Spurs @ Hornets Games/Series Play

thanks Satyr - your boys should come through with a W, but they better cover all of my bets.

Plays:
- writeup above

Spurs -6.5 -110 (1.5 Units)
Spurs -4 1H -110 (1.5 Units)
Spurs -2.5 1Q -130 (1 Unit)
Mo Pete -.5 PTS +160 v. Finley (.5 Unit)
- to explain, I think Finley just gets less playing time overall with all this talk of Brent Barry playing more and Manu starting has been covered by SA papers.

Adding:

New Orleans Hornets @ San Antonio Spurs UNDER 92 1H -110 (1 Unit)

Updated Card:

San Antonio Spurs -6.5 -110 (1.5 Units)
San Antonio Spurs -4 1H -110 (1.5 Units)
San Antonio Spurs -2.5 1Q -130 (1 Unit)
New Orleans Hornets @ San Antonio Spurs UNDER 92 1H -110 (1 Unit)
Mo Pete -.5 PTS +160 v. Finley (.5 Unit)

Took a few days off from all sports capping because Thursday was a disaster for me. Game 3 certainly didn't play out the way I thought it would early on and I got moosed in a few baseball games.

Anyways on to Game 4.

Ginobili or Finley starting is still in the air but the way Ginobili has talked about it in the paper it appears he wants to start. Basically even though that he provides energy off the bench, he feels the playoffs should provide the energy to players coming off the bench. Duncan looks to improve on his performance since he was sick the first couple of games and still recovering game 3. One big difference that I said the Spurs should have done in Game 2 after watching the first game of the series was to put Bowen on Peja and they did that finally. Pop again rested the players on Friday and continues to employ the strategy of staying as fresh as possible for the Hornets. Timmy knows what he has to do, and thats kick it out when the double comes. Hes did that very well and has been getting it out of their quickly. They'll keep to shooting those 3 they keep getting. (something I would do to counter would be try and cheat once in a while and jump the cross court pass from high post to the opposite corner)

Scott plans on no major adjustments, the Hornets were right in to the game but the Spurs just caught fire at the end and were getting to more boards. This keeps Tyson out of foul trouble and he's continued to show he can disrupt Tim Duncan. Byron was very upset with the bench's level of production, something we all knew would be a factor later on. I expect less of Bonzi Wells trying to shoot it from the outside if thats the case because he basically single handedly took us out the game by not passing it to the play makers. Juju hopes to defend Manu and it appears he may get more playing time to do so, using his length and quickness even though he's a rookie. He's been a nice surprise this year since no one had any idea he could shoot from 3 (shot 41% in the season, limited playing time but still impressive). Game 4 is all about Defense/improving bench play. Byron Scott, again not happy with the defensive play looks to step it up and prevent penetration from Tony Parker and Manu to get to the paint and the Hornets are looking to do just that. You do that, I don't care how many 3's you take all day. Basketball is all about getting the ball in the paint... Byron also wants to set better screens for Peja to open him up for more shots but Peja definitely wants to get in rhythm tonight. Also no more rotating to double FABRICIO OBERTO. That is one thing Scott said should absolutely NOT happen and Melvin Ely did just that. It left Duncan open a few times so no weak-side defense on the high post for any post player not named Timmy, probably goes the same for Kurt Thomas. These are some minor tweaks but a lot of this comes down to refocusing on defense. There's a tendency to let up a bit on defense when your shots start to not fall, to become lazy, especially after a couple of big wins where your offense was clicking. At the end of Game 3 they didnt do what they've been doing all series long which was to do what the Spurs do for a living, run your offense, take your time, dictate the tempo, no matter what. They want a few more fast break opportunities, but also you can't step outside of your roll, and the Spurs rarely step outside of their roll. The Hornets sound ready for Game 4, the focus appears to be back.

