Sunday maybe C's and Clips in trade talks maybe not MLB Discussion

Last couple days been stinky for me and was close to a time out if today sucked. Even w angels costing me a nice chunk still better then +60u for a fine day ....I try to stop and get sucked right back in ....lol...

Only 4 games tmrw .....

I know trend sticks out in the Cleveland game ....tribe hve been terrible vs the AL East but don't recall th stat....maybe 6-17 ?? Balt off a divisional sweep might be a good spot for O's...

Cleveland is 2-12 SU their last 14 road games (10 losses by 2+ runs).

Baltimore is 10-3 SU their last 13 home games (7 wins by 2+ runs)

4 game set here? Hmmmm, Balty ml or RL chase would seem to be in order. Nothing indicates the O's are about to fall off any cliffs re their AL East title chase. They simply ran into a hot Blow Jobs team, and additionally had stupid managing to blame for their Game 2 loss.

Factor in that Ubaldo is a walking, breathing vagina, and you have yourself a play.

Tribe has sucked on the road, but look at the schedule. Two roadies into Detroit, Yanks (even though I think they suck), Boston, Texas, Cincy, Tampa ... I like how they're playing right now, I'll bet 'em as dogs on this roadie.

ubaldo better away though at 5-2 and only games that broke 9(total runs) where at det

good thing is he doesnt go deep

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR="class: yspsctbg, bgcolor: #666666"]
[TD="class: ysptblhdr, colspan: 21, align: left"]Next Game: 6/24 vs. BAL (Scheduled Next Start: 6/24 vs. BAL)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: ysptblthbody1, bgcolor: #CCCCCC"]
[TD="class: yspdetailttl, align: left"] [/TD]
[TD="class: yspdetailttl"]G[/TD]
[TD="class: yspdetailttl"]GS[/TD]
[TD="class: yspdetailttl"]W[/TD]
[TD="class: yspdetailttl"]L[/TD]
[TD="class: yspdetailttl"]SV[/TD]
[TD="class: yspdetailttl"]BS[/TD]
[TD="class: yspdetailttl"]HLD[/TD]
[TD="class: yspdetailttl"]CG[/TD]
[TD="class: yspdetailttl"]SHO[/TD]
[TD="class: yspdetailttl"]IP[/TD]
[TD="class: yspdetailttl"]H[/TD]
[TD="class: yspdetailttl"]R[/TD]
[TD="class: yspdetailttl"]ER[/TD]
[TD="class: yspdetailttl"]HR[/TD]
[TD="class: yspdetailttl"]BB[/TD]
[TD="class: yspdetailttl"]K[/TD]
[TD="class: yspdetailttl"]ERA[/TD]
[TD="class: yspdetailttl"]WHIP[/TD]
[TD="class: yspdetailttl"]BAA[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: ysprow2, bgcolor: #F6F7F2"]
[TD="class: yspscores, align: left"] Away (this year)[/TD]
[TD="class: yspscores"]7[/TD]
[TD="class: yspscores"]7[/TD]
[TD="class: yspscores"]3[/TD]
[TD="class: yspscores"]1[/TD]
[TD="class: yspscores"]0[/TD]
[TD="class: yspscores"]39.0[/TD]
[TD="class: yspscores"]28[/TD]
[TD="class: yspscores"]14[/TD]
[TD="class: yspscores"]12[/TD]
[TD="class: yspscores"]6[/TD]
[TD="class: yspscores"]17[/TD]
[TD="class: yspscores"]35[/TD]
[TD="class: yspscores"]2.77[/TD]
[TD="class: yspscores"]1.15[/TD]
[TD="class: yspscores"].203[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

I don't bet Ubaldo's games. I seriously think you don't have a clue what you're going to get.

imo if you're on the over you have to buy off...

the rangers will not be focused in their at bats... this is a very unusual situation, their heads are going to looking at tomorrow with their families in NY

Tomorrow's Monday. Ubaldo could throw six or seven shaky sutout innings. He could exit in the 2nd. Day, park, opponent ... none of that factors in.

