Stanley Cup Finals: Boston vs. Chicago Predictions

GatorsLeafsBills

Pretty much a regular
First off I am still in Depression from my Leafs. Seeing Boston makes it this far makes me sick to my stomach knowing that easily could have been us.:confused2::puking:

This should be a great Finals. Original 6 Matchup. Best team in the regular season vs. Best team in the Playoffs IMO.

Prediction: Rask is just way to hot to not win. Boston in 6.

My immediate impression is the games will be all or nothing scoring wise. 4-2s/4-3s vs 2-0s/2-1s, with not a lot in between. This is the perfect scenario for live totals betting, as I see it. In a lot of games a scoreless-or-1-goal 1st period is no indication of what's to come re the final tally, but here I think the 1st period will be a consistent guide for the tenor of the whole match. Was pretty much the case in ECFs, WCFs and for Chc/Det, see it continuing for the SCFs.

Pens in 6. Too much scoring ability for the Hawks. You can't stop the two greatest players in the world. Iginla finally gets his Cup.

Lol

Im not hopping off the Bruins wagon....I think they take a game in Chicago so I'll bet em G1 and if they lose same thing in G2....maybe hop on the series for a touch.

Bruins style of play has been gutsy and really the only team that had them on the ropes was Toronto. Rangers self destructed, the Pens couldn't handle a tough team.
Chicago on the other hand had to overcome a ridiculous rally from Detroit and a team with a very very good goal tender. IMO, I don't think bruins are the best team in the playoffs because they only played one team that really should of knocked them off.
End of the day it's all based on match ups. The Hawks can get physical and they can score.
As BC said this can easily be way over or just a 3 goal game.

I think the Hawks take it, just not sold on the B's journey here.

One thing for sure, I'm all over the under in game one, if it hits I'm all over the over in game two.

Chicago in 5 or 6... too much depth which is where the B's have beaten teams on this run to the finals IMO...

I'm with Santa, as much as I enjoyed Boston destroy Cindy and his band of lady gardens, the East was weak this year. I would take Chicago, LA, or San Jose over any team in the EC this year. Chicago in 6.

one other point is that with the lockout of course all each other has to go on is film and scouting...

give me the team that steamrolled a very deep conference...

Probably rooting for the team with the coolest celebration song in the NHL
[video=youtube;1fOs25GJU2g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fOs25GJU2g[/video]

Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis. Very underrated band IMO. Both of their full length releases are excellent.

Pens in 6. Too much scoring ability for the Hawks. You can't stop the two greatest players in the world. Iginla finally gets his Cup.

We need the sarcasm emoticon or font for this post for sure.

Probably rooting for the team with the coolest celebration song in the NHL
[video=youtube;1fOs25GJU2g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fOs25GJU2g[/video]
best national anthem performance as well

I went to a game the year they won it a few back

Count me in as a lifelong fan for this team....I know shit about hockey other than the playoffs are awesome, Live it is so fucking good, and go to a Hawks game before you die

best national anthem performance as well

I went to a game the year they won it a few back

Count me in as a lifelong fan for this team....I know shit about hockey other than the playoffs are awesome, Live it is so fucking good, and go to a Hawks game before you die

In the US, yes it is.

In Canada, that honor goes to Vancouver where the crowd sings along with the anthem singer, he even stops singing and lets the crowd take it over for a few lines. It's an unreal atmosphere, gives me the goosebumps every time I hear it, I really wish more teams would do it.

Coincidentally (from the rate the bands thread) U2's 'where the streets have no name' is the song that plays when the Canucks are coming out onto the ice. The whole atmosphere is just awesome, I have to make it to a playoff game up there at some point in my life (my wife has an uncle who lives in Vancouver so it should be possible).

Rene Rancore sings a pretty mean anthem at TD garden. Remember our seats behind the B's penalty box at the old garden 30 or so years ago. He would walk out right next to us to do his thing, always a nice likeable guy.

Remember seeing them play the Hawks back in the day on St Paddys. Stan Makita put an O' in front of his last name on his jersey, classic.