The Hornets want to keep the ball moving, and get the Spurs tired defensively. Even though CP3 did a great job scoring, one man won't tire out the entire defense. They want to run to keep the guards moving and get Peja some free looks on fast breaks. Peja said he has to be more aggressive offensively getting opened as well. Pargo has to make a few more shots and he can, although I don't like his shot selection, he can make them.

The Spurs played a nearly perfect game, a couple of small errors and the Hornets can regain control of this. The Hornets are gaining experience each and every game, individually and as a team, Byron is leading them with his knowledge he's gained through his nba career and coaching career, I think the Hornets win game 4. If we are going to win tonight's game, we've got to come out strong and run them ragged. 3rd Q has been our quarter, we've got to shut them down defensively and use half to get fresh.

Missed a better line but not a big concern, I think we win SU

Plays:
New Orleans Hornets -3.5 +295 (1 Unit)
New Orleans Hornets ML +190 (1.50 Unit)
New Orleans Hornets 3Q +1.5 -115 (1 Unit)

should be another battle tonight between your boys and my boys Satyr. Glad ya enjoyed the Hornets stuff I sent ya, still looking forward to that article though haha.

wow

NO needs to go back for some homecooking and a boost of their confidence...they look like a lost team

with the way HC is just crazy dominating these playoffs, should be just what they need

yet, funny how we were a good road team/poor home team early in the season and now we look liked a bad road team/good home team.

that was embarrassing... i dont know what to say.

I guess it's the youth/inexperience of a lot of these teams in the playoffs just feeding of their home courts... besides the spurs and pistons, none of these teams have really been together all that long.

I think its pretty simple

they won 2 games at home by big margins, then took the Spurs to the final 5 mins of game 3, then they ran out of gas, and the tank was still empty for game 4, where they basically didnt compete at all after the initial stanza. Its after such a loss that their tank will fill up again, esp. playing back at home.

Spurs aren't suddenly reborn, they simply dealt to a team on the road w/an empty tank.

I hear you brother I have them for the series, and I know they are a great team and you support them.

For one reason I cannot see Byron Scott outcoaching POPS and I knew this would take effect at some point. Its the same thing with Doc RIVERS, these guys never ever ever win championships. They are not good coaches, look at the past coaches its always Pops or Phil, Pat Riley RUDY T. I dont think Byron's standing on the sidelines like a bouncer is working. He is outclassed in this one. I really think the Spurs willl win one in the Hornets and win game 6 for sure at home.

What is your outlook on the series.

im still sticking to the Hornets in 7. I said before the series started itd go 7 no matter what and I bet these guys can't wait to get home. They're young, they'll forget easily when they are home, thats got to be part of it. BC's statement pretty much wrap it up. I'm thinking the home teams just keep on winning these.

We do need to make an adjustment on Tim Duncan now and have CP3 stop cheating underneath on picks so quickly and have someone hedge on the screens to stop the penetration. Our defense is no longer working.
Byrons gotta get David West to shoot the wide open shots and stop hesitating, gotta set multiple screens for Peja to get him open. Change up the offense a little... just alter a couple of plays and you can get some open looks for the shot makers. If Byron cant figure that out then I got no clue.

Yeah RENEW I thought the Hornets had this one in 5 for sure. THey could steal one game in Spurs and win back home but now it does not look so good.

What concerns me bro is the very thing you said is YOUNG PLAYERS--

I like POPS vs Byron any day of the week-

I take Parker over CP3

MANU and Duncan over PEJA and WEST

You said defense is not working and what ever you did on Offense is not working and that is exactly it. Only a handfull of coaches in this league are good. The D'antonis and company are not good in series becuase they only coach a few games. I really think guys like Byron, Doc Rivers, Avery, D'antoni just don't have a clue how to coach. If it was as easy as you said there would be so many good top level coaches but they are not.

I am with you on the Hornets, but I am losing more faith minute by minute.

there was very little one could do with the way the Spurs were shooting tonight, it was pretty ridiculous. I know some were open looks but they'd just be able to step back and shoot or catch and shoot and they'd fall. I think Byron packed it in and said lets go home sometime in the 3rd...

