Sunday hockey

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
I was a bit surprised by this Minnesota line, I think the value is on the home side, and on the ML.
Sure the Avs are 4-2-2 in last 8 against Minnesota, but they have their typical road woes and Wild are better than last season that's for sure, better passing, offensively, I think this team has grown together in the past couple of years and it did them good.

No plays here, just a lean on the home team.

As far as Columbus goes, well I faded them when I shouldn't have faded them, especially since I was the one that said after week 1 into the season that this team is better than previous years and won't be an easy opponent for anyone. They're improving under Ken Hitchcock, which is obviously a better option than Gallant, who was fired last year.

And rightfully so, these guys are playing some quite impressive hockey right now, starting from their defensive pairings, goalie Leclaire to supertalented offensive line in Zherdev-Nash-Fedorov. Nash is a physical presence as much as he is a speedy skater and a prolific scorer (2 times All star), Fedorov brings in the experience, same as Michael Peca (who scored against his former team in Buffalo). Zherdev is a mega talent, no doubts.
Add Foote, Klesla, Vyborny and Novotny, and you have yourself a very solid team which has already started to develop some serious chemistry on ice.
On the other side, the Canucks haven't started the season well, as their offense isn't synchronized well enough and Luongo has a 3.15 GAA. That's why they will give the nod to Curtis Sanford between the pipes tonight.
I like the odds here, and chances of Blue Jackets taking advantage of their small momentum, the first in Hitchcock/Howson era.

Blue Jackets ML (1.85 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

Good luck tonight. :shake: :cheers:

There are a couple things I know about the BJs. They have been playing together for a while now and they have great chemisty in the locker room and on the ice...but they also have been losing together for a while as well.

The one deciding factor this year (as you have stated above) is the fact that Hitchcock is a much, and I mean MUCH, better fit for the Jackets. He will help to improve this team a ton.

The chemistry is there. The coaching is there. The goalkeeping is there.

But the question is... is the winning there?

I'm not sold on this yet and I won't be until I see some evidence to prove otherwise.

GL bro.

GL Santa :cheers:

gpcyan3, thanks for the comment :shake:
I agree. Don't get me wrong, I don't think the Jackets are a "lock" for the playoffs or anything, I just think they should take advantage of their momentum and newly developed chemistry and beat the Canucks here. I took ML on purpose instead of a very tempting puckline (3.35) as I'm betting on Leclaire over Sanford if this one goes to SO.

The Jackets can of course still suffer from some "kid diseases" such as losing games they tend to dominate, but hey, only a few teams so far this year HAVE NOT shown such ability, to lose the game they "couldn't lose" (those would be Philly, Ottawa and to some extent Minnesota).

Anyways, GL tonight. :shake:

Odds at pinnacle dropped from 1.85 to 1.74 within an hour.

GL Satyr. Im not playing anything today. I think Columbus really is gonna surprise people this year : good defense and plenty of beef on that team.

Sorry you lost that one bro... That's Columbus for ya. They dominate the game for the most part but always seem to find a way to lose.

GL tomorrow.

Back