Soccer Rumors

~Utah

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Vincente Del Bosque to be the possible Spanish national coach

Loionel Messi (FC Barcelona) to St Petersburgh?

Andreas Isaksson (Manchester City) to PSV Eindhoven

Manchester City wants to sign Ronaldhino but the there is a lot of conern about his weight and fitness at this point

AC Milan is desperate for a new striker and Drogba seems to be the best choice

Barcelona are ready to give Juventes Samuel Eto'o for David Trezeguet

Gareth Barry is close to joining Liverpool as soon as they agree on a price.

Lampard looks to be going to Inter, with the arrival of Deco at Chelsea.

Newcastle are chashing Aaron Lennon as Keegan is a big fan.

Ramos is looking to sign Diego Capel from Sevilla, as he'd be crazy in England.

Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool are going after Eto'o as Barca have said he is available for the rite price.

Steed - I love rumors in all sports :)

Greencastle - No not really, but its not like I made this shit up, just putting down what I read

Man City have big ambitions, which include signing Ronaldhino, but Shinawatra's bank account has been frozen due to some shady business in Thailand, so his 800 million pound budget is unable to buy any high priced talent at the moment.

With Villa picking up Sidwell and Liverpool on the verge of selling Alonso, I can see Barry making that move within the next few weeks.

Villa want 18 million, while Liverpool only offered 13.

The deal will probably go through for about 15 or 16 mil.

Lampard doesn't look like he's going to Inter this season. Mourinho stated he's most likely going to get his man next season.

David Villa transfer is one I'm really curious about. Lots of players involved. I"m pretty sure if he is sold, its going to be a club outside of La Liga. Seems Tottenham is in the frame.

There is most likely an entire wipeout in the Chelsea line up. Drogba has been quiet although I could see a shake up there. Carvalho, Lampard, Drogba, Sheva are considered to be gone which means new Manager Scolari will have a huge change in squad....IMO that will fuck Chelsea up.

Arsenal are still in the process of signing Nasri from Marseille, Wenger has a hard on for his French comrades.

as far as Villa transfers are concerned.....I think I gotta burn my Barry Villa jersey.....Ok so we know he wants CL football but now it's become clearer that he wants more money and it's something Liverpool can offer. He hasn't even handed his transfer request in which is quite confusing when he has stated time and time again he wants out. There is apparently a clause in his contract that would state he would get bonus' for being a long serving member to the club. So now he's holding out.
If Villa do manage to sell Barry, next up in line is David Bentley. O'Neill loves this kid and could lure him for around 15mil. Though Tottenham are hot on his case and could off load Lennon + Cash to Blackburn and offered European football. I really do hope Bentley joins us if not we're looking into James Milner from Poocastle.

I can't see Bentley leaving Blackburn for Aston Villa.

He'll probably go to a big club like Liverpool or United.

Sidwell is gonna be a good player for O'Neill though.

As for Chelsea, they have too many central midfielders at the moment.

Deco, Ballack, Lamps, Essien, Makelele.

I can see Lampard or Makelele leaving this summer as Scolari shuffles the deck.

Arsenal intrested in Senna.
Great tournament in EC, he is 32 years tho'.
Bit too old for some real interests.

The last thing I heard regarding Bentley was that he wants to go back to London, with Spurs favourites to sign him.

Villa made a bid for him last week, but it was rejected.

Also heard that Liverpool were after him, but that was a long time ago.

Arsenal intrested in Senna.
Great tournament in EC, he is 32 years tho'.
Bit too old for some real interests.

Age is a huge factor there. He's a great holding midfielder but how much legs does he have? Wonder how much Wenger is willing to pay

The last thing I heard regarding Bentley was that he wants to go back to London, with Spurs favourites to sign him.

Villa made a bid for him last week, but it was rejected.

Also heard that Liverpool were after him, but that was a long time ago.

Villa have never made an official bid.

Pool aren't looking for wingers at the moment, until they get rid of Pennant they can't afford to launch a bid for Bentley.

Bentley's main focus is to play in Europe. Tottenham provides that but he hasn't made it clear he wants to play in London.

From a club stand point, Blackburn wouldn't mind getting Aaron Lennon in return whereas Villa can only provide the cash only if Barry goes for the right price.

Players I think that will shape up the transfer market are going to be

Gareth Barry, David Villa, Ronaldinho, Eto'o, David Bentley, this is from the stand point of the EPL.