Sammy I don't think Byron is in the same box as Rivers, I mean give him some credit, this guy basically built a team from scratch, not like 2 superstars arrived in his rescue like Rivers had.

Boston barely beat Atlanta

Hornets destroyed Dallas

Hornets are 2:2 against the defending champs

Boston was just owned by Cleveland in game 3

Scott also lead NJN in two NBA finals.

So I'll take Scott over Rivers any day. Pop, well he's another story, this guy is a legend.

Spurs have the mental advantage now but the Hornets still have HCA so it cancells each other out.

We'll see.

I am genuinely worried about the Hornets.

They did not respond in game four, and this is cause for concern. I think the Spurs have found a way to stop the Hornets before the Hornets figured a way to stop the Spurs. It may be the lack of experience, it may be the coaching; I don't know, but it worries me.

If the Hornets do not respond in 1H of game five, then you can make money by betting the Spurs 2H and Spurs in game six to close the series.

It will be the classic New Orleans sports franchise flop. My sports feelings are battle-tested from being a lifetime Saints fan, so I will get over it.

Blue Chip that is exactly what i was thinking bro second half spurs also as I think what will happen is very simple.

Teams always revert to what they truly are.

No offense to RENEW but this Hornets team will not win a close game, they have shown that they can do well when everything is going well but when the going gets tough in a tight game, SPURS will beat them every single time. THey simply cannot defend Parker and Manu and Duncan will own them.

SPurs are CHAMPS-- They have won big games before on the road. Unless Hornets get some super effort from the role players they are done in game 5 also. It is easy for a team to win game 3 and game 4 at home and then steal game 5 also.

WEST- Basically a poor man's DUNCAN- has not delivered when his team needs him- looks shaky does not shoot the jumper and hesitates- He is not a star and is basically only good because of CP3-

Chandler- Wil choke- he wil get a few dunks but will be in foul trouble vs an aggressive duncan-

PEJA- Perhaps one of the biggest dissapointments ever- Same thing as Steve Nash- Bowen shuts both of these guys down easy- Peja cannot create his own shot and it shows- hE is deadly when he has wide open shots but now is pretty much useless with Bowen on him.

Pargo- Raptors cut him enough said-

MO Pete- Raptors traded him enough said-

Ely- A complete Joke-

Cp3- An all star as advertised---

CP3 cannot beat the spurs by himself-- CP3 vs the BIG 3 for SPURS? THis series is over- Hornets relying on home court advantage is the biggest joke I have ever heard in my life. They know it is over. As Blue CHIP said they had a great year, but will not beat the spurs. Pargo, West, Mo P, ELy are not winners, either is Chandler and PEJA. They are all benifiting from CP3 who IMO is an MVP candidate.

This is not surprising at all. Just ask yourself did you really expect a team with no playoff stars and a crew of castoffs to beat the world champs? After it was 2-0 it seemed Hornets were on their way for sure as it seemed like they were a matchup problem for them.

The reason I think the Spurs are going to win honestly is because its like Manu, Duncan and Parker said enough of this shit we are going to beat these guys and knock them out of the series. The bad thing is how the Hornets responded? THey gave little effort, not indicative of championship teams. You dont give SPurs any opportunities to come back in this series.

I only trust Cp3 but he cannot do it all by himself. Spurs have been there before and the Hornets are an overachieving team that has a major star on their team. I mean Peja, Pargo, West, Ely, Chandler,Mo p these guys have all been traded numerous times already in the NBA. They are not clutch players.

These 5 guys that I named will cost the Hornets the series. I know everyone is relying on home court advantage, where the Hornets have been tough. That is fools thinking. Tell me that Hornets will win because they will change their O, drive more, play better D, be more clutch, PEja will break out and beat Bowen, Chandler will stop Duncan? Don't tell me that they have home court advantage. Home court alone is not a reason why they will win vs the Spurs. This game IMO is a carbon copy of the Orlando game vs Detroit game 4. WHen push comes to shove Orlando chokers always mess up at the end of the game. Howard always disappears.

