Spurs @ Hornets Games/Series Play

Any basketball related thoughts?????

No at home tomorrow in a game 7..............exciting ball for you Orleans!!!!

julius hodge knows the other half will punch him in the nuts

BW - ill be on my hornets most likely, no idea it opened at 2 but already at 4. I havent read any articles yet but we all know the situation tomorrow

since the merger of the NBA and ABA over 30 years ago, NBA playoff teams are 0-22 in any best-of-7 series where the home team won each of the first 4 games and the team with the homecourt advantage outscored its opponent.

New Orleans outscored San Antonio, 382-378, through the first 4 games, all won by the home team.

of the 13 teams in NBA history to successfully come back from a 2 games to none deficit in a best-of-7 series, all but one of them managed to stay within 10 points in at least one of the first two games. The 1995 Houston Rockets were the only ones that didn't but won their series anyway. Tonight, San Antonio will try to become only the second team ever to do this.

courtesy of MrBator

All I know is, this is a definite no play for me, too many clashing trends, contradicting indicators...the spread is spot on if you ask me, the better team laying four points...

yep, it's a no play.

I like Spurs +170 tonight

... but that is me wanting to make money when my heart gets crushed, hoping the two contradictory feelings negate each other.

I'm conflicted as well, I want to play the Hornets on the one hand, but want to take a piece of that +180 on the other.

I think NO wins, though.

reNew, you and i both have the Hornets to win the series though right? I'm trying to decide what to do because a middle attempt seems smart with the +4.5, but I want to insure profit so that'll probably mean me playing the Spurs ML at +160 is what i'm seeing now unfortunately

I like Spurs +170 tonight

... but that is me wanting to make money when my heart gets crushed, hoping the two contradictory feelings negate each other.

I bet the SAS ML just because I hate the spurs SOOOOOOOO much that I won't feel AS bad if they actually win, and I'll still be happy if they lose even though I'll be down...

since the merger of the NBA and ABA over 30 years ago, NBA playoff teams are 0-22 in any best-of-7 series where the home team won each of the first 4 games and the team with the homecourt advantage outscored its opponent.

New Orleans outscored San Antonio, 382-378, through the first 4 games, all won by the home team.

of the 13 teams in NBA history to successfully come back from a 2 games to none deficit in a best-of-7 series, all but one of them managed to stay within 10 points in at least one of the first two games. The 1995 Houston Rockets were the only ones that didn't but won their series anyway. Tonight, San Antonio will try to become only the second team ever to do this.

Interesting #'s but they are also a good example of how you can turn #'s to make any point you want. Now Renew's 6-0 playoff record I can't argue about. :)

The Jazz/Rockets series last year is very similar to this one. Only reason it doesn't qualify(debunk) either of the above theories is that A) Jazz blew out the rockets in game 3 which led them to have a 10 point series lead heading into game 7 and B) they lost by 8 and 9 points in the first two games. In my book there isn't a big difference between 8, 9, and 10. As for the first trend 4 points is such a small difference.

I think Counselor has the right approach on this win with his distaste of the Spurs. I'll just say good luck to the Hornets fans. I'd much rather talk about the Lakers/Hornets series than the Lakers/Spurs series come tomorrow morning.

let the better team win :cheers:
;)

and yeah mr Renew, you just keep spamming my facebook with those anti Spurs thoughts, you will have to ban me from your profile tomorrow if Spurs win :D

340x.jpg

lol JPicks - glad ya want to see a Hornets/Lakers series buddy. seems like some pretty crazy #'s but they have no affect on this game in my opinion either, no offense to Mr. Bator or BC. Even Mr. Bator misses bets.

thanks Saytr - haha, had to buddy. I dont want to see what may happen to me here... or facebook if you win.

GAME 7:

I've got no write ups really, we all know whats on the line
-Oberto and Manu starting tonight, no Kurt they think Oberto is more effective.
- Udoka to get more PT, taking away from Finley
- Hornets saying that they have to play as a team, what got them to this point, PLAY AS A TEAM.
- West says he's alright, 100%, etc. He says the thing is he's gotta just do what he's done in past games. He still lit it up in Game 5 when his back was starting to act up.
- Forget playoff experience already - the Spurs know this, its Game 7. You've gotta win, theres no playoff inexperience excuse anymore, if they get blown out in the 3rd can they really think they can rely on "experience" NO. Both teams living and dieing by the jump shot.
- Hornets need to step up the defense once again
- I doubt you see another ridiculous shooting performance for the Spurs going on the road

