats bet maybe?

Eagles didn’t play too many games where they were on the field for long periods.

Matt Ryan was moving it on the eagles fairly easily.

No teams likely even practice conditioning except for the patriots. The patriots seem to do all the smart things while most other teams employ the Jeff Fisher john fox thinking of I’ll just Schmooze with high level executives and suck up and not bother to even think about anything new innovative or even smart.

ha ha....love the humor here

just played golf with my book.....he thinks that the line will stay as is, maybe bump to 5 late tomorrow, money evening out in the big house although his personal stuff is eagles heavy, looking for pats money, offering me even money and maybe +10, i've read to much and studied to much and i am just looking for things that support the outcome i am looking for but i had this thought that most of the support i have seen for the eagles seem to be reaching for a conclusion that would support the philly side. more so than the pats side....but maybe i'm delusional....back when the pats played the bears in the bowl i remember a lot of the same thing in the new england area people thinking that 8.5 was too much to lay and after i was talking to a guy from the mid west and he said "dude, everyone in the country knew the bears were going to smash the pats except people in new england" anyway i am going to list down as many different aspects of this game as i can and apply an edge to each category and see where it ends up.....will post tomorrow

but it is all for naught if the universe has spoken as to the outcome

Just asked daughter who is pure fade material who would win.

She said the Eagles which bodes well for pats backers.

Might have to send this to a referendum

Conflicting messages. Universe eagles and daughter eagles who is always wrong

I don't want to bet the Eagles cause I think the Pats will win in the end. I don't want to bet the Pats cause they'll probably win by a FG. I don't want to take the Pats ML cause it's too expensive. I'm leaning Philly +4.5 but man something tells me the Pats finally roll in a Super Bowl and Foles screws up.

Basically I have no idea wtf I want to do with this game LOL.

I feel ya, I'm close to not even playing it, maybe trying to just find some props (will flu bug keep pink's anthem time under 2 min? Prob not! Lol).

After the conf champ games I was pretty sure I was gonna be on philly with the points but more I thought bout it and saw lots on philly the less I felt good about it. Philly plays a lot of zone, Brady carved up zone. Let's be real about foles, it took pederson and crew sitting down and figuring out what foles does well to have him succeed, don't we know hoody will be able to figure out those things and take them away? Initially I thought that would mean sacrificing run defense and it still may, just not sure a strong run game gonna beat Brady when he picking a zone apart!!

I'm to the point I think have to bite the bullet and lay the juice on pats ml if I'm gonna bet it. Starting to see some sites under -200, I think less than that a steal actually.

Eagles...

Not much time at work... but...

First off, "clutch", which has been debated ad nauseum, does not exist. Players are put in situations. Each very different. I would not call Brady "clutch" yesterday. Driving 30 yards for the winning TD at home just doesn't seem out of the ordinary in any way.

The Patriots will not win simply because of some voodoo magic. It matters not how many times they have been to this game.

The only game that matters is this one. Other than the QB, TE and in general Special Teams, I do not see an area in which the Pats have a clear cut advantage over the Eagles. I'd like to know how many Patriot defenders would start on this Eagles defense. McCourty and........ Lots of talk about the Patriot run attack. I'll take Ajayi, Blount and Clement.

I think the coaching is a lot closer than will be given credit this week. What kind of scheme does Pederson run (ESPECIALLY with Foles who reminds me a lot of a certain QB for the team I like)? What kind of scheme has had success against the Patriots. The Run-Pass Option. If you think Andy Reid's fingerprints wont be on this gameplan (note, not the clock or lead management), you'd be wrong. KC ran it well, Houston ran it well, Carolina ran it well, Buffalo ran it well in the rematch and Jacksonville did yesterday.

I think the Eagles will score a bunch here.

I eliminated some other irrelevant sentences about clutch. Point being, it was a gamble, but backing the Eagles made sense in a lot of ways. Sure, Tom put up 500. Yes he did. Pats could not run the ball. Middle collapsed all game on them and even though no sacks, it seemed like he was getting hit all day. RPO man. Foles had the one unlucky interception but in my opinion was never rattled last night and the Eagles were always one step ahead.

Malcolm Butler though. WTF was that shit. It better come out that he killed someone. Cause you play 98% of the snaps all year and then get benched for Rowe, Bademosi, etc?

Good season everyone

I eliminated some other irrelevant sentences about clutch. Point being, it was a gamble, but backing the Eagles made sense in a lot of ways. Sure, Tom put up 500. Yes he did. Pats could not run the ball. Middle collapsed all game on them and even though no sacks, it seemed like he was getting hit all day. RPO man. Foles had the one unlucky interception but in my opinion was never rattled last night and the Eagles were always one step ahead.

Malcolm Butler though. WTF was that shit. It better come out that he killed someone. Cause you play 98% of the snaps all year and then get benched for Rowe, Bademosi, etc?

Good season everyone

Butler was benched, because of strategy. The strategy was to put bigger taller guys that can tackle.

Bellichek didn’t want the eagles to run the ball and shorten the game. So he forced eagles to pass the ball and enticed them by removing butler.

Philly obliged and passed more.

End of day they had the eagles to fourth down on the eagles final drive.

Once again 3-3 the defense let them down and blew the lead. Vs giants twice and now Eagles.

However the defense won the game vs Seattle and vs Atlanta with timely plays.

Bellichek let’s teams move it on his defense on purpose to taje other elements away and also to strategize and give brady the ball more.

Butler is a good tackler

He was known as a good tackler but was struggling big time in the playoffs.

The Jags were targeting him vs Marquise lee and he beat butler several times.

Vs Tennesee Butler was pathetic. On that late garbage td by Tennesee he allowed 3 straight fourth down conversions to Corey Davis and I believe Erik decker.

Butlers play late in that game is some of the worst football technique I have ever seen in a decade. He was brutal on defense as they gave up that late td because of him. 1 player he stood out as being weak .

Vs the jags he was weak again getting burned and apparently bortles missed several opportunities where butler was burned by his receiver.

I think really Butler was struggling. The tape doesent lie. He wasn’t playing well Vs Tennesee and vs jags.

Eric Rowe is 205 lbs and 6’1.
Butler is 5’10 185 lbs.

Eagles are massive. Above the rim guys.

Jefferey is 6’5
ERTZ is 6’5
Aghalor is 6’2
Smith is 6’2

Butler was a weak link identified by bill. He was benched because just like in soccer he was out of form.

Back