*** Super Bowl LII Discussion ***

Anyway this is pointless, it's a super bowl not thread not about the league

You've said 1000 times your not watching the game, everyone gets it at this point

Thread is for discussion about the game

And if I'm awake I'll likely accidentally watch the game. It was tongue in cheek

anyone have an opinion on the total....i'm confused on it currently, i had originally thought under with these two defenses but out of the last bunch of bowls i think only one has been under 50....not sure though

Only thought I'm putting into this is that Philly will employ the same operation as Jacksonville and have a similar defense. See it somewhat similar as that game.

Eagles...

Not much time at work... but...

First off, "clutch", which has been debated ad nauseum, does not exist. Players are put in situations. Each very different. I would not call Brady "clutch" yesterday. Driving 30 yards for the winning TD at home just doesn't seem out of the ordinary in any way.

The Patriots will not win simply because of some voodoo magic. It matters not how many times they have been to this game.

The only game that matters is this one. Other than the QB, TE and in general Special Teams, I do not see an area in which the Pats have a clear cut advantage over the Eagles. I'd like to know how many Patriot defenders would start on this Eagles defense. McCourty and........ Lots of talk about the Patriot run attack. I'll take Ajayi, Blount and Clement.

I think the coaching is a lot closer than will be given credit this week. What kind of scheme does Pederson run (ESPECIALLY with Foles who reminds me a lot of a certain QB for the team I like)? What kind of scheme has had success against the Patriots. The Run-Pass Option. If you think Andy Reid's fingerprints wont be on this gameplan (note, not the clock or lead management), you'd be wrong. KC ran it well, Houston ran it well, Carolina ran it well, Buffalo ran it well in the rematch and Jacksonville did yesterday.

I think the Eagles will score a bunch here.

And another clutch post just popped up..... Go research how many time Jordan and Kobe, etc DIDNT make the last shot, or turned the ball over at the end of a game. The Patriots had very few opportunities to be "clutch this year". And they failed as much as they succeeded. But all we talk about are the wins. The big shots are the ones that are remembered. Hence why Tony Romo was one of the best 4th Quarter comeback QBs this century. But universally regarded as "not clutch"

I gotta work... I'll be around.. I know this is not a popular opinion. There's talent. There's opportunity. There's success and failure. There's no clutch gene. If you are handicapping based on emotions and innate qualities, good luck.

Great point and very similar to the jags as well, and I think everyone would agree with a better offense or offensive scheme we might have a different afc champ

Eagles have top 3 o line and d line, and I don't think the pats are top 10 or even maybe 15 in either. The Reid link is really interesting too, I would think Pederson and Reid at least have a chat if not a film session over the chiefs offensive success vs the pats the last few years.

The Eagles should dominate the trenches on both sides of the ball.

The biggest concern is TE though, they have struggled vs it and if Gronk is healthy this is the game where you throw it his way 15 times.

Stadium edge goes to pats too. This was before last year's superbowl so may have switched a bit but Brady gets a bump indoors.

• Brady in a dome: 67.4%, 8.64 YPA, 6.9 TD%, 2.62% INT, 106.42 rating
  • Brady outdoors: 63.15%, 7.35 YPA, 5.39% TD, 1.93% INT, 95.28 rating

I imagine at some point they go no huddle like vs the titans, I know for them it was moreso because they didn't have guys to rotate in the d line. But the pats arent winning this game pounding the rock. Quick passes, no huddle, intermediate throws is their path to success

Really interesting matchup, Brady is the ultimate x factor

anyone have an opinion on the total....i'm confused on it currently, i had originally thought under with these two defenses but out of the last bunch of bowls i think only one has been under 50....not sure though

At first glance my though would be like cap said Philly runs a successful scheme vs pats historically so they should score

Which means pats are passing a lot, I'd lean over

At first glance my though would be like cap said Philly runs a successful scheme vs pats historically so they should score

Which means pats are passing a lot, I'd lean over

You have to like over. 2 teams that are good offensively vs defenses that haven’t seen each other play.

You figure it could easily be a 31-24 special

Brady in the dome is really tough.

Eagles need Fletcher Cox to cause mayhem in this game. The d line has to dominate.

Eagles are solid in the trenches.

I believe to beat the patriots you need to do 2 things.

1- RUN THE BALL ON them. Especially in the 2 nd half. Recently pats seem to be getting run on early and then shutting down the run in the 2nd half.

2- Stop the Patriots in the fourth qtr and don’t allow cheap pass interference calls.

I’m debating turfing the white cat avatar kJ.

Suffered some losses on the weekend and I’m not impressed by the white cat.

I may switch to something new.

