Sunday injuries and issues...

redbearde

Pretty much a regular
Please add, update, or correct anything you hear about later.

Miami @ Detroit

Rip Hamilton is questionable.

Gary Payton is upgraded to questionable.
Kapono is questionable.

Apparently, Rip had a concussion when Detroit played Dallas. Rendering a guess, I would say he won't be playing today - probably good down the stretch and getting ready for the playoffs.

According to this article, Kapono won't play, and Payton playing is entirely up to him, so there's no telling if he'll play or not.

Playoff race heating up

Just when the Cavaliers did not need the Eastern Conference playoff race to get any tighter, news out of Miami has Dwyane Wade coming back soon from his dislocated left shoulder. He will practice this week.

Wade, the MVP of last year's NBA Finals, dislocated his shoulder in late February. He considered season-ending surgery but decided to rehab and come back to help the Heat defend its title. Wade is fourth in the league in scoring at 28.8 points per game.

To make matters even worse for Miami's competition, Jason Kapono, the league's leader in 3-point-shooting percentage (51.3), will play sometime this week. Kapono has been sidelined since he sprained his ankle March 5.

Earlier this past week, Wade went through shooting drills for 90 minutes during one practice, and he continued to work out long after the shooting drills. Wade had no sign of problems with the left shoulder. The shoulder continues to get stronger, but Wade still plans to have surgery at the end of the season.

on a side note,
all of the last 10 meetings have gone under.
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Miami's last 7 games
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Miami's last 5 games on the road

yet...

The total has gone OVER in 4 of Detroit's last 5 games
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Detroit's last 8 games at home

Chicago @ Atlanta

Hawks' "horrendous" effort fails

A defeat that can haunt the bulls.

Joe Johnson and Speedy Claxton have been and will be out.

No Surprised in the Bulls camp either.

motivationally, I would think the Bulls give the Hawks a thunderfucking they won't soon forget after yesterday's loss to the Cavs in OT...in Chicago....

Washington @ Milwaukee

Calvin Booth is questionable.
Andray Blatche is expected to miss a few games this week.
If you somehow missed the memo, Caron Butler is back.

Blatche is a loss, Booth is a gain by loss. That idiot likes taking useless outside jumpers that he misses...

Gadzuric is upgraded to probable.

This is a game the Bucks can actually win. If it turns into a guardfest of threes and layups, then there's no reason MilK can't compete. The Bullets have motivation, tho...and Milwaukee.......well, they can't even play for pride having pissed that away.

The Bucks gain in the not-so-great race.

The Bucks' loss in Charlotte on Friday night was their 46th of the season and left them tied with Atlanta for the third-most defeats in the NBA behind Boston (50) and Memphis (54).

*shudder*

Dallas @ Phoenix

No noteworthy injuries.
44 yr old Kevin Willis is looking to join the Mavs on the court...perhaps as early as Monday...

...what a game this will be......The game's historical meaning: The Mavs can become the first team in NBA history with four double-digit win streaks in the same season.

Suns aim to keep desire

Memphis @ Golden State

Mike Miller out. Stoudamire Out. Warriors with no significant injuries. Off a home win against the Suns. Warriors shoot 60% for the game this time?

on the Warriors front....TGIF: Ellis, others glad to get a day off

After today's game, the Grizzlies get to go home and face the Suns on Tuesday.

:36_11_6:

Cleveland @ Boston

Cavs have no one on the injured list.

Boston has everyone on the injured list.
notably, Paul Pierce is doubtful. the 5 usuals are out indefinitely or for the season.

Pierce plan on being back in a few days.

note that the Celtics are 2-23 without Pierce in the lineup this season.

Charlotte @ Toronto

Harrington and May are out for the season. The rest of the kitties should be good to go.
Garby & Bargnani are out for the season. The rest of the lizards should be good to go.

Bosh vs Okafor should be an entertaining matchup...

Raps pushing for home court - Won't be satisfied with division title

Utah @ Houston

Matt Harpring is upgraded to probable.
Luther Head and Bonzi Wells are questionable.

STUNNING:
Utah is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games
Utah is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
Utah is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road

Jazz seek comfort on the road.......and the same damned article from Houston's perspective.

Minnesota @ Orlando

Neither team has anyone on the injured list.

Neither team's press following seems to have anything to say, either.

Apparently absolutely no one gives a rat fuck about this game, so I won't either.

San Antonio @ Indiana

Jermaine O'Neal is DOUBTFUL with a bad knee AND a bad ankle.
Robert Horry is questionable because he is OLD and his tummy hurts.

there are some issues with Darrell armstrong and his bruised nose, Jeff Foster's back spasms, and Tinsley's sore right knee, but they're all probable.

looks like rookie Shawne Williams will get a chance with the Pacers...
and it seems that Tony Parker's shots are falling again....w00t!

Denver @ Seattle

Carmelo is questionable with a sprained knee
Iverson is questionable with a sore elbow
Ray Allen is out.

Denver's news folloing is STILL talking about the Detroit loss....hahahahhaah...
Seattle's NBA reporter is talking about bad teams tanking...hmmmmmm...........

Sacramento @ LA Lakers

Sacramento has no one ont he injury list
Brian Cook and Maurice Evans are questionable.
looks farmar's going to be playing in a D-league game this afternoon and THEN playing AGAIN for the Lakers this eve.

The Lakers, btw, are going to respond after losing to the fucking Grizz the other night.......apparently, Phil Jackson was Pissed.

Great summary redbearde,

Wow, I have absolutely no regrets at all joining this site with the likes of you making it easier for me.

Thanks a lot!

Great summary redbearde,

Wow, I have absolutely no regrets at all joining this site with the likes of you making it easier for me.

Thanks a lot!

glad to be of service, my friend, but this is a team effort here. By all means correct or add to anything I post.

And as always with the internet, don't believe anything you read unless you have corroborative and substantive reasons...that's why I try to provide links.

Let's win some today!

Any update on AI or Mello?

I heard that AI is playing but what about Carmello? What are your guys thoughts on this game seems like Denver needs to win to try and get back into the 7th seed and avoid the Mavs in round 1

Back