Start em or Sit em 2021-2022 Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Please also name the opposing team (like this: Henry vs Jax or CMC vs Cincy) so that it‘s easier to help you.

BOL

I’ll be the first!

Full PPR
1 RB and 1 FLEX

Javonte Williams @ NYG
Trey Sermon @ DET
Ty Johnson @ CAR
Chase Claypool @ BUF
Tyler Boyd v MIN

currently flip flopping between Williams and Sermon, and have Boyd in FLEX for what seems like a safer play.

Williams. Mostert is healthy for now and should dominate the carries.

Boyd. Agree its the safer play. Let's see how Ben does with the downfield throws in a real game.

.5 ppr league - 14 teamer but really small limited benches.

Someone dropped Aiyuk. Should I pick him up for Kadarius Toney?

.5 ppr league - 14 teamer but really small limited benches.

Someone dropped Aiyuk. Should I pick him up for Kadarius Toney?
I have the same opportunity to grab Aiyuk in my 12 teamer.

Aiyuk has the higher opportunity ceiling IMO. Toney had a good week but he's still a rookie and still behind Shephard and Slayton on the depth chart when they come back, which may be this week. Aiyuk at least is still a starter even though he's 3rd option at this point behind Kittle and Deebo in a run first offense.

Being a bench stash I think Aiyuk will become more useful than Toney at some point.

nice, ty Gandolf. I was thinking the same. My only worry is Toney keeps improving until he is the main option w Shep and overtakes Slayton.

nice, ty Gandolf. I was thinking the same. My only worry is Toney keeps improving until he is the main option w Shep and overtakes Slayton.
Well shit, after seeing him in action today you may be right. Toney was sensational.

Speaking of Toney

Flex start

1 ppr .5 pp carry

Gaskin v buff
Toney v @kc
Sanders v mia
Claypool @clev

Brady on Bye.

Picked up J. Love v. KC or Big Ben v. CHI

Thoughts on how to roll with?

Need to drop 1 WR in a 16 team league .
Bryan Edward's, Golladay, Marcus Johnson or Robby Anderson? Any help Is appreciated. ( very thin at the WR with only Kupp)

Last edited:
Need to drop 1 WR in a 16 team league .
Bryan Edward's, Golladay, Marcus Johnson or Robby Anderson? Any help Is appreciated. ( very thin at the WR with only Kupp)
I‘d think Edwards should have more consistent opportunities going forward due to Ruggs‘ departure and he enjoys more reliable quarterback play than the other three, i‘d say. Golladay has been inconsistent and Saquon returning should make him less reliable in the same sense as Julio returning (soon?) should detract from MJ‘s potential. Carolina has a messy quarterback situation. I would say keep Edwards, hang on to Johnson if you can until Julio comes back. Anderson underperforms so often and so drastically that i‘d cut him.

2 part question
Do I start Gabriel Davis or Davante Parker at WR?

Flex question: start Rashard Penny or Davonte Smith if EKELER IS OUT?

2 part question
Do I start Gabriel Davis or Davante Parker at WR?

Flex question: start Rashard Penny or Davonte Smith if EKELER IS OUT?
I would say stay away from Parker vs that difficult Saint secondary but Davis is out this week

I‘d sign Justin Jackson if you can. But Penny seems like a riskier option since be might do a lot of sharing again with Dallas. I assume you‘re considering Penny only because your league doesn‘t do PPR?

Saints without hesitation. Panthers are the 2nd best offense to play against this year using ESPN stats. Saints also generate more turnovers than the NIners, and they're more interceptions than fumbles. Niners only have 6 picks all year.

Champ week

Mooney or Landry as my 3rd Receiver?
Mooney has eclipsed 100 in 2 of Dalton's 4 starts (discounting the start where Dalton was injured and Fields threw the majority of the passes), Landry has done so once all season. Based on target share, Mooney is way more heavily featured in the Bear offense than Landry in Cleveland's. Landry's floor also looks really low without having Mooney's big-play capability. Plus, against Pitt's super problematic run defense, Chubb should even more easily than usual be the focus of that offense.

So, I agree with Botanical.

Saints without hesitation. Panthers are the 2nd best offense to play against this year using ESPN stats. Saints also generate more turnovers than the NIners, and they're more interceptions than fumbles. Niners only have 6 picks all year.
Listened to you all the way…thanks amigo!

The finals were a great time to have Ja'Marr Chase and Rashaad Penny. Winning the league after losing Derrick Henry is one of my greatest sports accomplishments ever

Back