KEYS:
BENCH - do you think Udoka will provide the same spark on the road? I dont
HOME COURT - we've seen it, its a strange thing, but we've got too many players who feed off the home court.
BOARDS - whoever gets the board will either get to speed it up and score in transition (Hornets) or slow it down (Spurs)
REFS - they've been very biased to the home team, lets continue this trend

PLAYS:
New Orleans Hornets -4.5 -110 (1.75 Units)
New Orleans Hornets -9 +200 (1 Unit)
New Orleans Hornets 3Q -1 -115 (1 Unit)
San Antonio Spurs 2Q +1 -115 (1 Unit)
New Orleans Hornets -4/OVER 182.5 +250 (.75 Units)

Last time I made multiple bets in a closing game (Mavs game 5) I got burned except for game long bet which was for the Hornets to cover. I dont care if I lose money here, I just want the Hornets to win. Either way... LETS GO HORNETS!!! I can't wait to go to the game tonight! WHITE OUT tonight

GWarner - I do still have my series bet +120 pending. It's only a unit so its not like I'll really turn much profit hedging and I've already made so many bets. It would be smart if you aren't betting todays game and to bet on the Spurs ML though.

:tiphat:LETS GO HORNETS:tiphat:
'an_horse''an_horse''an_horse''an_horse''an_horse'

M-V-P, M-V-P!!!!!!!

you know ill be rootin for em with ya renew, lets get this money. fuck the spurs.

lol sorry satyr. i just cant put up with the spurs. although im a ginobli fan, even with the flops! but thats about it. not a fan of duncan, parker, bowen, and kurt thomas

every year its something with them though. mainly horry

last year the hit on nash.

this year the cheapshot on D west.

they definitely had a great run and a dynasty though, although it looks as if its coming to an end now.

plus ive got 2 wagers on NO tonight, gettin pumped.
may the best team win ; )

Actually Satyr here to help. On the Spurs tonight with you. Homer pick,
But as Rick Flair always said "To be the man you got to beat the man".
Should be a great game either way. Good Luck to all.

CNT, I love Manu because he is a baller. A real baller. I do get the urge to write him a hate mail about his flops every once in a while, really. :D

I love TD obviously, always been a fan of his silent killer image. Brilliant player, Tony is great too. The way he owned Nash for years...it's just great.

I don't think this is the end of SA Spurs even if they lose tonight, they need to rejuvenate the team but their main three players can still give a season or two, Parker is young.

wearo

yep, will be a great game, I think it's going to be a close one. And btw, I didn't bet on SA tonight, this one is a no play for me.
:cheers:

CNT, I love Manu because he is a baller. A real baller. I do get the urge to write him a hate mail about his flops every once in a while, really. :D

I love TD obviously, always been a fan of his silent killer image. Brilliant player, Tony is great too. The way he owned Nash for years...it's just great.

I don't think this is the end of SA Spurs even if they lose tonight, they need to rejuvenate the team but their main three players can still give a season or two, Parker is young.

wearo

yep, will be a great game, I think it's going to be a close one. And btw, I didn't bet on SA tonight, this one is a no play for me.
:cheers:

a CHICK-en

nah I think the line is sharp.

oooh ooookkkk I'll add a unit on the Spurs.

NOT.

Let them just win without any action for me. :cheers:

GO SPURS

nah I think the line is sharp.

oooh ooookkkk I'll add a unit on the Spurs.

NOT.

Let them just win without any action for me. :cheers:

GO SPURS

totally understand you

better to have only one reason to be upset about (them losing) than 2 (spurs losing and you losing your $)

ain't gonna be the case, spurs rolllllllll

great season for your boys Renew

love what they brought to the table throughout the year. They are the real deal. CP3 will win championships for this team.

:shake:

Im glad they kept playing hard in the 4th. Congrats Satyr - great job, your boys shot lights out from 3 and kept getting the boards.

D. West - definitely not himself tonight

Im just glad to say I was there from the beginning and didnt jump on the bandwagon and the boys put on a great show for the year.

thanks sammy - appreciate the support, they were great and glad they got their opportunity to shine in front of the rest of the nation.

hop on the bandwagon with Brewer for a month :shake:

you think i root against a phil jackson triangle offense led team that is the closest thing to Michael and his teams (minus the monster big inside) over these 3 beauties ...

bruce bowen, manu, parker and duncan?
anything detroit?
james posey?

:36_11_6:

However, i may hop on the Oakland Raiders wagon with you seeing that Rivers is coming off an ACL tear and his TE Gates has trouble doing something so simple as running, KC is just as questionable maybe more and denver has no d and their best wr was last seen falling thru a plasma.

But then again rich gannon is nowhere to be seen. ;)

Back