Sunday 12/06/15 NBA discussion thread

divol

The Spurs can suck my manhood
[TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 934"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL - SUN 12/6[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, colspan: 4, align: center"]GAME[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]HANDICAP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MONEY LINE[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]TOTAL POINTS[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MORE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Sun 12/6[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]501[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Phoenix Suns[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+5.5 1.917[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 204 2.000[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]12:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]502[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Memphis Grizzlies[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-5.5 1.990[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 204 1.909[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Sun 12/6[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]503[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Los Angeles Lakers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+9 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 197 2.000[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]03:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]504[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Detroit Pistons[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-9 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 197 1.909[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]505[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Golden State Warriors[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-10 1.925[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 209 1.925[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]03:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]506[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Brooklyn Nets[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+10 1.980[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 209 1.980[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Sun 12/6[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]507[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Dallas Mavericks[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-2 1.909[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 208 1.970[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]03:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]508[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Washington Wizards[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+2 2.000[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 208 1.934[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]509[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Sacramento Kings[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+11 2.000[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 220.5 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]04:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]510[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Oklahoma City Thunder[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-11 1.909[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 220.5 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
First thoughts are Nets, Memphis, Dallas and Thunder.

Wizards didn't look good against the Suns and Dallas won 10 in a row against Wizards. Can't see who can guard Dirk.
Wizards didn't look good, but won the Suns. Suns lost 7 of the last 8 games. Suns played 20 games this season and only once, the winning team, didn't cover. Memphis off a loss and before playing the Thunder. If they lose this one, they can finish three games home stand without a win...
Thunder off a loss and on Sunday against Kings playing B2B... huge number to lay though...

So far, GSW handles some teams easily and struggles against others. Nets came the closest to beat GSW this season so far...

Btw, on paper, Oklahoma ML is rock solid. I get the odds and no way on earth I would ever play ML smaller than 1.80 odds, but Kings are 0 - 50 SU as double digits dogs... I realize that most teams lose SU as double digits dogs, but 0 - 50... League's average during that time is 9% and that sounds reasonable to me... but 0 - 50...
Last 2 and 1/4 of a season they are 0 - 26 SU and 38.5% ats...

Nets +10 seems to good to be true, GS plays B2B, curry could have a letdown after scoring 44 pts and playing nearly 40 minutes, bogut and barnes questionable, revenge factor for nets with OT loss in GS. nets are 8-3 ATS vs winning team this season . nets were in B2B when they lost to GS. GS is in a big trip. they didn't play twice in the same area (at home) since 11/17/2015

Keep in mind two things: 1) Klay Thompson didn't play that first game and no one other than Curry stepped up in his absence and 2) the Nets couldn't miss to start that game (I know because I took the Warriors 1H) putting up 36 in the 1st quarter, but then dropping down to 18, 23, 20 and 2. So while 'revenge' for the Nets is all fine and good, you could also argue that the Warriors took them too lightly to start the game, so this could just as easily be a 'revenge' game for them as well. Still 10 is a lot on the road and B2B but, having said that, this Nets team can't score, so we're talking about the Warriors having to misfire on offense bad in order for the Nets to stay in it.

Also, don't think it happens today, but Luke Walton's already talking about the need to rest guys, so if the Warriors get out to a big lead, the backdoor's always going to be open.

Nets made their life hard last season already in Oakland and beat them in Brooklyn. If GSW took them lightly in Oakland, they are dumb - but I do think GSW take everyone lightly, because they believe right now, they can do anything they want and who knows... maybe they are right...
In the end, it's just one bet and for me it's on Nets finding a way to stay within the 10 points when the final buzzer goes. Maybe will sprinkle some pocket change on Nets ML, just in case they win...

Should see small ball in DC with Gortat out, but that Wizards team is really hard to figure out. Grizzlies seem like a decent bet, especially given their H2H history, and the fact that the Suns should be plenty demoralized after their last two losses.

Nets made their life hard last season already in Oakland and beat them in Brooklyn. If GSW took them lightly in Oakland, they are dumb - but I do think GSW take everyone lightly, because they believe right now, they can do anything they want and who knows... maybe they are right...
In the end, it's just one bet and for me it's on Nets finding a way to stay within the 10 points when the final buzzer goes. Maybe will sprinkle some pocket change on Nets ML, just in case they win...
I have no problem with that, although I don't think last year's games should count for all that much (Nets would have had D-Will, Garnett, Alan Anderson, Mason Plumlee, Mirza Teletovic).

its too bad that the spurs and the warriors are in the same conference....so obvious that they are the cream of the crop...c's made a run at the end as the spurs let off the gas a little because the c's play hard for the entire game and they are good on both ends of the court but it was so obvious that it was a varsity against the jvees game....spurs ball movement on o is so damn impressive

pheo getting 5.5 on one of my sites and tempting....they have lost 8/10 while in the midst of 9/11 on the road and all close games except 135-116 gsw loss and if i am remembering correctly that game was close till the last quarter when gsw ran away but my memory poor.....grizz 8-3 last 11 and in good form....the d has been there and that alone may give them the cover...suns current form is to lose close games....they have to win one sooner or later

atl jus covered an 11 point on friday against the lake crew and can't see why det won't cover this one...3W and 6/4 last 10....jackson playing well...lakers somewhat jehkl and hyde though when it comes to trying to figure out if they are going to play hard...even when they work though they do not look like a good team....kinda like disjointed junkyard ball...maybe det but not lakers

gsw in the middle of 10 of 12 on the road and no stretches at home, just a couple hopscotches back to get laid and play a game and then back on the road again.....coming off a rough win on friday where they had to buckle down at the end and win by 3 (i think)....nets have some talent (i think) but they suck...if ever there was a game where you would get max effort you would think it would be this one...but gsw is so damn good offensively that they could demoralize them and the nets are lazy by nature....hard to lay 10.5/11 here and will consider a nets play and hope i don't get wicked pissed if they come out lazy....it just feels like a close game or the inevitable first loss

dall have lost 5 of 7 but rested with only 2 games in the last week....wizz L5 of 7 and they are maddeningly inconsistent...they are coming off a comeback win over sac?...do i have the opponent right? regardless it was a sloppy game and a loss if beal hadn't gone off for 34...i'm biased against wiz so my opinion is very suspect here but i will most likely be on dall with the better team with the better coach that would like a win

Sac coming off a sloppy effort against the wiz....they both sucked...and coughed up a lead late...game before that they got schooled by the c's but rondo got tossed as he continues a career where it is impossible for him to look in the mirror and see anyone except majic johnson...this is a guy that would sit in the parking lot before practice nervous to go into practice due to his social anxiety issues and then proclaim himself god of basketball when he gets on the court...too funny...he actually wants his number retired in boston...seriously?....i digress into another one of my rondo rants...i did love him when he played well because he did have some monster games...regardless he is in assist mode and actually shooting ok and they are letting him run the floor and if demarcus plays his game and Yag and rondo chip in then i do not see okc covering 11 points...okc is the worst "very good talent" team....westbrook has no idea what ball distribution means...can you imagine him on the spurs....they would release him...kd is left to be squandered in a dysfuntional offense that will never showcase his skills properly and puts him in situations constantly where his decision making will be questioned.....probably a play on sac

Still thinking about the NBA. My First college basketball bet goes today, Davidson plus 9 first half. Find the game hard to understand. davidson has never lost in the first half of any game. NC has failed in the first half of 2 of their 3 home games as a 10+ favorite and in their next game they play Texas who previously beat them in NC. First bet but it looks good

So much for college basket ball. Not really sure what happened but Davidson could not hit a shot. 24% from the field

Back