I will shot MON in the head if he tries to go after Darren Bent. The price tag on him is absolutely ridiculous still "rated" around 10-12mil!

wouldnt mind giving up Milner for 10m =P honestly he doesn't worth that much. LoL

Chelsea also interested in Arshavin......I sense a Mr. Abramovich will have a huge play in this.

I dun see the Arshavin's saga will happen. Only 1 or 2 good games and they want 20m who was merely <10m before the tourney

I dun see the Arshavin's saga will happen. Only 1 or 2 good games and they want 20m who was merely <10m before the tourney

Well the thing is he's 27. 10mil is a fair price. Wenger recently stated he's too small and doesn't have the physical abilities to play in the EPL yet the moron has Walcott, Rosicky and Eduardo on his squad. Go figure.

big tourney's like these are just a show piece for a lot of contract seekers. Modric would of been worth a ton load more if Tottenham had not signed him as early as they did. Same goes with David Villa now, his stock has flown over the roof.

As for the Bentley matter, I read that Villa made a 15 million bid for him a few days ago, which was turned down. And I think just as recently as yesterday it was reported on Sky Sports that he wants to go back to London, with Spurs and Chelsea his preferred clubs. But we'll see what Ince has to say about that.

As for the Senna to Arsenal rumours, Wenger rarely signs players over the age of 30. But they do need a holding midfielder to replace Flamini the French Clown Face.

no idea where you got that ifno about Villa making a bid. It was never official. It was the suggested price tag for Bentley. Anyways, I think MON would do a better job at grooming him than Ramos or Scolari would. He's already proven what he can do with Agbonlahor, Young and NRC. Too often these youngsters think they are big shots and well in the end they get humbled.

You got to scratch your head wondering how on earth Wenger let this fella go. Unreal how some players have turned out how they have considering where they have started.

Glad this thread materialized like it did

TM you gonna do some previews before the season gets under way next month?

The story about Villa's bid being rejected was in the Daily Mail sometime last week.

Mate the Daily Mail is notorious for just utter rubbish gossip. The Villa boards have mentioned nothing about a firm offer, just a suggested price tag of 15mil. Even Sportinglife and SkySports have not even noticed the offer.

Glad this thread materialized like it did

TM you gonna do some previews before the season gets under way next month?

When I get some solid time I'll be up for it, probably only EPL though, too much work. I'll be focusing more on League 2 action anyways as the lines are much softer.

Hmmmm Green, what you think about Robert Green......

Villa got a Goalkeeping dilemma, so far it's either the club goes for Carson, Isaksson, Green, Guzan, Friedel or Robinson

Green's not bad, he did alright at West Ham last season.

Friedel is a great keeper, but is getting pretty old, so Carson and Isaksson look like the best options.

Zenith are crazy, they want Messi + 20 million € for Arshavin:36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6:

Adebayor wants Arsenal to prove their commitment to them and he wants an extension

