395 troy
396 uab

397 mid tennessee state
398 north texas

399 florida atlantic
400 ul - monroe

Last edited:
Games I'm looking at (situational plays):

La Tech @ Clemson: Sandwich game for Clemson between ACC games.

GTech @ VaTech: May be a good line for VaTech with sleepy performance against Cincy and GTech's "good" performance.

Virginia @ Duke: Under?

Miami OH @ Cincy: Rivalry game. Cincy @ home.

Wyoming @ Syracuse: Non-conf game. Sandwich game between conf opponents for Wyoming and game before Big East starts for Syracuse.

Ohio St @ Iowa: Biggest home game of year for Iowa. Revenge game for Iowa.

Illinois @ Mich St: HC and sandwich game for Spartans. Off a ND loss, frustrations?

Michigan @ Minny: Biggest home game of year.

NW @ PSU: Frustration for PSU after loss, cont. NW fade.

Purdue @ ND: Revenge for Purdue, bad Ds. Over?

TT @ Aggy: Revenge game for Aggy

Houston @ Miami: Frustration for Miami, big stage for Houston.

BYU @ TCU: MWC champ decided tonight. TCU @ home at a FG or less.

Boise St @ Utah: Non-conf regional rivalry (?). HC for Utah.

Cal @ Oregon St: Possible sandwich game for Cal.

Bama @ Florida: HUGE revenge game for Gators.

LSU @ Mississippi St: Possible look ahead for Tigers before Florida.

Tenn @ Memphis: Big game for Memphis and look ahead for Tenn (UGA).

Fade Central Florida Tuesday night against S. Miss whatever the spread. Have three regular home game attenders at Central Florida telling me that CFU is absolutely horrid this season. I believe them and will be on S. Miss.

I sure like Brigham Young and am hoping for a good line on them against a TCU team coming off a bye week and a Texas tech win. Also, I give the level of competition edge to Brigham Young over TCU. I'm telling you guys, BYU is an up and coming team!

I'll likely be fading Oregon against ASU. I like the team coming off a big loss and getting to play at home to redeem themselves. Also, Oregon will not have their homer referees with them.
smoke.gif
Oregon hasn't showed that they are a good road team yet.

tired from yeling at the tv all day see previous post 3-4-2 on the weekend or close to it...basically horrible coaching decisions and bad tackling (not wrapping up and driving the legs) uuuuuuughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I think Navy likely kicks Connecticut, but I'll look more into this game in the week to come . . . . .

When you say fade, do you mean play? I am not too familiar with all the lingo as I am just getting started in a lot of this. I took a big hit this saturday, although I am still +. As a result, I need to redem myself.

I know it's a homer pick (Texas Ex here), but I look for Texas to take Sam Houston St. to the woodshed early and often. I will probably play both the full and 1H lines.

Again, like last week, one team seems to always mess up my 4+ team parlay.

Could Duke possibly beat Virginia?? Something to ponder . . . . . .

ghost said:
When you say fade, do you mean play? I am not too familiar with all the lingo as I am just getting started in a lot of this. I took a big hit this saturday, although I am still +. As a result, I need to redem myself.

I know it's a homer pick (Texas Ex here), but I look for Texas to take Sam Houston St. to the woodshed early and often. I will probably play both the full and 1H lines.

No play on Texas. They will pull their starters early. Too many injuries.

ghost said:

Ghost, "fade" means to "bet against" the team. Also, be careful about playing on Texas this week. One reason is the line is likely to be very high and second, I look for Mack to rest several of his injuries in preparation for the Oklahoma game the following week. Wouldn't surprise me if the first string doesn't play more than 1 or 2 quarters. :cheers:

rjurewitz said:
Feel it too Stacks. We can't all be Sooner. 3-3 for me and lucky to be there.

Ah, hell, I was dead even record-wise and up a few UNITS going into this weekend. I was due a break-out weekend. It's a marathon and not a sprint guys. Always remember that.
beer.gif

Colorado at Missouri should be an interesting game. Guys, Colorado is a team that will get better as the season rolls along. That was evidenced today. However, this Missouri football team is HOT right now -- especially at home. Lean to Missouri depending on the line . . . . . .

rjurewitz said:
No play on Texas. They will pull their starters early. Too many injuries.

You are probably right. I think the 1H line is a better play out of the two.

My bet is New Mexico will not be worth a shit on the road, but we could catch a good line on Air Force regardless after New Mexico beat UTEP today. Air Force had a good win today on the road.

Give me a good line on Utah against Boise next week. Boise St off the smurf turf should be primed for a good beaten by Utah . . . . . .

I look for Florida to beat the shit out of Alabama, but I'll wait to see what our SEC experts have to say about that . . . . . .

SoonerBS said:
I look for Florida to beat the shit out of Alabama, but I'll wait to see what our SEC experts have to say about that . . . . . .

Agree with this. Florida huge.

I agree with RJ -- I think Penn State kicks the shit out of Northwestern. Don't expect us to get a good line on this game though . . . .

I don't think Texas A&M has reached the big time yet again this season, BUT Texas Tech, despite what they did today on their home team to a Div. 2A team, is NOT a good road team. I think Texas A&M brings their "A" game here for this one . . . . . . .

rjurewitz said:
I do like getting a good line on Va Tech over GTech after this week.

I think Va Tech could be a good play, but I'll need to look at it a little closer. That G Tech defense is just wicked . . . . .

TT vs. Aggy is a "Blimp Game"--you just root for a blimp disaster.