I see absolutely no scenario where the Hornets can win this series RENEW, they were not just beaten, they awoke the Spurs. Spurs will beat the Hornets in a close game in teh Hornets nest, without a doubt.

By basically giving the spurs their win at home in game 6, this makes the Hornets have to win game 5 and game 7 vs the spurs at home to win the series. This is essentially giving the Spurs great odds on this series now. ALl they need to do is to win one on the road out of 2 chances and it is over, because Spurs have already won game 6 at home.

Lakers are in the spot as the Hornets. One series is favored well over -400 and the other is a pick? I am not the only one who thinks the Hornets are done in this series.

Odds are basically 1 to 2 on the Hornets to win as they need to go 2-0 at home and San Antonio you are getting 2 to 1 odds because you just need 1 road win in 2 tries to win the series. This is all dependent on the spurs game 6 home win which should be an easy one.

Mentally, spurs have winners who want to win so badly, u can see it on their faces. it is not surprising at all that the Hornets may lose 4 straight in this one because of the mental factor. In this league average players are just not part of teams that beat championship teams.

Average players always revert back to average form. Look at the Hornets, what is happening. PAUL is doing all the scoring because the cast off crew is reverting back to normal form. This always happens. SPurs have balanced scoring and is scoring from all different players. Hornets are now relying on PAUL to beat them by himself and the cast off crew is sucking.

This is why Lakers beat Utah, for the same reason. Utah did win both game 3 and game 4 at home, and barely hung on in game 4 at home.
As good as Utah is playing with the balanced scoring, they still barely hang on to beat Lakers in their series at home.

When your head coach Byron says the other team has had more intensity in every game since game 1, and it is getting worse, you are in trouble.

Last edited:
Sammy - it looks like you are evaluating the hornets just based purely on this series alone. I've watched these guys the entire season and the last two games have not looked like Hornets basketball at all.

i know we dont win close games, we live and die by shooting the ball. I've said it for a long time and thats why I will often bet adjusted spreads. We don't play many close games but I do believe we can win a close game with the Spurs. Peja/D. West/CP3 have all hit their fair share of clutch shots to win games. Since late January/early February we've played with much more confidence at home.

Chandler - he's not an offensive machine, he's made for the pick and roll, thats all he does in our offense and thats all he should be doing. Hes there for boards so I'm not counting him as a go to threat downlown to put post moves on anyone. It's awful watching him try to put up anything down there not on a lob.

West has NEVER been on another team... We drafted him in the 1st round idk... 5/6 years ago.

Pargo - I dont know if he was ever a Raptor but he was a bull and Laker for sure, he's shown glimpses of breaking out but if this continues he will be more dependable next year.

Mo Pete - free agent, we signed him... we had to overpay, but hes never a big option in our offense, we often play bonzi/pargo over him depending on how they are playing that game but late game situations he doesnt even matter

David West has a GREAT jump shot... I've got absolutely no clue what you are talking about. He can catch and shoot the ball from anywhere on the court and has hit the occasional three (rarely but he's hit multiple clutch 3's to win games, stated above). CP3 calls him the 18 foot assassin if that gives you any indication. David West needs to get his head out of his ass and just take the open shot instead of hesitating. I've seen it all year long, he hesitates and more will miss but when he just releases it he sinks it, its more in rhythm... CP3 has called him out a couple of times and told him to just take the shot if its there. He's did the same thing earlier this year, CP3 gave a talking to him and he started draining them. If he hits, the rest of the offense will open up. Stop posting up and take the damn shot if it's there.

Bonzi needs to stop shooting.

Ely is only there to try and give Tyson rest, he didnt even play much for the last half of the season and dont think he saw any PT in round 1 because we used Hilton Armstrong (more down the stretch). Ely's just more physical that Hilton but Ely is garbage. He doesn't play a significant role on our team.

I dont think we traded for any of these guys on our current roster except for Bonzi and Mike James.

