SUNDAY MORNING COFFEE--Week 8 Line Predictions (LINES ARE OUT!)

I like Texas at a TD or less.

Sorry I haven't been around today. Work and trial prep this morning.

Nothing too exciting I guess. Getting ready for when the rest are released at 4 or 5.

"What about the over 41.5 on the Tenn/Ala game? Tennessee should be able to equal what Florida did and put up 4 TDs against Bama. Tennessee's defense is not the greatest this year as Air Force put up 17 on the first half and Georgia put up 24. Alabama should be able to muster at least that over the course of the whole game. This game was low scoring the last two years but the defenses of both teams are down so getting some good value here."

CFB ACE posted that in my thread... I don't have a feel of SEC teams as much as I'd like to. What do you guys think?

I was thinking it was low fondy.. but both of bamas wr's got hurt last game

Well, the ND line continues to fall. Looks like I guessed wrong there, but oh well, that's the risk you take sometimes. Not gonna sweat it though and have no problem admitting when I made a mistake with a line move as we all know taking the chance on these early lines is always a risky move. ND got up to 14 110, but now you can get 12 108 at Pinny. Interesting line drop to say the least, but I still think it gets back above 14 once the pro action ends later tonight.

Texas is up to 7 116 so feeling good about that one still as 6.5 is long gone as the juice is now in the mid 130s for that line.

Interested in the Clem/GT line move as that one as been all over the board. First it moved a bunch in Tech's favor, now back strong in Clemson's favor, now at +10 109, up from a low of 8.5 at one point.

Can't believe Pinny isn't gonna get the rest of these up before I gotta leave outta here, oh well...

Waiting on the following in case anyone is interested. This list is purely based on matchups in which I think a certain team is in a good spot or has a favorable matchup in one way or the other vs the opposing team...

CMU (would jump at 3 or less)
MSU (would jump at 6 or less)
OSU (would jump at 24 or less, but would still consider anything under 27)
NIU (same as OSU)
Michigan (would take a look at anything under DD, but would love under 7, knowing I won't get it though)
Cal (same as Michigan)
WMU (interested in anything around 3)

Not much more that jumps out at me in terms of matchups so focused on these right now.

CB

Since I am a little late to the party that is CTG, figured I would post this for anyone who is interested since there are a few names on here that I don't recognize, and who are probably wondering who the heck I am and what I am doing in this thread haha.

CarolinaBlue Documented Record Year to Date through Week 7 in CFB:

Home Favs 10-7 (58.8%)
Road Favs 21-13 (61.8%)
Total Favs 31-20 (60.8%)

Home Dogs 2-2 (50.0%)
Road Dogs 13-6 (68.4%)
Total Dogs 15-8 (65.2%)

Overall 46-28 (62.2%)

Now if only I could just have more balls to take more dogs each week (road dogs in particular), my percentage would probably be even higher than 62%.

Thanks, CB.

Good to see you posting here.

If we can get Garf and Matador over here more often we will have an awesome Sunday morning crew (better than the excellent crew we have already).

i knew you had to be hitting 60% but you never post your rcord glad to see that i wish wveryone would post in their signature

Fondy - My wife is still waiting for the week that I actually lay cash on Eastern Michigan since that is her alma mater. I keep telling her I am waiting for the right spot since I promised her I would play em eventually. Almost got suckered into them vs ULL but laid off. Time is runnin out for me so gotta find a spot to take a shot on em sooner or later haha.

yeah ND looks like a great play. UCLA should have lost by 17-20 points. The final score at ORE is far misleading.

ADDING
$175 Rutgers +7
$175 Michigan State -7
$100 Louisville -18
$100 Texas -6
$75 Michigan -14
$75 LSU -30
$100 N. Illinois -34

That's true. Thanks for the reminder.

I'm done for now.

Only play so far--Texas -5.5.

Texas wins by a TD+.

So far, I'm on UConn/WVU over 48 (and yes I still like it at 49), Oregon State -2.5, Notre Dame -12.5 (call me public for this, but c'mon-pac 10 team coming to real football country? i'm all over that), and Texas -6.5. Wish I had caught Texas when it was at 6, though.

Most of these lines are right about where I expected them, unfortunately.

Where do you guys view the matchups? most sites dont have the data up until tmmrw? Or are you just looking at undivual team info?

SportsNut said:
Where do you guys view the matchups? most sites dont have the data up until tmmrw? Or are you just looking at undivual team info?

Nut, what are you talking about?

