**************Super Bowl Ingame***************

I'm no Dusty fan but haven't seen him fuck anything up in this one, third base coach changed the game

you don't take your starting pitcher out after the HR. He was pitching well.

Dusty usually catches flack for leaving pitchers in too long. He can't win if this is the case. Max threw 99 pitches and would have been on his 3rd/4th time through the lineup. At some point, the players have to take the blame for not doing their jobs.

99 pitches? Since when did pitchers become pussies? He's your horse. You leave him in until his arm falls off ffs.

you don't take your starting pitcher out after the HR. He was pitching well.

Man I've watched every pitch of this game and he was working HARD, balls were missing his spots and I kinda figured it was a matter of time before he got tagged. They barreled a couple in the first evening even and pitch count was up there. I wasn't upset at the move considering I'm fully invested in this team tonight.

Bullpen has looked shaken, and of course the 3B coach with the massive momentum swinger

99 pitches? Since when did pitchers become pussies? He's your horse. You leave him in until his arm falls off ffs.

I don't necessarily disagree, but Max is giving max effort out there (pun intended) so those are strenuous pitches. And again, if he leaves him out there and the same thing happened, he'd be blamed for leaving him out there. He's in a no win situation. At what point do the players take the blame?

It also matters that he was about to face guys for the 4th time, regardless of him not having thrown 120+ pitches yet.

League had a plan tonight.

Doncs played like shit in the 1st half but the refs weren't gonna let them comeback.

I don't necessarily disagree, but Max is giving max effort out there (pun intended) so those are strenuous pitches. And again, if he leaves him out there and the same thing happened, he'd be blamed for leaving him out there. He's in a no win situation. At what point do the players take the blame?
they absolutely share some blame as does the 3rd base coach

they absolutely share some blame as does the 3rd base coach

Right. So the more we break it down, Dusty shouldn't shoulder that much blame. I'm also no Dusty fan (as a manager), so I'm not blindly defending the guy. I think he's usually pretty horrible, but he's gotten better and this year he's been really good...and tonight it's really tough to blame him.

Does Roberts take heat for PHing for Urias now when Culberson, who replaced him, came in to bunt anyway? Urias could have done what Culberson did, he bunted a 3rd strike foul for an out after failing to get the bunt down on the first 2 attempts. It's a never ending blame game if you really wanna do it.

might just be where the Nats are with their lineup though. bottom of the order coming in the next inning or two so easier match ups for other relievers. think we'll see a number of pitching moves if that's the case.

Back