When you give up, you've failed the greater cause

The luck of the white cat did not materialize

First Saban burning me with Alabama

Then Pats screwing me vs jags

The cat may be on probation but for the greater cause I may give him one more chance—

I was thinking of replacing the white cat avatar with Alex Guerrero. The mystery man.

I’m not sure why all Nfl qbs don’t have a personal Alex Guerrero.

Like The eagles have a monk on the sidelines to help Foles.

The luck of the white cat did not materialize

First Saban burning me with Alabama

Then Pats screwing me vs jags

The cat may be on probation but for the greater cause I may give him one more chance
The cat is calculated and doesn't care about immediate satisfaction

It's all about the end game. Days, weeks, months....the cat don't give a fuck. Jimbo Jenkins needs the KO, the white cat needs sustained success

The cat is calculated and doesn't care about immediate satisfaction

It's all about the end game. Days, weeks, months....the cat don't give a fuck. Jimbo Jenkins needs the KO, the white cat needs sustained success

I like it buddy. You seem wiser today?

Have you been associating with saintly ppl?

Hahahahaha at all of you “im not even gonna watch the game” losers. Like you got anything better to do on a sunday. So much whining about the league being dead by ppl who watch from the couch & think they have a clue.

If you cant appreciate a game that has one team getting there by winning 2 games as an underdog, including a total blowout against the annointed best defense in the league, going against the GOAT qb & coach at the end of their dynasty, then i dont know what you want.

But my guess is 100% of you will watch, you just like to whine about it.

Eagles ML btw.

Hahahahaha at all of you “im not even gonna watch the game” losers. Like you got anything better to do on a sunday. So much whining about the league being dead by ppl who watch from the couch & think they have a clue.

If you cant appreciate a game that has one team getting there by winning 2 games as an underdog, including a total blowout against the annointed best defense in the league, going against the GOAT qb & coach at the end of their dynasty, then i dont know what you want.

Eagles ML btw.

I think its a fantastic matchup---

I think these are the 2 best teams in the NFL- Eagles would have been favoured had Wentz been healthy--

top 2 teams- interesting styles- Could be a classic---

Eagles have a chance- They are a top 2 team- If HOT FOLES shows up they are going to give the Pats everything they wanted and more--

Eagles will have the Underdog mentality- Sometimes it pushes teams to victory-

Lately superbowls have been classics-- I think this game has the potential to be really good-

I don’t think the Eagles would’ve been favored with Wentz just bc pats are such a public team but itd be below 3. Or maybe 3 exactly.

One thing I cannot be ignored is how good Doug has been at coaching to the game flow. Bellichick is the best a that, but Doug is grear too. Both teams will be prepared.

Doug came from KC & the chiefs have handed the patriots some big losses over the last couple years. Not surprise me if he utilizes his former teams play book

I don’t think the Eagles would’ve been favored with Wentz just bc pats are such a public team but itd be below 3. Or maybe 3 exactly.

One thing I cannot be ignored is how good Doug has been at coaching to the game flow. Bellichick is the best a that, but Doug is grear too. Both teams will be prepared.

Doug came from KC & the chiefs have handed the patriots some big losses over the last couple years. Not surprise me if he utilizes his former teams play book

It seems like the RPO game and the COLLEGE game is translating to the NFL--

Consider that SABAN beats every single team in College- The only 3 QBS who had any success vs SABAN in the past 10 seasons has been DESEAN WATSON JOHNY MANZIEL and TIM TEBOW

All mobile guys that could run and throw-- Keep the defence guessing--

IN the PROS- Much of the same- The only Qbs to give the pats trouble are teams that employ the RPO-- Chiefs - Desean Watson hung a big number on them-

So I do like Pederson- I like his play calls- I like everything about him-- Also FRANK REICH is no joke- He knows the game inside out- He is also involved in these play cals--

The Eagles are running essentially a college offense-- However this college offence is working in the NFL and won CLEMSON a national title-

THE RPO is what you need to keep pats off balance---

If COX BARNET and Crew can pressure Brady I feel that Darby Jenkins and Dawkins can hold the secondary up

DWOW when FOLES plays well the Eagles will win pretty much---

The Eagles went on a huge run with FOLES a few years ago- He beat everyone--

When Foles is on they are dominant--

Clearly the Vikings defence was no match for Pederson-

If Doug can call a good game the Eagles have a shot--

Also how is Shwartz history vs BRADY?

Unlike other coaches outside mcvay Pederson will be playing to win like no other. 55 secs left in 1st half, he wont be kneeling. His foot will be on pedal. IMO its going over. Foles had 26 td and 2 ints few ears back. Pederson is Bellichick/mcdaniel equal. Bortles looked great against pats d and if he just threw 4th down pass out front their going to SB. First good game gilmore had all year. Pats bend dont break, but they do. Foles can win SN no doubt.