We need to change our defense in some form. We've stuck to the same thing and it's gotten worse. I'll read the papers to see if Byron hints at any kind of alterations.

I see what you are saying, the Spurs core has been together for years. The Hornets core has been together 2/3 years. Peja barely played because of injures until this year. Still the team chemistry is great between those who went to OKC and played there because they practically lived together.

The major thing that needs to be changed is defense... we missed OPEN shots early and often in the 1st quarter of Game 4, we just never got into any king of rhythm. Said this earlier but we just gave up in the 3rd quarter, esepcially when Tyson went out... I have no idea what Byron was thinking leaving him in but once that happened and he saw what the Spurs were doing there was no point in trying to make a comeback effort. We basically played half a game, if thats what you want to call it.

I dont know if Byron actually said they had more intensity than us since Game 1... now maybe that was a way to try and motivate his team because certainly we out played them in Game 1 and Game 2...

And yes... I'm used to losing, just like Blue_Chip. I can understand the concern you have. It's just our history of pro sports in LA, you come to expect it haha.

Sammy I don't think Byron is in the same box as Rivers, I mean give him some credit, this guy basically built a team from scratch, not like 2 superstars arrived in his rescue like Rivers had.

Boston barely beat Atlanta

Hornets destroyed Dallas

Hornets are 2:2 against the defending champs

Boston was just owned by Cleveland in game 3

Scott also lead NJN in two NBA finals.

So I'll take Scott over Rivers any day. Pop, well he's another story, this guy is a legend.

Spurs have the mental advantage now but the Hornets still have HCA so it cancells each other out.

We'll see.

:cheers:

RENEW lets do this- I also have the Hornets for the series. I was very disappointed in the way they lost in San Antonio not at the losses. I expect a better effort at home as it will be needed cause Spurs will try and win this one I think.

I will not hedge out of anything, just watch and hope for a nice Hornets halftime lead. If things dont look good we can always take a SPURS 2nd half play or 4th qtr play if the game is very close also. But hoping for a big Hornets win tomorrow, or at least a nice halftime lead which can give us options.:cheers:

I am pretty sure if we win teh series we need the win tomorrow bro, I dont like our chances down 3-2 going to Spurs land, those guys are playing too good at home and are outmuscling us at home.

We need to get the whole team involved tomorrow and reject Parker that guy gets more layups than anyone in this league? How he is not tall but is so quick- I think we do a better job on him and MANI

:smiley_acbe: :shake:

Of course Im going to say we will win tomorrow, I hope our series plays pull through (I have them at +120) but tomorrow is a must win for sure. I doubt we could force them to come back to NO if we lose tomorrow.

Only concern I'd have with a 2H play is when the Hornets are at home, we usually play an outstanding 3rd and 4th quarter. Even if the Spurs are up a few at half, I've seen the Hornets make up sizable deficits or a very close game at the end of the 3rd and just dominant in the 4th. It'll be an interesting game but I can't wait to see what the atmosphere is like tomorrow night when Im at the game.

Atleast the Spurs will only be on one day of rest, Hornets advantage there with our youth.

a trend i noticed... Hornets are 5-0 in the last and only 5 playoff games I've attended :shake: lol, BEWARE

Lets get this one tomorrow. Do whatever you have to do tomorrow. Interfere, tackle Ginobli, run on the court naked, go hit on LONGARIO to distract Parker and do whatever it takes to win.

ease up kids....Hornets have played too great ballgames....but all they've done is hold court..

Most likely SA gets both @ home...

Game 5 the nerves will be there..lets see how they respond..

I hope they respond favorably..
Let's see how they respond now...first quarter is big for Hornets tonight.

I'll be pulling for your boys renew.

thanks Jump - i think Byron's got to show some urgency. after reading the paper today he's just saying he's been calm to show he has confidence in his squad... but at some point he's gonna have to put new life into them.

Game 5:
I really dont have much to say, not much said in the papers but I'll give a summary.