First series at ny with an off day to enjoy manhattan. Lot of players fly their families in for this kind of schedule spot nut.

imo if you're on the over you have to buy off...

the rangers will not be focused in their at bats... this is a very unusual situation, their heads are going to looking at tomorrow with their families in NY
yup, they passed on option to play this game on Mon and want to get it in tonight, fams are waiting for them in NY...good call...still like Stl tt ov but Tex tt U prolly looks good...cant play full game U bc Stl may get that

Winning first 2 games takes even more incentive away for tex, they should be fully content just getting this game in quickly.

tough game but wainright awesome far after allowing 3+runs this year

7inn 2r
8.1inn none
9inn none
7.1 inn 1r
9inn 1r

26 h 3bb 38k in 40.2 w4runs allowed

t
​o me the best reason for texas struggling tonight would be the 4 runs in 40.2 inn aspect

meant that for Nba...trying to figure why texas wouldnt care?

they have a "family day" tomorrow... on their day off after 20 straight games without an off day... before playing the YANKEES.... after winning two games in St Lou... with a two+ hour rain delay... if they show up for this i will be astonished

Tribe has sucked on the road, but look at the schedule. Two roadies into Detroit, Yanks (even though I think they suck), Boston, Texas, Cincy, Tampa ... I like how they're playing right now, I'll bet 'em as dogs on this roadie.

Cleveland maybe on a 8-3 SU run, but only 2 of those games were against a +.500 team (& that team was slumping bigtime at the time: Texas being in the middle of a 4-11 SU run).

Cleveland is barely a .500 team in a division with 2 teams over .500.
Baltimore is nearly 10 games over .500 (after having just been swept) in a division in which every team is over .500.

Balty faces dropping to 3rd or worst in the AL East if they let Cleveland walk all over them in this series. Buck's boys going to be spoiling for a little bully-beatdown action, is my feeling (which isn't the same as saying the Tribe is gonna get swept as of a right). Just a matter of finding the right spot/s for when it looks to be most likely.

they have a "family day" tomorrow... on their day off after 20 straight games without an off day... before playing the YANKEES.... after winning two games in St Lou... with a two+ hour rain delay... if they show up for this i will be astonished

it's their job to show up but I see the point of being distracted...how the game starts is crucial. The longer they hang the more interested they stay or become

it's their job to show up but I see the point of being distracted...how the game starts is crucial. The longer they hang the more interested they stay or become

lol its baseball... 162 games... its human nature for them to be completely out of this mentally... this insanely long delay messes with players' routines and the home team has a big advantage and the rangers have already won the series and should be completely content with that

lol its baseball... 162 games... its human nature for them to be completely out of this mentally... this insanely long delay messes with players' routines and the home team has a big advantage and the rangers have already won the series and should be completely content with that

not really but if thats what you believe I doubt I can convince you....you do remember how badly texas struggled at home not to long ago? winning 5 of 6 doesn't erase 4-11 before that

you to lose wainright it just doesnt raise any concerns its not a nite off

and he allowed 4 runs in 5 starts + 2 runs the pen allowed of course texas tt under is attractive

how many guys play all 162 games? ped

162 games and each means something different to every player

prfect example pedro hernandez arrived 4am fora 1pm game

''This is crazy for me,'' he said. ''I slept three hours. But, you know, that's part of my job. I love my job.''
Hernandez learned he was needed to make a spot start after Triple-A Rochester's game at Louisville, Ky., Saturday night after Pelfrey hurt his back while running in the outfield during batting practice.
With his wife, Jackie, behind the wheel and their infant daughter in the car, Hernandez headed north, arriving at the Twins' hotel at 4 a.m.

Cleveland maybe on a 8-3 SU run, but only 2 of those games were against a +.500 team (& that team was slumping bigtime at the time: Texas being in the middle of a 4-11 SU run).

Cleveland is barely a .500 team in a division with 2 teams over .500.
Baltimore is nearly 10 games over .500 (after having just been swept) in a division in which every team is over .500.

