• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

SUNDAY MORNING COFFEE--Week 6 Line Predictions (Already a Few Lines Out)

rjurewitz said:
OK--Pick the winner in these coinflip games:

Florida-LSU
Tenn-UGA

I like LSU and Tennessee.

I'm not playing any of these this week. I'm going to try and keep close to the Big 12 games and some others.

My bets so far...an occasional half point bought here and there...

LSU -2: I wish I had taken this at LSU+2, but I saw it at -2 and freaked out that I was soon going to be going over 3 points, so I hit it now. Florida has shown me very little. Nice win on the road against Tennessee, but as you will see in a second, I'm not high on Tennessee. LSU is probably the 2nd best team in CF right now, but since they lost to Auburn, they will stay under the radar a bit.

Georgia+3 (no points bought here): You guys call it a coinflip game, but I honestly think that the home team Georgia should be favored here. I know they have looked terrible lately. But their D is still very solid and Tennessee has done nothing to impress me. Cal was in a horrible position...and they couldn't hold at home against a Florida team that wasn't exactly clicking on all cylinders. I will probably be alone on this side on this one, but that's ok with me...I feel like the SEC is the one conference I really know inside and out, and I'll take my chances with Georgia getting a FG at home.

Penn State -3: Figured I better buy this one before it goes up to 3.5 or 4. Minnesota is ok, but I think that Penn State is a little bit undervalued thanks to the blowout ND loss. We all know that the OSU loss wasn't nearly as bad as the final score. Morelli isn't that great when he knows he HAS to beat you, but he is good enough to get it done against the Minnesota's of the world. Minnesota looked like nothing special against Mich.

Colorado -3 (bought a half): SoonerBS has already gotten into this one a bit, but Colorado is obviously improving, and a home game against Baylor is their chance to finally get off the schneid (is that how you spell that?). Colorado took my money the last time I backed them, but I like this one a lot.

East Carolina -3 (bought a half): Honestly, this is a perfect situation for ECU, I think. Programs like this always get up for games against ACC or Big East rivals (like they got up for the WVU game), but unlike most of those games, ECU is actually the better team here. Virginia probably feels a little bit better getting off of the Duke blowout, and hopefully this is a letdown spot for them.

That is all I have for this week so far...everything else is gonna be added off of what I see from you guys.

Let's make some money again...

Some targeted questions for you guys:

(1)-Has anyone seen Utah or TCU extensively? You guys are high on TCU, but I feel like Utah at home getting more than a FG is probably a steal. It's a team coming off a real rough loss to Boise State, but I feel like Utah is too good to lose back to backs. Is TCU really that good? I have honestly done no research on this game, but that is what my gut is telling me...

(2)-Anyone seen Vanderbilt this year? I'd love to keep fading Ole Miss, but I know NOTHING about Vanderbilt. RJ, I see that you had the line at -10...obviously we would be getting a lot of points on that if we backed Vanderbilt. Any insight?

Seabass said:
Some targeted questions for you guys:

(1)-Has anyone seen Utah or TCU extensively? You guys are high on TCU, but I feel like Utah at home getting more than a FG is probably a steal. It's a team coming off a real rough loss to Boise State, but I feel like Utah is too good to lose back to backs. Is TCU really that good? I have honestly done no research on this game, but that is what my gut is telling me...

I have seen TCU and they do not impress me at all. I think they are over-valued, and I am staying away from their game this week.

Sooner, love the K St. play. OSU is a mess right now. Blew out 1-aa teams, but Hou showed them to be what they are. Bad again this yr. Now the B12 on the road. Not good.
Also, Tulsa on tue. @ hm. Wanted under a td, and will wait, but line is about right. TU at home on 10 days rest, i'll give a td.

I'm looking hard @

SEC......
LSU.......Ole Miss

Over Auburn/Ark

Bama

Others...

Penn St-3

E. Carolina +2

Cal -5'

Is tenn a better team? This will be their first road test. Yea UGA hasnt won pretty but their defense is better. A lot better. We shall see..

Anyone like the Over in that LVille game?????

This has all the making of the shitkicking that they gave Kentucky on national TV. Teams like Louisville do not have the luxary of an Ohio State(lol always trying to give my boys props) by only beating teams by 20. What I mean is these schools that arent powers year in and year out must blow out teams to get rid of haters. Plus, with a weaker schedule they must dominate to move up in the rankings....Am I making sense to anyone?

I'm just about ready to lay the -33.5 . . . . . I think this has blow out written all over it.

No way both road teams win in the key SEC games (Tennessee and LSU) although I do like both teams a lot

Back