Some South American Plays for the Weekend

emet15

Pretty much a regular
Hi there, as i Introduced myself on an early thread, I'm not so into Premiership plays, but I do know some south american leagues which I've followed for my entire life......

We start in Argentina......

Its a risky play, as we will go against the league leader, and the one that has crushed each team they've played, Independiente (3w out of 3, with +2.6 goals per game) has to face a very tough but small team Argentinos Jrs...........
Actually the play here is Draw at +250........
There is some kind of magic in Argentinos Jrs stadium, as they have played all of the BIG 5 teams of the country and none but one has managed to get a draw there, all the rest resulting of losses, in the last 15 games(3 ligas)............ But whenever they face another small team they play so bad......... Boca, river, sanlorenzo and racing all lost there.........
But these independiente team is playing very good football, so it will be very tough to beat them, as they have been playing a very offensive minded game and pressure itself might pushe them to get at least a goal, but whatever they do, Argentinos will find a way to at least get the draw.........

There is a lot of feeling in these game, as you should first know that argentinos, is what we call a "semillero" basically they change 13 to 18 players per tournement as they keep bringing up kids to make theyre debut.....(Maradona, Riquelme, Aimar, amongst others found theyre debut in Argentinos).... So whenever thay get National TV they play theyre lives on the pitch, trying to get recognition of bigger teams........Thats why the have not lost a game against big teams in the last 3 years.........

Then We have Lanus vs Olimpo......

Lanus is a team that has been playing the same system with mostly the same players for over a year now.....
And eventhough they dont have the personell to fight the championship, they have other mision, which involves returning to Copa Libertadores, so they are eyeing 50-60 pts........
Olimpo has just returned to 1st div. and Making a long trip to Gran Buenos Aires.. will be very tough.......... they carry a very old keeper with Montoya, a wore down attacker in CHamagol gonzalez...... and base theyre system on crowding the midfield and fouling to stop dynamic teams of stablishing theyre game........
Lanus plays way to much the sides of the field, and will easily jump midfield to connect with theyre wings to cause chaos......

Take Lanus -130

Well finally play a O/U......

The game that looks to be one of the strongest matchups during the cup is the one that will be played in La Plata, where the last 2 champions will face up Estudiantes vs San Lorenzo.......

San Lorenzo is a very strong defensive unit, and last year had a scary offensve unit with Silvera, Fernandez and Lavezzi.......
BAd luck for them, as the CAM Lavezzi that was the distributor, has flyed to Napoli........... Subs have not been nearly as good as him, and theyre offense is still struggling to find themselves on the pitch......
Estudiantes is more an offensive minded team, but have another big loss, as Veron, the one in charge of treating and distributing the ball is out for the game..........
These game might decide theyre chances in this tournament, as none of them started strong, and both have difficult stretches in theyre calendar.........
It will be a very dirty game in which I dont see both teams scoring, unless it is for a 1-1............

Play the under

excellent stuff. I have very bad knowledge with South American leagues so i am looking forward to your thoughts and opinions. Hopefully everyone in the forum can help each other out.

By the way i had a question, i noticed in a single season Argentina has 2 champions? Can you explain how the Argentine league is run?

excellent stuff. I have very bad knowledge with South American leagues so i am looking forward to your thoughts and opinions. Hopefully everyone in the forum can help each other out.

By the way i had a question, i noticed in a single season Argentina has 2 champions? Can you explain how the Argentine league is run?

Damn.... I had it al written but suddenly dissapeared....

Mike, basically all SOuth american leagues run the same way, intead of having a big league of 40 games with a big winter break (summer down the ecuator) we have 2 leagues of 20 games........
However both tournaments are taken into account when counting points for the qualification for the copa libertadores and the relegations.....

Mexico and Colombia have a different way of determining the champion, as they play a series of playoffs with the top 8 seeded teams..........

Well Ill go and continue watching the games.....
Lanus 1- 1 Olimpo (got the freaking draw 30 secs before the end of the 1st half)
Argentinos and Independiente 0-0 halftime

25 to go..........

Independiente 0-0 Argentinos

Lanus 1-1 Olimpo.......

Your books post lines for these leagues or is it useless to post south american picks here??

will lay money on Deportivo la Coruna tomorrow in Spain..........

It's definitely not useless to post them here. There's a few of us degenerates that will bet on whatever, even if we don't have a clue about it.

Well........
Thanks man.....

1-1 so far

Independiente pulled out a very dodgy win over Argentinos 1-0..... keeps the top of the table all alone....

Lanus 2-1 over Olimpo......

Still waiting for the under on Estudiantes, about 40 min for it to start

Emet,
what book do you use? or do you use a local? I know the South American leagues are becomingly more popular to bet from the American market these days due to the whole Beckham effect.

I'm also going to follow Spain La Liga more closely this year, going to wait out a few matches, i just don't know whether or not Bernd Schuster can deliever at Real Madrid, a lot of pressure.

Emet,
what book do you use? or do you use a local? I know the South American leagues are becomingly more popular to bet from the American market these days due to the whole Beckham effect.

I'm also going to follow Spain La Liga more closely this year, going to wait out a few matches, i just don't know whether or not Bernd Schuster can deliever at Real Madrid, a lot of pressure.

Yeah, I use a local book called "Caliente"
And I use Bwin to get lines of Paraguay and Chile............

Well guys........
Have a great Night.........
Im off to watch some soccer to the stadium.......
Hope that under Hits...
:cheers:

Ok

2-1 night

Results are as follows...

Lanus 2-1 over Olimpo (win)
Independiente 1-0 over Argentinos (Loss)
Under Sn Lorenzo 1-1 Estudiantes (Win)

Im playing tomorrow Deportivo La coruna (Spain) and Velez Sarsfield (Arg)

Back