Anyways, B's D not getting enough credit. B's in 6 or 7.

Calgary was cool in their finals run for all the titties on the red mile...

Oilers have the great anthem FYI

Edmonton stole that tradition (singing along) from Vancouver.

Here it is from 2003 in Vancouver (Edmonton did it in their 2006 playoff run), with the same anthem singer that still sings it there today if I'm not mistaken...his name is Mark Donnelly

[video=youtube;vMrVM2whH_8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vMrVM2whH_8[/video]

And here it is in Edmonton...gives me chills every time I listen. In either city.

[video=youtube;x_4BBZtCO1U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_4BBZtCO1U&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

One more from Vancouver, the other one wasn't the best quality...

[video=youtube;Fc3OO0IUPjE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Fc3OO0IUPjE[/video]

If this doesn't give you chills and get you pumped up, you aren't alive...

[video=youtube;YK0FWDnqhxw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YK0FWDnqhxw[/video]

Edmonton stole that tradition (singing along) from Vancouver.

Here it is from 2003 in Vancouver (Edmonton did it in their 2006 playoff run), with the same anthem singer that still sings it there today if I'm not mistaken...his name is Mark Donnelly

still him yes, minus about 200 pounds

blackhawks just need to be physical with this B's team, I think it was mentioned above but outside of the Leafs no one was physical against the B's and look what happened..The hawks have the guys to do this and I have faith in Joel that he'll recognize this...

I'm following my hometown Bruins to win it all but DAMN

the hex is upon us...fuck you Bieber douche'

Bieber1.jpg

[TABLE="width: 90%"]
<tbody>[TR="class: TrGameOdd"]
[TD="align: center"]
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]INTERNET / -1[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Jan 18 08:48 PM[/TD]
[TD]
TNT
[/TD]
[TD]2012/2013 STANLEY CUP - ODDS TO WIN
[71005] BOSTON BRUINS +1000
[/TD]
[TD]
100 / 1000[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

blackhawks just need to be physical with this B's team, I think it was mentioned above but outside of the Leafs no one was physical against the B's and look what happened..The hawks have the guys to do this and I have faith in Joel that he'll recognize this...

Don't quite think that's the answer. Against the Pens, the hits were as follows:

Gm 1 34-19
Gm 2 37-19
Gm 3 46-34
Gm 4 33-25

All favoring the Pens.

To piggy back on my above, the B's only out hit the Rangers three games to two. Not that it means anything but overall in the series the Rags actually out hit the B's 179-174.

Toronto did out hit them every game & let's not forget, although it went to 7 the B's had a 3-1 series lead there. I think the physicality is over rated.

Just going on record as I cant bear to take any joy out of this series

Hawks in 5 Eastern Conference is garbage

How was the eastern conf garbage? Tough to compare the two when this is the first time east played west this year. Minn did all they could to get knocked out of playoff contention & det was lucky as shit to make it. Those happened to be the 7 & 8 seeds chi got to play the 1st two rounds.

I would say the west was tighter with teams more comparable than in the east but would not at all call them shit.

made it like 2 mins through that video, couldn't do it any further

There is some 'dead time' in there, but I figured you'd at least skip ahead to the Canadian National Anthem.

So, both Edmonton and Vancouver do the sing along anthem? Or did Edmonton just do it in the 2006 playoffs?

There is some 'dead time' in there, but I figured you'd at least skip ahead to the Canadian National Anthem.

So, both Edmonton and Vancouver do the sing along anthem? Or did Edmonton just do it in the 2006 playoffs?

no it was just the pain

Wounds still fresh only 2 years ago

no it was just the pain

Wounds still fresh only 2 years ago

:shake:

I also thought it was you that replied that Edmonton had the great anthem, but it was SantaCapper. My apologies. Since you're a Vancouver fan you know that Edmonton ripped that sing along tradition from the 'Nucks.

Another interesting stat: Favs are 10-2 SU in games that have paid out on the Over since the beginning of the 2nd Round.

Dogs have struggled to win if they've failed to bring sufficient D to the contest.

Back