Balty faces dropping to 3rd or worst in the AL East if they let Cleveland walk all over them in this series. Buck's boys going to be spoiling for a little bully-beatdown action, is my feeling (which isn't the same as saying the Tribe is gonna get swept as of a right). Just a matter of finding the right spot/s for when it looks to be most likely.

c'mon, betcrimes. Tribe's due. Stuff your sorries in a sack.

do not argue with nbafan

he is correct 110% of the time...god's gift to all things gaming. check yoself, SN

''The first three innings he was dodging bullets all day long,'' Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said. ''He wasn't attacking the strike zone. The last two innings were pretty decent. The fifth was his best inning.''

to be an athlete means you compete imo...period..

how many guys play all 162 games? ped

The fact the Rangers road losses vs. non-divisional foes have generally been bad losses (an avg margin of 5.17 runs is nothing less) indicates that when a road game isn't going their way against a foe who doesn't mean a lot to them, then they have more often than not clocked off. The key for STL will be to put the Rangers players in the position where it isn't going their way.

I tend to agree with nbafan's assumption for tonight. STL has their best pitcher on the mound trying to avoid a sweep. Even though players compete every day, it's impossible to do so with the same gusto all the time. I'm on the STL runline.

The fact the Rangers road losses vs. non-divisional foes have generally been bad losses (an avg margin of 5.17 runs is nothing less) indicates that when a road game against a foe who doesn't mean a lot to them isn't going their way, then they have more often than not clocked off. The key for STL will be to put the Rangers players in the position where it isn't going their way.

disagree some...what bout a struggling sp staff decimated by injuries combined with a lineup that has struggled to score runs. wouldnt that create extreme results as well?

I tend to agree with nbafan's assumption for tonight. STL has their best pitcher on the mound trying to avoid a sweep. Even though players compete every day, it's impossible to do so with the same gusto all the time. I'm on the STL runline.

what I'm saying is why do they try less? it means more to overcome the situation and beat wainright then to beat some 5th spot SP..you every play a pickup game and it starts all friendly and suddenly its game 7 of the nba finals?

I'm not saying anything about the game or a side and I agree rangers could be distracted some but to think they aren't competing is hard for me to comprehend.

disagree some...what bout a struggling sp staff decimated by injuries combined with a lineup that has struggled to score runs. wouldnt that create extreme results as well?

How would that explain the wins in the same series the bad losses came in? If you're going to appeal to player problems (& it's far from the case all the losses those margins belong to came from the Rangers recent slumping period) as being responsible for the bad losses (presumably appealing to the notion that being healthy those losses wouldn't have been as sizable), then how did they manage any decent wins at all?

How would that explain the wins in the same series the bad losses came in? If you're going to appeal to player problems (& it's far from the case all the losses those margins belong to came from the Rangers recent slumping period) as being responsible for the bad losses (presumably appealing to the notion that being healthy those losses wouldn't have been as sizable), then how did they manage any decent wins at all?

because your lumping it together and then pulling out non divisional games. They don't have he same sp to compare and while its non divisional thats like 25 teams

I'd agree in a regular season it's harder as an "excact science", but playoffs time have to diverge with your opinion.

agree, should have included that

162 game season, motivation can not be capped. certain angles like days of week can make a difference, but i attribute it more to first game of series, last game, etc, and standings matter

do not argue with nbafan

he is correct 110% of the time...god's gift to all things gaming. check yoself, SN

lol im stating my opinion... i am wrong a lot..

problem is... you cant really point to any stats that show the situation that the rangers are in tonight

and i totally disagree that motivation cannot be capped... its a long long season and players can and do take games off mentally... the games just dont mean as much as other sports, until of course at the end of the season when two teams are playing a tiebreaker game....

athletes are professionals... yes that is true but im just saying that playing the sport is their job... they have lives just like everyone else... they dont have people in place of their roles of fathers and husbands at home... all that can be capped

also i feel that in baseball if players heads are not 100% in the game it shows more than any other sport... i regress time for bed... hoping for a 7-0 st louis win

what I'm saying is why do they try less? it means more to overcome the situation and beat wainright then to beat some 5th spot SP..you every play a pickup game and it starts all friendly and suddenly its game 7 of the nba finals?

I don't think it's a conscious decision by the team. It's just the natural ebb and flow of competing in a 162 game season. There are going to be times when performance is less than optimal but that doesn't necessarily mean effort was bad. It's why gamblers often factor in 'spot' when evaluating a contest. Back when I played poker there were days where everything lined up for me. There was no real way to explain it but subconsciously you could feel it. Then other days not so much.

Sometimes things line up where both sides are on the opposite side of the ledger. Tonight has more potential for that than most games.

Back