Have you ever seen Heaven Can Wait? Its his time.

Unlike other coaches outside mcvay Pederson will be playing to win like no other. 55 secs left in 1st half, he wont be kneeling. His foot will be on pedal. IMO its going over. Foles had 26 td and 2 ints few ears back. Pederson is Bellichick/mcdaniel equal. Bortles looked great against pats d and if he just threw 4th down pass out front their going to SB. First good game gilmore had all year. Pats bend dont break, but they do. Foles can win SN no doubt.

Have you ever seen Heaven Can Wait? Its his time.

It would be a fascinating story for FOLES to win it all--

I agree with Pederson- He is aggressive- He always gambles on fourth down- I love DOUG--

Perhaps to beat the PATS you can't be scared of BILL like Dan Quinn was and Doug Marrone was!

You have to just take him out like TOM COUGHLIN did- Coughlin wasn't intimidated- He said we are going to beat you patriots up physically and his giants did that--

I would like to see the Eagles use Alsean Jeffery against Malcom Butler-- I feel Butler is the weak link- Just throw it deep- Butler will interfere with Jeffery or Smith

This game is Eerily reminiscent of the Saints Colts Super Bowl in which the saints won--

Saints were the top seed and undefeated until they struggled their last 2-3 games and people wrote them off--

They were playing a legend QB PEYTON MANNING--

Saints were the TOP NFC SEED and won 2 games to get to the big dance--

End of the day it was the SAINTS offence and BREES that dominated and won the game--

This game reminds me of it because the EAGLES were the top NFC seed and the best team in the NFL for a good portion of the season--

Everybody wrote the Eagles off with FOLES- No one even gave them a chance vs ATLANTA and vs MINNY--

They are coming into this game with NO RESPECT and with a chip on their shoulder--

I could see the eagles winning and then saying hey we were the best team all year, NOBODY cared to believe us-

The Eagles have nothing to lose--

Peterson can dial up flee flickers and crazy formations-- He can do whatever he wants--

He is playing with house money as opposed to BELLICHEK who plays it safe and relies on superior brains to outreach the idiotic offensive and defensive coordinators that 90% of the teams employ in the league-

Shanahan almost had BILL defeated last year--

Maybe PETERSON is the guy to defeat BILL--

Bills luck has to be running out soon

cat man, enough with the luck thing....cats don't rely on luck, they just hang around and wait for you to fuck up and then look at you with disdain...just like Bill

Philly and Foles just played an A+ game while NE was outplayed and probably should have lost had the Jags not tightened up.

Anyone playing Philly here is basically banking on them playing an A+ game two games in a row and the Pats playing subpar two games in a row....good luck with that.

With two weeks you better believe Belichick will take away those RPO slants from Foles. Foles was putrid on deep passes before last week and really just chucked some balls up and got lucky. Too much Foles gushing. He sucks and Belichick is going to make him uncomfortable and when you are uncomfortable you revert to what you really are.

Eagles ML btw.
I do it's called the Phoenix fucking Open. And I'll still prolly watch this sack.

Loser.

Worse than Philly fan out here? That's not tough, they are ok and act like Cards losers like me. Pats douches are the worst. Got sucker punched by one of those cum stains at the bahhhhh because he's better than you. Fuck that guy.

Foles played the game of his life, I’ll pay to see
him do it again.

Pats game planning/adjustments are the best in the league.

Don’t know if they’ll cover but they’ll find a way to win.

Brady over completions and attempts will be bet, he’ll throw it a ton. I think I like Pats 30-20 at first glance.

Foles played the game of his life, I’ll pay to see
him do it again.

Pats game planning/adjustments are the best in the league.

Don’t know if they’ll cover but they’ll find a way to win.

Brady over completions and attempts will be bet, he’ll throw it a ton. I think I like Pats 30-20 at first glance.

Eagles #1 rushing defense means Brady will throw it a ton. Also brady will have the ball more in this game than vs the Jags.

Brady will throw all day long.

in previous TB12 SB games, pats have yet to score in 1Q i do believe

Yes they are very strategic. They feel the other team out. They don’t care about the score early on
They play to win the second half and the game.

As the game progresses they adjust and start to tire out the defense.

They are strategic. As the game goes on they make their move.

They are beatable. The opponent has chances to execute and must execute. They must not make dan Quinn coaching blunders.

They must stay aggressive and they must try to think hhmmm wonder what the patriots will adjust?

Watching pathetic coordinators like Tennesee and then the jags offensive coordinator call a pathetic 2nd half makes me wonder how do these guys even get jobs coaching.
It wasn’t genius thinking to realize Bellichek was blitzing bortles all second half? Why run right into the blitz?

Pedersin is smarter. He won’t make stupid errors when you have the pats on the ropes.