The lines are up right now at Pinny and BetCris.

Are you asking where are we getting our info so we can do full analysis? We don't do that today. We know the teams and are shopping rogue lines before they move.

Ppa316 said:
i do depending on the guys that are suspended. are the 8 guys starters? anyone have any insight?

What's up, Ppa? Good call on Texas. I had it before I knew you did but I was happy to hear it when Den said you were on it too.

Sorry about Liquid but you're going to have a better situation soon.

Gotcha..

Was just curious...

Had some time was gonna start capping....early lines dont interest me anymore.......rarely does the closing line not cover the open....

God Bless you guys its like torture waiting for this crap to come out....

SportsNut said:
Gotcha..

Was just curious...

Had some time was gonna start capping....early lines dont interest me anymore.......rarely does the closing line not cover the open....

God Bless you guys its like torture waiting for this crap to come out....

I'm with ya.

I pride myself on getting the best line though so I'm pissed when the line goes the other way or I get a later line that doesn't cover but the open does.

GL this week.

rjurewitz said:
What's up, Ppa? Good call on Texas. I had it before I knew you did but I was happy to hear it when Den said you were on it too.

Sorry about Liquid but you're going to have a better situation soon.

thanks bud. yesterday was quite the day. went 7-0 winning 7500 hitting big plays on lsu first half, texas fh and game, and fsu first half and game. hit a couple smaller plays on psu +7.5 (bet early in the week) and nebraska.

liquid is quite the hypocritical two faced person but he is just upset because with a couple new spots everyone stopped giving a crap about his "playground". two weeks ago he wished me luck and told me he would let me promote on his toilet and now he kicks everyone out. i don't blame him. losing your best cappers over a two month span can kind of suck.

Already taken:
ND-12.5 ucla -106 2 units
wisc -5.5 PURD -107 1 unit

Kind of tailing the leaders on here but those are the best looking ones right off the bat. With Olsen out, I don't see the Bruins keeping up with the Domers. Wisconsin is, I think, a strong team and should manage a win at Purdue. Purdue statwise looks tough but Wisconsin is playing better and better.

Man, mich st -7 NW. The battle of teams to fade in the Big 10. This will have to drop below 7 for me to go with the Spartans. NW is terrible and susceptible to the pass, but are Stanton and Mich St capable of doing anything right at this point?

I like ARKANSAS -16 ole miss. Ole Miss is bad. Arkansas is pretty solid at home. Ole Miss has played some teams tight (UGA, Bama). Ole Miss has a decent d, which is the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger at this moment. Ole Miss won't manage much on Arkansas. So, it's just a question of whether the Hogs can pull off a 28-10/24-6 type of beating.

I like South Carolina -3 at Vandy. I think Vandy will be a lil flat after the big win at Athens. Just call it a feeling, but I think Spurrier takes em in there and spanks em. Vandy is solid and has been a covering machine. But I really like the Gamecocks here. Plus, USC just had a week off. No look ahead for the Cocks either.

Why am I hesitant about Michigan -13.5 Iowa in Ann Arbor. Iowa is good, but not great as Ohio State proved. Michigan is the real deal. Hell, I think I will do this one since Michigan managed 14 on Wisconsin at home. They oughta be able to handle Iowa.

I should probably jump on Texas -6.5 at Nebraska. Anyone know why Neb is a threat? What's the story with those two hurt cb's for the Horns? I will wait on our resident Horns or someone with some info. I think those two are out and I saw plenty of Horn fans complaining about Baylor receivers running loose yesterday. So does Callahan take advantage of this? Does it matter?

UGA -16.5 miss st. I know, you know, UGA sucks. But Miss St is the worst team in the SEC. But, UF and the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party is next week. But hey, UGA can't be looking past anyone. They've dropped 2. This is a lock of a win, but by how much? I think they can cover it. State is just so terrible it's hard to fathom unless you've seem them.

Is Cal 22.5 better than Washington at home? Need to research this one.

I can't discern any MAC values off the cuff.

So guys, I guess I am about to go play Ark and UGA and Mich, maybe Cal. Any criticism? information? insults?

Last week:
5-3 ats +1.9 units
West Virginia killed me with that horrible first half.

UCLA was within 10 to oregon. Honestly i think oregon can score just as easily if not more than the irish. Autzen stadium is a tougher place to play than nd's joint. Just a diff point of view..