Byron continues to stress Defense/Defense/Defense.
- you play defense and get REBOUNDS, you get more into your style of transition basketball and wear out the Spurs. The offense will get going if you do it on the defensive end.

Spurs know they have to get REBOUNDS so they can dictate the tempo, also they need to keep sticking to CP3 and PEJA, just make these guys work hard.

Of course there are other factors but it all comes down to defensive intensity and rebounding.

He has these guys thinking the right way. 3 games series, a loss is a loss whether is a blowout or by one, the Hornets know they've lapsed defensively.

This is encouraging just because we haven't lost since March @ home, We've only lost 1 game since March... just after the the fans starting showing up and selling out the Hive.
We've seen both sides of both teams at home and on the road. First people thought this would be Hornets in 5 after 2 games, now after 4 games people think this is Spurs in 6. I am sticking to the 7 games series, and for it to go 7 games, we've gotta win TODAY. Its a must

There is still that odd trend that the Spurs haven't advanced past teh 2nd round after winning the championship, I forget who posted it...

ESPN like the SPURS
-interesting stat from a John Hollinger article
In conference semifinals, the team with home-court advantage wins 79.2 percent of the time. But in best-of-7s in which the home team wins the first four games, that number improves to 82.5 percent.

Plays:
Hornets -4 (-120) (1.5 Units)
Hornets -10.5 +240 (.75 Units)

GL tonight. I disagree with the play, leaning the other side here (for the first time in the series we disagree I think ;))

but it's a no play for me. :cheers:

I was leaning Spurs...but my brother, die hard Hornets homer... called me and said lay whatever # with the Hornets tonight... he told me to pound them games 1&2 and said nothing about 3&4.... usually his way of saying bet the other side if you like em'.

Like that -10.5. Ballsy but very likely if they win the way this series has gone

nice no play satyr. Looks like this game is gonna go 7 games to me. Im not expecting a W from us in Game 6 but you never know.

yup spek - im always willing to throw down on the adjusted spread with the hornets, for or against us. just how we play. we win big or lose big. looks like your bro has been spot on with his plays.

Great job bro...

Did anyone else find it hilarious when they told the story of Byron showing cropped clips of Remember the Titans and Rudy for his players in pregame...

I mean c'mon...

reNew, you are making bank on these alternate lines like NO -10.5

Congrats to us! Now we have two shots at closing out the defending champs.

its silky smooth cogen

satyr - im just glad we can say we brought yall to game 7 if we lose the series, nba fans now know we are a legit team but that should make next year interesting with us being hunted instead of the hunters.

Jump - thanks. I'm glad I dont have to hear that kinda stuff at the game...

thanks blue_chip - there really is no reason not to bet alternate lines right now. during the season you have a bunch more situations to worry about but rule #1 is we lose big or lose big! This is just an incredible season, like the Saints magical run!

Game 6:

I am actually really surprised to see most of the forum on my Hornets tonight... and I really dont understand why. I'd like to believe my Hornets can win a BIG game on the road. They've been one of the better road teams this year, but still I said from the beginning that this would go 7 games no matter what. Yes... 7 is a LARGE #, but once again, the spread is irrelevant when involving hornets games, especially in the playoffs. There aren't teams coming in playing 4/5 or having an advantage of having 3 days rest vs a team on a B2B or playing 5/7, these teams are in a series, they are getting the same rest. So basically what I'm getting at is SPREAD is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT especially for a team who all season long either WON BIG or LOST BIG. I watched these guys all year, I'll keep repeating that, I know their tendencies.