Agree, TT not a good road team but they have owned Aggy lately. Aggy did what they had to do--and what I expected them to do--against La Tech. Army was an aberation, but does show that Fran still can't coach.

Like Aggy at home in this one. Small victory.

SoonerBS said:
I think Va Tech could be a good play, but I'll need to look at it a little closer. That G Tech defense is just wicked . . . . .

G Tech D wicked, G Tech O not so much.

What will be the line for the Rice/Army game? You know Army will be favored in this. The thing is, Army has been playing damn good ball lately. That wasn't your "run of the mill turd team" they beat on the road at Baylor today. However, Rice is proving to be a "run of the mill" turd team. We'll see what line we get . . . . .

rjurewitz said:
G Tech D wicked, G Tech O not so much.

Very true. :smiley_acbe: Could be though if they would throw the ball to Johnson every time.
grins.gif

Miami could be getting a very good line this Saturday. Houston off a BIG win for them tonight at home and I look for a "layover" next week against a much more superior team. If this is under 2 TDs, I'm playing Miami . . . . .

Top of my head, Army -6

Good news is that G Tech will get plenty of public money after Calvin's performance.

Also good is that OU worked to knock the line down against Texas. Texas -7???

I like Miami as a live home dog depending on points. Houston is playing very well after the Rice rivalry game.

rjurewitz said:
Top of my head, Army -6

Good news is that G Tech will get plenty of public money after Calvin's performance.

Also good is that OU worked to knock the line down against Texas. Texas -7???

I'm thinking Texas -7 or even less, RJ. But, I'm also thinking in light of recent events, whoever is getting points ought to be the side played. I'll have to watch the Texas injury list through the next couple of weeks.

Oklahoma's defense came to life today, albeit against MTSU. Oklahoma's offense has been very much improved . . . . . .

rjurewitz said:
I like Miami as a live home dog depending on points. Houston is playing very well after the Rice rivalry game.

No way Miami is a home dog in this game. No way . . . . .

I may be making a Baylor play next week against K-State . . . . . .

Call me crazy, but I think iowa was looking ahead today and will give Ohio State the game of their life next week! They'll be home dogs to boot . . . .

I look for Arizona to shut Washington down and get a quality win next week . . . . . .

That's about it for now.

Great thoughts so far fellas...

I circled a few games 10 days ago and a few more just now so i know what lines to look closer at when they come out tomorrow night.

I'll go in order real quick with thoughts. Won't all be plays but potentials..

Illinois-MSU in a huge letdown. A bummer spot. If they had won tonight like they should have still same kind of spot. How they lost merits some attention here. Juice Willaiams will make some plays IMO.

Miami-FL-Kolb likes to shave here and there(lol). Anyways, a good spot here. Time to take out some frustration and I think once Miami gets out early they will take it to HOU. Eleven am start for HOUSTON of pretty big win...letdown.

Pitt-just a feel at this point. Pitt is inbetwen how they looked for 45 minutes vs MSU and how they have played rest of season.

Wyoming-I was thinking this more a few weeks ago but Orange have resurged. Wyoming going cross country. Prooly no play but wanted to throw it out there.

Notre Dame-Yes its revenge. I was banking on a ND double loss situation. Prolly letdown now.

Baylor-Nice up and coming program(for real). KSt fade material too.

California-should be a short line. This team is for real. Throw that TENN game out of your memeory. And no, the game today does nothing for me other than liking how Longshores confidence is springing up.

Florida-Blowout here imo....27-7

Ohio St-I would have said that Iowa wins outright here till last few weeks. Why? Iowa isn't as good as I thought they could be. OSU just has that toughness and special players. Interested to see line. I figure about 5.5 or 6. Not sure if I will play but OSU wins SU.

Michigan line will be interesting. May get a lot of respect here. If they play their game they win 31-14. Minny gives us fits up there. Reveneg situation.

Thats it for now..more thoughts in morning.

careful with some of that Pac-10 crap/stuff.
watched the ucla/wash game. 1st 1/2...bruins completely 100% dominated every facet of the game. only prob was they kept settling for FGs...very young team, and first road game. basically wash had one big play the entire 1st 1/2...yet that made a game of it.
2nd 1/2 was another story. bruins got very sloppy though...reverting back to old ways. wash played some good defense though, and did come up with the big plays. jsut two different halves, and a strange ass game.

watched most of usc/az too. my long-winded point is that anything under 50 is golden...and anything under 45 is excellent...in the wash/az game. they'll both shut eachother down. expect about a 4 pt az win, in a tight low scoring game, imo, den.

I know it's a homer pick (Texas Ex here), but I look for Texas to take Sam Houston St. to the woodshed early and often.

I doubt there will even be a line for this game. It's a joke that the game is being played.

I will continue to fade Temple until I'm proven wrong.

TroyStacks said:
did you see juice willaims play he threw 4 picks against iowa hes garbage.

Yes I did. He is a freshamn who will make mistakes. If the coaches utilize his talents and suite them to the offense he will succeed. More passing on the run and more rollouts. Thats what he needs. He started getting that a bit more in second hal;f and made some nicep lays. Yes, the picks hurt but shit he was playing a very solid defense in Iowa in his first start.

Matador's Predictions from Covers (with total line predictions)

301 So Miss
302 Cent Florida Pk/52

303 BYU
304 TCU 4/41

305 Auburn 8/37
306 So Carolina

307 Rutgers 4/36
308 South Florida

309 Northwestern
310 Penn St 14/39

311 Kansas
312 Nebraska 17/49