Ppa316 said:
thanks bud. yesterday was quite the day. went 7-0 winning 7500 hitting big plays on lsu first half, texas fh and game, and fsu first half and game. hit a couple smaller plays on psu +7.5 (bet early in the week) and nebraska.

liquid is quite the hypocritical two faced person but he is just upset because with a couple new spots everyone stopped giving a crap about his "playground". two weeks ago he wished me luck and told me he would let me promote on his toilet and now he kicks everyone out. i don't blame him. losing your best cappers over a two month span can kind of suck.

Yeah, I hit LSU 1H and Texas. Already on Texas -5.5 this week. Hopefully Beasley and the secondary will play better. Akina chewed their ass out good.

Good luck this week.

Space Geauxst said:
Already taken:
ND-12.5 ucla -106 2 units
wisc -5.5 PURD -107 1 unit

Kind of tailing the leaders on here but those are the best looking ones right off the bat. With Olsen out, I don't see the Bruins keeping up with the Domers. Wisconsin is, I think, a strong team and should manage a win at Purdue. Purdue statwise looks tough but Wisconsin is playing better and better.

Man, mich st -7 NW. The battle of teams to fade in the Big 10. This will have to drop below 7 for me to go with the Spartans. NW is terrible and susceptible to the pass, but are Stanton and Mich St capable of doing anything right at this point?

I like ARKANSAS -16 ole miss. Ole Miss is bad. Arkansas is pretty solid at home. Ole Miss has played some teams tight (UGA, Bama). Ole Miss has a decent d, which is the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger at this moment. Ole Miss won't manage much on Arkansas. So, it's just a question of whether the Hogs can pull off a 28-10/24-6 type of beating.

I like South Carolina -3 at Vandy. I think Vandy will be a lil flat after the big win at Athens. Just call it a feeling, but I think Spurrier takes em in there and spanks em. Vandy is solid and has been a covering machine. But I really like the Gamecocks here. Plus, USC just had a week off. No look ahead for the Cocks either.

Why am I hesitant about Michigan -13.5 Iowa in Ann Arbor. Iowa is good, but not great as Ohio State proved. Michigan is the real deal. Hell, I think I will do this one since Michigan managed 14 on Wisconsin at home. They oughta be able to handle Iowa.

I should probably jump on Texas -6.5 at Nebraska. Anyone know why Neb is a threat? What's the story with those two hurt cb's for the Horns? I will wait on our resident Horns or someone with some info. I think those two are out and I saw plenty of Horn fans complaining about Baylor receivers running loose yesterday. So does Callahan take advantage of this? Does it matter?

UGA -16.5 miss st. I know, you know, UGA sucks. But Miss St is the worst team in the SEC. But, UF and the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party is next week. But hey, UGA can't be looking past anyone. They've dropped 2. This is a lock of a win, but by how much? I think they can cover it. State is just so terrible it's hard to fathom unless you've seem them.

Is Cal 22.5 better than Washington at home? Need to research this one.

I can't discern any MAC values off the cuff.

So guys, I guess I am about to go play Ark and UGA and Mich, maybe Cal. Any criticism? information? insults?

Last week:
5-3 ats +1.9 units
West Virginia killed me with that horrible first half.

That is my biggest bet of the week.. :shake: I like ole miss to maybe pull the upset.. or at least keep it close. They are gaining confidence

rjurewitz said:
Yeah, I hit LSU 1H and Texas. Already on Texas -5.5 this week. Hopefully Beasley and the secondary will play better. Akina chewed their ass out good.

Good luck this week.

5.5 is a good line. i am not sure what i think about this game this weekend in regards to the spread. i wanna know the status of marcus griffin and okam. we can live with beasley but what hurt us yesterday was matt melton (even though he had that huge pick 6). we need marcus back there bad to help cover up beasley's mistakes.

Ppa316 said:
5.5 is a good line. i am not sure what i think about this game this weekend in regards to the spread. i wanna know the status of marcus griffin and okam. we can live with beasley but what hurt us yesterday was matt melton (even though he had that huge pick 6). we need marcus back there bad to help cover up beasley's mistakes.

also ulatoski didnt play well in pass pro IMO and tony hills couldn't pick up a twist stunt to save his life. i have never seen a simple twist stunt work over and over again like that.

Ppa316 said:
i do depending on the guys that are suspended. are the 8 guys starters? anyone have any insight?

Anthony Reddick, Brandon Meriweather, James Bryant, Derrick Morse, Chris Barney, Charlie Jones, Carlos Armour and Bruce Johnson.

Back