One thing of note.

How good is pederson??

Well he put 51 on Denver earlier!

Then put a 38 spot on Minny and Zimmer.

If he calls a good gane he can score on the patriots.

Patriots defense is good not amazing. They just have the best coaching and they intimidate other coordinators and likely work smarter and 10x harder as well.

They just want it more. They are champions. They breed excellence. They focus. They don’t complain. They do their jobs. They work as a unit. They strategize.

Seattle and Atlanta coaching staffs blew it. They didn’t have a culture of excellence and attention to detail.

Big Ben said it when he said patriots are like men and the Steelers are little kids , in fighting no smarts dancing too much etc.

Last edited:
The Eagles success thus far in the playoffs can be directly attributed to their home field, and literally the field/grass.

Very similar to the Panthers 2 years back. Vikings were running in mud on that field and the Falcons couldn't move the ball. Impossible to prepare for those circumstances when you're not living there. It happens all the time.

These small receivers for NE will love the turf. Billy B will back off and play coverage. Blount and Ajayi, two below average RBs will not have success vs. this Pats front.

agree with d-woww that you do not win 38-7 because of the field but it helps when you get a pic-6, a viking turnover in the red zone, a 53 yard school yard play and a 41 yard flea flicker, plays you are probably not going to get against a disciplined d on turf...so i am most likely off any under totals in this game as the eagles have very innovative play calling minds and they could prove difficult for the pats d....foles is not a comfortable pocket passer and he's not accurate and he doesn't have a strong arm, but he does have guys calling plays that play to his strength,lots of runs (62 last 2 weeks) mixed in with the run-pass option where he hands off to the backs or hits the receivers on quick slants or swings or keeps it himself....tough to defend, pats will have to be disciplined and stay on their assignments....eagles use all 3 receivers equally and although not great they are effective...pats will have to blitz a lot i think to get foles off his spot and get him uncomfortable....on d the eagles are good, pats will not be able to run on them so it will most likely be a shotgun game for brady looking to pick apart the cover 3 zone they employ, the front four is worrysome to the pats as their tackles should be able to manhandle mason and if so they will get to brady and the pats will be in trouble....if the o line holds up for the pats brady should pick the cover 3 zone apart or use gronk or amendola in man coverage....eagles road vs home stats are a little revealing...

total yards allowed....home 285....road 332
rush yards per play...home 3.3......road 4.3
all 7 rushing td's allowed came on the road
pass yards per play...home 6.06...road 6.85
opp passer rating......home 74.2...road 84.6
points allowed per game....home 12.4....road 23.5

you can make a case that the pats played better on the road but realistically they are more comfortable at home....so i can see points in this one and may go over and currently can see this being a grind just like last week....should be a good game...pats 15-0 against teams in the playoffs that they did not play during that year....eagles teased up to 11 or 12 appears attractive currently but not sure i can do that

I love the Super Bowl....don’t know why b/c my team never plays in it. It’s 1 game id rather watch at home with less people...commercials, props, squares, etc. Been some great games lately except for Car/Denver which was the worst of my lifetime probably. I had hit about 6-7 straight sides until that turd.

I like eagles with the points but no way touching the ml. Shame wentz isn't healthy as I think philly has proven they were far and away best team this season but just don't see a backup qb beating Brady and hoody. I think the eagles defense and rushing attack will keep it competitive but when it close late only one side has a qb you can trust to make big plays.

Alright, down to 4.5...

Figured bottom out would be 4.5...maybe 4....

I would expect it to go back up a bit next week...

Philly and Foles just played an A+ game while NE was outplayed and probably should have lost had the Jags not tightened up.

Anyone playing Philly here is basically banking on them playing an A+ game two games in a row and the Pats playing subpar two games in a row....good luck with that.

With two weeks you better believe Belichick will take away those RPO slants from Foles. Foles was putrid on deep passes before last week and really just chucked some balls up and got lucky. Too much Foles gushing. He sucks and Belichick is going to make him uncomfortable and when you are uncomfortable you revert to what you really are.

I agree pats will take away the things foles comfortable with. I also think taking those things away comes at a price and that price will be eagles rushing the ball with a lot of success. The eagles been playing A+ all season, why should we expect them not to here? I think it pretty tough to argue with wentz eagles were the best team all season. Clearly no wentz and no I don't think foles will be incredible, I do think Peterson will again put him in a position to have success and definitely think eagles ground game will be a factor, certainly expect the defense to play well. Pats probably do win but I'm thrilled with eagles and the points.

Alright, down to 4.5...

Figured bottom out would be 4.5...maybe 4....

I would expect it to go back up a bit next week...

Think people maybe waiting on Gronk confirm?

I know everyone expects him to play but when he gets officially cleared I think we see a move

Back