Chelsea is targeting Robinho

Man U is interested in Radamel Falcao

Carlos Queiroz might be coaching the Portuguese National Team

<TABLE summary=Ranking><THEAD><TR><TD class="l rnkPos">Ranking</TD><TD class=l>Team</TD><TD class="c ptsThis">Pts
Jul 08</TD><TD class="r rnkHD" colSpan=2>+/- Ranking
Jun 08</TD><TD class="r ptsPrev">+/- Pts
Jun 08</TD></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class=odd><TD class=c>1</TD><TD class=l> Spain</TD><TD class=c>1557</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">3</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Up_Green.gif
</TD><TD class=c>254</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class=c>2</TD><TD class=l> Italy</TD><TD class=c>1404</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">1</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Up_Green.gif
</TD><TD class=c>-20</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=c>3</TD><TD class=l> Germany</TD><TD class=c>1364</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">2</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Up_Green.gif
</TD><TD class=c>90</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class=c>4</TD><TD class=l> Brazil</TD><TD class=c>1344</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">-2</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Down_Red.gif
</TD><TD class=c>-169</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=c>5</TD><TD class=l> Netherlands</TD><TD class=c>1299</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">5</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Up_Green.gif
</TD><TD class=c>188</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class=c>6</TD><TD class=l> Argentina</TD><TD class=c>1298</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">-5</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Down_Red.gif
</TD><TD class=c>-261</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=c>7</TD><TD class=l> Croatia</TD><TD class=c>1282</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">8</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Up_Green.gif
</TD><TD class=c>265</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class=c>8</TD><TD class=l> Czech Republic</TD><TD class=c>1146</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">-2</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Down_Red.gif
</TD><TD class=c>-100</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=c>9</TD><TD class=l> Portugal</TD><TD class=c>1104</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">2</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Up_Green.gif
</TD><TD class=c>10</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class=c>10</TD><TD class=l> France</TD><TD class=c>1053</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">-3</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Down_Red.gif
</TD><TD class=c>-90</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=c>11</TD><TD class=l> Russia</TD><TD class=c>1023</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">13</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Up_Green.gif
</TD><TD class=c>177</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class=c>12</TD><TD class=l> Romania</TD><TD class=c>1021</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">0</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
standings.gif
</TD><TD class=c>-48</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=c>13</TD><TD class=l> Cameroon</TD><TD class=c>1011</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">0</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
standings.gif
</TD><TD class=c>-30</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class=c>14</TD><TD class=l> Turkey</TD><TD class=c>1010</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">6</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Up_Green.gif
</TD><TD class=c>133</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=c>15</TD><TD class=l> England</TD><TD class=c>1003</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">-6</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Down_Red.gif
</TD><TD class=c>-120</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class=c>16</TD><TD class=l> Scotland</TD><TD class=c>988</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">1</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Up_Green.gif
</TD><TD class=c>10</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=c>17</TD><TD class=l> Bulgaria</TD><TD class=c>930</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">1</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Up_Green.gif
</TD><TD class=c>-19</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class=c>18</TD><TD class=l> Greece</TD><TD class=c>911</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">-10</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Down_Red.gif
</TD><TD class=c>-222</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=c>19</TD><TD class=l> Mexico</TD><TD class=c>906</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">-5</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Down_Red.gif
</TD><TD class=c>-114</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class=c>20</TD><TD class=l> Ghana</TD><TD class=c>885</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">-4</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Down_Red.gif
</TD><TD class=c>-101</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=c>21</TD><TD class=l> Israel</TD><TD class=c>876</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">1</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Up_Green.gif
</TD><TD class=c>4</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class=c>22</TD><TD class=l> Uruguay</TD><TD class=c>870</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">4</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Up_Green.gif
</TD><TD class=c>53</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=c>23</TD><TD class=l> Colombia</TD><TD class=c>869</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">-4</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Down_Red.gif
</TD><TD class=c>-35</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class=c>24</TD><TD class=l> Egypt</TD><TD class=c>842</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">-1</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Down_Red.gif
</TD><TD class=c>-6</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=c>25</TD><TD class=l> Paraguay</TD><TD class=c>832</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">3</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Up_Green.gif
</TD><TD class=c>27</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class=c>26</TD><TD class=l> Sweden</TD><TD class=c>801</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">4</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Up_Green.gif
</TD><TD class=c>2</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=c>26</TD><TD class=l> Nigeria</TD><TD class=c>801</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">8</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Up_Green.gif
</TD><TD class=c>92</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class=c>28</TD><TD class=l> Côte d'Ivoire</TD><TD class=c>790</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">-3</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Down_Red.gif
</TD><TD class=c>-48</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=c>29</TD><TD class=l> Ukraine</TD><TD class=c>786</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">2</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Up_Green.gif
</TD><TD class=c>-5</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class=c>30</TD><TD class=l> USA</TD><TD class=c>780</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">-9</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Down_Red.gif
</TD><TD class=c>-94</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=c>31</TD><TD class=l> Norway</TD><TD class=c>778</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">-4</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Down_Red.gif
</TD><TD class=c>-36</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class=c>32</TD><TD class=l> Poland</TD><TD class=c>773</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">-4</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Down_Red.gif
</TD><TD class=c>-32</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=c>33</TD><TD class=l> Northern Ireland</TD><TD class=c>750</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">-1</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Down_Red.gif
</TD><TD class=c>-2</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class=c>34</TD><TD class=l> Japan</TD><TD class=c>745</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">4</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Up_Green.gif
</TD><TD class=c>50</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=c>35</TD><TD class=l> Serbia</TD><TD class=c>740</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">4</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Up_Green.gif
</TD><TD class=c>46</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class=c>36</TD><TD class=l> Denmark</TD><TD class=c>722</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">-3</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Down_Red.gif
</TD><TD class=c>-28</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=c>37</TD><TD class=l> Morocco</TD><TD class=c>689</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">3</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Up_Green.gif
</TD><TD class=c>-1</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class=c>37</TD><TD class=l> Iran</TD><TD class=c>689</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">11</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Up_Green.gif
</TD><TD class=c>86</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=c>39</TD><TD class=l> Guinea</TD><TD class=c>670</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">2</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Up_Green.gif
</TD><TD class=c>-9</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class=c>40</TD><TD class=l> Australia</TD><TD class=c>668</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">-5</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Down_Red.gif
</TD><TD class=c>-40</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=c>41</TD><TD class=l> Republic of Ireland</TD><TD class=c>666</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">1</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Up_Green.gif
</TD><TD class=c>-8</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class=c>42</TD><TD class=l> Senegal</TD><TD class=c>658</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">1</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Up_Green.gif
</TD><TD class=c>-9</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=c>43</TD><TD class=l> Chile</TD><TD class=c>654</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">4</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Up_Green.gif
</TD><TD class=c>31</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class=c>44</TD><TD class=l> Finland</TD><TD class=c>653</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">-8</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Down_Red.gif
</TD><TD class=c>-44</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=c>45</TD><TD class=l> Switzerland</TD><TD class=c>645</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">-1</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Down_Red.gif
</TD><TD class=c>1</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class=c>46</TD><TD class=l> Belgium</TD><TD class=c>637</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">3</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Up_Green.gif
</TD><TD class=c>37</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=c>47</TD><TD class=l> Tunisia</TD><TD class=c>629</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">3</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Up_Green.gif
</TD><TD class=c>35</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class=c>48</TD><TD class=l> Honduras</TD><TD class=c>624</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">-11</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Down_Red.gif
</TD><TD class=c>-72</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=c>49</TD><TD class=l> Saudi Arabia</TD><TD class=c>623</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">5</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Up_Green.gif
</TD><TD class=c>50</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class=c>50</TD><TD class=l> Moldova</TD><TD class=c>622</TD><TD class="rnkThis r">1</TD><TD class="imgThis c">
arrow_Up_Green.gif
</TD><TD class=c>39</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The World Rankings never make sense.