Game 5, CP3 didn't play all that well, sure... but David West did exactly what he should've been doing and wasn't hesitating. The adjustment Byron made was so simple and it was all Tyson actually making the suggestion of letting him guard Duncan 1 v 1 more than an immediate double team. Duncan no longer knew what to expect and it threw the teams rhythm off completely. Well I'm sure they've made the proper adjustments to step out on David West or shadow him more and Duncan will probably be more aggressive down low now that he knows the double team may come later than usual, try to get a quick foul on Tyson whos sprained his toe. Although CP3 didnt play well... we had others play well doing things they normally wouldn't do, especially on the road and in this case they will be on the road. Mo Pete??? this guy loves playing at home, he's one of the first guys to try and pump the crowd up out of timeouts, he feeds off that energy and probably won't hit 4-6 3's... he caught fire for a little while in the 3rd. PEJA will NOT get 11 boards, this is a guy who usually gets what... 4/5 if even. We haven't been able to bring the defensive intensity for the entire game on the road yet in this series. We just haven't even performed all that well on the road. We also got to the line often... and the calls won't be going our way, there were some bad calls early against us but we started getting a lot of calls later in Game 5. It'll all come down to the 2H and I just dont think we can bring the defensive intensity a full 48. We caught the Spurs off guard by our adjustments, Pop will have his troops ready, after all it is the Spurs and Pop... It'll be hard to contain Parker once again and keep the ball out of his hands. Plus he did get in some foul trouble, he seemed to have his head out of the game basically.

I have a series play on the Hornets +120, I still believe we win. But I still think this goes to 7 games. Tyson will be playing with a sprained toe, I don't know how badly thatll affect his quickness but a big toe sprain can be a big deal.

Spurs
- Ginobili claims they lost focus after Pop got the Tech, maybe thats true or not but it's a reality check that they lost and are on the brink of elimination. I know the trend is out there that the Spurs won't get out of this round after winning the Championship the year before, I've used it before and a reason why I think we will win this series...
-There was a lack of ball movement last game, they did pass effectively at times and picked us apart with some great passes underneath for easy lay ins. Just keep the ball moving and get it in the paint with Ginobili or Parker.

Hornets
-the injury concerns are there, I think if we are down a significant amount late... might as well shut down the starters especially with injuries. We are a team that can lose composure quite easily... David West has shown his frustrations in previous games, CP3 has a short temper at times and they're our key players.
-Peja - I dont think can guard Ginobili all that well two games in a row, get 11 boards, repeating this fact
-Mo Pete... doubt he'll hit 4/6 3's again. repeating this fact once again
-We want to win tonight, absolutely... but we know that we have game 7 and theres not point of risking further injuries if the game gets out of hand. That card won't come out until necessary and the 1H should be a close one for sure.

I'll probably be on the Spurs -7, waiting it out for 6.5. Also considering Hornets 1Q/2Q/1H plays. I can make a 2H play depending on how the game looks.

babyduncanca9.jpg

CP3 may step it up... I think the Spurs go back to being more physical and frustrating D.West/CP3. doubt mo pete steps it up, pargo is hot and cold and don't think his confidence level is all that high although he performed well last game. We had a lot of role players step up in roles they usually don't step up in last game. We also rarely shoot 30+ FTs in a game, in fact we were among the bottom 3 in FT attempts per game during the season and I just doubt youll see as many FT attempts by us. Im repeating a lot of this but just trying to throw about some key points.

Anyways I hope some of yall found this useful, EVERYONE seems to be on the Hornets and I'll be happy if that happens. but im fading my boys tonight. Still may add a 2H play depending on how things look.

Spurs -7 -110 (1.5 Units)
Hornets +2 1Q +100 (1 Unit)
Hornets/Spurs OVER 46.5 1Q -115 (1 Unit)
Spurs -12.5 +200 (.75 Units)

Adding:

Spurs -1 -105 (2H) (1 Unit)
Not enough Hornets players shooting well offensively, even though we are getting some open looks. Spurs moving the ball really well and should continue to wear us out.

why are you pissed?

well done. See ya game 7 ;).

lol, we played AWFULLY. :hang:

Yea I trusted my capping but lol I hate to see us get throttled in that way.

Should be a fun game 7, atleast I'm getting to watch more playoff basketball live :tiphat:

yep

whoever goes through it won't be undeserved I'd say.

let the better team win, whoever wins better win the West or I will be pissed then. :D

Back