Looks like Liverpool are gonna sell Xavi Alonso to Juventus for 16 and then bring in Gareth Barry for 18.

As to who's the better player rite now Alonso or Barry?

Tough call.

The World Rankings never make sense.

Looks like Liverpool are gonna sell Xavi Alonso to Juventus for 16 and then bring in Gareth Barry for 18.

As to who's the better player rite now Alonso or Barry?

Tough call.

It's more so who do Pool need more Barry or Alonso? Barry's versatility is easy his best asset. Both are in the prime of their career's but Alonso was soon bench warming majority of the time.

Mourinho seems to have started his Chelsea overhaul. Frank Lampard to Inter for 7mil.....

we all know the last time an Englishmen played in the Serie A.....Gazza what a joke lol

hard for alonso to get a game in ahead of gerrard and mascherano.

but barry would fit in nicely, especially after they sold riise.

Villa have just rejected Liverpool's latest offer for Barry. The media blew out the price as it was never stated that Pool had offered at least 15mil. This is going to be an on going saga I know it.

Andrei Arshavin possibly signing with Chelsea (no suprise there)

Man U is interested in Radamel Falcoa

Man U coach might sign on to be the Portuguease Coach

Chelsea supposedly has launched a 170 million bid for Torres, apparently hes Abramovish's #1 target right now

Milan is hoping to sign Ronaldinho to a loan from Barcelona

Juventas might make a loan move for Branislav Ivanovic

170 million for Torres?

You can subtract 100 million from that number and you'd still be overpaying.

As for Quieroz leaving, I can see that happening and I can also see him coming back a few months later after he realizes he can't do shit without Ferg's.

170 million for Torres?

You can subtract 100 million from that number and you'd still be overpaying.

As for Quieroz leaving, I can see that happening and I can also see him coming back a few months later after he realizes he can't do shit without Ferg's.

:36_11_6:

Jaun Silveria dos Santos should sign an extension with AS Roma soon

FC Copenhagen is after Dwayne De Rosario

Portsmouth bids 20 million for Peter Crouch

I'd love to see De Rosario test himself in Europe. He has the talent, but is comfortable where he's at rite now, and has already turned down moves to Italy and Spain in the past.

If Coventry could some how pick up DeRo, it'd be over!

If DeRo was playing for a mid-sized club like a Bolton, Fulham or Boro, he'd be one of the best players on the team, rite away.

Bigger sides like Newcastle, Aston Villa and and West Ham would love to have a player like him as well.

Back